Xer - "Pick Your Poison" Saturday

teddy16410

Cathlete
Shall it be cardio conditioning? Leg Drills? A little Core work? Maybe Kickboxing? Whats on your schedule today Xer gals?

I'm working this morning then scooting off to bay to be with the male side of the family. Been a heck-of-a week .....

Before I go I'll do BBC Mission Lower + Mission Upper...tomorrow probably just a long walk on the beach.... Will hit it hard on Monday again

Back w/ personals

RE: Xer -

Jeanette::
What a FRIDAY you had! My gosh those kind of days are so strange! I wonder what actually causes them....Glad you are OK from your spill... You really should fill out those comp forms tho;-) VERY happy you've got fresh milk! Thats so funny! DH always has me smell his milk as he has allergies & literally cant smell a skunk! ~ SO GM like Chinese eh? Well who would have thunk! ~ LOL on the graphic of DH last night...If you'd picked him up off the floor & put him in a recliner I'd be asking why MY DH was @ your house!:+ Have "fun" shooting! Never ever been an activity that seemed appealing... You enjoy tho!:7

Wendy::
Sorry I missed all the CA drama! You poor dear! I'm happy to hear all will be well. I couldnt help but chuckle @ the "mother gene" rearing its head...ya know the one where no-one goes to see mom cuz she ddnt TELL anyone & for the next 75 years every story includes a blurb about the time she was all alone dying?:+ Glad Phil is OK - But REALLY dear- next time we'd like a picture! rofl

Nicole::
So so sorry you were made to choose between sister & X-sisters... its OK- we'll do it agian in various parts of the country I'm sure. Next time we'll meet wherever Sandra can get a get deal on her ticket...Maybe there will be Hawaiin deals from canada}( ~ Glad you are feeling ready to start getting healthy... I agree that if it continues thru the weekend a Drs visit Monday is really needed. ~~ HAPYY XX SATUS!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Debra::
Hope last night was a total blast! Thanks for the note....have you always been a sweetheart or do we Xer chicks just bring out the best in you?:* Hope the mechanic did his duty.... did ya 'splain to Dr about your recent increase in "mechanical type" activities???? I would THINK that it could possibly be PART of the reason you ar so tired!:+ Wouldnt that be Murphys Law 101? Just as you find a partner who satisfies you fully you are told that your body produces something every time you have an O...In order to live a full life you must never have one again!:eek:

Tracy::
ROF...Why did Sandra call DH Phil? I read that & thought- boy I missed something for sure! :+ ~ I'm sure you're feeling fried from Gauntlet last night..Wild Thing you!:*

Latrese::
I probably missed you for the weekend...So excited you've been planning your library additions!!! I REALLY cant imagine anyone not being THRILLED w/ STS...unless maybe if you hate to lift & are hoping thsi will make you fall in luv with lifting & it doesnt... I think its funny when people who hate step, kick.. spend the $$ & get ticked when they dont like it...:7

Laurie::
BEAUTIFUL artistry on those dresses! You continue to make me say ooooohhhhhhh & aaaahhhhhhh. Just breathtaking! Its wonderful to be able to look back at a picture & truly say "I'm stronger healthier & SKINNIER!" Great job on taking the bull by the horns in fitness!

Kim::
My "groomer to the stars" is PETSMART! :+ The boys are about 120#s each & we give them the full service + shaving (I mean bald!) so its about 70 per boy...I HEAR thats really reasonable but gosh- its STILL a big chunk of change for us. It does make my life so much easier tho- & DH's allergies are less of an issue so its all a payoff I suppose. Have a fabulous "quiet" weekend!;-)

Sandra::
I see you have company!!!! OY! I sure miss alot when I'm not around dont I? Was this trip planned? I must have missed that part. ANYWAY... Hope you have TONS of popcorn for the DVDs of pics!:+ PRICELESS:+ Hope those biceps got the burn you desired yesterday.... Very interesting stuff you posted to Netta about the lean issue... one of lifes great mysteries.... It all makes sense in my pea brain...just so darn hard to figure it all out for individual body types.

