X'ers Check In 12/19 TUESDAY!

teddy16410

Cathlete
Happy 6 days before Christmas everyone....
Gotta tell you all how impressed I am with all of us sticking to our program during holiday time! I'm not sure I would have it wasnt for this check in...Thank you - every single person here- for keeping me honest, motivated and on track!

Phase 3 / Week 3 / Day 2 / Classic / Fat Shredder Food Plan

Plyo X on schedule + I'll be adding in some floor work for good measure.

SANDRA: Congrats on the Ch/Ba Milestone! I was LOL'ing at your post because I could have written it yesterday myself. As I was doing Ch-Sh-Tri and somewhat dreading all those pushups in 10,000 various forms, I kept telling myself that it was homestretch! This is my last week for 3 weeks of this one. Next week is rest, the following week is back to chest/Back & Sh/Arms (which i adore) so that made me push really really hard! I also look in the mirror while bringing it much more often now! I also wear more form fitting workout clothes since the flab doesnt roll! Your wt loss is FANTASTIC! I am so happy that your body gave you results right away as I know you were concerned w/ additional calories. YOU GO GIRL! BTW: I think your comments about lost endurance & eating plan is right on! The posts I've read concur... People who followed the fat shredder did experience "endurance loss" temporarily... people who didnt change their eating stated no change at end of program.

LEA: Hope the cold is in the process of moving on out! Take it a bit easy so you can recover.

MONICA: My first week I did the same thing... used all that extra time to keep HR up... The second week I was like DUH... just rest and do some more! I really think thats where the "gains" ioccur quickly... PLUS it made me really NEED my recovery week. I could tell immediately that my muscles were being worked MUCH harder. For me I think this first round of P90X (12 weeks) is really about learning what works & what doesnt. Hopefully I'll be much smarter my next go thru which is planned to start in March (on my b-day! Happy 44 to me!)

TRACY: LOLOLOL... I am so with you on ready for recovery week! (see notes to Sandra).... I wasnt feeling strong yesterday in terms of WTs but goodness I improved everywhere as well.... AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING program. I cant wait to get SH/Arms back into rotation- A hilight for final phase for me.

Debra; High 5 on your no cookie day!!!!! I am totally impressed. What great commitment too getting your w/o done with that crazy day! GREAT JOB! You are just about to your first recovery week... Thoughts thus far on program???? LOL: Tell your 5 year old that Mason Twists are NOT easy - they are evil!

Hi Xers,

L/Ph1/Wk2/D8- Core Synergistics

Traci- don't be so impressed with me. I seem to be really struggling with the nutritional aspect which is why I was going to wait to Jan. 2nd. But I'll perservere. Part of the difficulty, as you all know, is the hectic pressure of work, shopping, parties, remembering evryone at the holidays, cards, etc... Shopping and meal planning has been out the window for me. So I try to focus and tighten up on the nutrition.

I recovered from this weekend's partying. I had severe DOMs in quads. The degree to which you know there is some damage. I am feeling recovered and tackled Core Synergistics. Still find this workout challenging and delightful. A perfect start to a week of Lean P90X.

Ladies with the weight loss, congrats! I'll be there after the holidays and I look forward to returning to routine.

X

Hi all,

cl/ph2/wk3/d2 - plyox

Hi all,

Thanks goodness for drinking a recovery drink. It seems to really be working. My arms were sore last night, immediately, but this morning feel OK.

Traci= Sounds like you have gotten a second, third, or fourth wind. Good for you. I feel better today and don't have the dread factor like yesterday.

X - I wouldn't be too hard on yourself about the eating. I'm struggling with lunch, but try to make myself cook a few easy to pack things on Sunday, so that I can eat the right stuff. Yesterday at 9:30 I was eating a turkey burger. I don't like that severe DOMS. I feel like it always prevents me from getting back to my regular routine quickly.

