X-er's Check=in Thu Jan 11, 2007

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning!

Looks like I am first today. Did Legs and Back and was really having to push myself. I only did the first half, but at least I did something. I completely "hit the wall". Will be doing some treadmill work tomorrow so I hope it goes better than today.

See you all later.. hope everyone has a good workout today

Deb B

Deb B - we posted at the same time. I just moved mine over here. Sorry you hit the wall that happens some times, I'm sure tomorrow will be better.

Hi all,

Last night I really mentally didn't want to workout, but I did anyways. It's interesting because even though I really wasn't that into it, I increased all of my weights, but then felt I had to assist more on the pull/chin ups. I can't do any of those anyway, they are so darn hard. I worked my biceps to complete failure, so I'm hoping I'll see some results. I tacked on the abs from HST, I think that's what it's called and used 1lb ankle weights and the med ball. I'm determined to take my core to the next level, whereever that is.....Today is yoga x and I'm going to do Brian Kest Sweat and either LM or a run. It's cold here now.

Finally catching up on personals,

Deb B – Wow great on the weight loss. Maybe you could find a shorter yoga to start with. It really is good for you. I don’t blame you for subbing though; I hate spending time and feeling like I’m not really doing anything of benefit.

Traci – Personally I think that we are all bringing it on some level by just working out everyday and setting goals for ourselves, so who cares if a few workouts are not 100%. I really don’t think that any athlete goes out and performs at their best every day. I want the master’s series, but I may have to have a complete break from Tony before I go back again. Ninety days is a long time and I think part of it is that this is just so intense and I’ve never worked this hard continuously for ninety days, not with weight work anyway.

Monica – I hope you enjoyed KPC. I haven’t done it in it’s entirety in a long time. I require a longer warm-up for plyo x than the few minutes Tony does to so I did LM warm-up and first step section and then plyo x. That way I felt like I could give it my all from the start.

Laurie – I know I wasn’t bringing it with my Cathe workouts either. I will have a whole new mindset when I return to them.

Buffy – I had some mild DOMS from ch/sh/tri, which unfortunately lasted for two days.

Lea – I hope you feel better. There is nothing worse than being sick and especially with young kids. I’ve been in bed the last 2 nights at 8:30 and fallen asleep right away. I hope the extra sleep keeps me from getting sick too.

Jeanette – My left lat was weaker for a long time and I used to add a few extra reps to that side. I wouldn’t continue with the strong side because then it will get stronger. I think muscle imbalance can cause injury. Now they are close to equal. I’d definitely always switch sides that you start with like Sandra said.

Monica – I’m sure you will get some definition in your biceps from B& B. Do you try to work to failure? During phase 1 I was tentative about that, but I feel that I have a pretty strong muscle base now and I worked until failure for every exercise in B & B. I think Tony wants to look as good as possible, maybe a little vanity there, but he really is in good shape.

Sandra – If you’re supposed to do an oblique crunch with the rock star hops then I’m not doing them right. I’m still trying to land quietly. I can for the first side, but on the second it’s quite loud and not very plyo like. Remember, the sooner you get that thesis done, the sooner you will never have to look at it again. That was a huge motivator for me.

Gayle – You are doing great with the weight work and the swimming. Great job for using the 20s. I love shoulders and arms.

X – Glad you enjoyed HCE#3. I love that whole series and thought I might do LM if I don’t go for a run this afternoon. I don’t think subbing a workout here and there is a problem, especially the cardio. I’ve added extra cardio and leg work all along.

Debra – Going to Charleston, SC? It’s supposed to be really pretty. I hope the weather will be nice for you. The east is having a cold spell now, but last weekend was 70. Down there it should be milder. I hope you found something, I never do when I’m really looking for something. Enjoy your rest day.

Jeanette – Great job getting the Dh involved. I’m going to stick it out until the end too, but I have to complain a little. After working on the dissertation I’m pretty anal about finishing things and that combined with my addictive workout behavior is deadly. I had a little fat jiggle doing plyo x yesterday and I didn’t like it. I don’t think I’ll ever be able to get rid of that fat at the bottom of my butt. Oh well, I just try not to look at it!

Wishing great workouts to all,

Tracy

Good Morning to all X'ers!
Will come back w/ personals a bit later today...(betcha just cant wait!):p
My upper body is really really sore from yesterdays Sculpt 5/6. I was really happy that I was able to increase weights on all and am also still VERY excited to know that Master Series is exact exercises as P90X just in different format. Makes me feel secure that this type of workout wasnt a P90X "fluke".
Today is Legs & back.... look out sneaky lunges!!! A few moves were in yesterdays w/o but we'll just call it extra work for the problem areas! I may throw in a 30 minute cardio but probably just CardioX for something lite & fun.
Also completed yesterday yoga... a new one I got by Ellen Barrett:
Crunch Series: Super SlimDown Yoga Pilates Blend. AWESOME!!!! This is how imagined a Cathe Yoga might flow & be designed. If I had started w/ this one years ago I would have been sold on yoga. I also added on KPC stability ball abs and for the first time ever was able to complete a plank/pike on the ball.... THANK YOU P90X!!!!!!!!
Guesss there is proof everyday in some way that I am stronger/ more fit.

