Xers ***THURSDAY***

teddy16410

Cathlete
:7 :7:7 Happy Happy Thursday 5/3

Phase 2 / Week 1 / Day 4 YOGA X (first 45 min) / RD #2
Also doing Muscle Max Abs + CC1 on treadmill

Gosh – I think we lost Katie! COME BACK KATIE!!!

تLAURIE X
You are such a trooper about interrupted workout nights! I commend you on your dedication to including them into your very busy days & nights! I find that its very helpful having done this before if I need to save time I can fast forward a lot of the "in-between" chat/rest time if I need to make it quick. GREAT JOB to DD! Time improvements are very challenging!

تNicole
So glad you are all excited about recovery week! So many of us were kind of freaking about it as it was a new concept to us but man did we learn to love it! Have you always included recovery type weeks in your rotations? I was lucky in round 1- Ph 1 rec=Thanksgiving Week , Ph 2 rec= Xmas week! How’s that’s for beginners luck!?

تWendy
LOL on doubles/doubles! It creates quite a case of full body DOMS! I don’t recommend doing it often… I can hardly move today… Head to toe is sore. SURE we want Bruce Lee Backs! Why not?? My rotator has been a bit achy for several months – many days I didn’t even notice it- For some reason it just decided to become inflamed I guess- I can actually see the swelling of the muscle- actually makes me look pretty cut on that one arm! I’m using Icy Hot cream and just nursing it…Your grass must be VERY VERY tall by now! Lol GOOD JOB on deciding on calories!

تSandra X
Sounds like you are just having a great time! Are you big on taking photos? Are you a Things or people person? When DH is in charge of camera we always have “things”… When I’m in charge its “people”… I missed my personal deadline of 4/30 but that’s OK… The deadline from AFPA is May 30th… I think I’ll make it without requesting an extension. ^^ 5 on sticking to the workout plan! I would have taken a 10 day rest!

تTracy X
Thanks for posting what you’re doing! Gosh can I do that too? Little lower work would make my day! I am just going to take this rotator cuff thing 1 workout at a time…Its been an irritation for months but is now not feeling good… I don’t think that I caught it in time for a few days to make it better…. What to do What to do??? Hope you LOVE your new DVDs! I’m sure you know Eoin’s from memory so a change is in order! Don’t worry about personals… Just happy you are still fitting check-in to your busy days! I am so sorry about your friend and all she is going through… I’m sure that has weighed very heavy on your mind and heart. Thanks for sharing about that.

تAmy
Ok Amers we are ON for May Food Pact! Has to start today as yesterday was a bit overload of chips & salsa at lunch… YES- TODAY IS CLEAN DAY! I am so sorry about your BB fiasco! I think they have you flagged! After years of ordering with them never one bit of trouble…knocking on wood! Thanks for info on protein powder- I am just about out.

تJeanette X
Congrats on the new head of hair! I go next week & its so desperately needed! LOL on the procrastination… I learned to thrive on the high of barely making deadlines in corporate America and am finding it difficult to shake in normal life… I just love a few good all-nighters! So funny about DH / home/deliveries! Mine never says a word either but I swear he pops in at the house on delivery days or decides to work from home just when I need him OUTTA there! I don’t look at all his fishing/boating/golfing toys hidden in the garage and he doesn’t look in my workout closet! Still feeling it from Squeeze this go round????

تTeddyGirl
Did you just have the BEST night ever???? I am still so excited for you! Our Teddy is gonna be just fine!! WooHoo! Puts the rest of life in perspective! LOL on ready for more workouts! I LOVE Amy Bento but probably not for cardio anymore… I told SandraX that I wanted Amy as my friends but prefer the others we have as my trainer! I do like All Pump Extreme tho- great premixes too!

تDebra X
WoooooHooooo on house!!! Gosh that’s FABULOUS that you found the perfect one so quickly!!! Yes- do tell us all about it! How close is it to your best friend? Did DD pick out her new room? LOVE your rotation! That’s what I want to do after X! Almost halfway already! SH is perfect for 1 part per day imo. You go for it!

Happy Flexing to all!
:7

Happy Thursday,

Tracie, how's the rotator cuff feeling? Maybe you should lay off a few days, it always seems to help me when I’m feeling aches, yeah, I do ache. You are a mean machine, your body look awesome.

Last night, I walked 1 ½ hr speed walk, it was just to nice outdoors to pass up. You talking bout someone who was tired afterwards, it wore me out, I give workout a B+.

This morning, GS legs (standing) + Butts & Guts only did 10 exercises, that was plenty. Tonight, I’m going to do lower body from GS and maybe a 40 minute walk depending on the weather, walking just seems to complete my workout.