Tracy

Hi all,

I need your support BAD right now! I an falling off the wagon quickly and cannot stop eating sugar laden foods! Cookies and chocolate made up most of my eating yesterday.. please can someone post your typical P90x day of good clean eating? I eat meat, veg etc no restrictions... just need some ideas to get back on track! I feel like all the work of my first 3 weeks on the X has been wasted.. and am having trouble even getting back to this weeks excercise ( recovery week). Did nothing yesterday!

x(

Deb

X: Eating is and always has been my downfall if my routine changes at all.... Hang tough, you are still doing great getting started. Its not a waste of time- results are just less visible w/out nutrition platform. Good for you for hanging in there!

TRACY: For the first time today I stopped and grabbed half a recovery drink 2/3 thru Plyo X. I think its because I have only been doing workouts in late morning since starting program after a clean breakfast... I just crashed mid point today on empty stomach... The recovery drink was awesome & did its job! I finished up strong and drank second half after workout.

DEB: We're all here Deb! Dont let go of us at this point! Many of us have had a sugar binge over the past week. Took my body 48 hours to detox and it wasnt pretty!
First.... DRINK A GALLON or more of water - w/ lemon if you can today
Second.... Hide or trash ANYTHING like sweets / white carbs... they all trigger each other.
THIRD: Pull out your P90X Food Plan book and just look at all the yummy foods on the list you can eat. What is in your kitchen right now? Grab a protein and a veggie and start there......
I follow block plan on Fat Shredder & Todays Plan looks like this:

Proteins: egg whites, Protein Drink, Turkey, Veggie Burger, Tuna
Veggies: V-8 low Sodium, Broccoli
Fruit: Banana
Dairy: LF Cheese Sticks, Yogurt
Single Snack: Turkey Jerky
Double Snacks: Recovery Drink, Almonds
Fat: Olives
Carb: Sweet Potato

I Make my plan for the day based on whats in my fridge the night before since my house is pretty "clean" already. I fill in my blocks and then I eat those foods throughout the day. IE: My sweet potato is usually split into a lunch & dinner portion. My banana is split into 2 snack times along with something else from the list.

Once you have a meal or 2 of clean foods you'll feel back in the workout mode! Once you are do some cardio along w/ your P90X to really sweat it all out... Thats what worked for me yesterday

Just start your detox asap as the cravings will just get worse if you keep giving in... We're here!!!!!!

Hello Everyone,

Today will be KenpoX for me.

Took the day off of work yesterday to go shopping. Had a busy weekend, but managed to get all my workouts in. Thursday starts my recovery week. Still haven't previewed Core Syn. Guess I will just have to go for it, because I probably won't remember half the things I'm looking at anyway.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Thanks for the support. I went to my workout room and did 25 min of Core Syn and then 27 min of KenpoX ( no w/u since I was already warm from the Core work). This is to make up for missing Core Syn yesterday and supposed to do Kenpo today. I feel 100% better. Had my protein shake (my recovery drink) and oatmeal with FF milk, 1 teaspoon of sugar free jam. I will be putting all the "junk" away, and going to the book to get some good ideas. DH is a food junkie so I have a tough time eating clean!

Everyone is so great here! We need to get through this horrible eating season together!;)

Deb

Morning Xers!

Today was PlyoX. Mentally, I was ready but I've got to tell you that physically this workout was harder than the last 2 weeks. I really think the reason is the lack of carbs catching up to me. I woke up last night just STARVING and I never have that happen. I looked at it as a good thing and I definitely look leaner today. Anyways, I finished the workout feeling okay and made it through everything. In about 2 weeks, I'll bump up the carbs for the next phase. Oh yeah, my new HRM said I burned 477 calories, which I think is way too high. Oh well, something to compare to. Who really knows how much we burn anyway?

Traci, awesome post on food ideas. I'm doing well on the eating thing, but need to change things up a bit. I have to hit the grocery store and will keep your post in mind. So glad you started this check in as it helps tremendously. I look forward to posting and seeing how everyone else is doing.

X - hang in there. Someone brought me a box of See's candy yesterday afternoon at work. I'm putting it out for my co-workers. Believe me, it'll be gone soon. I work with 50 men and they don't seem to care about the waistline much. I try to keep the bad stuff out of the house as much as possible.

Tracy, glad the recovery drink is working. I'm not so sore any more, but Phase 2 will be coming...