Back later ladies.... Have an incredibly awesome day flexing!:7

LEAN/Phase 2/Week 5/Day 2

Yesterday, I did Core Syn. It went pretty much the same. I'm kind of getting a little frustrated here because I don't seem to be increasing any weights on anything or getting better at anything, except ARX, which that is great, so I shouldn't complain. So many of you are posting on your increases, but I'm in Phase 2, and really not seeing much in the way of strength gains. Also, I noticed my tailbone is hurting so that I couldn't do the boats last night on Core Syn. I think it's because of all the work that's done on the butt-ocks in ARX. I hope it gets better soon because I have ARX tomorrow, and I don't want to miss it, since I'm starting to do more of it without breaks.

Deb B - Hey, you early bird! Sorry about your Legs and Back workout. We all have those days, I know I certainly do! I know what you mean about the food thing. I can’t get rid of the mentality that, “Well, I’ve worked out so hard, I deserve to eat this.” or, “That’s why I work out - so I can eat this.” I KNOW that it isn’t a good attitude, and I really TRY to eat as healthy as I can, but it’s such a struggle for me. I think I’m addicted to sugar. I’ve pretty much sworn off other types of junk food, but I don’t think I could get through the day without a cookie or something sweet. I do feel like an addict sometimes, always thinking about where I can score the next Hershey’s Kiss or M & M’s. I’m not too familiar with BFL. What kind of eating program is it? Congratulations for being down 2 pounds, though! That’s terrific, and certainly better than if you weren’t doing P90X!

Laurie - I know exactly what you mean by not really bringing it when doing Cathe. I did KPC last week and I could really tell that it’s much different from P90X. I think Cathe’s moves are so fast that I don’t really have a chance to focus on form as much, but I love the fun factor with Cathe’s workouts. With KPC, I tried to focus on form like I would with KenpoX, but the moves are so fast, I forgot to a lot of the time.

Buffy - Way to go on Ch-Sh-Tris! I really like that one, but might not the second time through. I do hate push-ups, but the variety made it not so terrible. I modified most of the time, and could do the one-arm push-ups on my knees. I could only do about 4 of the clap push-ups. I’m hoping I’ll see improvement as the program progresses.

Lea - Oh, Lea, I’m so sorry that you’re getting sick. Are the in-laws coming today? It’s so difficult to try to be entertaining when you don’t feel well. Try to get some rest and take care of yourself. The P90X will be here when you get back.

Traci - Wow, the yoga from Ellen Barrett sounds great! Does it get your heart rate up? How long is is? Are there many of the same moves in YogaX? That's the only yoga I've ever done, so I can't really compare. It's something I might look into, since I've found I actually like yoga. Your core must be getting super strong to do all that core work yesterday! That's a great feeling! Sounds like the Masters Series is a nice alternative to P90X. Are you planning on doing a whole rotation with it, or just supplement with different workouts from the set? Do you think we could keep up the muscle confusion thing since it sounds like the exercises are pretty similar to P90X? You’re making me want to order some new workouts! I get so easily bored with workouts, I constantly need to update my collection. I’ve still got a ways to go with P90X, but I better start thinking about it.

Jeanette - Sounds like Back and Biceps is a great workout! Sometimes I’m not quite sure when or if I should increase my weight, or by how much. At this point, I haven’t increased anything, because none of it seems too easy yet. Maybe because I’m doing the Lean rotation, I won’t see as much strength gains. Did you go ahead and do ARX with weights? I’m still working on getting through the thing without taking breaks. (LOL)

Monica - I’m with you on the variety of workouts, too! Actually this is the first time I’ve ever done a rotation at all. It will be interesting to see what this program does for my body, since I’m so used to just popping in whatever I feel like doing that day. It’s taking more stamina than I thought it would, but it’s nice to have a program already lined out and I know exactly what I’m supposed to do each day. (Even if I dread the particular workout! LOL) I also agree with you about Dreya being over confident. When she does all those bows and arm sweeps whenever Tony‘s saying how she invented this and that and how great she is, I give the TV quite a sour facial expression!

Sandra - OMG, I LOVE your preferential way to spend the day! It’s my dream day! I’m in Kansas, and we haven’t had diddly squat in the way of stay in the house and get cozy weather. I keep hoping for a weather system that will close the schools, but my DH has to feed cattle in bad weather, so he curses my wishes for blizzards! LOL, no I decided I needed the back work in Legs and Back so I went ahead and did that instead. So many people on the Cathe boards love the Legs and Glues workout so I’m definitely going to give it a try in the near future. I’ll let you know! I usually do my research and writing on the weekends, so as you can probably see, I have no social life. There is a TON of reading material, which I cram into every second I can, but usually at night, after working out, I read my assignments in bed. LOVE the idea of a “snoring room.” LOL! I’m going to have to see if we can build one onto our house! BTW, not sure about the rock star hops. I can see what you’re saying, but I don’t know which is correct. Basically, I’m concentrating on getting off the ground and landing fairly lightly, so I haven’t thought about it. I’m interested to see what others have to say.

Gayle - Wow, 20 lbs. on biceps! I don’t know if I’m ready for that, but I can do 20 lbs. on Cathe’s Muscle Endurance so maybe I’ll give it a shot. I don’t do Shoulders and Arms in Phase 2, though, so I’ll let you know at Week 11. (Sigh, that seems so far away at this point.)

