Xers ~ First '08 Thursday

teddy16410

Cathlete
Morning Gals-
I still must be out of hormonal whack from poor nutrition as I havent slept well in 2 months now... At least we give Tracy a break in the mornings when I get like this:7

Rd 2 / Lean/ Phase 2: Week 1: Day 3: Chest Shoulder Tricep
Will be adding on 4DS Bootcamp for some extra Leg Cardio

Party was great fun last night... just 2 other couples but we had a great waiter - doesnt that make a world of difference? We went to Texas Roadhouse (Steak place) I was good & had shrimp no bread from the basket but some wine & cake - I had a huge fish themed cake made since Sandra wouldnt ship me a redfish cake;-) Last party til monthly birthdays for awhile.

Back with personals in a bit!

JEANETTE
Sorry about the hair appt but THRILLED to hear DGM is getting back to Good As New! Thats fabulous Jeanette! I love you saying she needs a Wii!!! I bet there are specific games with Seniors in mind simply because of the majority of population being the boomers. !! Are you messin' with me? Are you changing the order of your Ph 2 Week 1? Am I doing the wrong workouts every day?:7 Feel free to chamge it up but I may like your sequence better- SHARE!!!:+ ~ I find it hard to believe you arent organized at work! I see you as a person who everyone goes to for assistance in that area!!! Maybe your mind is just on your priests balls these days?}( ~ Glad you are taking care of arms! Since I have yet to do much upper work ;-)
I wont know how I respond til I get there. I do know this however... If you can go deeper with perfect form on knees vs toes then for the actual muscle benefit its better to go deeper /knees ..... I try to do majority of the deep- howver I have to do it... Then I make sure I get some toe ones inn to build overall strength... I'll being using the Perfect Push Up Bars and focusing on deep - I'm SURE I'll be in my knees;-) ~

LEA
So happy when we start seeing you more regularly... that usually means your life is less hectic. The DS's sound like they have your winter/spring schedule all mapped out! What a good mom you are for being so involved! I think its amazing how all Xer moms seem to be highly participative in the kids lives... Thats not the norm is it? I think a study of some sort should be done for workout @ home moms vs gym rats! ~ I am going back to 2 quarts of green smoothies myself starting today.... I picked up a new book based on Xer talk...The Thrive Diet... Its all about RAW eating... I just got it yesterday but will keep you posted... I do hope your health improves rapidly once you get your body back to RAW- I feel so healthy & energetic when I'm 80-90% raw...

LAURIE
So happy to see you back!!!! Your holidays seem very very busy!! I dont believe I have your energy!:7 Next year Santa MUST bring a kids computer!!!!:7 The CC in LIFE cracked me up for 10 minutes! ~ Your FIL sounds like how my mom would be... she already told us that if something like a stroke happens "I'm NOT doing the REHAB!- Just let me die!" Nice huh??? So my sister asks her... "OK- no rehab but you'll expect one of us girls to take care of you????" May God grace us with a life without having to go there with her. ~ New Rules of Lifting for Women by Schuler ... Its the Alwyn Cosgrave "infamouse" training programs... Hold off you may inherit a free copy!;-) ROFL on the butt comment! YOU GO GIRL!! Isnt that why we work so hard??? I think YOU should wear a sign on your butt... "It Aint Genetics kids... Its XXX!" }( :D }( :D }( :D }(

TeddyGirl
How were those bubbles???? Sounds like a night made in heaven! Any company with ya}( How in the world did you stick to w/o's with all your time off work??? I KNOW you had to be surrounded by that family of yours!!!

OK gang.. Gotta post this before I lose it.... Back with all the rest in a few~:*

Hi all,

Today is my rest day. I don't think I've had one in a couple of weeks, or since my last Thursday class, which was Dec 10. The leg workout was good last night. Kenpox is just so basic and mindless.

Traci - I'm sorry you are not sleeping. Doesn't it ever catch up to you and you finally just sleep? TNOL is one of those books that you may get as Sandra said, "A nugget or two," from and that's about it. He quotes lots of studies with few participants which I just hate. He goes on and on about the uselessness of crunches, then I look in the back and he has crunches on the ball. Well, crunches are crunches. He is very contradictory in many of the things he says. He really poo poos endurance exercise and cardio, but comments that you should at least have funcional fitness. I could go on. As with any subject, if you look long enough, you can find some study that supports your personal perspective. It just wasn't anything new except some of the cardio stuff was interesting reading, but I'm not sure I believe all he said. (OK, I'm going to add skeptic to the list of things I got from completing the dr.) I'm not giving up cardio and I think anyone who suggests that cardio shouldn't be part of a balanced workout program is not very credible. I don't think he actually says to stop doing cardio, he also doesn't offer any way to integrate cardio into his program, except as you choose. I wasted my money on the NROL for men too. It's probably equally as useless, but I'll let you know.