Deb, my advice is throw away or give away, whichever is quicker, any bad stuff in your house. I know the feeling, if it's there, I'll nibble away. Our Christmas meal will be at my Mom's and I'm glad we can just leave all that stuff over there. It's NOT following me home. Good going on getting back on the workout track. You can do it!!!

Laurie, enjoy KenpoX today! I haven't done Core Syn either. Will be on my rest week next week. I think I'm looking forward to it.

Got to run,

Jeanette

Hi Deb,

I see you are on the right track now!

This is the worst time of the year for clean eating. I ate two cookies and a candy cane (again) yesterday. I may just throw the candy canes out. No one at my house has probably even noticed them but me. I agree with Traci, hide the stuff or make it difficult to get to. I try to take an hour or two and cook healthy stuff that I can just grab to decrease the temptation of eating junk. For example, I made turkey burgers, veggie casserole, and healthy pumpkin bread. I stick it in a baggie and take it with me for lunch or eat it when I get home. That has helped me the most. Even if it is not 100% following the plan, if it's somewhat close than I think that is better than completely off and eating junk. Junk makes you feel bad and decreases my performance and desire to workout, then you just want to eat more junk! For me, sugar is really addictive, so I have to eat almost none.

Hang in there, and celebrate small successes!

Tracy

CLASSIC/PHASE II/WEEk 3/DAY 2

Good morning to all the X'ers out there. I did plyo X today. I work out so early in the am that I don't eat before hand. This time it really showed. I was having a tough time with it today. I am soooo glad that next week is recovery week. I don't know, I have been feeling really tired the past couple of weeks. Maybe I will switch my eating plan. I eat really clean, ok, except for the egg nog(light) that I have been having a lot of lately. Maybe I am just not eating enough of the right nutrients. Have to play around with it.

Traci - Thank you for starting the X'ers Check In. It is good to know that people are feeling the same thing and also bringing some inspiration. Hope Plyo X was good for you!

X - I absolutely love Core Synergistics. It really gives you a workout doesn't it?

Tracy - Good luck with Plyo X too. I am glad that your arms are feeling better. Get ready to be sore again tomorrow.

Deb - Good for you for reaching out for help. I am so glad that you worked out. Sometimes when I am really feeling low, those workouts make me feel so much better. I know that the holiday season is really hard to control the eating. Just do the best that you can and please don't be so hard on yourself when you fall off of the wagon.
But I do agree to try to get rid of the bad stuff as much as you can.

Laurie - I am glad that you are keeping up with your workouts during this busy time. Have fun with Kenpo X.

Jeanette - I am with you on the Plyo X today. Really hard. But congrats on the leaner look!! I bet you feel really good about that!

Hi to everyone else that I missed. Have a great day.

Lea

classic/ph1/wk 3/day 6

Hello everyone!

I have Kenpo today which I really like...I will start off with ARX since I didn't have time for it yesterday. I like to start my workouts with this one since it seems really hard for me at the end..but more doable in the beginning. I feel ARX in my lower abs and hip flexors...so I may add some Cathe crunches in to get more in my upper. Tomorrow is a rest day..and then on to my first recovery week!

Traci...It's great to see progress! Congrats on your improving physique! I like the program so far. Even though I still have room for improvement with my eating...I AM holding myself accountable through the food diary. So far I have enjoyed all the cardio workouts and the Sh and arm workout is my favorite strength building one. I don't like chest and back...but I think I just get bored with all the push ups and pull ups...with that being said, I am now up to 138 toe push ups (I started at 87) with a total of 221 for the entire workout (I started at 168)..So there is definite improvement over the 3 weeks! Thanks for your eating plan thoughts, too. It seems like you are doing a great job keeping with the program!

X...It's hard to keep up with the meal planning during the holidays...I'm sure you'll be able to get on track after the first of the year. I'm glad to hear you like Core Syn...I will be doing it for the first time next week!

Tracy...Have fun with Plyo today...I really like this workout...even though I have to take longer rests toward the end! I think all the Plyo moves in Cathe really got me prepared for this. Glad your arms are feeling good today!