X - I’m still trying to get though ARX, too. I’m still debating whether to get the Master’s Series. You think it will still result in muscle confusion? It’s hard to know, since I haven’t seen any clips of the workouts. Cardio Intervals sounds good, though. I’m kinda thinking of getting Cathe’s Gym Style series, too, for Life After P90X. What are you thinking of doing post-P90X? Do you have a rotation in mind that mixes Cathe and the Master’s Series? I haven’t decided yet.

Debra - You got some new spring clothes? Oh, I can’t wait to go shopping and see all the new stuff. I’m hoping that I’ll have some “gorgeous” arms to show off! (Maybe not so much with the legs, yet.) I have a 20th class reunion and I really want to look great, so I’ve got to get some new clothes to show off my results, right? I agree that I could see myself using Core Syn. on a regular basis when not doing P90X. What kind of rotation do you plan on using with Cathe videos when you’re done? Do you have some workouts in mind yet?

Hope everyone has great workouts today and I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone's up to today!

Stephanie

Good Morning Xers!

Didn't get to post yesterday. Work was a little too crazy.

Doubles/ph3/week 1/day 5

Yesterday was Yoga X. Felt awesome! I'm so excited that I like Yoga. My mom and MIL have been doing it for years, and always tell me how much they like it. Now I can join in the praise. I really think most of my muscle definition in my legs has come from all the static-lunge-type poses in Yoga. Those reach through the leg, behind the back and twist thingys still burn the heck out of my glutes and quads though. At least I didn't tumble and fall on prayer twist.

Tonight is cardio (probably Cathe step for 20-25 minutes), L&B, and ARX. Sort of dreading it. My muscles are sore from... well... just everything.

Traci - Glad to hear you like Ellen Barrett. Gives me a another video to check out for the Yoga sub in my next rotation. I was really challenged by Yoga X at first and want to feel the same way when I purchase my next Yoga DVD. Although an hour and a half of Yoga tends to drag on some days, I really like the Power Yoga, balance postures, stretch, abs, stretch flow of Yoga X. I think there's definite support behind why Yoga X is an hour and a half. I actually want to hold some poses longer at this point.

Stephanie - About your comments on weight increases... I haven't really increased my weight so much in this program. I'm actually pretty stagnant with the rep increases as well. I've noticed that most of the time I'm using heavier weights than the women in the videos anyway (thanks to Cathe). What I've noticed the most, for an example, are things like doing biceps. I use 15s for all those exercises. When doing Cathe PUB, I DREADED the 16 curls you do with the 15s at the top of the bicep pyramid. Now, I'm sure I could do them with a little more ease. Also, in picking up the weights, I don't feel like they're so heavy, if you know what I mean. I focus more on the fact that it actually feels easier, not that I'm not increasing. Keep up the good work. You'll definitely find that weight increase or no weight increase, you'll still see results if you're focusing on form.

Have wonderful days and workouts!

Will do some personals as I am procrastinating and trying to get the groggies to go away!

CL/ PH 3 / Week 2/ Day 5 Let the Countdown begin!!!

FOOD FOR THOUGHT : One thing I was re-reading about yesterday in the Body For Life Book that I adore is that any fitness challenge like P90X- BFL- any long term training program is equally as much about who you discover you are and who you push yourself to become as it is about body/strength gains. Theres a lot of truth in that .... This program is really a reflection of my life in many ways.... Theres the HIGH of "new"- Theres the HIGH of "physical changes" theres the LOWS of boredom- theres the LOWS of monotony * predictability- Theres the LOWS of not being able to see changes taking place internally- Theres the HIGHS of mentally pushing thru a plateau- .... The CHALLENGE of doing someones else's program vs MY WAY! So many life parallels for me. I am taking this last stretch as a life lesson about myself...whats good & what needs to be re-evaluated ..... It really has become less about the physical changes - I "see" those but more about what I am really made of and who I want to be long after P90X is put on the shelf.
Just a look at my internal dialogue............

STEPHANIE: Core Syn is one workout I dont see a "measurable" gain either. I only do it on recovery weeks so thats part of it but YES I think the core region gets so worked in P90X that it probably just is muscle fatigue. I also think its very difficult to identify gains without a log of some sort. If it were me I'd gage my gains by weight work & ARX. Also keep in mind that many people on BB Boards report Phase 3 as an explosive phase for their bodies. I increased wts in phase 2 but have really seen strength gains this phase. 1 thing I dis from the start was starting w/ a wt I KNEW I couldnt completed more than 3 or 4 reps w/...pausing at fatigue and going to next wt down to finish out. Not sure if thats why I have had the gains or not but something to think about. Physically I am strong like a bull now (compared to start) mentally is where I am struggling. You'll get "there" wherever that may be. Ellen barretts keep my HR in lower end of training zone which is nice for me as even strength training sends mine soaring! Its also chaptered which is cool! Another way Cathe has totally spoiled me. With Master Series I have created a rotation that I will be starting after P90X. There isnt a "rotation" per se' that BB send with it- more a guide. Its the following format so I'll use all the strength (sculpt) from either P90X- MS- SH & GS the Sweat days I'll vary between Tonys and less intense Cathe. I am a bit sad but my body just doesnt respond well to all of the long hard core cardio... This will probably be the generic rotation I have to do for a long long time as my body responds. Sculpt, Sweat & Abs. Sculpt, Plyo/Intervals, Sculpt, Ab Cardio

DEB: No worries on hitting the wall today.... I found that perfectly "normal" in this rotation. Its effects are cummulative remember so its very normal for certain parts to feel overtrained. Thank goodness for recovery weeks... I never believed in them before but I have them duely noted for all future workouts/rotations.