I do believe I am back caught up with the lives of the Xers! Funny how much I think about everyone when I'm not..... Have a great weekend if I dont get back til tomorrow night...I shall try to sneak in one more little visit today;-) :*

Hi all,

Today is probably going to be C&B and the eliptical. Until I finish the X, I've decided that I will do one regular leg workout and then one circuit leg workout to get all my leg and cardio in. I can't wait to go back to every 4-5th day full upper workouts because it givens me more time for cardio and legs:)

I have felt so behind this week. I am hoping to feel more caught up after the weekend. It seemed like I never got to take a breath at work all week. I'd get there before 7 and look up and it would be after 1. It is better than being bored. TTOm is late again which I think is causing some of my sleep problems. I may go sleep in the guest room for a couple of days because with the light sleep patterns and DH insistance on watching TV while I'm asleep, it's just not working. Well, at least for me anyways.

I decided to try to get the ACE certification, so I'm studying that. It's not a lot that I haven't been exposed to, just a lot of information. No wonder Swifty dropped off the face of the earth. The anatomy is going to be the worst part. Right now, my goal is to take the test towards the end of the summer.

Jeanette - Your posts just crack me up. Sorry about the fall. I'm sure that was more embarrasing than anything else. This may be the first decent weekend we have had in weeks. I'll look at your workouts and see what I can come up with. There is always that other Cathe leg rotation that is good to. I can't remember what month/year, but I'll post that later.

Traci - There just aren't enough hours in the day are there? Hey, could you post the link to that interactive body website with the muscles etc? I meant to bookmark it and forgot. That probably would be a good study tool. I hope you enjoy the bay. A nice walk on the beach sounds very appealing.

Tracy

TRACY::: Good morning! Man I feel like Feb is nothing but a big blurr myself! Sorry the hormone hell is kicking in...Mine was one for the record books last week.... Good plan for today and rest of X & your legs. ~ WOOHOO on ACE! I didnt think all the info would look so daunting for you...Good job on just going for it..WHY NOT? My gosh if nothing else you can ALWAYS get a job in a hurry if ever needed...you can write-off all fitness purchases ... Its all good!!!
I think this is the link you wanted..I have so many bookmarked!

http://www.changingshape.com/exercise/musclecharts/frontviewofthehumanupperleg.asp

XXOO

Good morning

I have thick brain fog this morning, so this will be to the point. I'm going to go do Step Blast, then possibly tack on some ab work such as Cathe's Ab Marathon (abs from KPC, ME, & PUB).

Traci....GREAT to see you you!!!! Please stop disappearing. I didn't call Tracy's DH Phil, I was referring to the X workout where Tony asked them what soup they were stirring, and I think it was Phil who answered "Trouble", and Tony said "I don't like it that Phil had a funnier line than me." Tracy started off a thread that asked "What's in your soup?" I was just trying to play along. I got my 10 Min Trainers yesterday. I see that I only received one dvd, and the "deluxe" version would have included 3 more workouts on a second dvd, and 2 more bands. BeachBody is freakishly overpricing these workouts!!! Have a great weekend at the Bay! I'm sure they miss you, because I know we all do. The Parent's visit has been planned for a couple months. I probably just didn't think to mention it, I yak on so much about enough other stuff.

Tracy....Yup, I have company, but they're lazybones and like to sleep until 7:30am or so. Plenty of time for me to enjoy my Me Time in the wee hours of the morning. I think it's About Time you went for the ACE certification!! Good for you!!!

Jeanette....Your post yesterday cracked me up. And Grandma loves Chinese! Who knew! Maybe the bloat will make her look a little healthier :) . I'm not sure if you misunderstood me, but what I was trying to say yesterday was that for someone who is already lean, lots of cardio will NOT make them fat. For someone who is starting off overweight, lots of cardio may make it difficult to lose weight. Therefore, if Cathe suddenly went cardio-crazy, being already lean, she would not get fat from it; just tired and injured, probably. According to Sandra Logic, if you stopped exercising except for walking and moderate weight training, and followed WW to the letter, your scale weight would decrease (and so would your fitness conditioning). Once you reach your ideal number, you could add the more intense exercise back in, and as long as you're eating more, you might see only fitness gains, not fat gain. If you're predisposed to retaining water, that probably can't be helped at all, except with the use of diuretics or something. Does that make sense?