Deb...Hang in there!!! It's really hard not to eat a lot of junk this time of year especially!! It looks like you got a lot of sound advice from Traci, Tracy and Jeanette. I think it's really important, too, to keep on with your exercise goals. I find that if I have eaten too much, if I can just get up and get going that I feel better ( and less guilty) just by working out. I'm glad you were able to get your workout in this morning. There are some days where I have to make myself workout...but I'm always glad I did...and always feel better. Don't get discouraged by having an off day (or week even!) Just get back at it and set your goals. Good luck!!

Laurie..I will be Kenpo-ing it today as well!!

Jeanette...I think you're right to up your carbs during your next phase. My HRM said I burned 450 calories when doing Plyo this week..so maybe yours is right...but like you said who knows how many we really burn anyway!

Happy day to all who follow!!! Counting down those days until Chrismas!

Debra

Bite off more than you can chew. Then chew it---Ella Williams

Good morning!

Today is PlyoX day, as I'm sure it is for Jeanette, Lea, and a few others. I'm kind of dreading it. It's sort of like doing an IMAX all-blast premix. I love the IMAX workouts, but because of the recoveries and the short step segments - not the blasts LOL! What I think I don't like so much about the P90X series is that everything is so drill-like. You go through everything like a shopping list. It's effective, for sure, but I prefer my intensity to be disguised within a terrifically choreographed routine (hm, Cathe comes to mind :) ). Ah well, I'll stop whining and just do it. I'm sure when I'm done the endorphins will have me posting glowy things like "I love this workout!" and "I stink!".

Traci - the three week repetitions of these workouts was very smartly planned, wasn't it? I honestly don't think I would be able to give a fourth or fifth straight week of these workouts very good focus. It's like Cathe tells us in the Slow & Heavy series: three weeks is probably enough for most people's level of concentration. Those last four weeks will probably fly by for you. For me, wading through the middle part of anything is always the hardest part. Thank you for your response regarding the eating plan. Yes, it's amazing to me that I can add 400 calories a day to my eating, reduce my cardio substantially, and still lose weight! Me likey!! This also places me 1.8 pounds above my WW goal. I think when I started posting on the WW forum I was about 10 pounds above? Neat. Glad to see you got rid of your bloat yesterday. With the workout you did, I'm sure you got rid of a lot of stuff! Oh my!

Lea - Oh, the soy sausage muffin sounds very good. I might give that one a whirl next week. I've been eating very similar things for the past 2 1/2 weeks, so I'm craving some variety. I'm especially going to need to add some new stuff for the novelty factor, for this next week. Otherwise I'll be tempted to dip into the holiday "treats" (aka junk). PlyoX felt hard today, huh? I'm sorry to hear that. But at least it's DONE!!! Cross that one off the calendar! I'm pretty sure I'll be having a tough time with it today, too. Especially those 180-touch-squats. Those are tough! I'm not sure I've got it in me today to do the tuck jumps really fast, either. But that's okay. I'll just do my best....and forget the rest.

Monica - I LOVE XStretch. I'm so glad it's on the rotation a couple of times next week (I think?). Excellent work on increasing the push up numbers. I can't imagine doing Chest & Back really early in the morning, before a decent breakfast. Good for you!

Tracy - Glad the recovery drink is working for you! I love it. It's my treat for the day. How did PlyoX go for you today? You were dreading it yesterday.

Debra - You're crazy busy! Thanks for taking the time to reply and check in with us. A cookie swap sounds like a dangerous thing, to me. I was going to make shortbread cookies, as is our family tradition, then figured I would let DD1 make them with my mother, when they arrive in a couple of days. This way I won't eat half the dough, and if I keep myself busy doing other things while they're cooking, I won't be around to sample them either. I have no control over the quantity of shortbread cookies I eat. You did amazing with only a couple of tastes. My hat is off to you!

X - eating clean during this time of year is super, super hard. Don't be too hard on yourself. You sound like you're doing your best. And yes, Jan 1 will be here before we know it. I have yet to try Core Syn (it's in the recovery week, next week). I am really looking forward to doing something new.

