X'ers 1-15 Monday

teddy16410

Cathlete
Happy Monday to all!

Got back from our little weekend getaway yesterday - read some posts & DH decided he wanted to start working on taxes. Needless to say that took remainder of afternoon! Bay was awesome! The cold front starting moving in to Houston so we were 20 degrees warmer at bay! A very low key lazy weekend for me.

Back to business today.. Final 2 weeks of P90X rotation YIPPEE so I have Chest & Back for the final time time today! Maybe I'll even miss all those pushups!

Will read all of Frid, Sat & Sunday and be back with personals in a while. Have a great MLK day today- Hope some of you got the day off!

BBL
:7

Classic/phase 3/week 3/ Day 1 /ch&bk and arx

Hi everyone,

No one at home to talk to about fitness so this is a little long. Yesterday I did yoga and Butts & Guts leg blast premix. That is a great combination of lunges and squats and if it doesn't shape up your butt I don't know what would. Of course I added a few extra squats and deadlifts to round it out, but I think I'm going to add that to my post p90x rotation month. I'm going to try the overall leg blast premix first before I decide. I like the leg blast because no floorwork and I hate floor work. One more thing, I had yet another revelation when I was doing squats. My back was still feeling little iffy then I realized I just wasn't tightening my core (abs/glutes etc) to support my lower back when lifting the heavier weight! Am I stupid or what?

My flexibility has really improved! I don't know how flexible everyone else is, but I can almost get my head to my legs when standing. That is huge for me so yet another positive from following this rotation, even though I haven't been using yoga x for the last few weeks.

Yesterday I was looking for new step dvds with complex choreography and I found a couple that I will probably order from either Organica or Marcus Irwin.

Traci - Glad you are back and had a nice trip. Things have been kind of quiet around here. I missed your enthusiatic posts and comments.

Stephanie - Kenpox is not for a sore back. Even when it does get better that's more of a reminder to really focus on the core so the back is supported. You've lost two pounds, way to go. Isn't it nice when someone notices changes in the way you look after all of the hard work?

Debra - Wondering what you decided to do. Plyo x is not for a sore back either. I could do step with a sore back, low impact though. I remember those field trips, they are quite an experience. I used to work with autistic students in early elementary and the parents would be so excited about field trips and the change was just pure torture for the kids. I used to dread those field trips because I had to work so hard to keep the kids behavior in check.

Jeanette - Glad you got out to ride. We are back to the 60s again, but it rained off and on yesterday. It is so good that you are getting your husband to workout. I bet it is kind of fun to have someone to share the experience with.

Sandra - I hate it when my workout is interrupted, but its better than no workout at all. I used to have terrible, bitchy, PMS and after reading and lots of trial and error found that flax oil, evening primrose, vit e, b6, and no processed foods works best for me. I now only have the salt/sugar craving and a little bloating. I know it works for me because I can see a huge difference when I eat any chemicals.

Lea - We missed you. Hope you are feeling better.

I'm off again today for the holiday, so I'll probably bbl.

Tracy

Back With Weekend Personals! Have not looked for spelling errors so just hang with me on the creative spelling/typing!

SANDRA:
^^^^^^5 on all the unassisted chin/pulls... PROGRESS! You must have felt like a star! lol @ GroceryX... We are all official P90X nerds! or is it that your muscles are so sore that even grocery shopping feels like a workout sometimes? OK cracking up w/ Kenpo "Story" ... you always have such good ones that keep me going! I swear that when DH is home my workouts are IMPOSSIBLE to get done according to plan... It never fails that a few minutes into them he has QUESTIONS about everything... He also doesnt understand why I cant just continue working out while I'm answering his questions. One day I put a MEDITATING- Do Not Disturb sign on the closed door... He came in gently kissed my forehead and whispered ever so softly - Love You.... UGHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Hugs with hormones... We are quite a bunch here arent we??? I SWEAR I'm already bloating after just 1 good week .... could it be the 12 french fries on Saturday? The 2 cupcakes last night? OH HECK! I too am all over he board the past week with eating... I got my BFFM back out and am devouring it again until my TOSCA - Clean eating book arrives today. As far as resources for we Peri women.... The only really great resource I have is Christiane Northrup MD: The Wisdom of Menopause and Womens Bodies Womens Wisdom. I love her medical/holistic approach to women/nutrition.