TRACY: AWESOME in breaking thru the "dont wannas!" Its funny because until yesterdays w/o I thought I was burning out on Tony or format... After doing a Master Series tho I realized that its the "predictabilty" factor that I am working thru not Tony. I hate to say but I struggle w/ doing Cathe and Tony in same day..... Its like its 2 different mental zones in my brain and when I have tried a Cathe cardio + Tony its like my brain is not happy or something. WEIRD! .... I guess I am going to keep my Tony/Cathe days seperate post P90X and other than ab add ons I will leave Cathe on the shelf for a few more weeks.

DB: Way to bring t in YOGA yesterday! You are my Yoga Hero!! Lol.... My bod is sore today as well...2 more days til rest! ahhhhhhhhhhhh You are WAY to advanced for this particular Ellen Barrett Yoga girl! I know she does more advanced stuff so do look into her... I like her personality/cueing.

I'll be back for yesterdays personals in a bit- gotta get java and stretch out these shoulders a bit!

Hugs to all who post later!

:7

Morning X'rs,

Today will be YogaX looking forward to this one. I didn't think I would every say this, but I need to add Yoga into my rotation every week. I really like how it works my whole body. I know have in my possesion a Bryan Krest DVD Power Yoga Complete Collection. I have heard so many positives on the workouts and that Bryan is really good looking. Will I be able to concentrate on the workout?

Traci, I have been looking at some of the other Tony work outs myself. I'm interested in what you think of them also.

Sandra, When doing work outs I have a tendency to just go with the flow. Just for my mindset I need to put the HR monitor on so I know I'm not pushing too hard or I need to step it up a bit. Making my self put the HR monitor has shown me that I can put the effort into it and it won't kill me. :D Or I can go slower than the speed that Cathe is going on weights and still get where I want to go. Hope I explained that well enough.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Morning ladies,

Classic/Phase 2/Week 2/Day 4

Today was Bryan Kest Power Yoga #1 - Energize. Good workout. He's great and I like what he says about respecting yourself and how flexible or not you are. If you can feel it, you are doing it right. Doesn't matter if you can't touch your head to your knees or whatever. Worked DH out last night doing a short segment of C-S-T and then AbX. He's sore today, but he's happy he's feeling something.

Deb B, sorry you "hit the wall" on L&B today. Can you figure out why? Hope you feel better later on.

Tracy, you did good to increase weights & reps! My biggest change I've noticed is my core just feels tighter (most of the time). Enjoy Bryan today. I sure did! I'll try to add in some extra reps on my weaker left side. Hate it when it gives out but the right side still wants to go. I don't want to create any more muscle imbalance for sure. I know what you mean about that fat on the butt. I think it's here to stay, sorry to say. Maybe in like 2nd grade it wasn't fat. I remember always having that there.

Traci, thanks again for sending the P90MS sheets. I need to be more meticulous with any weight workouts in the future. Why do them if we are just going thru the motions to finish along with the instructor. P90X has been a whole new eye opener for me. That yoga workout sounds great! I'll have to look into that one.

Stephanie, I'm sorry you aren't seeing strength gains in Phase 2 yet. I have so much fat on my tailbone area that it never hurts LOL! I'm not addicted to sugar so much, it's the salty stuff like chips. I sure pay big time for the salt with water retention, which I'm feeling today. I've only done Core Syn twice (during the recovery week), but I can see myself using that one on a more regular basis later on. the only weights I used last night for AbX was a 5# DB during the mason twists, which were not a problem at all. I think I'll up that do an 8#er. Maybe I'll wear my weighted gloves next time too. AbX has gotten a lot easier for me. Poor DH struggled badly.

DB, glad you have enjoyed Yoga. I love it but need to keep doing it on a regular basis. Yep, those are leg burners, the around the back and grab the other fingers move. Weren't too bad today in Bryan Kest Energize. Guess my legs are getting a bit stronger.

Traci, you are right on in the correlation between this program and life itself. I get discouraged with the water weight thing and want to change stuff up when I just need to stick with it, drink more water, (throw away the potato chip bag). Love your internal dialogue. I need to focus on the positives I'm receiving from this rotation, heck in general with exercising. We are all so fortunate that we can exercise, have all of our limbs, good lungs, etc. I'm going to try to hold these thoughts today at work.

Laurie, enjoy Bryan Kest today, okay? Try not to lose your balance while looking at him.

Got to go now, but will be thinking of all of you today. Oh yeah, I'm taking tomorrow off from work and with the weekend and Martin Luther King holiday on Monday, it'll be a 4 day weekend! I really need to get motivated and start painting those rooms in the house. How sobering. Got to stay positive now...