Overall, my perspective is still the same. I think that using a variety of techniques will eventually yield the best results, and he does comment quite a bit on doing things that keep the body guessing or something to that effect.

Hi to all who follow.

Tracy

Just remembered I have a 7am coffee with a friend! Gotta hurry:D

DH's Birthday pics are up if any interest- feel free to NOT look!

Just got my X+ shipped notice! Zippity

WENDY
Have you tried Malatonin to help you with your natural sleep cycles? I use it all the time especially when traveling to various time zones... I hear you can disrupt your REM Sleep for a full month after international travel.... I too found it funny you were going to THAI Restaurant.... Maybe its American THAI you were craving? :7
ROF about the Fredericks outfit.... Honey Phil WANTED it to fall off easily! You've been gone waaaayyyyy too long! }(

TRACY
Hope the remainder of week goes smoothly & you get your body clock back on track too! I think "running behind" is one of my all time stressors! LOl- NO birthday "surprise" from me.... we had a little spat on the way home (too stupid to talk about) but I went to bed AFTER the snoring started....}( Sometimes I could just turn him in for a new model! :p Funny about TBL! I NEVER would have thunk! LOL I'll have to set TiVo for those... are they a 1x a week show or 2? ~ Your w/o sounded like you were avoiding boredom factor! Nice variety I'd say! ~ I shall look forward as always to your views & comments on NROL-Wn;-)

KIM
SSE = Slim Series Express - its Debbie Siebers from Beach Body. I like the 30 minute Express Series as addons for cardio/lite strength work. I like the CTX, SSE, Timesaver, 4DS, Power Half Hour (tony) for my little something extra;-) ~ You are so right about how odd it is that some exercsies are easy 7 some hard... I wonder how much has to do with body tupe, muscle fibers & overall fitness.... I'm amazed.... Running has never been something that my body adapted to... I trained 6 months & ran a marathon and it NEVER got easier- I also never leaned out or lost any bodyfat at all- thats why I'm not sure the statements about running being the quickest way to lean is actually true for all body types.... I guess I'll be testing the theory once again as I run tomorrow!}( ~ITA about Plyo! To this day it is one workout that will ALAWYS give me total core & lower body DOMS for DAYS!!!! I LOVE the effectiveness of it in such a short time! :* ~ On the recovery drink.... See my post to TRACY yesterday... in a nutshell- NO - find your own way on what your body needs/wants

DEBRA
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{OMG HUGGERS}}}}}}}}}}}}}} What a poo-poo New Years week! Send the butt-head back yo the foreign country! x( x( x( x( x(
Doesnt he leave tomorrow? Cant you just avoid him like the plague???;( ;( ;( I am so sorry....... Take a bubble bath today,,, visit with Eoin,,,,,, hug DD tightly and just hide!

CAROL
Congrats on feeling so good so quickly!!! Your body is LOVIN on you !!! Plyo is one of those workouts that can be the hardest workout if you put your mind, heart & body into it.... I'll have to look at my NB tennies & report back.... I dont get attached to styles as they change seasonalally - I usuallly go to Academy Sports & Outdoors... Go to the section for my activity (cross trainers for home) start trying on - when I find what I like I come home & shop the internet for better values. :7 :7

NICOLE
:7 :7 Good girl joining me for Cardio X yesterday!!! Good job making the schedule work for you!!!

MS SANDRA
:* Last but NEVER least!:* I am so proud of your tenacity to stick to the tough mental / physical days! Do you think it helps having completed it before? Does the brain kick in and say "We can do this- we've done it before." I know thats part of Marathon Training & it actually works. ~ Dont get me started on Healthcare in US... My bottom line is this.... No person should ever be denied insureance or healthcare because of $$$$... To me its pure evil when it occurs and it embarresses me to no end. I'll shut up now;-) :* ~ Check out Wendells Birthday Cake on my pic trail.... not the RedFish shaped cake I wanted but my favorite cake baker extrordinaire wasnt available:* ;-)

Loving Waves going out to Swifty, Amy, Cheryl:*

Off to conquer the day!:*

Good Morning Ladies!

I took Carol's advice. I just finished Cardio and Weights!!! Can you believe that my sleep cycle is so messed up with a 3 AM wake-up that I'm working out in the AM?!