Okay, this post isn't To The Point, and I've got to start my workout. I'll come back later to finish up. Have a great day everyone!!

Sandra

Sneezing is running amuck today! Yeah, amuk is either spelled incorrectly or it isn't a real word. Whatever.:+

My mother is still in the hospital. She is supposed to come home today. We shall see what this doctor does.

I have a question maybe you all can answer for me. Last night I was reading the STS forum about cardio 2 times a day. Here was Chris' reply:

Opinions vary on what is the optimum amount of cardio to do each week, but just like in STS you can use periodization to schedule your cardio workouts. Perhaps while doing STS you will not have the time to do the amount of cardio you would like to. That’s fine, just do what you can and try to be consistent. After finishing the STS cycle you can then choose a program that is more cardio intensive if you prefer. Using periodization to cycle your cardio workouts is just as important as using periodization for your strength training workouts.

Here is my question:
SNM,

How would one use periodization to cycle their cardio workouts? Would it be something like this:

Mesocycle One: Endurance based... longer steady state based on one's average heart rate.

Mesocycle Two: A mixture of steady state and high intensity

Mesocycle Three: High intensity interval training

I'm not well versed in regards to different types of cardio. So, talk to me like I'm two.

What does that mean to periodize cardio?????

Traci: Enjoy the bay!!!! We'll miss you!!!

Jeanette: Dirty hair usually looks healthy. The stylists at my salon wash their hair on average twice a week. Yes, most of them workout religiously at the gym.

Tracy: Swifty is doing well. But, she's hard at work studying for her test. What plans do you have for yourself after you're ACE certified? A new career? A part-time job? Just for personal satisfaction?

Okay, gotta get some Sudafed in my system.

Wendy

Mind if I re-join?

Hi Ladies!!

Sorry I haven't been around. I've been spending MUCH less time online, so it's been difficult keeping up with everyone! I'm finally DONE with P90X :D :D :D I've not been doing too much this week... My ankle tendonitis flared up again :( and my stiff hip from Xmas came back to haunt me this week, too. Starting tomorrow I'll be doing Cathe's Feb '08 rotation. It looks like a goodie :) I love both the S&H and GS workouts, so I'm looking forward to it. Other than that, it's business as usual here. The kiddos have ALL been sick ALL week, so we're holed up this weekend trying to get RID of the germs. I can't complain too much, though, as they really escaped pretty much all of January and February without any sickness. It's spring cleaning time, too, so I've been getting in extra cardio and sculpting doing that, lol. How have you all been? Have I missed anything exciting? I'm looking forward to catching back up with you all over the next few days :) Have a good one!

Carol

Good morning,
Today was upper body work so I pulled out SJP and did the upper body stuff and abs in it, which wasn't much. However, I my arms were burning with very little work. Think possibly the cold that's been lurking so long may be rearing it's ugly little head. I was even shaking during the planks and that usually doesn't happen. DH and I are going handgun shooting this morning so that means I probably won't hit anywhere near the target LOL.

Traci, all is well in my world when you post. See what happened to me yesterday because you decided to be silicon free? Yep, all your fault.:p
Hope you have a great time at the Bay. I just checked this milk that DH bought last night on the way back from picking up the Chinese food. $4.29! Yikes, it was a little Mom and Pop store so everything is higher there. So Wendell can't smell? Could come in very handy, but I would hate to not be able to smell anything. Can he taste? Maybe if I couldn't smell or taste, I wouldn't crave a CC?

Tracy, hope you have something fun planned outdoors this weekend. Thank you, oh thank you for offering to work on or find a leg rotation for me. I really appreciate that. Congrats for going for the ACE certification. You guys are all inspiring. No doubt you will do well with your studies. My DH thinks I'm certifiable too.

