X-er *Sleigh ride Saturday*

teddy16410

Cathlete
morning ladies!
anyone up for a sleigh ride today? :*

Round 2 / Phase 1 / Week 3 / Yoga X
Didnt get Yoga X in as planned yesterday so I'll do it today - just first 45 minutes ... DH heading to a Fly Fishing Show this morning so I may also do PlyoX + Back- We'll just have to see....

Have the In-Law Xmas Party today at 2pm - Joy to the World!

Little Matthew about the same...Apryls home and trying to find her way- Drs said yesterday to not count on him home for Christmas but perhaps by New Years.... I told her to spend the time writing all this in his baby book so she can forever guilt the child into behaving!;-) I bet you gals always think.."Thank goodness this woman isnt a mother!"

My client cancelled this morning due to hemmeroids:eek: So I have no excuses to not get my Yoga in....

We're all good on the X Retreat... Everyone who wants to go will be able to be there- I have no doubts at all....Where theres a will theres a way! We are Xers!!

Not sure about all the airports but mine has always gotten cheaper as time draws closer... it has to do with the seat availability..Airlines dont like to fly less than overbooked planes so as the dates get closer they drop fares to encourage ticket purchases. I dont book more than 20-30 days early anymore as the days of saving more by booking early are gone in my part of the woods....I remember years ago that it was book early / save $$ but that hasnt been the case for me (flying back & forth to CA) in years... Lets hope thats true for all airports...

Happy Day to all-

:7

Classic/ Week 4/ Day 6/ YogaX (subbed with ????)

Good morning! I can't believe it, but I got a better sleep last night with the kids here, then I did the night before. The girls fell asleep around 10pm, and there hasn't been a peep from them since. I need to get my workout done before they start to wake up, though.

About the workout. Not sure what I'm going to do today. It's supposed to be YogaX, but I want a cardio. I was planning on Circuit Max, but am not feeling the love for it today. Nothing seems overly appealing.

Traci....My goodness, just DO the first 45mins of YogaX and get it over with! LOL! You've spent more time procrastinating about that than it actually takes to do. :p And cheat like he)) to get your way through, if that's what it takes. That's what Tony says, right? Have a fun time at the in-law party. I'm glad the baby is stabilized. That's really interesting about the cost of the flights. If we're flying solo, it should be easy to pick up a seat at the last minute, right? So, I should start the passport process, but hold off on the seat booking? You gave me a big laugh with the image of you and Jeanette struggling with the Bowflexes. From what I've seen of all the P90X+ clips, he's shown 0 modifications for any of the bar work. I think he expects us all to actually do it!! About the Bette Midler song: do the words ring a bell? Maybe I'll send you the audio file once I get it loaded on this computer. It's a remake of a Peggy Lee song. She talks about watching her house burn down as a child, and wondering, "is that all there is...to a fire?" She talks about losing her one true love, thinking she would die, "But when I didn't, I thought....is that all there is?" Chorus: Is that all there is? Is that all there is? If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep daaaaancing. Let's break out the boooooooze, and haaaaave a ball....If that's all ...there .....isssssss."

Debra....A mother of the year contest during the Retreat? Well, you'll have an unfair advantage: your child is actually going to be present. I'm leaving mine at home. How'd your dinner with CB and the friends go last night? Your car story had me laughing. My first car, the old jalopy the parents bought us, was also green. It was a Dodge Aspen. When we were done with it, there was no use for it for anyone, so we took it to a farm and smacked it into trees until it just couldn't go anymore. Your scenario of how we would live together sounds perfect!!! I could go for that. Hmmmmmm, maybe that L thing Tracy talked about isn't such a bad idea.

Nicole....Your sister's a travel agent, right? Okay, so I'll hold off on booking a ticket. Who knows, by February you all might have gotten sick of me and kicked me off the list anyway.

Well, the coffee's kicked in so I'm feeling a bit more enthused about doing a workout. Still haven't decided which one. My mind keeps going to KickMax w/u, combos......and then what? I don't want to do the blast challenge and leg drills. I don't want to do anything blasty or jumpy. This is why I need to follow rotations: I'd waste too much time every morning if I had to pick as I went along.

We're missing some of the regulars, it seems. I hope you're all doing well and having a great weekend.