Also, I had to wake up at 3 to take eldest ds to the airport. He has to fly back to Ft. Leonard Wood. I miss him already! Crossing all my movable body parts that he passes his 1,000 meter swim on Monday. That's the only portion of the physical test holding him back from moving onto Phase 2 of his training. He has to shave off 20 seconds, down from 40 seconds when he first tried. He's been at the gym every day trying to build up his leg muscles. His cardio and upper body strength is excellent. If he doesn't pass, he'll have to retest in 6 months. 7 out of the 12 guys that started quit the program in the first week! There's only ds and two other guys still in the program.

I apologize for not getting back last night for personals. Lunch took longer than usual. The owner wants me to go to Thailand with her next time. She says I'll have more fun with her. LOL I still have to return Phil's welcome home gift. Instead, I took a load of belongings to the Goodwill and shopped at the local mall. I bought Holiday cards to mail to you all this week. By 4 o'clock, I was ready for bed!!! I held out till 6 PM.

Gotta open up another window for personals.
Ballistic Hugs to ALL!!!!
Wendy

Hi all! Getting the diva ready for the first day back to school. I think I may come home after that and hide in the bed for a while. XDH is picking her up from school and taking her to gymnastics, so I am free until late this afternoon. I never did get to workout yesterday...and I am feeling very pudgy this morning. Probably some sort of general malaise. It's cold as heck here this morning too. Poor Polly doesn't like to poop in the cold! I will be back later for a chat...just wanted to let you guys know I am alive. I just let XDH get to me...big mistake. I got manipulated all day, but at least I recognized it...just was pretty helpless to do anything about it. UGH. Thank goodness he leaves tomorrow.

Thanks for all the hugs, ladies.
Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Classic/ Week 7/ Day 4/ YogaX (subbed with Power Circuit & Finn's Magically Hips premix).

Good morning,

Traci....Your hormones are still out of whack? I thought you just saw the dr before Xmas? I hope you get yourself ironed out soon. That must be so difficult. What kind of a mood are you in today? I counted at least 3 risque innuendoes in your first post alone today LOL! Wendell obviously had a haapppy birthday!

Tracy....Enjoy your rest day. Thanks for the review of NROL for Women. Looks like a good one to pass up. I don't think Traci's feeling the love for it either.

Wendy....Did your mother stay for the remaining month, or come home with you? I'm very curious about how your DD fared, as well. I imagine all this and more will be answered in your blog. CW is a great workout to help you ease your way back.

Debra....(((((Hugs))))) to you and DD. I feel so badly that you and DD have to go through this crap. I received your card yesterday. Thank you so much. That's a lovely picture of DD; she's such a sweetheart.

Jeanette....You've ordered hi/lo Dome, hey? I was looking at more clips on Amy's website last night. I can't decide which ones to order.

I've got to get my workout started. It's also a morning to do grocery shopping. I'll bbl, just not sure how much later. My calves are very sore from Tuesday's GS Legs. Time to go make them work some more.

Have a great day,
Sandra

You've probably already gathered, I didn't work out yesterday! I'm thinking of alternating cardio&weight workouts and yoga dvds until I'm ready for a new X start. There will be a ample rest days thrown in for good measure.}(

Now onto Personals.:) :) :)

Traci: Happy Belated Birthday to Wendell!!!!! Glad you had a good night celebrating the man you love! No bread... I admire your restraint.:+ At least you enjoyed some cake and wine.:9 You will have to bring the X+ dvds to the get together! You best be there! You will be there right? I don't plan on purchasing X+ until I finish Round 2. After reading your and Tracy's thoughts on the NROL4W, I think I'll pass on it. Right now, I'm busy pre-reading books I bought eldest dd. I always like to discuss books with her. About your gym mothers vs. workout at home mothers... you might be onto something if my hair stylist is the norm. But, that's none of my immediate concern. Oh! I so agree with you about Dick Clark! After having micro preemies hooked up to all sorts of monitors and pushing my grandfather all over the place in Thailand in a rusty wheelchair, I've found people usually do act uncomfortably around anyone not normal. Maybe it's because it's none of their immediate concern. LOL I hope you get your sleep cycles back on track. I'm kinda liking my new cycle! I feel as though I get more accomplished now. Which isn't saying much!:p Glad you got a kick out of Phil's thinking or lack of it. He never gave me a chance to try it on until a day and a half after the welcome home activities!}(

Tracy: Enjoy your rest day! If anyone deserves it, you do!!! Thank you for posting your thoughts on the NROL. I can safely pass on them without regret. I did take many pictures. But, in retrospect, I wished I had taken more. I'm sending my camera with my sister and having her take more for me. I'm sorry to hear your FIL's health has taken a turn for the worse. {{{{{HUGS}}}}} I'll be keeping you all in my prayers!!!!!