MONICA:
Stay safe with that Ice Storm... Tuesday & Wednesday is the sleet & ice day for us! Scares the heck out of me with all the huge freeway bridges + drivers that have rarely driven in that mess! I for 1 dont plan on driving but DH doesnt have a choice. Good job on the doubles on Friday!

LAURIE:
lol on computer! Hope waterslide getaway was super fun!

TRACY:
WELCOME to last 2 X-weeks!!!! Where are you at with plotting out next rotation? Maybe when we get to "final draft" we can all post our rotation plans... that way I can change mine for a 75th time!!! lol.......I was thinking that the best results I ever got w/ abs was when I was doing them 3x a week as well. I think with abs its all about consistency for some of us. Working mine 5 minutes everyday doesnt cut it (sorry about pun) for me - I need about 20-30 minutes 3x a week to see the cuts. It also doesnt seem to matter whick instructor I use... Results with ARX are just about the same as my mish moshes 3x a week. OMG what a wonderful thing to have DH give a compliment like that! Congrats on Saturday pull/chin ups! You and Sandra are really improving!! Did a double take on al your sat posts... I thought you did L& B + RS + Kenpo.... lol I was feeling quite the WIMP for a minute!!! Hope you got a nap in yesterday sounds like you may have needed one! Just read todays post from ya.... WooHoo on finding great Leg workout!!! Also- thanks for the abs/core tight reminder... Tony has done wonders for us in that respect hasnt he? I can see how EVERY workout can be an ab workout just by focusing and contracting. WNJOY your 60 degree weather & day off!!!! We had to pick the lemon tree clean in anticipation of 72 hour hard freeze hitting today... I have 2 buckets full of lemons to juice today! Maybe I'll ship some to my mom but gosh thats kinda pricey cuz they weigh so darn much! If it were cost effective I'd ship all you some! A piece of Texas Tart!!!

DEBRA:
Glad the team got you desired info on CC. I only have the 1 as I gave up running years ago after marathon but enjoy using it outside as a walk/jog/sprint. CC is great because its for all activities not just running. LOL on Healthy Hedonists... Thats me for sure! Love my treats at least 1-2x a week. OMG on the fall! Are you alright? Still feeling like a Mac Truck hit you? Oh that is just awful!!! I'll send healing thoughts your way! and of course sending SELL SELL SELL thoughts for your house... I bet thats a stressful time having people in & out .... Surprised to hear that DD has school today? All our schools are closed for MLK- Is that a pre-school? 40 little ones??? YOU ARE A BRAVE BRAVE WOMAN!!!

JEANETTE:
Congrats on feeling Lean & Mean! So happy you had mom time & that it was so enjoyable Friday. LOL on remembering where we've come from - especially puffy times... Since I log my weight faithfully and track my ttom stuff (gotta do it for peri!) I was so excited last month when I really looked at ttom stats. Last October I started PMS w/ 138 WI and last day of cycle was 142. Each month those #s have gone down and januarys were TTOM Day 1 -132 & Last Day of Cycle -130. Really helps me keep my "puffy times" in pespective when I see I am still better off than 4 months ago during it all. Give DH an atta boy for me! YUMMY on the Saturday foods! I had FRENCH FRIES on Saturday night... I was having the Big O!!!!!!!!! Its so wonderful how our animals are forever close in the heart... thanks for sharing about Shyanne... Sorry about group bike ride getting scraped yesterday- I know how much you look forward to those rides.I simply am amazed by your determination to get out in the cold and do it yourself!

LEA:
Neat that you have SIL/Trainer in the family!! WOW thats very useful. So happy you identified iron deficeiency! I started w/ extra iron about 6 months ago and feel better w/ it as well. My eating of clean foods is way up so I'm not sure if I still need it so I may have to test going off it - too much isnt good either. Hope InLaw visit went well! We "footballed" it as well all weekend.. at least in the background of doing taxes! lol

STEPHANIE:
I have always enjoyed upper body workouts more as well... For me its just about variety & results. I see major results fairly quickly in upper cuts and the workouts tend to move faster with working various muscles. Having kids so far apart in ages will absolutrely keep you feeling VERY young! You'll be the youngest grandma at school plays in the future! Sounds like you picked a good workout yesterday for yourself. I really hope that today finds you with no aches, pains ..... Just be kind to yourself. 16 degrees? Ok I'll stop complaining about the 30's for 72 hours! ** note to self... never visit steph in January***

SUZ:
So good to see ya post again! FUNNY about DH listening to Tony Drea!!! It cracks me up how we all have tuned into that triangle! MAYBE it is part of P90X strategy... It was all planned that way to take our minds off of pain / monotony factor after so many weeks! I tell ya that Tony is a genius! I am thrilled that your shoulder is all better! So happy you were smart enough to modify and make it work for you!!!