Deb - Oh my goodness, I feel for you. I will try to come back later with some menu input. My clock for e-posts has just run out, and I really need to finish here and go. I'm glad you did a workout and got some good nutrition in you. It does wonders for the anxiety, doesn't it?

Laurie - I stopped previewing the P90X workouts, after PlyoX. It's not like there's tons of choreography, and it's easy to pause or skip-chapter back if I'm not clear on what they're doing.

Jeanette - I'm right with you, pace by pace, on the carb-energy thing. I am about to do PlyoX, but don't expect to breeze through it like I did in Week 1. Think about all that fat we're burning
}( }(

Okay, I've got to get Baby down for nap, Bring It with PlyoX, shower, feed baby, bring her to neighbour's for afternoon while I wrap presents and house clean. My parents are flying in for Christmas on Wednesday night (staying for a week), and my brother arrives on Saturday, until Tuesday. The pace is picking up around here, so I might not have as much time to spend online. I'll try to pop in daily, even if it's for a short post. I really need you guys to help me stay on track when I have house guests for a week.

All the best,
Sandra

PHASE 1, WEEK 2, DAY 2, CLASSIC ROTATION

Hello everyone! Sounds like we are all working hard today. Today was Plyo X for the second time, and boy did it feel harder this time! I was panting and sweating buckets. I haven't had a cardio workout that makes me red in the face like this for a long time. My dogs were both laying there watching me do Plyo. I kept wondering what they think their mom is doing -- I must look like a nut job jumping around like that!

Does anyone else struggle with the "Run Squat 180 Jump Switch" in plyo? It gets me so winded and my legs are just burning! I can't wait till Thursday for Yoga X.

TRACY -- I may have to try the recovery drink, it sounds like it works well for you. I try to eat some fruit and a piece of string cheese right after my workout as a sub. Do you know if you can only order a few to try them?

DEB -- Falling off the wagon always seems worse at the time than it really is. Just get back on and move on. Don't dwell on it - you will forget soon enough. Who knows, all those carbs and sugar may give you a boost to really step up your workouts for a while!

JEANETTE -- I felt the same way about Plyo X today, but I am only in Week 2. 477 calories is amazing -- definitely possible though. I think that you are supposed to burn more calories throughout the day after a Plyo workout as well -- who knows as you said?

LEA -- I am so jealous, I wish that it was time for me to have a recovery week. I can't wait to try Core Synergistics & to have Yoga on the schedule twice in a week!

DEBRA -- I also feel ARX more in my hip flexors and lower abs. Sometimes on the "Seated Bicycles" I don't feel it at all in my abs -- only in my hip flexors. I feel like I would get my abdominal benefit from traditional bicycles (lying). I am going to do the program as is this 1st time through though. The Pulse-Up (Heels to Heaven) moves really get my lower abs. Those are so hard. I will look forward to Cathe core work after I finish P90X.

SANDRA -- You are right - the P90X workouts do have more of a drill-like feel. I think that is what I like about them though. I feel like the time passes really quickly because you are always moving on to something new. Sometimes when I am doing step aerobics I feel like I have to repeat the same thing so many times that it will never end. Perhaps that is why I like the IMAXs and Low Max so much, you finish one thing and then move on. Interesting observation. I also dreaded PlyoX today -- it is so intense.

Happy Tuesday everyone,

Monica

Hi again,

I'm done PlyoX. And yes, I feel great. And yes, it's a terrific workout. And yes, I'm so happy with myself for doing it, blah, blah, blah :) :)

Interesting thing today. The workout (3rd time through) felt very intense, but I feel like I was able to bring it with better form. I probably got the best workout so far from it. That's a good feeling. I stayed very congnizant about landing softly. When you do that, this workout really works the core, because that's how you control your legs landing. All of these P90X workouts somehow engage the core. If I don't have abs of steel when I'm done, then nothing will ever do it!