Jeanette: Oh! Get Grandmom a Bichon Frise. They are the cutest lap dogs. And, they don't shed! They have real hair. I know Tracy mentioned something about them that might deter you from that breed. I can't remember. But, they are soooo cute! My MIL's neighbor has them. Her dogs are very well behaved. My boys are buying a Wii this weekend with their Christmas money. I'm sure your GM would enjoy it too. I've read that many senior citizens are into it. I thought about buying one in Bangkok, but game systems there are more expensive than in the States. Go figure. The Thai food was good. I got sweet basil chicken. It wasn't exactly like they make it in Thailand, but the tastes were very similar. I mainly go to chat with the owner. She was laughing so hard about my trip, she had tears in her eyes by the time I left. Glad to see someone enjoyed my misery! LOL I'm taking my sister there Friday night before her plane leaves Saturday morning. That sucks about your laptop. Another week living with gray roots! UGH! I have some Wella Level 5 ash brown color left over from my absence from my magical hair stylist. I could stuff it in your Christmas card envelope.;) That reminds me! I need to see her ASAP! There's nothing like a professional color. Although, Wella wasn't a bad alternative! Much cheaper too, at less than $5.00 per root color.

{{{{{Debra}}}}} I hope today is much better for you and dd!!! Divorce can be so painfully emotional. When does he go back to Russia? Not soon enough huh!

Okay, I'll have to continue personals in a bit. My hands are freezing and my stomach is starving.

Ballistic Hugs to ALL!
Wendy

Good morning,
Round 2, Phase 2 Lean Rotation, Week 5, Day 4 - YogaX

Subbed Yoga X with 30 minutes of my new to me Christi Taylor Hi-Lo (thanks again Sandra). I learned 2 combos and started the 3rd. She is just the most awesome cuer. Don't know how she does it. After 30 minutes, I got out Shiva Rea's Yoga Shakti and made selections from the matrix, finishing with a wonderful Shavasana.

Traci, so sorry your sleeping is not getting better. Are the bioidenticals not helping right now? I looked on the calendar and I think I am 2 days overdue for TTOM. Unusual for me. Glad you had a nice time at Wendell's party. I noticed they spelled his name wrong on the cake. Looks like a fun time was had by all. I also checked out your Christmas pictures. What great pics of you and your hubbie! What a cute couple you guys make! I don't think I changed the order of anything for this week. Think Yoga is on Thursday and I did that today. Are you a day behind me? Thanks for the advice on the pushups. I really tried to go deeper on the knees pushups. Enjoy that coffee with a friend this morning. My sister and I went out last week and had coffee together. It was really nice. Miss her.

Wendy, so you are enjoying your new sleeping schedule? Thank goodness, my sleeping has been great lately, even with my 2 cups of coffee in the evening. Will you consider going back to Thailand? Hope you get that blog up soon, we are all so curious as you haven't mentioned much about your mother or sister on this trip.

Debra, hope you get back in the swing soon. XDH will be "leaving, on a jet plane" soon. Our little Tillie doesn't like to go out to go to the bathroom in the snow. Of course, her belly is so close to the ground, I really don't blame her.

Tracy, enjoy that rest day today. I think you are right about using a variety of techniques to shake things up.

Sandra, did I tell you I previewed a good part of my new video from you and really like what I see. Not sure I can do it all, but I'll enjoy trying. I was surprised I could do the first 2 combos of the hi-lo fairly easily. It does take a little bit more room than what I have, but I just take smaller steps, helps while learning anyway.

Wendy, my sister mentioned a Bichon Frise as a good possibility for Grandma. I'll have to look and see if there are any breeders nearby. Of course, not sure they all want to deal with housebreaking a puppy. I was kind of thinking of an older dog. I really need my roots dyed. Most of my gray hair is right around my face, not so much anywhere else. It's just feeling so long on top right now. Maybe I'll fix it with more product on today to give it that more spikey look. How much is a Wii? Wish it was warmer so Grandma could go outside and walk a little. You know, they talk about working out so that when you are old, you can get up and down from the toilet. My Grandma never hardly did a physical thing in her life that I ever saw, not even gardening, but seems to not have any problems with that part. She's always maintained a low body weight so maybe that helps. She looks to not have one spec of muscle on her body. All skin and bones. Really.

Got to go now,

Jeanette

Starting Week five over next Monday……………………

When I got home last night I immediately took my bath and went to bed, I wasn’t feeling good, and I slept all night. This morning, I woke up sick and nausea, still haven’t got over this virus or whatever it is. I got sick when trying to do CST, barely made it through the warm up. I had to hurry and sit down then I had lay down for 30 minutes; I got up and had a glass of ginger ale to settle my stomach, scared me!!

