Xers ~Birthday Monday! ~

teddy16410

Cathlete
[font face="arial narrow"]Happy MONDAY Gang![/font/ arial narrow]

***Happiest of all birthdays Cheryl! You deserve such a wonderful year!!! What special things ya doin’ today???? LOVE having you as an Xer!***

***Butts & Guts Standing + *MAYBE* PIT LOWER that never got done yesterday***
~took yesterday to rest my crampy, crabby, tired body~

~Dr at 1:15 – FINALLY! Woke up at 150am – cant tell if it was cramps or shoulder pain that actually woke me up but had both intensely so just stayed up… Hoping I get more actual sleep time this week than last as I am starting to run out of gas! Client tonight so I’ll let ya’ll know what DR says in the morning as I’ll be cutting it close on time this afternoon.

~ Caught up with most of the Xers who popped by yesterday… Hope all the rest, recovery, rehab, recoup days were helpful to all who needed them!

~ On the Peanut Discussion: The Book Raw Food Detox it states: "Peanuts & Soy Nuts are not approved as they are simply too difficult to digest & mucus forming. Due to their high protein content & low cost they have gained a place as America’s national health food. Peanuts are not health food & in fact they aren’t even nuts. Peanuts are legumes. Like soy nuts peanuts should be avoided at all costs.” Interesting

~~~~~~~~ A few Catch Up P~E~R~S~O~N~A~L~S ~~~~~~~
::::::::::******:::::::**********:::::::::****::::****::::::***

[font face="book tahoma"][i ]LEA- X (aka: BB) [/i][font/ book tahoma]
[font face="book antiqua"][i ]Hope you are feeling MUCH better today!!! [/i][font/ book antiqua]

[font face="book tahoma"][i ]JEANETTE - X [/i][font/ book tahoma]
[font face="book antiqua"] WELCOME HOME!!!!![font/ book antiqua]

[font face="book tahoma"][i ]TRACY - X [/i][font/ book tahoma]
[font face="book antiqua"][i ]WooHoo on your outstanding ride yesterday! What an incredible milestone on the bike! Is it more strength or endurance that you have developed? Whatever it is FABULOUS! Pretty soon there wont be enough hours in the day to ride as far as you are capable of! ~ You broke my spirit when you mentioned push ups in The Pit! LOL** I think every workout that has them should have a disclosure! Seriously tho- do you feel that a person can do too many pshups? Should they be treated like all exercise and be avoided day in and day out? I ask because I know that pushups exasperated the shoulder injury a the bay 2 weeks ago and was wondering if perhaps I was doing too many just because almost all Cathe & Tony has them + of course Yoga versions. Planning on asking Doc as well. [/i][font/ book antiqua]

[font face="book tahoma"][i ]WENDY - X [/i][font/ book tahoma]
[font face="book antiqua"][i ]Arent we a night owl lately?!?! You do the most amazing things til wee hours I must say… Other than the computer I keep my strange waking hours at the computer. Hope your week is filled with sleep & happiness! [/i][font/ book antiqua]

[font face="book tahoma"][i ]DEBRA - X [/i][font/ book tahoma]
[font face="book antiqua"][i ]Well look out our gal w/o on Sunday! I envy your Farmers Market trips.. Our is so far into the city we just don’t go. Something about fighting traffic and zillions of car fumes that make me feel less than healthy by the time I get there. Hope the foliage got planted and dinner was great! [/i][font/ book antiqua]

[font face="book tahoma"][i ]CHERYL [/i][font/ book tahoma]
[font face="book antiqua"][i ]Hope the family turned Family Night into a birthday party! I really do hope your day is extra special and that DH surprises you with something MIND BOGGLING for your day! XXOOXOXOXOXOXOXO Enjoy GS Legs today… Its coming up soon for me as well. [/i][font/ book antiqua]

[font face="book tahoma"][i ]AMY [/i][font/ book tahoma]
[font face="book antiqua"][i ]MISS YOU & Hope you are OK [/i][font/ book antiqua]

[font face="book tahoma"][i ]SANDRA - X [/i][font/ book tahoma]
[font face="book antiqua"][i ]Hoping you survived yesterday and that the household is germ free today! Now to deal with the sugar withdrawals! [/i][font/ book antiqua]

[font face=" times new roman "][i ]
*******Hoping everyone is well today and that your week begins with smiles and hugs from those you love! XXOO *******************
[/i][font/ times new roman]

Hi all,

I am taking a rest day today. I really don't have any body part that needs to be worked today! I got in some yoga last night, because I was getting a little stiff towards the end of day.

