Xers ~ Saturday Situation Room~

teddy16410

Cathlete
BB P90X Plus News from Steve Edwards:
Available January 3rd for purchase... each are 40-48 minutes long

Hey guys... I am now 2 days off track with X so I dont know WTH day I'm on...all I know is my eating for 48 hours has been horrid because of forgetting to eat/low blood sugar/ yada yada yada .....
I shall regroup later and crank out what safely can be done this weekend and will figure out my day# based on the result... !

Wendell & boys left in a frenzy at 5am today as he had a golf tournament that lasted til 8pm..... Have an early client this morning so will need to come back after she leaves with personals....

Quickie remaining thoughts from quickie read tho.....

YES TEDDYGIRL - no one emailed me on wanting my prizes collection of VHS/DVD so MERRY XMAS:D

SANDRA- you said Stool & I thought Poop:eek:

Nicole- please feel you can vent away here and even feel free to say NO OPINIONS WANTED:7 I am worried about you;(

Debra - HOORAY its all getting better!! Eoin will heal your life!;-) As for divorced cards... I have indeed seen them so do a google search so retailers will come up. They are really a necessity in our world today

Amy~ I could sense you were out of sorts but figured you needed space - happy you are starting to find your way... We all go thru it from time to time....

Thats all I can recall thus far I will return later when I am more awake so I dont lose my post:eek:

Classic/ Week 2/ Day6/ KenpoX

ALERT! ALERT!!! BIG CHANGES ARE A COMIN'!!!!! WE'RE ALL MOVING!!!!! CHECK OUT THE ASK CATHE FORUM, UNDER A POST CALLED "WORKOUT MANAGER SOFTWARE". There's a reply by SNM that really should be tacked at the top or put on the blog.

Both Traci/ys posted at the same time today, making me want to start my own thread called Xers Simlutaneous Saturday. But I shan't clutter up the board. Since Traci's is at the top of the list, I decided to post here, but read down the list for Tracy's Sunny Saturday post.

Traci....Have a great day. What workouts are you behind on? Yoga, LB, and KenpoX? LOL!! Both you and Debra thought I meant poop at first. Oh dear, my children are not going to appreciate the impression I'm giving of them to my online friends. I still haven't figured out what she did with that stool. She carried it down less than 30 seconds later and put it away.

Tracy....Does this stiffness mean you pushed yourself extra hard this week? Are you ready for a total rest day? We're doing our Christmas decorating and baking this weekend, too. I imagine most people are.

Debra....Squat thrusts!!!! Yes!!! That's what she calls them, thank you for remembering. It was on the tip of my fingertips. Wheel is a tough pose, although your DD would disagree :) . Is it possibly the hand position that makes it hard for you? I think it's an opposite position than the other backbend stuff that you're good at. Or perhaps your wrists, chest and shoulders are not flexible enough? Wheel does definitely require a lot of strength/stamina in the arms and quads. If you finally make it up there, you need to be contracting the glutes the whole time, working to push your hips towards the ceiling. A good sub until you can do Wheel is to do Table. LOL about DD's comment. Age=size for them at that age, doesn't it? About the card dilemma, can't you buy a generic holiday card? You are indeed still in first place in the Good Mom Show. My friend yesterday glanced at our sleeping children (in their car seats in her minivan, with food they'd just consumed still smeared on their faces) and tenderly said, "Awwwww, just look at them. They're so worth it, aren't they?" I retorted, "I don't know yet. I'll answer that when they're 25." I think she's concerned about my committment to this mothering thing.

Amy....Nice to see you!!! You're changing things up, hey? Change is good!

Jeanette....As I was standing in line at Starbucks yesterday, my barrista asked me, very sincerely, "How was your day?" I said in an anxious voice, "Great, but we're racing the school bus back to the bus stop and I'm worried we're not going to make it in time" (notice how this didn't stop us from going to Starbucks in the first place? Debra wouldn't have stopped, she's a good mom). He looked me straight in the eye and said, "You'll make it." I laughed and said, "I hope so." "No." He said firmly, "You'll *make* it." Funny man. He must think he's tuned into some Zen reality of If You Think It, It Will Happen. Unfortunately his reality doesn't have to deal with bumper-to-bumper traffic and a bus driver notorious for being early. Anyhow, I just wanted channel his energy to your promotion papers: They will by signed by Monday. Yes. They *will*. (P.S. we were late for the bus, but the driver waited. So, who was right? Me or my Barrista? It's a Zen Riddle).

Okay, time to go pull KenpoX out of the bag. Thank heavens it's nothing harder than that. I'm stiff today.