I’m going to change things up a bit, my UB is looking like crap, lost what little muscles I had, too me my UB is looking like an UB plain jane x(x( therefore, I’ve decided to do a total UB body workout every other day oppose to doing splits, that should build my muscles back up in a hurry:p I be doing UB + abs, giving my legs a rest in between, hm…just thought about what I said. I guess my rest will be a light cardio. I will check back later, need too get report out.

Teddygirl~

Good morning,

Rotation called for SS Upper body blast, but I did that last week so instead I subbed ME Upper Body Premix. Hmmm, not feeling the legwork from Squeeze today or the B&G floorwork with ankle weights. Guess I've got some leg endurance, which is good for my bike riding. Have a bike ride after work today with a girlfriend if it's not raining. Looking forward to my ride on Sunday. Did pretty good on my eating yesterday. Today, however, is a bus trip out to one of the fire camps here in Northern California. They do annual training for the inmate fire fighters here and the big wigs with the Dept. of Corrections & Rehabilitation will be at the training too. They feed everyone (the free staff) that goes on the bus trip a lunch and it is a HUGE lunch. I'll have to be selective. They usually have tri-tip or steaks or something. With the dignitaries coming today, know they will be going all out.

Traci, hope you rest the rotator cuff for a while, if that's what it is. Even a small tear in it can really hurt and take a long time to heal, if it even heals. Glad you are taking care of it. We want you well and injury free!

Teddygirl, your walk sounds wonderful! Our weather has been a bit iffy with the wind and rain lately so I've missed the last couple of days of walking around our track at work. I always bring my mp3 player and really enjoy that time. Have fun with the rest of your leg workout today.

Hi to everyone else,

Jeanette

Jeanette: Your bike riding is off the hook, boy can you travel. That’s very possible, you not feeling lower body work, your endurance is off the chain. Nice work. :D

Morning Xers,

Doubles: Ph2/Wk5/Day4/Rnd2
Workout: Yoga Zone Power Yoga and some type of Pilates Ab work.

I really like this Yoga Zone workout. I just need to add in some ab work, because it doesn't have that in it. But my legs really got worked out the last time I did this one.

I went to the school to pick up my youngest DD last night. They said 6:30. The buses didn't show up until 7:00. :( DD had a great time on her field trip, but man was that boring just sitting there. I could have gotten my run in while I waited instead of doing it before. :7 :7 I did manage to get in all of my workout though.

When I got home last night there was a package on the counter from Eddie Bauer. I had ordered a swim suit. It fit and looked good on me. So happy! Usually I'm never happy about any suit I get. My oldest DD even said I look good, and that it made my shoulders look so cut. I so love that kid.:D

Amy, Thanks for the info on protein powder. Will have to check that out.

Jeanette, I have to go in next week for my hair appointment. My gray hairs have been showing up way more than I want them too. x( Great job on the lower body work. I have been trying to increase my running time. My DD can run way faster than I can for a mile. I'm at about a 9.5 min. mile. :)

Teddygirl, Your post are sounding so much more upbeat. I'm so happy for you. Way to go on the fast walk.:)

Traci, MM Abs if I remember correctly is a wopper of a workout. }( Have fun with that one. Plus a CC, I still want to place an order for those CC's. Everyone likes them so much.

Talk at you all later,

Laurie

Hi Laurie,
Getting ready to head to work...Just want to plug Cardio Coach. They are wonderful and really make me push when I normally wouldn't. Love Coach Sean's voice. They are the best. I haven't done any lately, but think you will like them. Gray hair, think it's inevitable. My sister is 47 and has a full head of gray hair. She decided this year that she's not dying it anymore. It actually looks nice on her but took a while for me to get used to it. Me, I'm staying a brunette! Glad you enjoyed your Yoga Zone workout.

Jeanette

Classic/Phase 1/Week 4/Day 1- RECOVERY WEEK- Yoga

Well, gang, I finally made to my first recovery week! That, in and of itself is a feat!!! I was going to add MH yoga on to yesterday's Stretch, until I realized that today was a scheduled yoga day, so I just stopped and enjoyed a nice rest day. It felt very odd to take it in the middle of my week, though because I usually take them on Monday after getting off of my 3 day work cycle!