Sandra

Hi all,

I read the posts from yesterday, but I'm not going to catch up on those personals because so few of us are usually around on the weekends.

Yesterday DS and I had an easy run, then I did an hour of Shiva live. I got most of my shopping done yesterday, and I'll finish on line today after I get evertyhing out and see where I am short.

Today is going to be APX. The original rotation calls for BC, but I am subbing. First I'll have to do some cleaning...........

Traci - I'm keeping my fingers crossed about the baby. I'm sure he'll be fine. That is very stressful. Have a great time at the Xmas Party and get that yoga in. It is good for you.

Happy Saturday to everyone.

Tracy

Hello all! No sleigh rides for me today...but I am going to see the Nutcracker with my DD and mom so that should count for something! I am hoping to get a workout in this afternoon after the ballet...but I guess the world will not come to an end if I don't. I will probably do yoga...I need to be in the right frame of mind for legs...so that will wait until tomorrow when I am assured of having more time. DD is going to "parent's nite out" at gymnastics this evening.....they do crafts, games, have pizza, etc...So she should have fun. CB and I are going to a new wine bar in town. The have a very eclectic dinner menu, so it will be nice to try some new things. Dinner with the friends went really well last night...we are actually going to get together with them on New Year's Eve too...so I must have done alright. The weather is very dreary here today....but that is okay...I hope we get lots of rain since we still need it really desperately!

I have 2 chores to get accomplished this weekend.....laundry and Xmas cards...I have all the Xmas cards addressed and stamped...just have to sign them all and write notes....I am not really looking forward to this since I will be just signing DD's and my name this year...and there are lots and lots of folks who have no idea that XDH and I are separated. His brother doesn't even know yet...which is a long story that I am not going to get into here. But suffice to say that I am the one, apparently, who is responsible for letting anyone who knows us that this is the turn that our life has taken. Just not looking forward to it, but I have put it off as long as possible!

One last report....ttom just started!!! Yipee! I should be feeling back to my normal perky self by tomorrow! CB won't have to run to the hills after all.

Traci....
I know just how your dear niece feels....Poor thing. It is so tough to leave your little one lying alone, hooked up to all kinds of tubes and monitors. Take faith that the docs seem to have a positive outcome planned...they are talking about him coming home in the not so distant future, so I am sure they feel good about the prognosis. I will keep them in my thoughts today. Have fun with the In Laws this afternoon...does that mean you get to kick them all out at 5 pm since the party starts early?? How is BIL doing, buy the way? Yowza on the hemorrhoids...that doesn't sound pleasant. Hope she is feeling better soon.

Sandra....
The good thing about my DD is she doesn't really care who mothers her...so we a take turns doing wonderful mom things with her...you won't need your kids at all...lol!! My BFF and I kid around all the time that we would make the perfect lesbian couple. In fact, we took DD to American Girl Place a couple of Christmases ago...and we were in the elevator with some other girls and families...and there was some sort of comment made between my friend and I...and we got a couple of looks...I realized they must have thought we were "partners" and the DD was "our" child....LOL! We cracked up about it the rest of the day! Have fun with whatever workout you chose to do...I am sure it will be harder than what I would chose on a day when nothing struck me as fun.

Nicole....
Waving as you flew by last night....Is that darn GB house done yet???

Tracy...
Have fun finishing up your shopping today. I think the only person I have left is CB...and he and I are going shopping together on Wednesday...so I will get him to pick out something for himself then. I will probably get him a massage, too, as a surprise. Just for something to open on Christmas.

Well....I am caught up for now...guess I will have to start that laundry. Hope everyone has fun today getting in high gear for the holidays!! Jingle, jingle!!

Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001661.gif
[/url]

Back again,

Well, I finally settled on the LIS/HIS Cardio Combo premix from the 4DS. I was trying to hold off on those because they were going to be my 30 min pre-weights cardio this week. Oh well. I'll either do them again or find something else. It was a good workout, too. Just what I was looking for.

Tracy....Good morning to you!

Debra....Nice to hear your Meet the Friends evening went so well. Are his friends of the younger generation, too? Holy crap. I dread doing Xmas cards even when things have gone well that year. I would require a couple bottles of wine to sit down to write your cards this year. Good luck with that! Ahhh, another good memory to laugh about with your BFF. That's what they're there for, right? Are you an only child?