Cheers,
Sandra

Hi all! Just stopping by before getting started with my day. My back is definitely stiff and a bit sore this morning. UGH! I guess running probably wasn't the best thing to do yesterday...but it felt okay while I was doing it. I am still planning on doing Slo Mo chest, tris and bis...I don't see where any of that is going to bother my back any worse. We are headed to the farmers market for fresh boughs of holly...fa la la la la, la la la la! Then movie tonight...I must run the vacuum at some point today or the dust bunnies may just take over!

~~~~~~~~~personals~~~~~~~~~~~

*****Nicole Sorry you had a frustrating day yesterday. Hope things are going better for you this morning. Are you still going out with BFF tonight? I sure hope so!

****Amy Glad you are feeling the burn with your own routine...Whatever works girl!

****Tracy Yes, my dear, it is December! Ready or not! Have fun with Xmas decorations today...don't worry about the cleaning until all the Christmas stuff is out. I was out somewhere last week and I noticed in the mirror that I had glitter on my scalp...and i was in public. Don't cha love the holidays?!?

****Jeanette Sounds like you have a wonderful day of fun, family and food planned! Raspberry cream cheese coffee cakes?? Oh my! Hope that promotion goes through on Monday...It would be great if you didn't have to show the personnel mgr who is really boss...LOL! I hope you thank Traci for that sweet little reminder with a lump of coal in her stocking. Have fun with golf tomorrow...What are your temps like there?

****Sandra Thanks so much for all of the info regarding backbends...When my back is healthy again, I will try them all out! LOL about your friend's comment yesterday...but you're right...who knows how those little critters are going to turn out! You do your best to do the right things...but some of them still buck the system and go their own way! The guy at the Starbucks cracks me up too! What a hoot! I wouldn't have stopped for coffee but I'd have definitely made time for a diet coke. I guess your toddler couldn't have caused too much damage with the stool in 30 seconds...well, at least I hope not!

***Traci Thanks so much for the heads up on the divorce cards...I will take a look around and find one that is appropriate! Sorry the eating hasn't been as healthy as it should be...I know you can get things back on track this weekend while Wendell is away. I am here with my pom poms cheering you on! Have fun with your client this morning.

Okay...think that is it for now. Hope everyone has fun with their Xmas activities today!

Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Hi all,

Today is GS legs, and I'm not sure whether I'll do the floor work or not. I may sub some kickboxing instead. I am doing GS today and again on Wednesday and then this rotation in officially over! I was going to repeat it, but I have to take a week off and see how I'm feeling. I think I'm bordering overtraining. I've had an eye twitch off and on for a few weeks now and that's not good.

So this morning DS said there was an injured fox in the backyard, so I called animal control. He comes to the door and then asks to see the rabies and dog licenses. Well, luckily I'd just gotten the rabies because they were a little over due. I never get licenses for my dogs. I feel like it's just another way the county sucks $$ from residents. Anyway I was fuming because I figured I was going to have to pay some stupid fine for no licenses. Luckily DH went out and talked to him and he just overlooked the license issue. He's coming back to get some firewood:)Oh, and he didn't find the fox.

Sandra- I guess I was thinking you all didn't have bumper to bumper gridlock in Canada. Glad things worked out. I judge my timeliness in the morning by whether I've beat the bus or not. The MS bus comes at about 6:20 and he's pretty consistent. Any fun crafts planned for this weekend? I think the stiffness is a combination of not so good eating, being worn out, and possibly fighting a little bug.

Traci - Off track already? My goodness! Only kidding, I know how hard it is to keep everything focused; especially the food this time of year. I know you will get back on track today.

Debra - Boughs of holly! I think I'm going out in the yard and cut some instead of purchase. Luckily there is enough that no one will notice. I will have to get up some of the dust bunnies. When the sun came in the window I was a little amazed.

Jeanette - Hoping the new week brings an increase in your paycheck. What a great time for that to come!

Tracy

Happy Saturday Xers!

I banged out Legs & Back along with ARX last night. I liked L&B more than I thought. The wall squats were painful, but the sequencing was good and I liked how he did a nice mix of weighted and unweighted work. I BROUGHT IT early today with Kenpo X. It was ok, reminds me a little of Powerstrike without finished combos. It wasn't as intense cardio-wise as I thought it would be. I'll have to up the intensity next week }( I did cheat on Tony, though, lol, and did seg. 1 of Stretch Max afterwards. It felt so good to get a good stretch. I feel like Tony doesn't do enough stretching. So that wraps up the week 1 workouts for me. Tomorrow is a very welcome rest day before I have to BRING IT again on Monday. I'm not sure what else is going on this weekend. I'm sure the usual slew of errands and cleaning. I hope you all have a great day. BBL for personals :)

Carol

Good morning,
Round 2, Phase 1, Week 1, Day 6 - KenpoX

Enjoyed KenpoX this morning. Need to get in the shower and get ready to go. Will dress warm as it's only around 20 degrees out right now, but very sunny. DH will make a fire no doubt and my BIL will probably bring a Mr. Heater for all to crowd around too. I told my mom to tell Dad to wear something warm on his feet, not cowboy boots for heaven's sake. He's such a stubborn one!