Traci- Yes, clean eating pact for May, it is!!! I actually started on the first because that's what I needed to do. The scale has been rewarding me nicely...down 6.5 lbs of bloat since Tuesday!!! I would hold off on the Icy Hot on your shoulder and use ice packs and motrin to see if they won't bring down the inflammation. The Icy Hot will draw blood flow to the area which will increase the swelling and thus the discomfort. That stuff is better for muscle cramps. Hope that helps! At this rate on your training stuff, you will make the deadline with NO problems!!! Keep it up! Like my dad always says, "Keep your shoulder to the wheel, and your nose to the grindstone....now try to work in that position!!!":D

Debra- Congrats on finding a house so quickly! Why are you moving to NC? I only ask because I've been looking to move there for school.

Jeanette- (I love your name because it's my mom's name as well) I am sorry that your DH is having a hard time at work. Your bike rides are inspiring and I would love to get back into them (I used to ride all the time when I lived in IL) but the traffic here actually aims at you on the road and I'm not really interested in becoming roadkill!

I finally caved yesterday and ordered the weighted gloves from Beach Body. I hope that they don't flag me for any other scams, especially since I opted for the 1-time payment instead of over a couple of months for the whole order (got some bars as well). I think that they will help me "feel" Kenpo again like I used to when I first started it 5 months ago!

Hi ladies...I'm just popping on really quick. Got my ride in this morning...but I still want to get in my weight work since I have a crazy afternoon. Hope you are all good and I will catch up later today.

Debra

Bite off more than you can chew. Then chew it---Ella Williams

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

Hi all,

Today is a rest day. I have something after work and I just don’t think that I’ll have time to get in a workout. I will do some stretching on my own though. I haven’t had a total rest day in a few weeks.

Traci – I agree, ice and Ibuprofen for the shoulder. If it is swollen, you must have quite an injury brewing. You are sounding just like I was and I’m warning you that once you reach the point of no return, you will have to stop working upper body for a LONG time.
I think that rotator cuff injuries are hard to heal and sometimes require surgery.

Teddy girl – I’ve had great results working upper body 3x per week. I do a total upper body workout each time. I look pretty good, and rarely pick up a heavy weight.

Amy – The weighted gloves will definitely help Kenpo to feel new again. Power systems has a lot of nice fitness equipment too. It’s not the cheapest, but very good quality and a good company to order from.

Laurie – I didn’t realize how far along you were with your second round. You must be looking rather buff!

Jeanette – How was lunch? I' m going out to eat tonoght and already thinking about what to get. I’ve added protein powder back in to my diet because I think that I was cutting the protein a little short. I actually think that it satisfies my hunger and helps me to control my eating better. I haven’t had time to preview the Shiva yet. I will let you know though.

Debra – Your rotation looks good. I’ve had good luck with doing total upper 3x per week. It’s a switch from the 1x per week with the X and builds good fatigue by the last workout of the week. I do one only weights, one with a few sets of various pushups plus weights and pull ups, then one all body weight upper workout. Its good variety and working for me.

BBL,

Tracy

Good Afternoon Ladies,

I've been soooo bad with working out and eating! I didn't do ANYTHING yesterday except eat an entire Opera Torte (deep delicous, syrupy chocolate topping, coffee mouse, thin shortbread cake, another layer of COFFEE mouse and cake) while watching Shear Design!!!! It really wasn't that big of a torte. Yes, it was good. Yes, I should feel ashamed! But, I don't!!! LOL Okay, maybe a little.

I plan on doing L&B and Kenpo and ARX this afternoon. I'll start on Week 6 tomorrow. Oh Darn! I just remembered!!! I have an appointment at the hair salon tonight. Okay, I'll be back after I finish L&B and ARX for personals.

sigh, I need help!
Wendy

Hey Ladies!

Hope all is well with everyone!:)

I am on the final week (week 3) of my BBC rotation. I would do another week except for the fact that I like Cathe's May rotation so I plan on starting it Monday!!! (with a tweak here and there ofcourse!;) )

My work outs for this week are as follows:

S: BBC Arms and Abs w/chin ups + round 1 of BBC cardio
M: BBC Butt and Legs (no cardio)+ running class (intervals)
T: Baron's Long and Lean Yoga
W: Itread set 1/20 min + BBC Chest and Abs (no cardio)
Today: Spin class this morning and tonight I will do Baron's Journey into Power 2 DVD. I just got it so I'm looking forward to it!}(
F: BBC shoulders and back (no cardio) w/chin ups
S: BBC full body
S: Rest

Have a great day ladies!:)

Thursday 5/3
Phase 2 / Round 2
Week 1
Day 4: YOGA X (first 45 min)
Doubles: Muscle Max Abs + CC1 on treadmill

All workouts completed for the day…:7

Thanks for all the concern for my rotator… Here’s my plan… I have until Monday before I have to pick up any weights again so that’s good… I will take it easy on Kenpo Saturday and reevaluate on Monday.