I’m going to take the next few days off hopefully by Saturday I am able to start back slowly. Ted even told me I don’t look right than he changed it and said I don’t look like myself argh…………

YogaX

My head is pounding this morning and I'm praying it's not because I'm getting sick. The thought of a downward dog is not a good one right now so I may wait a bit and see if my head feels better.

The boys are still home today and making a mess of this house}x I have to get some things in order before I come chat. I think I'll do it when my youngest is down for a nap and I'll let the two older ones play a game.

Traci-X, Tell Wendell I said Happy Birthday! I'm sorry I didn't realize it was his birthday until just now:p

Debra, {{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}} It's almost over! Don't let him make you feel guilty for minute! He is the one who left you! He deserted you and DD for a job. Think about that. The money and prestige of a job was enough to give up a wonderful woman and his relationship with his DD. He wasn't doing it for you he was doing it for himself. Rant over, sorry.

Laurie, I got your Christmas card:) Thank you!

I'll see you all later,

Nicole

Bring it!!!

1008_10033769575.gif
[/url]

Morning Xers,

Round 3/Phase 2/Week 5/Day 4
Workout: YogaX (didn't get this in yesterday)

Just got back from a meeting at the HS for my eldest DD. She has been in special Ed since 3rd grade, so we have had meetings to go to every so often. This particular meeting has been the best since we started. She still has a problem with handing in school work, but it all involves organization and has improved so much. Her motivation to get good grades is wanting to run track. :D

Just had to take something for my headache. I'm hoping it is just dry sinuses, and I'm not getting a cold. x( We have had temps in the single digits the last two days, but we are suppose to be in the high 40's by the weekend. Probably take care of some of the snow we have.

Traci, I really like Texas Roadhouse. :9 One of the few places that you can get sweet potatoes too. You have strong will power to resist the bread though. :D I'm thinking that the computer we now have needs to go to the kids, and Mom and Dad get a brand new one. :D DH has been thinking along the same lines too. Love the cake, and I like how the cake candle was turned to read 64. LOL :7 :7 I have not ordered the new P90's. Didn't have enough time yesterday, but it is on the agenda to get done today. I want those workouts.

Wendy, Sounds like your DS is a very determined person. Sounds like my oldest DD. Sets her mind to something, and then goes after it. I'm sure your body will take a while to get back on the right time zone. ;-)

Debra, Sorry to hear about the XDH. So here is a big {{{{{HUG}}}}} to get you through today. ;-)

Sandra, Have fun grocery shopping today. The box of mags I received are mostly the Taste of Home, so you really need to look at the recipe to see if it will be healthy. But looking at mac & cheese recipies was making my mouth water. I love Nutella! I have used it as a fruit dip, so it must have been smooth.

Jeanette, So glad to hear that Grandma is doing better. DH and I just need to go look at some computers. But I think with all the holiday stuff, we just didn't want to have to deal with it. Something that we will need to look into soon though. Dang on the keyboard problems. This is your new laptop isn't it?

TG, Sounds like your body needs some R&R. When I had the stomach flu I only thought of doing exercise for about a min, and then it went away really quick. Take care.

Kim, I don't use the recover drinks, because I'm usually eating my last meal after I'm done. My youngest DD, who is 10, wanted the Bratz.com also. DH looked at that and said no way. I was glad that he thought the same as me. This weekend we have one more celebration with DH's family. I'm still crossing my fingers that she ends up with nothing but gift cards.

Carol, Glad you are getting that holiday water weight off the bod. Not funny how it is so easy to get on though.

Well I need to get busy still have a lot of things to catch up on here at work.

Have a great day!

Laurie

I am definitely sick! All of my muscles hurt a lot more than regular DOMS. I may take a rest day and do yoga on Sunday instead. DH is so sick of me working out on Sundays but that's how it has to be.

Oooohhh, I just got my P90X plus and I can't do it:( At least I can watch it and check it out:D:D:D

Everyone was so chatty yesterday and I feel a month behind in personals. I will try my best to catch up but if I missed something just tell me again:p

Traci-X, I am trying to be good but I feel so helpless when I don't have the right foods around and a menu planned. I am staying away from the candy and such but the carbs are killing me. I cannot wait to get some whole grains in this house. It's supposed to start raining today and last until Monday so maybe I can make some good foods to have in the freezer. I know that's the key to staying on track, being prepared! This will be a great new year for us. We all have April as motivation right?:) I do like CardioX this round. I split it away from CS because I wanted to give my core a chance to recover in between. Another reason is that I was washing my hair almost every day and it is getting really dry. With CS&T I can fake it with my slightly sweaty hair:p Also, I'm with you on the Dick Clark thing. Kudos to him for getting in front of the camera, speech problem and all!