Yesterday, I checked out a new female dog that the prison got in. It's a program called Pups on Parole. They get young dogs from the shelter, spay or neuter them, shots, microchip. Then, they give them to the inmates at the Fire House (cream of the crap) and they socialize them, get them used to other dogs, kids, basic commands, house trained for about a month. All for $150, which I think is a great deal. Anyway, Dad has been talking about missing his boxer so much. I looked at the female, very skinny, a bit timid, but extremely sweet face and demeanor. I immediately fell in love with her. She looks like she has some sheltie, collie, australian shepherd (no tail), medium hair. She seems like such a people type dog. Anyway, I have a picture of her and will show it to Mom and Dad on today's outing and see whether they are interested. They can even go out there ahead of time and see if they like her. I wasn't going to suggest a dog because I thought they would want to do some travelling, but looks like with Grandma living there and in very good health, they will be tied down anyway. It will be okay if they are not interested too. I don't want another dog as it seems like when we have more than 2, one doesn't get enough attention.

Traci, hoping you get back on the wagon. I made that coffeecake last night and had too much of it. Why do I sabotage myself?

Sandra, thank you, thank you so much for knowing and sharing that the promotion will come thru right away. Now I know it will happen! How come you know these kinds of things but don't know why your DD needed the stool? LOL! Thanks for the heads up on the forum changes. Hope they get it pinned. I'll just roll with the flow on that. My hamstrings and legs are a little stiff this morning so KenpoX was just the ticket for me. I gained more energy the longer the workout went on, mind you, it's not a real heart thumper for me. I didn't wear my weighted gloves this time but will in the future. I'll probably be subbing the cardio/yoga workouts next week. Think I will still do Core Syn as it's a good one for me.

Debra, our temps are cool for northern California. Right now I think it's in the 20's but will warm up to the high 30's. Very sunny and clear outside right now. Hope the back works out of the stiffness this morning. Take it easy and have a great time today!

Tracy, glad you didn't get ticketed for the no dog license thing. Rest those legs and ease up if you think you may be overtraining. I have more of a problem of undertraining LOL! Keep fighting off that bug. I keep thinking I'm having twinges of coming down with something, but believe it's probably allergies or just normal stuff. Anyways, I feel marvelous lately. Loving the weight work and feeling the love (this week) with P90X.

Got to go shower now. Will check in later this afternoon.

Jeanette

Sorry girls for the lack of a post yesterday. I was going nuts and DH is totally sick so he is no help right now. The boys were driving me crazy and DH is sleeping in the chair getting annoyed with all the boy noise. I finally yelled at him, "Why do you have to be sick when I need a break"! I told him for quiet sleep he would have to move to the room.

When he finally started to wake up I told him what time I would be going to the movies and he said he had wanted to go look for gingerbread house decorations then. I called my BFF and we rescheduled for tomorrow. I was so frustrated because he knew I needed a break yet he didn't want me to get onex(

We got up early and went to the mountains looking for decorations. It snowed while we were up there and I was freezing my keester off! I'm glad we went and I know I will get the break tomorrow so it all worked out. Thanks all for letting me vent}(

We are decorating the tree tonight and having pizza and watching a movie too:) I feel good because I know I'm losing weight already. My core feels a lot tighter. I think this Lean rotation is going to work out well. The PT is giving me massages 2x a week and I know that is helping my back. Did I mention my butt is SO sore today! Let's just say that visits to the little girls room are interesting:p

~Traci-X, I'm shocked you are off schedule. I bet this little thing with Wendell is outing a bump in the road. I was doing so much better when DH was gone. I am able to be completely selfish without outside interference. That said, I'd rather he be home:) Thanks for the BB update. I can't wait to see the full clips to figure out if it's something I need. Thanks for sending the e-mail to my sister. She'll be my go between:) Hope the client was worth staying home for. Thanks for listening and being so supportive, you're the best!:*

~Debra, OMGoodness! I have never in my life had someone say I was so small. Even at 5' 7" and 111 lb.s. Sounds like you had a nice day yesterday. All of this talk about farmer's markets is making me jealous! I'm just glad my Christmas decorating is almost done. The tree is the last step and it's Christmas around here:) Sorry your back is stiff today:( I think mine will be screaming tomorrow with all of the tree hauling I did today. The one we got ended up being quite large once we got it into the house:p

~Tracy, How are you feeling at the end of your rotation? Do you see good changes? Yoga is so great and I'm glad it's changing your body for the good. Glad DH talked animal control out of a fine. I guess they'll try to get money any way they can, huh? Hope you had fun with GS and kickbox!

~Jeanette, Yeah! More money just in time for Christmas:D I hope you have fun at the Christmas get together tonight. Food and friends, can't get any better:) Isn't Kenpo a blast? I had fun doing it today and I feel so tough when it's done. My shoulders are totally toast though after a week of the X. Is it getting too cold for golf? It was pretty darned cold here today. I'm glad it's finally feeling like winter:) Be careful looking at dogs. I can never look at them in a store because I hate to leave them there.

~Sandra, Are you happy to know I'm not dead? My DOMS are awful today so it darned near killed me:p One day I'll see you in the future cover girls of Oxygen magazine section;) I am a little chilly here today so I have empathy for you:)

~Carol, Are you feeling DOMS from your first week of the X? I know I am very sore today! I hope you are too:) In a good way:p

Must go decorate the tree! Hi to all else who follow:*

Nicole

Bring it!!!

http://images.meez.com/user16/07/02/09/070209_10019023368.gif[/img][/url]

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.