I think I recall the very first time I got a twinge in it and why it took so long to get so out of hand…. Round 1 Chest Shoulders Triceps has those “Scarecrows” (goldpost looking things)… The last time I did them back in January I went too heavy and felt something… Then I was done with X and it never bothered me too terribly much and certainly not on a regular basis. This past Monday was the first time I did them again and although I remembered to go very very lite it got me again. Be careful on those everyone….

تDebra X :7
Ouch……. Hurt my neck watching you fly in and out! Lol
Glad you’re back and in full swing again.

تJeanette X :7
Nice upper today lady! Your “field trip” sounds like fun! Always nice to change the work scenery every now & again. TriTip? Yum-

تLaurie X :7
Yes- MM Abs are hard for me… they work my lower really well for some reason. A good solid 10 minutes. I agree with Jeanette on CC. I only have 1,2,3 but those are plenty for me- so versatile because you can use them with any type of workout at all- ^5 on lovin’ the new bathing suit! You must be one buff mama!

تTracy X :7
Enjoy your rare rest day! Thanks for all your advice. Hope tonite is something fun!

تAmy :7
So glad you got the BB Gloves! World of difference! A great investment. Thanks for tip on Icy Hot… lol- I use it on everything! I must be addicted to the tingle! Ice it is…Hooray and Congrats on first recovery week!!!! Work those abs girl!

تTeddyGirl :7
Oh lordy its hard keepin’ up with my girl! I doubt your upper body looks that bad! Good plan tho getting those arms ready for summer shirts!

تWendy :7
Can you make me laugh any harder? OMG I know how you feel… I went wacky mid way thru round 1 and it just takes 1 day to get back on track… no worries girl- Its part of the mental challenge. Suck it up & spit out that junk food!

Wendy X: :7
Good to see you- your workouts are CRAZY lady! Glad you are so happy post X! I spent a month floundering!!

Happy Flexing to all!
:7

TRACY:
I've got Amy's Kickbox Extreme, HiLo Extreme & All Pump Extreme....
Not fond of the Kickbox- Its really just a cardio-fest....
HiLo is ok - I really like All Pump with 4 day split premixes

TracieX: I'm all over the place, see, this is why I can not stick with anyones rotation, except mines, I have to be free, to fly :7 You are so right, I really need to get arm ready FASTx( :)

Tracy: thank you, and enjoy your rest day you deserve it, you work so hard:) I’m going to finish out this month working arms 3/4 times a weeks. I’ll see how it goes.

I tell you it has been one big mess with Amazon, they just sent me an email about not having the funds in my account, or something about the bank, duh! There's more than enough bucks, problem being the 3 digits on the back of my bank card can’t make out the numbers anymore;)

You know what, not mad at all. I found Amy Bento at deepdiscount.com for 10.99 with FREE shipping. I asked Amazon to clear my account so that I can go back into it, I really would like Tae Bo ARGHHHHH, I’ll be back with update.

I got it, the thing is I order from Amazon several times before, never had to put in credit card info, they showed me last 4 digits. all hell broke loose, when I made tiny change. Anyway, I'm going to check tomorrow to see if I can re order Taebo. Have a great and wonderful evening all.

Hi Gang! I'm still kicking around here.

This morning I did KPC's premix #4 (w/u, intermediate drills, combos 1 & 2), SJP abs, and PY4H Daily Dose of Bliss premix. Felt really good. I'm definitely executing my crunches better. Like TracyX has said a few times - it's easy to cheat with Cathe's abs.

TraciX and Amy - I'll be joining you on the May Clean Eating thing when we get home. All this vacation eating is fun! The piper will need to be paid eventually, however. Tonight we're having Mom's homemade peach pie for dessert :9 :9 .

Cheers, and have a great day,
SandraX

Classic: Phase 1/ Week 3/ Day 4/ Round 1

Did YogaX today before the boys got up and enjoyed it a lot. The first half hour seems a little slow but the rest zooms by. Maybe because the first half hour is the hardest:) Starting to feel some changes now so I'm hoping next week cements them. I usually have so much variety in my workouts that I think I was doing myself a disservice.

Traci-X : I have never had a "recovery period". I workout 6 days a week hard, no matter what. I hope my recovery time is as great on timimg as your's was:)

Jeanette : I'm hoping the results are good. I'm anxious to start the Recovery Week because it's something I've never done. Hope all went well at the lunch.

Wendy : I'm salivating now:9 I dream about my Aunt Betty's Torte Cake but she lives in Arkansas so I'll just keep on dreamin'.