AMBER:
^^^^^^^^5 on 4" lost!!!!! You are rolling at the hafway point! Great job! Thanks for checking in with some stats- always motivating to me regardless of the Phase you're in! Whats this about Dreya 7 Law & Order???? I watch all of them alot and cannot recall! OH MY TIVO here I come!!!

Morning X'rs,

Classic/Ph2/Week7/Day1

Today will be Chest, Shoulders & Triceps plus ABX.

Had a great time at the resort, or waterslides. It was nice, except for Sunday morning when my FIL fell out of bed. We where in a condo and I though someone fell down the steps. He had a stroke about 14 years ago and has no mobility on one side. Needless to say my heart went from zero to 1000 in a flash. He is fine, just had hit his head on the end table.

Well I need to get back to work, that is what I get for taking a day off.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Laurie: OMG about FIl... Happy he is ok but I can only imagine the frightful scare! Glad the rest of weekend was fun & relaxing! Have a great day

Hi everybody. Hope you all had a great weekend. It was a football, sit on the couch and read, kind of weekend for me and the boys. I actually started and FINISHED my 530+ page book club book (The Time Traveler's Wife) in 2 days! LOL. LOVE THAT!

I've been MIA since Thursday afternoon. Sorry! I got a surprise when the school called and told me my son will most likely be moved from his full-day Kindergarten class to only a "regular" half day class. Long story short, we have extended-day Kindergarted (EDK) for those students who score low on entry assessments. My son was one, but now they are saying he is doing well enough to go back to a normal half-day. I'm glad he's doing so well, but I don't agree with the decision to just cut him back to a half day. That's a BIG change and requires a lot of adjustment on his part, which is what I'm worried about. I've got a meeting Wednedsay morning to lay it all out on the table, so we'll see. I've spent a lot of time since last week to get information, collect my thoughts, talk to many people, etc. Kind of took up all my energy, in a good and bad way.

Now, need advice/help/etc from you ladies!

Exercise---HMMMMMMMMMMMM. Yesterday was a rest day after Saturday's marathon swim session at the Y. Sorry to say that I've lost my motivation for Tony. I get like this each and every single time I try to do something other than Cathe workouts and running. Every time and it's frustrating. I think what's the hardest for me to see is that Cathe and running combined work so well for my body in leaning me out, building muscle tone, keeping my weight down. So when I go to something or somebody else, I feel like I'm abandoning MY workouts.

SO.......what to do? Today is going to be a rest day. The boys are home from school to MLK's Day, so back to a normal schedule tomorrow for everybody. WHAT will be on that schedule is unknown at this point.

THANKS for letting me rant here! LOL. BBL to see you all!

Gayle

Hi Gayle:
Hope all gets worked out for your sons best.... Sounds like you put all your energy to good use..
As far as P90X- lol.... are you looking for motivation to continue on - you're in first phase right?
I guess without knowing exactly what your "deepest desire" is... If you are in Phase 1 and already feeling bored stiff and not at all motivated to go on AND if you are already getting all the benefits you desire from a non P90X workout then I guess I'd say why do it?
What was your reason for starting it? For me I was NOT getting the BF reduction / strength gains that I wanted to achieve overall fitness goals so I HAD to do something different. It sounds like you were already happy with results from your life pre=P90X. You can always just keep the series and use them as different workouts to throw in once in awhile for variety... I say that P90X is about VERY specific goals... Why go thru 12 weeks of not enjoying the process if those very specific goals dont match what you are needing?
Having said all that... If you get fired up mad at me then we know that you really just need to be spurred on to continue! LOL Its all good!:7 {{{{{{{gayle}}}}}}} :7
BTW: If THAT was a rant from you then you are the mildest mannered person I know!!!! LOLOL

Hey, Traci! LOL. Yeah, I guess that was a very weak rant! LOL. I can get all fired up!