Ho ho ho,
Sandra

Morning Xers,

Round 3/Phase 1/Week 3/Day 5
Workout: Legs & Back / ARX / Kathy Smith Peak Fat Burning

We would be able to have a sleigh ride today. It is snowing like crazy here, and it is very pretty outside. The girls are outside riding the sled down the driveway. DH just noticed this and opened the window to yell at them. :D I'm just finishing up my 2nd cup of coffee, and chewing on some dried cherries that my oldest DD left here by the computer. :9 Must talk to here about eating at the computer. :7 :7

Well I don't know how this happened, but TTOM started this morning. How weird is that! I'm so not in tune with my body anymore. I haven't had any symptoms (well maybe some crabbies). This morning I woke up with a headache, that was it. Maybe this P90X agrees with the bod! :7

DH is downstairs cleaning right now, and after my workout I will be getting the party food ready. We will be having some friends over around 6pm tomorrow for some munchies and spirits. :D

Traci, Oh adding that extra chocolate and PB chips sounds :9 . I had to ROFLOL when you said DH put the trees in the bathroom to cover the poo smell. :7 :7 Just might be some truth in that. Too bad they are artificial. :7 Still keeping little Matthew and parents in my prayers. Just push play on YogaX, all will be good in the end. ;-)

Sandra, How about the KM combos plus the KPC combos. Combo 3 in KPC makes my heart rate rock. :D Oh wait I just read some more, and you changed the whole workout. :7 :7 I really like Yoga X, but I can only do the workout every other time. So I'm subbing in other Yoga.

Tracy, I will be cleaning right along with you today. I have to mop the kitchen floor and clean bathrooms. Seems that is what I am always doing. You are doing so well on your running. ^5 to you.

Debra, Oh have a great time at the Nuttcracker. I just love seeing that live. We went to see it last year, and it was so pretty. My DD's both loved it too. I don't envy you having to inform everyone in your card. I still have to get that going also. Oh the time just slips away so fast. I did manage to get a good chunk of shopping done yesterday. Just have a few things to get for my neices. I forgot to take their lists with me when I went shopping. x( The frozen jeans just made me LOL. My Mom, to this day, still puts jeans out on the line to freeze dry. I can remember getting my stiff jeans off the clothes line. :D

Nicole, Thanks for the info on the flights. Will make sure that I keep checking.

Have a great day and I'm bound and determined to BBL to chat. The house is actually pretty decent. My children have been extra good at picking up after themselves. Must be because Christmas is coming and they want some good presents. Oh that reminds me that I need to get on Amazon.com to get oldest Funny Face. She loves Audrey Hepburn. :D What else do I need to get that DVD isn't enough for free shipping. Oh I can let DH get me the Eoin DVD? Oh yes!!!!! Must talk to DH right now!!!

Bye Bye

Laurie

Good morning,
I can't believe I just lost that post by clicking on a tab up above! Drat!

Round 2, Lean Rotation, Phase 1, Week 3, Day 6 - KenpoX

I subbed with Imax3 (5 intervals - loved it!, thanks Traci:7 ) and 20 minutes of Christi Taylor step. Also did AbX that I didn't get to last night because of DS showing up.

I had a long post written but will have to recreate it tonite. I've got to get a move on now. Shower, pick up prime rib for Christmas Dinner, shopping. Golf yesterday was really good, cold, but good.

Just to let you gals know that I definitely plan on making the GTG. I'm okay with the $400 round trip fare, especially because we will be saving on lodging at Debra's. Nice to know that the rates may get lower if I wait a bit. I'll check back later on that this afternoon when I have time.

You girls were all making me laugh yesterday!

Off for now, but will BBL!

Traci, have a great time at the party. I'm hiding my Big O brownie recipe until next week.

Jeanette

Hello, lovely ladies!!

I am being incredibly lazy today and doing no workout...even though yesterday was my actual rest day. Oh well...I promise to do legs tomorrow. I probably have time to do yoga, but I really need to work on Xmas cards and laundry. We had a great time at the Nutcracker...it was the children's version so it was much shorter and all of the characters were out in the lobby before the show started so that kids could get their picture taken with them and get their autographs...It was great!

personals......