Traci - Yes, I do think that you can overdo pushups and everything else. I usually only do them once a week. I work upper twice a week, but only do push ups/pull ups once even if they are in the routine that I have chosen, unless it is just a few, but that is rare. I'll sometimes sub something else, but usually just skip them. For a while I was working upper with medium weights 3x/week or 5x in two weeks and that worked well. Recently, since I've been albe to go heavier, I have found that for upper two medium to hard workouts per week, or three in two weeks, is better for me than more often because it allows the tissue to heal. You have to remember that I stayed working upper body very regularly after the X with quite a bit of intensity because I couldn't work the lower, so I've developed quite dense upper body muscles. On another note, because I usually do quite a few pushups, I rarely do front raises, and will usually sub some sort of rear delt work or do them with very light weight. Yoga does work the shoulder too, but for me it is the wrist that shows wear after numerous sessions. I have to be very careful to roll my shoulders back when I go into up dog and that seems to keep the wrist shoulder and arm in proper alignment and so no pain. I think that when lifting weights, and you know this, you have to be very smart about how you train. I learned my lesson with my back. Even though a person can lift a heavier weight for the desired number of reps, it is important to build a good foundation of connective tissue/muscle and supporting tissue before you engage in consistent heavy weight work, otherwise injuries may occur, as with my back. good luck at the Dr.

Jeanette - Your interaction with the lady at golf the other day put a smile on my face. I would have loved to have been a fly on your golf bag!

Hi to everyone who follows. Happy Monday!

Tracy

Hi gang- Workouts done!

B&G Standing- as always ouch - but it is getting easier with all my leg focus lately;-)
The Pit - Lower Body 45 min
OK- What can I say-- I LIKED it! Very much anaerobic toning would compliment KickMax Drills (his are different)... There was an Upper Body Punching segment in middle of leg drills (WTH) but you can omit that for an all lower day then its just at 30 min.... The upper drill segment of the lower workout is good too. I wont preview Upper Body Mix or Full Body just because I like the surprise element....

Form isnt all good in video- instruction isnt all that much - sound quality just OK but for some reason I liked it.... Its basic music and the reps are un-godly but effective.... a beginner to kickboxing SHOULD NOT ATTEMPT! LOL

Its really going to help me out tho once I can at least start doing upper without weights...

If interested either dig in Tracy's trash ;-) or wait til you find a below 10 buck copy....

Off to eat and shower....BBL w/ todays personals

Morning Xers,

Rotation: LGI8
Workout: Week3/Day6/CTX Back & Triceps / Yoga Zone Yoga for Weight Loss

Sorry I wasn't able to check in this weekend, just was busy. :) Campout with youngest was pretty rough. There was a party at a house that was by the park. We could hear it. And at about 10pm we saw some of the party members. Only problem, some of them where naked. x( Now remember this was a 5&6th grade CHURCH camp out. We did call the cops, because it appeared as if they where going to make another run through our camp site. ;-) By that time the young girls where with us. I was tired, and wanted to go to bed. But it appears once boys have had marshmallows and chocolate, they like to run around. x( It started to rain, so that ended the boys playing. So I'm all comfy in my sleeping bag, and I hear people talking in the next tent. They finally shut up, but the wind and rain where still there. I must have dozed, because I woke up again and it was freezing cold. 52 Deg, so my head is covered with the sleeping bag. This finally worked! :D

Oldest DD did great in her first Varsity run. She came in 22nd, with a time of 17:30. This was a relay race also, so she came in 6th place out of the #8 runners.

Sunday, we got a rental Clarinet for youngest DD. And I was cleaning the house. I got in a couple of naps also. :D

Cheryl, Happy Birthday!

Traci, I'm always one to like a KB workout. I think there is only one workout that I didn't like. And I don't rember the name of it. :) Thanks for the info on the peanut. Soy has never agreed with my stomach, and I only eat peanuts once a week. Guess that is the way I will keep it. :D More healing vibes to you.

Tracy, I will have to go back to look at your review of The Pit. From what Traci has said, it didn't appear that you liked it much. :)

I will try to bbl to chat!

Laurie

Howdy Xers!

So yesterday turned into a rest day and this morning I just overslept, lol. My body was tired and needed some extra rest. I'll be tackling S&H Chest, Back & Shoulders along with CM2 later this afternoon.