Sandra, I think I get it now. I think with the 1/2 Ironman relay coming up in May, I will have to do my cardio to perform well. But, when STS starts, I think I will throttle back on the cardio to see what muscle gains I can get. I hate letting anything slide, but hey, we can't always have it all.

Wendy, I know that in the cycling world, periodization with cardio workouts is definitely one of the valid training plans. A lot of people just do easy spinning during the winter months, then start cranking it up during the spring/summer. Also helps with burnout as you can't go full out all the time. Great question for the STS forum though. Who takes care of your mother when she gets out of the hospital?

Carol, we've missed you. Glad you are popping in.

Got to shower and get my guns ready:7 :7 :7 . That's a scary thought, isn't it? Actually had a little incident last week that made me think we need to carry a handgun when we are out in the forest/desert.

Will check back later,

Jeanette

Morning Xers,

Round 3/Phase 3/Week 13/Day 1
Workout: Suppose to be Core Syn (I think!!) :D I ran 4 miles on TM because it is dang cold outside. :D

The DD's and I will be heading out shopping as soon as get myself showered. I need to find a new purse. :D Funny how I really want to change things up a bit with a purse. :D

Traci, Glad you are getting a relaxing weekend at the bay. It is just the girls and I this weekend. DH has auditions for the faire. I forgot all about this, but I thought he had to work. :7 :7 Guess watching people audition for faire is work too. :7 Thanks for the compliment on the dresses and the fitness. ;-)

Tracy, Good for you on the ACE. I am slowly wanting to do the same. :D But I am so not a person to study. Both of the things that I really want to do involve anatomy. :D I would like to go into massage therapy, but don't have the anatomy in my background. :-(

Sandra, Hope your workout is a goodie, and the fog has lifted from the brain.

Wendy, What a great question, that I don't know the answer too. :7 Hope your Mom gets better soon, will be sending my prayers her way. No more sneezing!!! Don't want you getting sick too.

Carol, You are more than welcome to come back to the Xer fold. Life has a way of inserting itself into our day. :7 So you are officially CarolX now CONGRATS!!!!! Sandra and I are also going to be doing the Feb rotation, so you should have some company. I won't be starting it until next Saturday though. I'm on my final recovery week.

Jeanette, Say it isn't so, you are not getting sick too. HEALING VIBES ALL OVER THE PLAY TO EVERYONE!!!!! Have fun with the target practice. My sister does the skeet (did I spell this right?)shooting with her DH. She is pretty good too. Oh I am so sorry to hear about your day yesterday.

Debra, How was your dinner with CBL. I did make a pasta dish last night that went over really well. And when I told them it was healthy I had three pairs of eyes look at me and said no way!! :7 But I did include some garlic bread for them too. :7

Nicole, Fog clear thy brain, hope you start feeling better soon. Guess I should try and find that radio station. It really is a very small world.

Wendy, I don't know if my DH could handle the other designers on Project Runway. Some of the make me crazy with some of the designs they come up with. :7 No German bride for him hey! :D Aggressive German women, who would have thunk it! My Dad has the full German heritage, so I know your DS is correct in his assesment. My Aunts are the ones that run the roost in their homes. :7

Well my DD's are ready with gift cards in hand, so I better get going on that shower. :D

Have a great day!

Laurie

I may see the end of this very long tunnel of sickness:p I am still tired and congested today but it's better than the rest of the week.

I am still resting today but will start back on Monday. I don't know which rotation to do yet but will figure that out later today.

I have a birthday party for my nephews to go to then a BBQ for a friend's new house. I hope it's not too much in one day.

Good news, I am down a total of 9 pounds since the 1st of February. I am so close to the 140's so I am happy. I have been eating so it's not just sick weight. I hope to keep on track and be at a happy 140 for life:)

I have to go get my medication and finish baking cookies for the parties. Have a good day all and I'll see you later!

Nicole

Bring it!!!
1008_10033769575.gif
[/url]

Hi all,

Just stopping by before I head downstairs to workout. Today didn't turn out to be a nice day. It is cold and windy. Oh well, I need to stay in catch up on homework, working out, cleaning, and studying.