SandraX : I agree about Cathe's ab work. I started doing ARX and I realized mine weren't as strong as I thought.

Have a good evening all!

Nicole

Those who do not find time for exercise will have to find time for illness.
-Earl of Derby-

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?uid=7738930

Okay..I'm back again...but I have to be cat-like quick since I have laundry going and 2 little girls running around upstairs!

Let's see...haven't gotten to my weights yet...but I should have time after the playdate is over. I should be moving in the middle of June...and for those of you who asked, my DH is currently working in Russia (of all places) and since most of our family and friends are in the South it only made sense for DD and I to move there. We will be about 15 minutes from my mom. I also have some other close friends around the area where I will be moving...and my BFF will be about a 4 hour car ride away..an easy weekend trip! We got a comparable house to the one we currently own in Illinois, but the new one is on an acre of land. We only have a postage stamp lot here. Our new house is brand new...we will be the first owners, which is always nice. And for the best part...it was MUCH MUCH MUCH less than our current home so our mortgage will go down. WooHoo! More DVDs for me! And more antiquing!

I also have to brag for a minute...I did the measurements last month on the Cathe calendar...and I just have to report my results. I am down 2 pounds, a half inch in my waist, an inch in my hips and a half inch in my chest...legs and arms were about the same. But I was just tickled pink! I think keeping with a faux X rotation and trying to watch my food intake really helped. I also LOVE recovery week...I lost the weight during that week!

A couple of personals...

Traci...Take it easy on that shoulder...I also hurt mine with that scarecrow move...I know it just blends in with the rest of my injuries, but it was bothersome. You may want to get a massage if you have a person you like. And maybe you said this...or someone else did...but alternate ice and heat to loosen you muscles.

Jeanette...I think of you every time I get on my bike...Thanks for your influence! I am really enjoying the riding. Glad your hair is beautiful again. Hope you enjoyed MM today. Have a wonderful lunch with the wheels and the firemen today.

Tracy...How is the back doing? I decided to change my rotation up a bit since I thought it may be good for muscle confusion and all...I prefer to do the upper body splits...but I only have so much time to devote each day...and I thought SH might be a good change.

Okay...gotta go for now...will bbl to catch up with everyone else. Missed you guys!

Debra

Okay...Got the little urchins home..and even got my shoulder work in. I really enjoy Cathe in the SH series...she gives a lot of good pointers and she seems really relaxed and happy making the videos. My shoulders are also feeling very toasty right now!

More personals...

Teddygirl...Glad you enjoyed your walk last night. I am really enjoying my riding right now too. What a leg workout today!! Good luck with getting that upper body toned...It's always a tough spot for me to feel like I look toned enough.

Laurie...God bless your DD's heart! They always know the right way to compliment their moms! Glad you enjoyed yoga zone...I haven't done that one. I really like CC's too. I have Sean's #6 and it works great fro the treadmill and I am looking forward to using it on my bike.

Amy...WooHoo on recovery week!!!! I am sure you will enjoy some great results from this week...it really does work wonders...and I now feel less guilty when I take some time off of exercising. Where do you want to go to school in NC? And for what? I am moving to the Triad area...which is near Winston-Salem and Greensboro. I'll let you know if people actually aim for me on my bike like they do in Florida!

Wendy...I am sure you must have deserved your indulgence! You must have done something good over the past week or 2 that deserves a treat. Good luck with L&B tonight...and ARX, of course. Maybe I'll do L&B next week...Hmmm...Maybe I can just turn down the volume during Dreya's moaning sequence.

WendyX...Love your cheetah! Have fun with your upcoming Cathe rotation..it looks like a good one.

Sandra...Please send some peach pie down my way! Hope you are having fun with the family...And big kudos to you for keeping up your workout schedule...I bow to you, o dedicated one!

Nicole....Recovery weeks are magic! I am sure that you will see the benefits once you do it. I, too, found that I wasn't sticking with anything long enough to see results since I always just kind of did what I wanted. A big takeaway from the X for me was sticking to a rotation.

Okay...I think I am all caught up...at least for today! Hope you are all well...I probably won't be around until later tomorrow afternoon. I have a meeting with my mortgage guy tomorrow morning and I need to get my workout in if possible.

Ta-ta for now!

Debra

Debra: Once I saw your post I remembered I forgot to send you a personal. I'm so glad you found a house and I'm glad your finding a little bit of time to exercise. You'll have to post pictures once your in. Thanks for the encouragement!

Nicole

Those who do not find time for exercise will have to find time for illness.
-Earl of Derby-

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?uid=7738930

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.