Cheryl -- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I hope you have a great one. You share it with my youngest (she's 4 today) ;-)

Traci-X -- Good luck with your doc's appt today. I hope you get some answers and start healing!!

BBL for more personals, I'm already running behind...

Carol

Good morning,
DH and I had a good time camping. Very glad we were in the camp trailer instead of a tent. The new generator was wonderful. I could make my coffee using my electric coffee pot. We could also run the forced air heater in the trailer. Not really camping as in Lewis & Clark, but hey, we were outdoors. It started raining during our Rhino ride on Saturday and I got pretty cold. Spent the rest of the day inside, reading my golf book and some magazines. Saturday night, it rained all thru the night, though we are very thankful for that. Sunday morning, we headed out for another Rhino ride before packing up and heading home. No pictures this time, though I should have had DH take a picture of me in my long Australian Outback duster with sheepskin lining (very weatherproof and warm).

Today was Slim Series Tone It Up and will do a short bike ride after work. We are getting new carpeting in our office today so it will probably be a wasted day to get much done.

Not going to try to catch up on this past weekend's personals, though I very much enjoyed reading them.

Traci, hope your cramps are gone. TTOM hit me finally on Saturday morning. I am sending out good vibes for you and your doctor's appointment. Hope it is nothing serious and something that rest or medication can help. Were you doing some Slim Series workouts before the RC started bothering you again? I know those are such high rep workouts that they can bother a slight injury. I'm being careful with my elbow now and doing something different if I feel any pressure on my elbow at all. My shin seems to be feeling back to normal, thank goodness. I'll see if I feel anything at all on the bike this afternoon. Wendell's new boat is beautiful. Happy for him. Our boys sure like their toys and I guess I like mine too. Think I will be going to Reno this weekend to buy my own clubs. Think I will pass on the Pit.

Tracy, enjoy your rest day today. Hope all goes well at work for you. Sorry that you had to lift the heavy child the other day. Too bad there wasn't someone else to help with that. Way to go on feeling so good on your bike ride. Once in a while, I'll just feel super strong for some reason. Guess the planets are just lined up right when that happens to me. You work really hard so you deserve it.

Laurie, sorry your campout wasn't the best. Mine wouldn't have been if we'd been in a tent for sure as it rained. I hate not being able to sleep due to too much noise. Are you done with the chemical inventory yet? Hope your day goes well today.

Debra, your Farmer's Market experience and all the talk about pumpkins sounds so good! I love autumn and noticed the leaves are changing here, not a lot yet, but it's happening, as it always does, year after year.

Got to run,

Jeanette

Good morning,

Rotation: week III/MIS
Am: hour jog completed
Pm: GS push-ups/MIS upper/abs

Sorry that I did not post yesterday, I miss talking to you guys. My two GS drove me crazy, I’m still mad/pissed at them both the two of them together may be to too much for me. Mark is 4 and Torian is 2 he'll be 3 next month. Mark is the GS I recently meant, (long story) this was the first time we spent quality time together, and it was nice. He's really a sweet heart. The first time I meant Mark and his sister Day we felled in love, But, Torian and Mark man oh man…Mark sister I call her Day, I'm claiming her as my GD she calls me GM too, so affectionate always hugging me kissing me, she’s the daughter I wish I had This is my third time seeing and being with Mark and Day, they even came to Ruby Tuesday for my birthday I tell you she’s a SWEETIE.

From the time Mark walked into my apartment, all I did was say Stop….Don’t do that……why you break that……stop jumping. I tell you, it was crazy. Sent all three home around 4pm, I planned to keep longer but, by that time I was pooped and had a trouble headache I’m really not a mean GM just don’t like it when I ask my grandkids to stop doing something and keep doing it, when I say stop dam it Stop that’s what I mean.

Teddy Ted……spent the day with me too, helped me with kids, children love him all my other grandkids when they come over still, ask GM were is Ted, they miss him. After kids were picked up I spent time with Teddy we had a serious long talk, too be continued.....

Yesterday, before the kids woke I did get the chances to workout. I hopped on treadie for 30 minutes and than I did GS legs, standing I did squats 6x/50 lbs and lunges/30 lbs, the workout was great and as soon as I started calf work, all of a sudden morning GM, they just watched and then started doing the thing I asked them not to do, DON’T MESS WITH MY WEIGHTS GM DON’T WANT YOU TOO DROP IT ON YOUR TOE argh………

Cheryl: Happy Birthday:D :D :D

Good Morning Ladies,

[font color =purple font size=+1]Happy Birthday Cheryl!!!![/font]:) :) :) :) :) :)
Do you have any special plans for the day? You deserve the best!