Monica - those Run Squat 180 Jump Switches are, for me, the hardest drill of them all. The second hardest is the Run Squat Jump where you just alternate your feet. I got through them today quite decently for the first time, but they are nasty on the quads. And my heart rate spikes. I really, really like the run squats in the first round where you squat three times then jump. They don't feel hard at all :) If you want to just try what a recovery drink can do for you, try Boost, unless that's a no-no for your stomach? I don't think you're supposed to feel the seated bicycles in your abs, directly. Tony says that this is a core workout, not just an ab workout. Your hip flexors are extensions of your abs, and it's important to strengthen them as well. In that exercise you're also working your lower back (especially if you get your hands off the ground!). You're right that PlyoX moves really quickly. I like that about it, too. I'll have to remind myself of that the next time it comes up on the rotation. I think that's in 2 weeks!!! YAY! I get a break from it for a bit! I like being in week 3! It makes me want to work harder because I know this will be it for a little while. Ahhh, these guys thought of everything!

Well, time to go hit the showers. I stink! :)

Cheers,
Sandra

Today I did Ch-Sh-Tris and Cardio Coach #1. Tried to make up for yesterday's lack of working out. My mental state yesterday was so off and I realized it is because I didn't workout. I'm pretty good at getting in my 6 days a week and if I don't I really feel like a slacker. Feeling much better today.

Took advice given here and did pushups on toes going down and knees going up. Great idea. I really "brung it".

Buffy

Back for a quick peek...

Sandra...Glad you had fun with Plyo today..I like this workout...It does move quick..which is good for me! I know the ARX is for core...and hip flexors...I just don't feel it much in my upper abs...I will say I did better with it today since I started with it instead of waiting until I was almost too wiped out to do it. My hip flexors must be getting stronger, too, I can do 40 mason twists now!!! and most of my bicycles!! Sounds like you are going to be busy for the next few days! Have a great time and enjoy the holiday with your family!

Monica....Plyo is a great workout...My dog now just ignores me while I'm exercising...She tends to just fall asleep. I think once you get through all the workouts once, the second time around is a little harder since you can really concentrate on your form and you know what's coming next!

Just wanted to let you all know about my Kenpo workout..I have heard a lot of people complain that they lose their heart rate during the block section..I have too in the past...but I think I have it figured out how to "bring it" during this section. I really braced my abs and and my arms. I pretended that there was really someone trying to hit me and how I would brace my muscles to absorb their hit...Does this make sense? I tried to make my muscles as hard as I could just like I would in a real fight (not that I have ever been in one!) This really seemed to work for me. My heart rate dipped some, but it stayed pretty high for this section. It took me some time to get with this part because it is not something Cathe does much and I didn't have any practice at the blocks. Anyway, just wanted to share. Forgive me if you guys have already discussed this in the past, but I had my own personal revelation today!

Hope you are all well...and not stinky anymore!

Debra

Bite off more than you can chew. Then chew it---Ella Williams

Hi, ladies. It's me again. Thanks for answering my question the other day! I ended up getting my package yesterday, so I tore right into it! Today, I read the entire manual on the workouts and the theory behind them. And I watched the Bring It DVD. Tonight, I'm hoping to conquer the nutritional book.

I have a few questions that I can think of right now, if you don't mind humoring me (again).

1.....which rotation did you all begin P90X with...classic, doubles or len?
2.....do you use the supplements....the vitamins, bars and recovery drink? How important do you think these items are to this routine?
3.....is there anywhere (online or otherwise) that you can buy the P90X supplements (again, vitamins, bars and recovery drink)? I'm willing to sink the money into a 90 day supply, but I really want to know that they are necessary and will do the job they are telling me they do.
4.....I'm beginning my rotation on 01/01/07. Where will you all be at that time.....beginning a new rotation or in progress of a rotation?

I know that I will have many more questions, but that's what I can think of for now.

THANKS for all your help! I'm so excited about this.....I'm ready to start this Monday!!!!

Gayle

Debra,

Thanks for the suggestion on Kenpo X. I did it for the first time on Saturday and I really enjoyed it. I especially enjoyed the warm up / stretch portion in the beginning. It was a very different warm up for a cardio workout. I will try to really tighten up my arms and core during the blocks.

Monica

Happy Afternoon All;
MY BODY IS SO SORE & TIRED!!!!! I have taken 6 Motrin today just so I can move... thinking a stretch X is in order in a bit!