Tracy, How are you liking the X? Is it just what you needed or do you think you'll get bored? Are you doing doubles so you can get a run in there? Whew, that's a lot of questions:) I am a regular watcher of TBL and I think it's great. My cousin is really overweight and she says it's not real. Nobody could workout that much in the real world is what she says. I told her that probably half of those contestants end up loving fitness so much that they become mentors or personal trainers so it must have a good impact on them. I think it's a great jump start in to fitness and lifestyle change. I wish more heavy heavy people would watch so they could see what can be done with diet and exercise. Most people don't like pushing themselves to the point of being uncomfortable and that's what it takes.

Sandra, You know what I realized? I don't workout my Biceps for this whole month! I hope the yoga will get them. I purchased a whole bunch a veggies and some chicken breasts so I could grill them and freeze them. I have my Eat Clean Cookbook, Clean Eating magazine, Eating Well magazine and Cooking Light out to make a menu for the grocery store tomorrow. I hope it inspires me to eat lots of good for me stuff. The positive thing about all the junk during the holidays is that you don't want to see for a month so it gives you a good jump start into clean eating. You better slow down with the extra workouts! You're going to make us look bad come April;) I'm glad you enjoyed the card:) It was such a fun vacation and I'm ready to go back already!

Lea, I'm glad you're on the road to recovery just as I'm taking the exit to sickville)x Doesn't the cruddy food just make you sick! I too am glad to get back to the norm of eating good food. I don't think I could do raw but lots of fruits and veggies are a start, right?:)

Latrese, It's good to see you again. I think all of this junk food is what's making us sick! Aren't you glad the holidays are behind us and we can start fresh? Is Ted still spoiling you rotten? Tell him he has to be a good boy for the next feww weeks until we all get back on track.

Jeanette, I'm glad your DG was able to come home. I got a giggle reading your description of grandma when you went to visit. That's just how I picture her since you told us about her love for romance novels:) I think a little lapdog would be great for her. She could talk to it and tell it how steamy her novels are;) Is your laptop working again? Any good movies lately? DH and I went to see No Country For Old Men on NYE and we liked it. It has quite a bit of violence in it but it's a Coen brothers film so that is to be expected. They did Fargo, O Brother Where Art Thou and The Big Lebowski. I saw Fargo and liked it so I figured I might like this one.

Laurie, I'm glad DD's meeting went well. I bet that was a load off your shoulders. I think sports are good for all kids. My DS is playing basketball right now and he really enjoys it. He is active anyway but it is a good energy outlet for him. I think as he gets older I'll have him in more sports but not too much because I don't want it to be a chore. You have a lovely family. It's nice to see pictures so you can picture who is being talked about. I think we're all worn out from the holidays! It seems we are all feeling a bit punky today. At least we stick together. right?:)

Wendy, you should make yourself a morning person now while you have a jump start on it! I am a bit taken a back by your early start but maybe it will be good:) Maybe you could start in a few weeks as we are starting Phase 3. Traci, Jeanette and I are doing Lean but Tracy, Sandra, Laurie, Kim and Latrese are doing Classic. Crazy Carol is doing doubles and you could join her if your crazy too;) Yummy, Thai food:9 I would amck you if you went back to Thailand before coming to an X'er reunion;) I sure hope DS's swim test goes better this week. I guess you don't get a lot of chances to practice swimming in PA:)

Kim, You are doing a fantastic job at keeping up with all of us! ^5!! I think you've been better than me as of late. Are you enjoying P90X? The DOMS are really bad for the first month or so but it does get a little better. I didn't get the recovery drink either. It was so expensive and it had some not so clean stuff in it. As long as I'm eating clean I don't need it. Just drink lots of water and eat a well balanced meal when you're done and you'll be fine.

Carol, I'm glad life is returning to normal for you! Are you back to doing doubles? Don't get too warn out and get sick again. I think that's what does it. My boys don't go back until Monday so it won't be 100% normal until then. I don't mind having them home until then because my head would really hurt if I had to drive up and down the hill right now. The elevation change is about 100 ft. so it's a killer.

Debra, {{{{{HUGS}}}}} again! I hope the end is in sight for you. Have you been able to see CB lately? I bet he''s good and calming you down. Read my earlier post. It's almost over:* Hey, you have us to look forward too:D We'll be a good distraction, trust me;)

Swifty, I'm glad you got the card and that it brought back good memories. I have great memories and am so looking forward to returning. How is the studying going? How long until you're done? Miss seeing you!