Can't stay long to chat. The girls have music lessons today. BBL for personals.

I never got around to spinning for a workout. I don't know where my time goes when Phil works 12 hour days 7 days a week. I'm thinking of starting another round of the X today. I like not having to think about what to do next or think about which Cathe video I need to sub. Also, I miss Tony! I'll mull it over today. Most likely, I'll just jump in and do it. Always rushing in without thinking.... sigh.

Gotta go. So much to do, so little time!

Ballistic Hugs to ALL!
Wendy

Just hopping on to wish Cheryl a very happy birthday! Hope you have a wonderful fun filled day...and lotsof blessings for the upcoming year!

BBL to catch up a bit...
Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell
0101_10009001661.gif
[/url]
Plant beneficial seeds, do your best and let go---Eion Finn

Cheryl: What are your plans for today? :) :)

I hope I am mentally able to get my workout in this evening, not tired, just still in blah...blah...land, not sure what or how I’m feeling today. I have to be at Election Polls tonight at 7pm shouldn’t take more than 30 minutes to set up our booth.

Tomorrow, is my scheduled rest day, Yay;) I believe I earned it ;) I've been going strong over the past 2 weeks and besides, I have to be at election polls tomorrow @ 5:30am I’m glad the station I'm working is only 5 minutes away. Be back, NEED to read what you guys were up too yesterday, bbl:7:7

WO/Round2/Phase2/Week 5/Day 6/Kenpo

Want to ride today but may wait until tomorrow. DOMS from Legs and Back yesterday. Wow! Don't know what I did different but it feels good.

Cheryl - Happy Birthday to you! Here's to a special and lovely day for you to spend any which way you please! Enjoy!

Wendy-Go for round 2!

Tracyx- Awaiting your report back from the dr. Hope it is a positive one.

Haven't had time to read any posts from the weekend yet. I'm always thinking of lady xer's in my head, does that count?

Wow! The weekend flew by. The carpets are clean, draperies cleaned, etc., etc., Also did all my scheduled P90X workouts. I'm feeling tired. I'm liking the fact I'm not gone on the weekends, don't have to draw out the 90 days.

Tidbits, DH took me shopping Sat. night and helped me pick out a sweet little brown party dress for his upcoming class reunion. :)

During survivor on Thu. night a bat was flying around the living room. I covered my head with a blanket and told DH to get it out. He shut it in the bedroom, captured it in a T-shirt and released it outside. I called him my "hero". It must have flew in earlier while the patio door was open during my grilling on the deck.

I'm expecting a visit/stay from a girlfriend I made during my year in Yellowstone in 1992. (while trying to escape the XDH stalker) She is a massage therapist. She has some issues caused from sexual abuse in childhood. I love her dearly, and feel for her. She has a trust issue, therefore can't settle down anywhere. She moves from coast to coast every 5 years. DH says we could let her stay a short while, should she decide to settle in a nearby town and city. Our local massage therapist is looking for another therapist to work for her. I dont' know how it will all workout.:p

:+:+:+:*:*HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHERYL!!!!!!!!!:+ :+:+:+:*

HSTA

This month I'm focusing on endurance until the new heavy DVD's get here. I am so ready for them but I know I need to give the heavy lifting a break until then.

DH is home today and he is talking in my ear right now to come out and clean the garage with him. He said, "Are you telling them you can't sit and chat all day because you have to look productive for me".:p What a goose:)

Maybe if he goes to pick up the boys I can do personals. I guess you'll find out later:)

Nicole

Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.

070209_10019023368.gif
[/url]

Nicole-X: ROTFLOL! Your dh knows you so well!!!!:7 :7 :7 Now be productive -- Bake him some whole grain bread!:7

Amy-X: Wow! You are such a good friend. I once had another woman and her teenage son live with us for 5 months. It was difficult playing hostess for that long!!!

Yep! I decided to do C&B today. I'm excited to start the X again.

Gotta run to the oriental food store. The steamed sweet rice didn't turn out as I had wanted. Meaning, it was NOT edible. I want to find a shorter grained version.

BBL for more personals.

Ballistic Hugs to ALL!
Wendy

Hi Gang-
Drs report to follow and then I gotta get off puter as I am in major discomfort today.