As for WHY I picked up P90X...a change, I guess. I think I pretty much decided to do what you suggested. I think I'm going to use Tony's upper body workouts, Cathe's cardio (and running since I'm starting training for longer races) and Cathe's lower body workouts. The endurance lower body workouts, I think, are KEY for my body. I'm thick in the thighs and am always the firmest and tonest (is that a word, lol) when doing PLB. But I wasn't 100% happy with my upper body with Cathe's endurance training workouts. SO............I think I'm mixing it. Tony upper, Cathe lower and cardio, running and swimming.

Now, am I still allowed to check in here? LOL

Gayle

Gayle- You are soooo smart! Figured it out all on your own. GOOD FOR YOU for not agaonizing for 12 weeks... Life's too short! OF COURSE you still check in here... who knows you may be the first to spot the voodoo doll!
Glad its all worked out! Be happy and enjoy another book today! :7

Classic/Phase 3/Week 3/Day 1

Wow, I can't believe only two more weeks left. Thanks for reminding us Tracy or was it Traci? Hmm, better go back and check. Well that being said, I did my best on my very last chest and back workout. I can't believe how many pushups I can pull off compared to the first week when I started. Those military killed me today though. But yet they are suppose to right?

Tomorrow, personals I promise. Of course it is going to take me a while to go back and read what everyone is up to, so maybe Wednesday. Either way, I swear I will catch up;-) .

Have and Xcellent day everyone. Until later.

Lea

Hi Gayle and Traci,

Traci you always have such good logical advice, and I agree with what she suggested. Gayle, I'm sort of like you but a little different. I was getting great results from my lower body workouts, but my upper was at a standstill (I've been doing Cathe and running cycling etc.) So I've done the p90x rotation exactly, but added extra weight work for my legs 2x per week and then some running, cycling and step. I've seen great results with my legs too. I must say though that to get the maximum results for the upper body I think that you have to do the rotation as written. It secretly targets the upper body and core even when you think it's not adding on just extra little benefits. JMO. But in the end, I believe that it's all about what works for you and you have to be mentally happy or it is not worth it.

Tracy

Hi Xers!

Classic Hybrid/Ph1/Wk2/Day7

Tues- Chest and Back / Body Max2 Step premix + Ab RipperX
Wed- Cathe Friedrch's Hardcore Extreme #3
Thurs- Shoulders and Arms / Turbo Jam 20 + Ab Ripper X
Fri- Cathe Friedrich's Kick, Punch, Crunch
Sat- Legs and Back + Ab Ripper X
Sun- LIC cardo premix + BM2 Bonus Combo
Mon- Rest or X Stretch

Today concludes my second week of 12. It's a much needed rest and/or stretch day. I have realized that a stretch routine has been the missing link for me! I have never devoted any time in my previous routines for stretching. I am appalled at how tight I am in my neck and hamstrings.

Frog Stretch???? Hello! Sorry, can't do this with any respectable flexibility!

On to week #3. I am feeling great, still sore all over but great. Eating took a nose dive Sat. and Sunday. I'm able to eat clean until evening and then I had some wine both nights. Last night was a Patriots football party. Oh well, back to discipline and planning today.

I'm going to spen some time reading this weekend's thread and be back for personals!!

X

Good morning fellow Xers!

Classic/Phase 2/Week 3/Day 1

Today is Martin Luther King holiday so I'm home. DH went out to breakfast with a buddy so I'm waiting to see if he wants to join in on CST with me today. It's a beautiful, clear morning, though cold. Would like to get out for a walk with DH and the dogs later in the day. It'll cap off this nice 4-day weekend for me just right.

I'll check back later after the workout (with him or without).