I must get back to the boys as I have been here an hour typing this. DS is tapping me incesently and it's driving me crazy}(

Talk to you all later,

Nicole

Bring it!!!

070209_10019023368_1199393270649.gif
[/url]

Did I mention to you guys that I got an IPod Nano for Xmas, yeah I believe I did? Well yesterday I finally got to play with it and the sound is incredible. I added 3 Cardio Coach workouts to it. I hope I’m feeling better tomorrow who knows just may try it.

Nicole, Yes I am VERY happy the holidays are behind us. I been a little under the weather, picked up a virus or something ugly/wicked}( I tell you it was EVIL :eek:

I just ((might)) ((try)) to workout tomorrow I'll see how I am feeling, or just wait till Saturday.

Have a great evening ALL :p

Back for a few more personals before dinner. I'm going to have to join all you clean eaters ASAP. I won't even tell you what I've been eating since landing in the land of processed foods and real chocolate.:9

Traci: I just took a look at your picturetrail. Nice Christmas and Birthday pics. LOL on the candle mix-up. Did you seriously have to host the Christmas celebrations at your house? I got a kick out of the stocking for your babies! Cute!!! Was the dark haired man the waiter you were talking about earlier? Too bad you couldn't have him boxed up with the leftovers.}( :+ I believe my first round was P115X! Remember that included a week of painting. I know that isn't saying much. LOL

Debra: I forgot to tell you that I checked out CB the other day! My! He is a Cutie!!! You look very happy with him. It's cold as all get out here today! Almost makes me wish I stayed with CA a little while longer. Glad you are aware of XDH's manipulation methods. You'll do better with handling him in the future; especially when the divorce is finalized! How's dd doing today? This must be very difficult on both of you!!!

Sandra: Oh, the CA is staying until my sister goes home. I wouldn't be surprised if she stays until the house she builds is finished. Yes, the CA is building a rental house. Oh! That woman had plans before we even got there with our time and her money. Remember how she didn't want to make plans for travel accommodations until we got there. I think part of my stalling with updating my blog is due to some remaining anger issues with her. Deep breath. I do have some good memories though. I even took a picture especially for you. And, you'll just have to wait until I get some Phil Therapy before I post it. :p ;-) I hope you understand when I say that I'm not ready to hear about your parent's trip. I'm just not there yet! I might slink into some real hatred and jealousy issues. LOL

Do you know how distracting Guitar Hero is when trying to type? Nicole, I think I'd rather have an adorable toddler plead for attention!

Jeanette: I'll have to check out Christi Taylor's Hi-Lo. Oh, about DDCoffee... Try to make it a little stronger and see if that helps. Right now, I can only tolerate it with a little cream. If my taste buds don't revert back to normal, I make have to start brewing my own coffee. GASP!!!!:7 You know, I fluctuate back and forth between wanting to visit Thailand again. I was tricked into walking under some famous gate in Korat. Afterwards, I was told that anyone who walks through those gates would come back to Korat in their lifetime. Who knows. If I ever go back it will be for a shorter period of time and will include a PRE-PLANNED minute by minute itinerary with daily massages!!!!:p I'm not sure how much a Wii is. The boys and Phil pay more attention to that stuff than I do. When I researched the Nintendo DS for eldest dd, I learned that all electronic game systems were more expensive. A well trained older dog is a good idea. We were blessed with Baby. She's such a good dog. It still boggles my mind that her previous owners got rid of her. They said she didn't get along with their new puppy. My friend watched her and his son's dogs without a single incident. A dog will be a wonderful incentive for your grandmother to take daily walks. Keep us updated on any prospective pets!

Teddygirl: You are wise for listening to your body. We don't need you on the injury list!!! Let Teddyboy take care of you. That's an order!!!!:*

Laurie: You just go on with your soon to be Triple Xer self! I don't know if you caught my previous post. Thanks for the picture and card. You have a very handsome family!!! Oooo, yes! Mom and Dad need a new computer. Make it wireless while you're at it. That way you can log on while waiting in the car between shuffling those active girls of yours! I didn't realize your youngest dd was the same age as my oldest dd. She looks so grown up in the picture!

Nicole: Take it easy. You can always do P91X! Who's the crazy woman now? Remember who you are talking to! The Laziest Xer! As much as I like Carol, I have no intention of EVER doing doubles with anyone. No need for violence. I'll be there! I joked to Phil that Jeanette might have hosted it in Vegas. He told me that I could go anywhere in the world on my own, Vegas. He loves Sin City! I'm praying for ds. If he doesn't make it this time, he can try out again. Apparently, most of the divers fail their first fit test. They spend 6 months of training and try out again. Maybe another 6 months of training would do him some good. Phase two only gets tougher physically and academically.