LAURIE: Enjoy Kenpo- Think of someone youre really mad at - it helps w/ intensity!!!

DEB: High 5 girl!!!!! Way to have mind over matter! That must be so motivating for you today! I love the feeling of really just getting it done when I have the "I dont wannas" GREAT JOB

JEANETTE: For what its worth... my HRM for Plyo X is always 400 + ... today my HR soared and I burned 513... I felt every dang minute of that one today! Will it ever get easier?

TRACY: Great point you made about sugar decreasing performance... I really experienced that for the first time since starting P90X.

LEA: You are so right about having to find the right mix of nutrients... its a challenge at times for me. My am food is the most critical followed by food before 3pm. My appetite shuts down after 3 so I really have to "force" myself to eat some kind of dinner...still gotta cook for DH so I usually have what I made for dinner the next day for lunch and eat a very lite dinner w/ him. PLYO kicked my booty today as well. My entire body is sore and I have back & bi & abs tomoorow....BUT I'M TOO SORE!!!!!!!!

DEBRA: Your push up stats are IMPRESSIVE! Very cool- I never counted my totals before...guess what I'm going to go next? lolol GREAT you found a way to really kick up your KENPO... I use gloves and have never had an issue w/ lowering HR... Amazing how different bodies respond to each w/o. About the abs... ME TOO! I always add in an extra 10-15 minutes of some kind of ab work to feel the burn... I think I'm just not doing some of the moves exactly right but I want killer abs so I do it and then add on.

BUFFY: Glad you found a way that works for your push ups! Thats why I love it here... so many great ideas to BRING IT!

SANDRA: Hadnt connected the dots to S&H... I think I may be able to actually do that series now since I "get" the recovery week/vary routine theory. Thanks for pointing that out! I too have a love/hate w/ plyo X ... I REALLY love the leg definition its bringing but holy smokes it just isnt getting any easier... today I had to modify the Rock Star Hops to butt kicks... I just couldnt lift both legs at the same time by the time I got to Round 3. So excited for family arrival! What a joyous holiday for you all! Check in when you can & dont worry about personals... I know you love me:7

MONICA: Great job getting PLYO done.. Its still the toughest of all for me... Where would I be without having Cathe as my pre-plyo coach?
Believe it or not my fav is the Squat Jumps... I always feel so POWERFUL

GAYLE: Hi again... YIPPEEE on your arrival... Its an impressive package isnt it? Classic/ Phase 2 / Week 3 / Day 2
Let me see if I can provide any responses here...
1.....which rotation did you all begin P90X with...classic, doubles or len?
ANSWER: CLASSIC (but I add SHORT Cardio 2-3 days a week)
2.....do you use the supplements....the vitamins, bars and recovery drink?
ANSWER: YES YES YES
How important do you think these items are to this routine?
ANSWER: For me its a revelation as to how much I need them. I use BB products right now but Sandra did a lot of research and has equal substitutions you can find...I'll be switching to those later.
3.....is there anywhere (online or otherwise) that you can buy the P90X supplements (again, vitamins, bars and recovery drink)? I'm willing to sink the money into a 90 day supply, but I really want to know that they are necessary and will do the job they are telling me they do.
ANSWER: BB.com has all of it but you may want to go w/ Sandras stuff: Boost (recovery drink sub & Harvest Bars I think are the protein bar sub...double check me sandra!
4.....I'm beginning my rotation on 01/01/07. Where will you all be at that time.....beginning a new rotation or in progress of a rotation?
ANSWER:On 1/1/07 I will be in Final Phase Week 1... So I'll be RIGHT HERE!!!!! I also start another round of it late March so I'll be back somewhere checking in. I think theres a group planning to start a January Start Group Check In .... would love to have you here if you want to start in.

Have a great afternoon all! Thanks again for helping me BRING IT to Phase 2 !!!!

Traci-

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to answer my questions.

Sandra-I'd love to hear what you use as an equivalent to the BB products. Again, I'm willing to buy what I need for the 90 days, but I want to do my research first.

Gayle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.