Jeanette :7 :7

Hello sweet ladies!! Hope you are all having a good day...and sneaking in those pesky workouts!!

Classic/ph 2/wk2/day7...rest woo hoo!

I am actually planning on doing some Cathe Stretch Max today. Last time I did Stretch X I tweaked my shoulder a bit. I think I pushed too hard...partially because Tony pushes the "kids" hard...So I am going to do an easy stretch and take it easy today...I seem to be needing more sleep lately. I did finally do Kenpo yesterday and my heart rate was actually higher during the block section than during some of the other parts..my abs are feeling it this morning too! I really tried to concentrate on putting the "brakes" on the block moves with my arm, shoulder, and back muscles...like I was bracing myself and of course holding my core tight.

Jeanette...lol about not falling down while looking at Bryan Kest...at first I thought I didn't like the long hair, but while he was waliking around in those jean shorts, I decided he looked pretty good!!! I also noticed that I was able to do the twist thing around the back this week with Bryan..so I felt pretty good about that too!! I think his thoughts on yoga are like mine about pushing yourself to do more, but respecting yourself and your abilities at the same time. Hope you have fun on your days off...and think how much longer you will be able to paint with that strong upper body you have developed!!!

Laurie... I am sure you will enjoy Bryan Kest today!

Traci...I know that I have learned a lot about my body and how my workouts should be arranged from this series, too. I have never used a set rotation before...pretty much what I wanted to do I did (like the rest of my hedonist tendencies... lol) But I see now that planning out a specific rotation will be helpful in keeping track as well as writing down weights used... Cathe mentions having a notebook handy in several of her videos, but I have never done it...But I certainly will in the future! Have fun with those sneaky lunges today!! Got to tell you..I love those!!!!

DB..glad you enjoyed yoga yesterday...No wonder you're sore all over today!! Have fun with Cathe this evening. And good luck with legs and back!

Stephanie...I am sure you will look great for your 20th! Since you are doing the lean rotation, I wouldn't think you should be increasing your weights the way someone in classic would...Just from the nature of the rotation...I was looking for more definition which is why I am doing the classic....I also think it's easier to gauge when your muscle will hit failure if you are doing less reps. If I get to 6 reps and it's getting REALLY hard, I just rest a sec and pump out my other 2 reps...which I think leads me to pick up heavier weights to challenge myself to start....But with the lean rotation I would think it would be harder to pick those weights that challenge you at the right time during your reps. I am sure you are making wonderful lean muscle without having to raise your weights. As far as post X, I will probably keep on a similar rotation as X just using Slow and Heavy and Gym Styles and Pyramid...plus Cathe cardio
and kickboxing with maybe some running thrown in to help get my cardio capacity up a bit. I will definitely use a Bryan Kest yoga once a week...and maybe add core syn in every other week or so.

Tracy...Have fun with Bryan today..I think he is a nice change from Tony. I didn't feel like working out yesterday either, but I felt much better once I did. It's great you were able to up your weights!!! Biceps are my weak area and I really struggle with those. I bet your abs are amazing with all the extra weight you are using. Way to go!!

Deb....Sorry you hit that wall today...I hate that feeling...I am sure you will feel better tomorrow. Make sure you are giving your body the fuel it needs as well as the rest it needs...I know easier said than done!! Good luck!

I am sure some others posted while I was rambling on, so I will bbl to read about everyone's day!!

Debra

Bite off more than you can chew. Then chew it---Ella Williams

CL/PH2/WK2/Day4

Good morning,

Gayle - I made a similar comment about Dreya's weights in S&A, a few weeks ago. I'm sure she could lift heavier. Maybe for the videos she's going for great form, and not wanting to appear intimidating? I'm 36 years old, married (13 years) with 2 daughters: 6yrs and 15mths. We live in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. We moved here from southwestern Ontario in 1996 so I could write my PhD at the University of Alberta. I'm still working on that beast, as I know I've mentioned a bazillion times already. The end is in sight, though. Tell us about yourself! :)

Traci - what a clever way to get a workout in, yesterday! Great idea! I don't feel like I "bring it" 100% with each and every workout, either. I think that's part of the "burn out" feeling with these workouts. Every workout requires a strong mental focus, and some days that just isn't there. When I was planning my own workouts, I could sub something lighter if I just wasn't with it that day. But I guess that's what we signed up for with P90X-treme, isn't it? We wanted to be challenged to go farther than we have ever gone before. Having said that, there is such a thing as wasting your time, and if subbing something else helps you stay with the program and get over a hump, then you owe it to yourself to do that. I also agree with the others who have said you are a great motivator for the rest of us. Thank you for your outstanding leadership. You did a PIKE!?!? I'm jumping for joy for you!!!! And I'm going to take note of that Crunch yoga workout. I'm always on the prowl for good yoga. There's a series that plays on tv called "Namaste"; 22 min yoga sessions that are all about nice, gentle flows. I bought Season One on dvd, and will buy Season Two when they sell it. The scenery is breathtaking, the women are beautiful to look at (in a very athletic way), the music is lovely, and the movements are not overly strenuous. If you get a chance to do one of these workouts, I can't recommend them highly enough. I loved reading your internal dialogue. When you give the program a deeper purpose, it makes it so much more worth while, and you will get so much more out of it. I'll try to do the same :)