Jeanette

Hey Gang just posting a boring report on my overall improvements w/ Chest & Back as today was my last time doing this workout. Feel Free to NOT read...lol I am VERY happy with end result of strength. I pushed beyond alot of mental garbage regarding push ups for sure. I am very excited to see the Week 1 to Week 11 comparison. Majority of gains happened in Phase 3.
I'm a tracker so I like seeing my start to finish progress and I also need the motivation to do Classic exactly as outlined the next two weeks.
***The numbers are for both rounds
All Pull Ups/Chinups (I use band over door so just trust me that I improved in strength by moving further back & using heavier bands!
;-) )

Standard Pushups:
Week 1: 0 toes/ 44 Knees
Week 11: 22 toes 20 knees

Military Pushups:
Week 1: 0 toes / 43 knees
Week 11: 21 toes / 11 knees

Wide Fly Pushups:
Week 1: 8 toes /25 knees
Week 11: 26 toes / 11 knees

Decline Pushups:
Week 1: 0 toes / 15 knees
Week 11: 15 toes / 9 knees

Heavy Pants:
Week 1: 23 with 12's
Week 11: 18 with 20's

Diamond Pushups:
Week 1: 0 toes / 16 knees
Week 11: 22 toes / 8 knees

LawnMowers:
Week 1: 32 with 12's
Week 11: 24 with 20's

DiveBomber PushUps:
Week 1: 8 very sad looking
Week 11: 15 very low & pretty

Back Flys:
Week 1: 25 with 12's
Week 11: 19 with 15's

Hi,

X- You should be stretching. The older I get the more important stretching becomes to keep down DOMS and maintain overall flexibility. Yoga works for me because I feel so good afterwards. Have you tried Brian Kest of Shiva Rae? IMO yoga x is not a good example of real yoga (sorry to bash Tony), but it does get the job done. I think that I get more done in less time with Kest.

Jeaneatte - I'm going for a walk too, later. Thought about a run, but after b&g leg blast premix yesterday, the run might not go too good.

Traci - Your stats are really impressive! I must say that I started out doing way more pushups than you did on my toes and I haven't made that much improvement. My diamond pushups still stink and I can't go very low on my toes. Aren't you kind of sad, last time doing that workout for this round? The time has really flown by.

Tracy

Hi to all..I don't have a lot of time to post...so ,I'll have to bbl with personals...Let's see...I did Imax2 yesterday and my low back was fine...did notice the bruise on my butt-ocks was sore when I was jumping LOL!!! But finished respectfully since I hadn't done it in a while! I taught at my DD's school today...she goes to a Montessori school and her class has 3,4,5 year olds + kindergartners..had more fun than I expected since the class was small today for the holiday and I am actually home earlier than expected....which is a good thing because I slept awfully last night due the the cold I am catching and multiple trots to the potty during the night...Something I ate I guess!!! Probably more info then anyone wanted...so I am off to lay down for a bit before my DD's ballet class this afternoon...Then hopefully this evening I will get to Back and Bis which is on the agenda for today.

Hope all is well with everyone...I only had a chance to skim above...but will be back this evening!

Debra

Bite off more than you can chew. Then chew it---Ella Williams

Good afternoon again ladies!

Classic/Phase 2/Week 3/Day 1

Today was CST. Good workout, though I am a little sore still from KenpoX I'm guessing, in the upper body. Felt more burn in a lot of the exercises today but about 1/2 way thru, started to feel better and stronger. Again, I went up in just about everything. I even got brave and attempted the one armed pushups on my toes and did 15 very shallow one armed pushups on my toes, then dropped to my knees and 9 more. I was shocked I could do these. I'm liking what my upper body is looking like. My shoulders from the front view are rounding out nicely. Have AbX to do tonite. DH came back, but had his buddy with him and so he didn't work out this morning. Will help him tonite on his workout. He's definitely not as motivated as I am, but that won't get in my way. I also refuse to nag him to work out.

Traci, glad you had an awesome time at the bay. Nice to leave, but also nice to get back home too. Way to go on your Chest and Back workout results. I love the whole concept of writing down the reps/weights. This is a must, isn't it, to stretching ourselves to do better. Yep, I was sad it was too cold for the group ride, but got out later. I love cycling. I actually listened to Cardio Coach #6 (Candace). I didn't do it though. It sounds pretty tough. I think one of my new challenges will be to be able to do all of the CC's. I've done up to #4 and it was a doozy for me. #5 and both 6's are long ones and have you working a lot at the higher levels for longer periods of time with little recovery. Tough, tough, but effective for performance.

Tracy, Butts & Guts is a good one. I too will incorporate this one after P90X. I'm sure interested in the rotations you guys come up with afterwards. I don't think I can do choreographed weight lifting anymore if going for strength gains. Wouldn't it be interesting if Cathe did a workout where you pick your own reps and speeds and just work out to the music? She could still give form tips, but also give time to write down our weights and reps.