Jeanette - I do think it is hard /if not impossible to make muscle and cardio endurance gains at the same time. I think you are right and you have to prioritize the focus of your workouts. I broadly think weights during the winter and cardio maintenance, then muscular maintenance and endurance /cardio gains in the summer. It works for me.

Wendy - Glad to hear Swifty is doing OK. Tell her we miss her. I can see how she has no time. The studying is part of the reason I feel so stressed. There are just not enough hours in the day and I'm trying to stick with my schedule. I plan to do the PT thing part time. I can't give up my job; the benefits are just too good.

Laurie - The anatomy is the worst, but it is just memorization. You could do it. It is just a matter of re-working your schedule! Debra will be learning the anatomy soon.

Nicole - Glad your weight is going in the right direction and you are feeling better. The flu/sickness seems to last for quite a while. It is like an epidemic here.

OK, I have to get back to my plans so that I can get as much done today as I need to.

Tracy

Hi all!!! I am finally here....after 1 pm...well, better late than never! DD has a birthday party to go to this afternoon, so she is looking forward to that. CBL and I had a wonderful time last night...Dinner was great, wine was lovely, and the mechanic did a good job...LOL! I am planning on doing PUB today, but feeling like lying down for a nap right now...so I think I will workout while DD is at her bday party.

Carol.....
How wonderful to see you!!!!! Congrats on finishing the X! Sorry the kids have been sick, but I guess it is that time of the year. Stop by and visit whenever you get the time...we love to hear from you!

Traci...
Waving as you head off to a relaxing weekend at the bay with all of your boys...I will catch up with you later.

Jeanette...
LOLOLOLOL about falling in front of your boss....that sooooo sounds like something I would do...having the phone wrapped around my ankle...I probably would have dragged someone else down with me if I could. What a day you had!! Funny about the hair, too. At least now you know that you don't have to spend time on it for it to look good...that is truly a good thing! So glad Granny is eating more. I know that makes all of you feel better.

Okay...I just wanted to say hi quickly....I will be back later to catch up with the rest of personals...Kisses to all!!!!

Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Good Saturday evening,

I just watched my parents and my daughter do Shaun T's Fit Kids Club workout. That's fun. Shaun's fun! He makes it tempting to buy Hip Hop Abs, for the fun factor if nothing else.

Time to catch up a bit (everyone's watching Hoodwinked - such a funny movie).

Wendy...Excellent question about cardio periodization. Did you actully post it? My guess is that it's just some form of changing up the cardio every 4 weeks or so, either in frequency or intensity. Why the Sudafed? Are you sick? I hope your mother is okay. Is Phil all recovered from his allergic reaction? That's a bit freaky. DS is going to Germany?! Wow! For how long? My mother isn't the Crazy Asian; my father is. We watched their video clips of Thailand last night. They saw some really interesting stuff. You like Jon and Stephen too? They're the only shows that I make an effort to watch. But Stephen does tend to interrupt people during the interviews a lot. I think it's part of the character. I love Waverly's graceful walking LOL! That's very sweet.

Carol...Well hello!! You're CarolX now? YAY!! Xellent! So, what do you think of the results? Will you ever do it again?

Jeanette...Ugh. I hope you're not getting sick, too. There's too much of that going around. How'd the shooting go? Tell us about the incident last week that leads you to think you need to carry a gun. Oh my goodness that was funny about your hair yesterday. Isn't that just the way? I love Oat Bran. Yum!!

LaurieXXX!!!!...Amazing! I hope you feel super proud of yourself. Did you find a nice purse? Fresh snow; how discouraging. Hopefully it all melts quickly.

Nicole...A light at the end of this sick tunnel? Woohoo!!! It's up to you to decide whether you've earned the XX. What do you think? Yes, everyone seems to be healthy again, thank you for asking. I'm so thankful we didn't end up with the endless saga you've been experiencing.

Debra...Crap, you just reminded me that DD#2 has a b-day party tomorrow, and I need to get the present wrapped. Glad you had a good evening with the mechanic and got a good tune up :) On the tiredness thing: is it possible that it is a result of low blood pressure, but that the low blood pressure is being caused by something other than the medicine you've been on for a few years? Did you doctor talk about any other possible causes? The unprepared state of other students always surprised me, too.