X - my post-X rotation will be more of the same, but using Cathe. I might do something like: Wk1: GS one body part, 30 min cardio x 6 days a week; Wk2: GS whole workout 3 x a week, alt with 60 min cardio 3x a week. Then do weeks 3 & 4 the same way, but using the SH series. Then take a "recovery" week and use workouts like Drill Max, High Step Challenge, Bootcamp, HSTA, CoreMax, StretchMax. Repeat (but interchange cardios for variety). I'm looking forward to this. Wish I was ready to start it now :) One thing that's keeping me on track with P90X at the moment is that all of the workouts are doable in my main-floor playroom. For space reasons I have to do my Cathe's in the basement, and we are just about to drywall down there, and I also can't watch the baby down there. So, P90X wins out right now. I'm glad those workouts are so doable in such limited space, and with less equipment than Cathe. That's a huge bonus in my book. I don't plan on doing ARX with a weight any time soon, either. I have to make very few modifications anymore, no longer need to take breaks, but it still feels challenging.

Debra - wow, to be thinking about spring already! Given the system that just blew into Edmonton, it looks like it's a looooong way off. We've had snow as late as June in these parts (not common, but has been known to happen). I know what you mean about finding a day with no other commitments: ain't gonna happen until the kids move out LOL! Mind you, the ObGyn put me on 9 weeks of "bedrest" when I was expecting DD2, and I just about went bonkers from all the "relaxation." How are your forearms today? I have to say I like that pump. Makes me feel strong LOL! Going to visit your best friend sounds like a ton of fun! How often do you see her?

Tracy - so, once you got yourself motivated to do B&B yesterday, how did it feel? Was it worth your time? How far are you from the end? IIRC, you're in phase 3, aren't you? I got the impression about the oblique crunch in the rock-star hops when I watched Tim. Now, he has an artifical leg, so perhaps that makes him do it a bit differently than the rest. I'll watch again. But if you *aren't* crunching to the left or the right, then what's the purpose of switching sides? Why not just switch arm positions the second time through? I will watch it today and see if I can answer my own question. Never having to see the project again is also a huge motivator for me. Thank you so much for all your tidbits. You are very helpful!!

Monica - no, I've never noticed how sweaty Tim gets. I'll check the next time I do the workout. They sometimes make it sound like the warm-up is killer. I find it too short, and not as effective as Cathe's. Oh well. To each his own, right?

Jeanette - LOL at your groaning DH! Good thing there's no kids around to hear....I don't recall the bit where Tony tells Phil to get out of here. I'll be listening for it next time. I thought Tony was interesting during the clips we saw online of the making of the series. He seemed much tougher on the people than he is on the dvds. But they all seem to like him anyway. He is a bit wacky. I was thinking about getting DD1 his "Tony and the Kids" workout, but then thought that would probably ruin all credibility I have in him. Well, even if you can't ride this weekend, have a nice walk. Just getting outside is rejuvenating, isn't it? Happy painting. At least you're not drywalling.....

Deb B - oh dear. Hitting the wall is not pleasant. Nurture yourself with some good-quality carbs today, so you have nice energy for tomorrow.

Stephanie - I've got the mildy-tender tailbone going on from ARX, too. It's not so bad that it's impinging on my workouts, though. Perhaps you can put extra padding underneath your butt for some of the moves? I can't imagine that the Lean rotation is going to give much in way of strength gains. To get stronger, you need to make larger muscles. To make larger muscles, you need to lift heavier, and max out at 8-10 reps. My understanding of the lean rotation is that it will work to tone your existing muscle, and probably burns more body fat during the workout, as their would be more/longer cardio effects happening. Are you seeing improvements in your muscles tone? Endurance levels? Yes, I imagine you have no room for anything social, with your calendar! I try to work on the weekends, when DH is home to watch the kids, but seem to have even less success then. I really blame the kids. :) They're just so darn precious to me that I want to make good memories for them. I don't think you have children, do you? I can't imagine how you could do all you do, if you're a mom, too!

DB - those twisty-things get my glutes and hamstrings super good, too.

Laurie - thanks for the HR explanation. Sounds like it's a very useful tool for you! Enjoy YogaX today!

Okay, I've got to get some work done. Have a great day! I'll be back later to read all of you who posted while I was writing this tomb, as well as those of you who workout later in the day. Cheers,
Sandra

11:15am Back for more personals.... Waiting til 3pm to do Legs & back. Feeling sluggish from AM sinus meds....

LAURIE: Very profound insight about auto pilot.;-) I think I forot that I do that any time I dont use a variety of instructors. Enjoy YOGA DAY!!!! I have such a love for yoga now & I was the official Anti-Yoga Poster Child in the beginning of this! See how this old dog is still learning? LOVE every single Master Series I previewed this am. Only 5 workouts (can be purchased alacarte) but they are PERFECT as P90X companions in my opinion!!!! Just different enough to shake things up but not so different that you go HUH????