Laurie, enjoy CST today. Glad your FIL is okay. That must have been scary!

Gayle, sorry that your motivation is waning for the X. Sounds like you've been doing great with Cathe and getting good results. A lot of us that are doing P90X now are doing it because we had plateaued with her workouts, or were overtraining to try to get results. We've learned a lot along the way and hopefully will be using her workouts, but maybe in a different way now to avoid the plateau again. I say do what works and what you enjoy. The upper work is awesome in the X. I'm getting great results, but not so much for my lower half so will change things up on the next rotation. I'll be patient and do it the next time.

Lea, hope you had a nice time with your IL's. You are close to the end on this rotation too. Great to see the improvement on Chest & Back. I can't wait to get to that one in a couple of weeks. Wahoo! Next week is my rest week!!! Then Phase 3! Military pushups are hard for me too. Plange pushups today were hard. I do them on my knees. So many times I feel the exercises in my shoulders more when my arms are close together.

X- you're reminding me that I didn't stretch yesterday and I think that would have helped with the stiffness I felt this morning for CST.
Frog stretch is tough for me too. I kind of flop a lot getting out of it. I'm back to discipline in my eating today. Really went off it on Saturday with GS's birthday party and yesterday had popcorn and trout that my DS had smoked. Plays havoc with my water retention.

Traci, nice improvements on C&B! You are exactly right about the mental garbage to push thru. I'm glad I tried the one armed pushups, even though they were pathetic. I have to train myself not to be defeated before I even try something.

Debra, glad the teaching went better than expected. Sorry you weren't feeling well last night. What did you eat that caused it? Hey, bring it good on B&B today!!!

Must go now,

Jeanette

CL/PH2/WK3/Day1: Chest, Shoulders, Triceps; Ab Ripper X

Hi!

Okay, I woke up this morning and realized that the honeymoon is over with Tony. I NEED MY CATHE STEADY STATE CARDIO!!!! I am in full PMS power mode, and I have more energy than I can stand. I start to feel like a caged animal. And I do so miss Cathe's fun cardio. Tony has no steady state cardio, and I need that for stress release. I find his workouts are stress-inducing, which I think is what he intended. But I can't do that kind of workout for 90 days straight, without balancing it with some nice heart pumping cardio. All this rambling to say that today I prefaced Ch-Sh-Tri-ARX with the warm up and step combos of BodyMax2. OMG it felt delicious. Just loved it; had a blast. Wish I could have done the whole workout. I kept the step at 6" because I only wanted a nice sweat to loosen me up and calm me down for the weight work. I've never liked Tony's warms ups. They don't seem to actually warm me up very well. And they come off as rather haphazard, IMO. So, this was the perfect solution. I got my Cathe/SS fun cardio fix, got to skip Tony's warm up, and did my P90X scheduled workout. Ch-Sh-Tri went pretty good, too. I went up in weight in some spots, but also noticed that this fatigued me more for some of the other stuff, so my push up reps decreased in spots too. I'm not concerned about that. I worked my muscles to fatigue, focused hard on proper form, and can feel a big pump in all the right muscles, so I think it's all good.

I'm going to continue to add 30 min Cathe cardios two or three times a week. Probably before the weight workouts. I'm thinking of subbing IMAX2 for PlyoX tomorrow, because I need a break from that. And I think IMAX2 gives an overall better workout, with lots of plyo moves. I guess I'm going to take an approach similar to X: stick with the P90X weight work, because they're golden, but be less stringent on the P90X cardio, because Cathe really out-does Tony in this regard. Just MO.

Traci - Taxes?! You've started your TAXES?? Don't you know it's only JANUARY?! Who's the accountant on this check in? She's gonna LOVE you! I can't believe you're only 2 weeks from the end. You've done a super job with sticking with it. I might check out that WBWW book. I think I've seen it in the bookstore before. Thanks! And how sweetly *aggravating* was that kiss LOL!! It's not like you can get mad at him for that - as much as you may want to! I want some of that Texas Tart! By any chance is that the name of your basketball cheerleading squad? You have made phenomenal gains in your chest and back work! Those stats are very inspiring! What is your P90X goal? Where do you go from here?