Carol: WOW 1.6 pounds of water weight shed already! WTG! I haven't started our homeschool yet. I'm not ready to hit the books just yet. Monday will be here soon enough.

Kim: CA is short for my mother, the Crazy Asian. Traci likes to refer to me as the resident CA.;) I understand what you mean about certain exercises being more or less difficult for others. Step is difficult for me cardio wise. Mason twists: No problem. I HATE all the other ab exercises on ARX! Come to think of it, I hate Mason Twists too.:7 My 10 year old is doing Grade 5. How many other children do you have?

Tracy: Were you able to keep today a rest day? Do you still do yoga on your rest days?

Hi to AmyX!!! I took a picture especially for you and Jeanette. I'll be posting it sometime next week.

Well ladies, I'm going to get something to eat. It's way past my bedtime! :+

Ballistic Hugs to ALL!
Wendy

To save you all from a live chat. I checked at Beachbody and they don't have workout sheets for the + workouts yet. I think if they were requested they would make them available. I see they use them in the DVD's so they must have some somewhere. I think they all look like great workouts but you have to have a chin up bar. The Kenpo one is my least favorite because it's four rounds repeated so it might get a little boring after a while.

Wendy, Aren't you glad that the reunion will be closer to home for you? Have you dared to mention it to Phil yet? I know he'll let you go because he's a doll:) Let me know how your son does on the test. I'm sure he'll do better now that he knows what's coming. Did you get to meet your blog friend in Thailand? She looks like she enjoys it there. I think you would like the P90X+ workouts. They have a lot of neat moves and it's fun just to imagine one day looking like the girl in it:D

I am so uncomfortable right now. I may pop in Back In Shape and see if that helps a little. Off to watch the last P90X plus, Total Body+.

Nicole

Bring it!!!

070209_10019023368_1199393270649.gif
[/url]

Finished Day 3 today! DH is doing great too! I really felt ARX today as abs still have DOMS from last time. I didn't find the Shoulders and Arms too bad but difficult to know what weights to pick up for the first time doing it so maybe could have gone heavier. I'm really excited about trying the Yoga tomorrow. I'm never really liked Yoga but always wanted too so maybe this will be the workout that makes me like it. I took the kids to see the pediatrician today, and then for a swim. They start lessons again next week and are going to be in the same class even though they are 3.5 yrs apart. DD loves to swim and has been going consistently and she has caught up to her big brother now he feels that he needs to go back to lessons because he doesn't want her to move past him.

Sounds like there are lots people not feeling so well. Laurie, Nicole, Teddy girl I sure hope you guys are feeling better soon!

Jeannette Just wanted to give my two cents about Bichon Friche puppies. We've had three in the family because my son and my sisters and I have allergies and they are great dogs for allergy sufferers because of the type of hair. They are super cute but all three have tended not to be the healthiest dogs. I think they tend to me a bit fragile healthwise.

BTW the Wii we bought for our son for Christmas was $269.99 but I did see them advertised for $239.99 but of course that is Canadian dollars so probably different in the USA.

Wendy- What is your son training for with the swimming? I used to be a swimmer in my youth. I did lifeguarding/swim instructor as a part time job while in high school and university and still miss it.
BTW my son is 10 and my dd is 7.

I hope you get back on a regular sleep cycle soon. I got woken up this morning by the bed falling apart;-) The footboard at the end of the board fell off. The bed is almost 20 years old and the boards seems bent DH fixed it tonight but I think we'll need a new bed soon.

Kim

Hi all! Thank you everyone for all of your encouraging words regarding XDH. It has been an incredibly emotional and frustrating couple of days...but he leaves in exactly 13 hours and 5 minutes. Thank God. Anyhoo....I finally got a workout in today. I did SH chest, shoulders and tris....I was pretty beat by the end. Tomorrow I will either get some nectar with Eoin...or do some kickboxing to get out my frustrations. Sorry, my mind is just not able to do personals right now. But be assured I read everyone's posts. It sounds like everyone is doing well...except for poor Nicole...who is catching something. And dear Teddygirl, who has got some sort of bug as well. Laurie, hope yours is not really a bug and just a headache. Traci who isn't sleeping (as usual) and Wendy who is actually sleeping at the time that normal people sleep (maybe it is the added chocolate)! Sounds like everyone is moving ahead with their X rotations....or their own personal goals. Way to go!!

Waving to Sandra, Lea, Carol, Kim, Jeanette, and Tracy. Good night all. I have a huge goodbye scene involving XDH and DD to look forward to in the morning. If we can make it through that, I think we will all survive until the next trip.

Kisses to all...I should be back in normally crazy form by the weekend.

Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.