Dr believes we are dealing with 2 separate injuries that may/may not be related.

I have a test tomorrow to determine extent of nerve damage-
"Ulnar Nerve Entrapment" - its somewhere near elbow area- they knew this because of the pinky & ring finger & forearm problems past 2 weeks....

I start rehab for my entire shoulder region 3x per week for 4-6 weeks. "Posterior Capsule: Stretching, Strengthening, ROM & Modalities." Basially he said he thinks the original damage last November was a tear in the tendon that connect bicep to shoulder and that it just isnt strengthening / repairing on its own. He said that all my upper shoulder issues now are really more related to the nerve damage and my loss of strength/motion & not really a result of the original injury. He also said that I had some of the strongest rotator cuffs he has ever seen IN A WOMAN MY AGE! (the nerve of him!) I guess all the extra cuff work I always do has been a good thing.... :7 A girls gotta be proud of strong RC's! LOL The reason I am losing feeling and having forearm pain is because of the elbow being bent... Reading a book, using computer etc... I am suppose to keep my arm as straight as possible as much as possible.

Also put me on some Lodine (anti inflammatory & pain) for 60 days...

As far as working out: He said that its really about my pain level.He said its fine if I want to lift but if theres immediate pain STOP and/or if the swelling & pain worsen after a lifting session then dont. He told me to talk more with the rehab guy Thursday about what may or may not be on hold specifically related to shoulder strength work.

Will know more after tomorrows test results come back and Thursdays initial rehab session.

Thanks for thoughts & well wishes... I'm relieved, tired, and just want it all to be over.... See ya gals in the AM!:*

Traci-X: Thanks so much for keeping us updated on the doctor's appointment. I'm so happy you made and kept this appointment! LOL about your doctor's comment! Didn't you tell him you was an X-Grad!!!!:) I hope the rehab guy will be able to give you some more suggestions and help. Did the doctor say how long rehab would take? I'm guessing it's gonna take awhile since he put you on meds for 60 days! HUGS!!!!

Wendy

What a day!! I didn't really get anything done...but I have certainly been busy! I helped out in DD's class this morning for a couple of hours which was fun...I always get such a kick out of the differences between boys and girls. Anyway..then off for some lunch..talk to XDH about some insurance stuff...then a quick nap (didn't sleep well last night)...then spent what felt like forever filling out paperwork for my attorney and I'm still not quite done..then pick up DD from school...start dinner...then take her to dance...then make my list of things to do for the rest of the week...so I am finally here! Good thing it is a rest day for me! Tomorrow will be the start of my last week of SH...and I will be doing SH shoulders and legs from something else...either leaner legs or LG...we'll see what kind of mood I'm in tomorrow.

Couple of personals before I have to go pick up DD from dance....then finish dinner...then at least of hour of homework for her...(what's it going to be like when she goes to second grade???)

Wendy...A glutton for punishment is what you are! Another round of the X, hunh? Way to go girl! I bow to you O Thai Goddess of the X!

Traci...Glad at least you are starting to get some answers for your problems. It sounds like it is a good thing you have been doing all the strength moves that you have. I will be curious to hear all about your rehab since you will be with a PT, I guess. Have fun with your client tonight.

Nicole....Hope you DH lets you out of the garage to play!

Swifty...Sounds like you had an exciting weekend between the bat and the new dress!

Okay...gonna have to come back to finish up later...DD gets mad when I am late to pick her up! LOL!

Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell
0101_10009001661.gif
[/url]
Plant beneficial seeds, do your best and let go---Eion Finn

Hi all,

No time for personals, I'm in class again. They did comment that we are allowed to miss 1 week, so I've been stuck on deciding which week I'm going to skip!

Traci - I'm glad you are getting some answers. Dh had a torn bicep and although it looked ugly, he regained full strenght. Take care and keep us updated.

Tracy

Traci X - So sorry that you have to go through all of that. Thank goodness you got some answers though. Here are some big (((((HUGS)))) just for you. Feel better and soon.

Debra - And so sorry that you have to deal with the XDH today. I would definately be doing some kickboxing afterwards}( .

Lea

Traci-X, Well, at least you know what it is now! I don't know if that's better but it's good:)I'll pray for a speedy recovery.

Bad news, DH is off again tomorrow:( Just kidding, I'm glad it just puts a wrinkle in my me time:p

Nicole

Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.

070209_10019023368.gif
[/url]

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.