BUFFY: Tired Legs I understand! Some days I swear theres lead in mine}( ... still am amazed that its all without heavy lifting! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

LEA: Oh my goodness... a bug is trying to get ya! Take it easy - sip some tea & lemon & honey...if that doesnt help add some whiskey for a hot toddie!;-)

JEANETTE:7 :7 We phase 3'ers are surely loving on you!!! I so need to keep reading how you are gang busters even mid phase 2. Your mental capacity is admirable... I'm not quitting thats for sure.... I thought about how I would feel about myself in 2 weeks if I quit 3 weeks remaining...What would that tell the world & myself about who I am in this world???? Not what I want to be! I may complain & moan a bit more this phase but never doubt my resolve to FINISH! I am remembering my 1999 Marathon Training...SIX months I put into that and the final 2 miles of marathon I so was ready to just say screw it...then I remembered that the last 2 miles was what the entire 6 month training was about and couldnt bring myself to have it all be for nothing...so bloody feet and cramps onward I went. Took 4.5 hours to finish but it has been my proudest moment in my entire life. I look at that medal often throughout this series....
I am so happy for your DH making efforts to get in shape. Kudos as it isnt an easy decision to make.

MONICA::7 Sorry about blisters... I bought a cheap pair of lifting gloves at Walmart about a year ago- they need replacing now but still have not had blister/sweat issues. BTW: Thank Heavens Dreyas only in 2 of 5 Master Series!!!lol

SANDRA: :7 Keep visualizing that perfect day...ya never know!!!!!
Rock Star Hops & Obliques.... heck if I know... I am so dang worried about my knees popping out that I rarely do more than 1 or 2 and then just do high jog running! Some help I am eh??? BTW: You forgot to tell Gayle that you are my adopted mom even tho I have 8 years on you! Oh to have had your wisdom & maturity at 36! Can I have a re-do please??? I've watched Namaste Yoga as I fall asleep some nights...I love that womans voice & music... ya think I'd get even MORE benefit from doing it??? Theres a thought! lolol

GAYLE: 20#s for biceps... WOW- You & Sandra can be competitors I'm lucky to do the lawnmowers & heavy pants with 20's - at least for first set! I am a 44 yr young;-) - 5 year married lady. No kids for DH and I in any of past marriages.... 3 WONDERFUL dogs that are more than enough for us to love & take care of. I "retired" about 15 months ago. 25 years in corporate America + self employed the last few.... Couldnt deal w/ all the unethical behavior any longer and extensive travel was not good for a new marriage. I volunteer for Houston Hospice and ALS but may decide to get a part-time no brainer kinda job... not sure. We are avid boaters/fishermen & have a house at the beach we are at 3-5 days a week in 9 warmer months we are blessed with. (working puts a cramp in that!) DH runs his own company (technology) that in 5 years has grown from 5 to 40 employees so he is a VERY busy man. Thats about it for my life... Thansk for always sharing with us about yours...I like to know my peers as well!

DEBRA: Love spring clothes shopping too! Your trip sounds like a great treat for all your hard work! ENJOY REST DAY!!!! And I'm with ya! I will never again lift weights without a log sheet! Easy to create a master format & just insert exercises. I "hurt" myself a few weeks ago w/ Stretch X- The KIDS are alot more flexible than I! darn it!!!

X: LOL on "throw in some Cathe..." Personally P90X was so different than anything I have ever done/tried before I really didnt want to "do it my way". I have a hard time following rules anyway so this is also an experiment in giving up control from the old ways and opening myself to a new experience. The weeks I have added in some Cathe havent been a positive experience for me mentally or physically so Phase 3 is all about sticking w/ Tony and his training philosophies... If I dont how will I ever know what would have been the results? Thats just my thinking based on my goals... I think its fine for anyone to work the program as they see fits their own goals. We all have to figure out our best path dont we? BTW: You mentioned something about Master Series & using Ab Ripper 200 & Cardio Sweat..... Are you aware that those 2 are not part of the Master Series package?
Plyo Legs (plyoX)
Sweat 5/6 (Plyo, CardioX, CoreSyn, Yoga)
Core Cardio (Core Syn, ARX)
Cardio Intervals (plyo, cardio X)
UML (upper, middle, lower (ARX!!!)
Sculpt 5/6 (All body parts)
Just wanted to make sure you got what you thought you were getting

TRACY: Hope Yoga w/ Kest was EXACTLY what you needed today!! We're so close now! ^^^^^^5

BTW: Its now 45 minutes since I started this post...Guess Iknow where my day goes!!! Off to conquer the day !!! back Later!

He he. Two things I just couldn't resist: checking the forum for new messages, and updating my profile. Love ya, Traci,

Sandra

Just popping in quickly again! I love reading everyone's posts when I'm supposed to be working! (ha) Yes, Sandra, I totally know what you mean about making precious memories with your children - Actually I have 3: DS who's 14, another DS who's 8, and a DD who's 3. I couldn't do it without my supportive DH. I usually wait until the kids are in bed before working out. Sometimes, my DS (14) "babysits" for an hour, too, and my DH picks them up from school, etc. when I have class. They're such a great support team and they know how important it is for me to get in my workouts! I know that might sound selfish, but I still feel like I spend quality time with my children. I only have a little bit left on my Master's and a lot of classes I take are online, so we have a pretty set routine to follow. That's why I have to wait until my kids are grown to tackle that Dr. :) Take care everyone! Got another basketball game to go to tonight!