Kim...Oh! What a terrible situation for your sister!!! And my heart breaks for her friend. That's unspeakably sad. Incidentally, we were at WEM last Sunday, too. Isn't it funny to think we were in the same building? If that's a "quiet" weekend for you, then I want no part of a busy one LOL! My Super Saturdays are a vacation for you!

I had just a blast of a workout this morning. Just loved it. Step Blast is always a blast, and I'll be feeling that Ab Marathon tomorrow. All good stuff.

Movie's over. Time to go. Have a great evening!
SandraXX

Hi girls,
Had a good time this morning shooting different guns. The fella from work knows his stuff and is a great teacher. DH had a good time too and shot one of his handguns that he hadn't shot much before. It was cold and windy this morning, but got nicer later on. We drove by the golf course on the way home and sadly, there is still a lot of snow on it. I'm guessing we'll need a few weeks of warmer weather for it to melt. I guess I can always practice in my front yard with whiffle balls.

My DD and her family joined us for some shooting after the big handguns were put away. My grandson shoots pretty well already and he's only 9. He's been shooting varmints under his dad's supervision for several years. Afterwards, they all came to the house. DD helped me vacuum and do dishes. DH BBQ'd delicious tri-tip and our other DS came over to visit too. They all just left a few minutes ago.

I'm hoping to ride bikes tomorrow with the club, of course if I'm not sick. We'll see how I wake up.

Laurie, did you get a snazzy new purse? I always use mine until they are ratty, I'm bad that way. Hope the auditions went well today. So people have to try out to be in the faire? I think shooting skeet would be fun too. After shooting the 45 caliber and 357 guns today, my little 22 automatic seemed like a cap gun. Hope you had a good day shopping with your girls.

Nicole, good job on being down 9 pounds!!! Way to go! Hope the party today didn't tire you out too much. What rotation do you think you will do when you are feeling better?

Tracy, sorry the weather didn't cooperate today. We had lots of wind last night. I'm always worried something will come flying thru a window! Hate the wind.

Debra, so glad you had a nice time last night with CBL. Seems like you are getting all the right preventive maintenance done in a timely fashion. A good mechanic will do that }( . Yep, yesterday was a day I'd not like to repeat. Hate not getting to shower in the morning or do my hair. I'm so vain...always have been about my hair. I had no soreness at all from the fall yesterday, thank goodness. I didn't talk to my Mom today to see how Grandma is doing, but will tomorrow. Hope they don't start complaining that she's eating them out of house and home. LOL! Know it does my Mom's heart good to see GM eat heartily.

Sandra, sounds like everyone is having a good time and staying busy. Haven't seen Hoodwinked yet. Not even sure what it's about. A couple weeks ago, I was riding my bike alone on a usually pretty busy, fairly safe traffic-wise road (the road to the prison). There was like zero traffic on it as the shift change was over. I was by myself but had stopped to talk to a cyclist I knew that had just pulled up. A car pulled over, asking for directions to the prison. These 2 fellers were visitors to inmates at the maximum facility prison. I told them where the road was and the passenger tried to chat it up with me. He was a druggie looking guy, really seedy. They pulled ahead as they were facing the wrong direction, found a place to turn around and then pulled over again to try to talk to me. Gave me the creeps. They left for the prison, but it spooked me and I rode like crazy toward home, watching in my rear view mirror. There are very few houses on that stretch of road and they sit way back. I was thinking that if there wasn't visiting on that day (holiday), they might come back right away and be mad. I did not have my cell phone with me, just a small container of pepper spray on the handlebars for use on dogs. They never came back so guess visiting was a happening thing at the prison. I hate the feeling of being vulnerable. I've also been thinking about all the times that DH and I go out to the desert and forest and usually don't carry any protection. Anyway, today's target practice and looking at handguns was all part of me thinking about carrying some kind of protection. When we camp, I worry about bears too so it would be for that kind of protection.

Well, must go get some water. My throat is a bit scratchy.

Night all!

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.