Tracy - Thanks for the PMS vitamin/supplement suggestions. What do you think about subbing IMAX2 for PlyoX? Do you think I'm sacrificing anything by doing that? I'll do PlyoX tomorrow if that's the case. But if not, then I think the change would be refreshing. I love Butts & Guts, but like you, I also hate floorwork. That's a bonus of P90X in my book: no floor work! I've always wondered what its purpose is. It's physically impossible to "spot reduce", and I seem to manage to live quite a full life without needing to lie down on my side and lift my leg 50 times with extra weight on it (maybe if I was a male dog with a large territory I would appreciate this stamina...).

So here's the question to everyone: floorwork!! What is it good for?!

Laurie - How terrifying was your FIL's fall! Glad he's okay, and you all had a great trip.

Gayle - I was wondering what happened to you. Nice to see you today! That's ambivalent news about your son, isn't it? I hope it gets sorted in a way that is best for him and for you. Your weekend sounds luxurious, IMO. I used to read thick novels within a couple of days, way back when I could shut everyone out. I love a good novel. I'm always sad when I come to the end, because it means I no longer have the joy of reading that book for the first time again. About your P90X dilemma. First off, I'm curious why you are doing P90X in the first place, when it sounds like your Cathe/running combination works so well for you? If you have a specific reason for wanting to do the entire P90X rotation, then I would suggest you tweak it to suit your needs. Need more Cathe or running? Sub some of the cardio. That kind of thing. BTW, during the middle portion of ANYTHING is the toughest time to stick to something because the novelty has worn off, there's a familiarity that makes you dread certain elements, and you're far enough from the end that it seems like you're going to be doing this "forever". In P90X they continuously tell us to just "keep pushing play". I take that to mean: even when you're not feeling motivated about doing the workouts, just start them anyway. That's the only way you're going to get to the end. But of course, doing P90X is a completely voluntary program. If you're truly unhappy, and have no good reason to stay with it, then do what makes you happy......Oh, hey, I see you and Traci already had this conversation. Well, I spent time typing all this, and I'm not deleting it LOL!!! Yes, please keep checking in with us.

Lea - NICE progress on the push ups!!! And don't feel pressured to go back to all those days if you don't have time. Just pick up where we are. You might be reading and writing for days, otherwise LOL! If I wasn't already writing a tome here, I would do a quick synopsis for you. But my carpal tunnel is starting to quack. Is it a surprise to anyone that I have CTS? :p If we were "live", I'd have Carpal Tongue Syndrome LOL!!

X - funny, we were both thinking along the same lines today: BM2 cardio with our upper body workouts. I find frog stretch uncomfortable, too. I have seen improvement, though. Stick with it! (I know you will). I didn't do XStretch yesterday and really missed it. I am going to try to do it tomorrow. Stretching is so effective.

Jeanette - you have a nice day planned. Enjoy!

Debra - Ooh, a bad night is a terrible thing. And you must have been rather worried about how your day would go as a result. How nice that it went so well! I chaperoned my DD's kindergarten class last spring on a trip that turned into every parent's nightmare. It was awful. The funny thing was, DD thought it all went spectacular! I mean, it was so bad the kids didn't even get to their planned destination LOL! But because Mommy was chaperoning, my DD could have cared less. She told me it was the best field trip ever :+

Well, have a good day everyone,
Sandra

Jeanette - we posted at the same time. That is AMAZING that you did those one-armed push ups!! Woohoo!! I'm also not seeing the results in the lower body that others have mentioned. I think Cathe (and stepping in particular) tones my booty best. Is cycling good for the butt? I would think so?

Cheers,
Sandra

Sandra, is cycling good for the butt? Yes it is. I know those muscles are down there somewheres. Just got to get the fat off of them. It's butt glue and doesn't want to budge. Think I put it on in the 6th grade and it's like country music, here to stay LOL! Actually, my legs are probably a bit more toned and a bit smaller now with P90X than while doing all of the heavy squats and such. Think the best they looked was the short time I did a Slim Series rotation. Think the DVD is called Firm It Up that really works the lower body. It was a killer. I think probably, freestyle works best for my legs for slimming. I tend to push a pretty big gear when I cycle so I think I get bigger legs than others, plus they are short muscles too so the look isn't elegant at all, nor will I believe it ever will be. I just want to get rid of the jiggle on top. If riding a hundred miles doesn't slim them up, I don't know what will. But I still love cycling anyways.

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.