Stephanie

It's a good day. A very good day. Better than a good day. An E-X-ELLENT DAY!!!!!! I have just emailed FOUR revised chapters to my supervisor!! That was the goal I set for myself on Monday morning, and I actually achieved it! OMG it feels so good. I have been dread, dread, dreading the editing of these chapters. Been procrastinating on them for months, if not years. Wow. And I feel good about them, too. I think I improved them substantially - yes, I BROUGHT IT to my writing. I just wanted to share the good news with you all, since you've had to endure my complaining for the past number of weeks. Only 2 more chapters to edit, and I will plan for that next week. Good grief. A stunning realization: I now have the next THREE DAYS "off" - WITHOUT GUILT!!! I'm about giddy, I tell you! I don't remember the last time I've had three completely guilt-free days!

Okay, I haven't done YogaX yet today. I'm really looking forward to it. I'll try to squeeze it in after I pick DD up from the bus stop this afternoon; before dinner. Hmmmm, maybe tonight calls for dinner out.....

I've got to stop typing. My right wrist has no strength left in it. I'll give it some rest, and come back and reply to the more recent posts.

Doing the happy dance,
Sandra

Hi X Babes!

Classic Hybbrid/Ph1/Wk2/Day3

Shoulders and Arms- "find the burn"

S&A went well w/ both Hubby and I. We are up like clockwork at 5am and take turns putting Tony on. I have really discovered what Tony means by "find the burn" especially in the last 3 reps, for me, #13, #14 and #15. And yes, I think Dreya is the deisgnated 12-15 rep girl in shoulders and arms, clearly she can lift heavier than that.

Traci here are the Master Series Rotations from BB:

http://forums.milliondollarbody.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/600100365/m/633107006

I haven't received my packet, in fact Turbo Jam is a little late in arriving too! I checked UPS and Turbo Jam has made 3 stops in California where it originates!!! I think we all know that BB has it's moments with operational issues. If we didn't all love the product so much we'd probably give them the hardest time.

I am on my 4th consecutive clean eating day and feel fantastic. But I am looking forward to date night tomorrow night for Sushi/Terriaki and a glass or 2 of red wine.

Sandra, your Cathe rotation sounds wonderful. I have both the GS and S&H and they are very good in their own respects. But I have to say that I think I like Tony's weighted workouts better than Cathe but Cathe's cardio better than BB. I am looking forward to subbing some Master Series and Turbo jams when they come. I love subbing...keeps it interesting!

Have an xtraordinary evening ladies!

X

PHASE 2 / WEEK 5 / DAY 4 / CLASSIC - DOUBLES HYBRID

Slept in this morning because I had a late night out with my hubby and his work for a quarter sales kickoff at the local casino. Anyway, I have a confession to make -- I think that I am going to sub the workouts this evening and not do the Yoga X that is scheduled. I feel really guilty about it, but think I will anyway. I have been hoping to do Doubles, but wasn't able to do Cardio X after work last night. I really wanted that extra bit of low intensity cardio. I am also dreading Yoga X today for some reason -- I usually am excited to do it?? I think that I got burnt out on doing it twice last week. So here is my idea.

12 min - KickMax warm up
22 min - KickMax combos
55 min - Yoga Zone Power Yoga (very similar to YogaX, just shorter)
5 min - Yoga Belly X from Yoga X
-------
94 min

This way I get in a low intensity cardio and the yoga portion. What do you guys think. I could just do Yoga X as scheduled, but then I wouldn't be able to get in my extra (Doubles) dose of cardio.

I know I am stressing too much -- and this post sounds very self absorbed. Just looking for opinions.

I hope that everyone had a great workout today. It is getting really chilly and windy here in St. Louis. I can't complain though, as it has been a very mild winter.

Take care,
Monica

First of all,

SANDRA CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!Dosn't it feel great!

I enjoyed reading everyone's posts. Sounds like everyone is still benefiting from the X both mentally and physically. That's really what it is all about. Maybe towards the end we could list the 5 top thinkgs we learned about ourselves during the rotation. That might be interesting.

I had a great 4 mile run. I'm off to do my yoga. I think that it has really helped my hamstring because it wasn't nearly as tight after my run today. That would be a huge accomplishment to finally get it stretched out one and for all/

Tracy

Hi to all on the busy board today!! Just wanted to let you all know I did NOT take a nap today..but did get Stretch Max in!

Sandra..Congrats on finishing!!! Way to go!! I would definitely celebrate with a little dinner out! I don't think I know how it feels to go through 3 whole days without any guilt about SOMETHING I should be doing!!!!

Traci..Hope you were able to do legs and back...and hope you're not feeling as yucky!

Tracy...Glad your hammy is feeling better after your run...have fun with Bryan!

Stephanie...I don't know how you have any time to yourself at all...much less time to study with all of you little ones running around!! Hats off to you!!!

X...Glad you had fun with S&A...that is one of my favorites from all of these. I can really gauge what weights to use on this one and feel like I am getting the most out of my workout time. Congrats on your clean eating this week. Have a great evening with your DH, wine and sushi tomorrow!!

Monica..It sounds like what you have planned this evening is good for your personal goals...Don't stress out...It sounds great to me!

Hope you all have a great evening...will be hanging around here later tonight!

Debra

Bite off more than you can chew. Then chew it---Ella Williams

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.