Jeanette...
I hate it when I do something stupid and lose a post...It drives me insane!! I have gotten better now that I open a second window and just leave one window as my posting window. I am so glad you will be joining us for the Xer retreat! I guess you can just keep an eye on your plane fare once a week and see if notice any change in fare. Prime rib??? Oh yummy!

Sandra...
Glad you settled on a workout that suited your mood for today. Are you off with the girls doing some sort of project at Micheal's? Or just holiday baking at home? I actually had a dream about Christmas cookies....can you believe that? I dreamt about putting them in tupperware containers...LOL! XDH's brother was just calling me a few minutes ago...I just avoid answering the phone...I love caller ID. And, yes, technically I am an only child. I have some half siblings that are much older than me that I am not close to from my father's first marriage...but I am the only child from my parents marriage and I never lived with my half siblings. We were closer when my father was alive, but only one of them keeps in contact since he died.

Laurie...Sounds like you have synced your cycle with Traci's and mine! Isn't that weird? Hope you are having fun in the snow today. It is really nice this time of year to have the winter weather...I was always so tired of it by the end of January, though. Only a Northerner would "freeze dry" their jeans! WTH?? Hope you got that Eoin dvd for yourself...I know DH would be glad to have you full of nectar!

Okay...I am off for now...I am going to fold some clothes and get started on the dreaded Xmas cards...then I have to get ready for my evening out with CB. Hope everyone is doing well and having lots of fun festivities with their families!!

Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001661.gif
[/url]

Hi all,

The workout is done, and I'll go do a little yoga in a while.

Debra - We love caller ID here. We rarely answer the phone. At least you are breaking the news to people via print. It lets them have some time to digest the info before a face to face meeting. Glad you had a nice time at the Nutcracker.

Sandra - Glad you found a suitable workout. You can always sub some other cardio next week but it will take a little more thought. Passports here are taking a long time to get, since you have to get one to go to Canada.

I'll have to finish in a bit. DH is on the phone.

Tracy

Evening ladies,
Had a quiet day today. Got a little bit of shopping done. Want to do personals and then watch The Island with DH. He was just pestering me to look up the Mahindra Jeep and I lost my partially constructed post to you. What a day for posting it's been.

Traci, I wrote you an email re: Weight Watchers and a friend that I saw today. She's lost a TON of weight, actually has to start gaining weight now. She does WW (Flex) and Curves 3X a week. Not fair I say. I'm eating egg whites and killing myself with P90X workouts! Okay, rant over. Hope the party was absolutely wonderful today. Were there lots of raves over the O Brownies? Sending out prayers for your little nephew. Know it's got to be so tough for the parents. Hemmorhoids stopped the session? Now that's a new one. My ex-SIL had them, surgery too. What an awful experience that was. Have we honed in on a date for the retreat? If possible, I'd sure like to spend 3 days with Debra and 2 days for travel - total of 5 days gone for me. I'd like to get the most bang for my buck, if you know what I mean. But then again, we need to coordinate travel from the airport to her house. Peeee uuuuuuu, that fish had to have been nasty, nasty, nasty! Did you have to clean it up, or did Wendell? I can't even imagine the smell. I'd love to show up early on Monday at Debra's. Maybe we won't go home on Sunday either. She may be stuck with us. I could do Farmer's Markets every weekend, shopping for antiques, football games. I like her life better than mine LOL! Re: the standing O, I ordered When Sally Met Harry and it should be coming soon. I am the same way as you when it comes to decorating. I pretty much finished today, but it's far from being featured in a Southern Living magazine. More like the Hickville rag. You are making me really want those brownies. Sigh. PB and chocolate. Nothing like it.

Sandra, what cardio did you do today? Oh, I see you may be doing the HIS/LIS cardio. I see the Lean Rotation recovery week calls for yoga 2X. Yes, I buy most of DH's clothes, though he doesn't usually require too much. Wonder what he'd do if I asked him to pick me up some new undies for me when he gets off work. Never mind, I know the answer... No way will you be kicked off the list. I'm getting excited about meeting everyone. Suz's DH (from the Hardcore thread) calls her internet friends her "snuffaluffulus" friends. You guys are all real, aren't you? My first car to drive was a Ford Courier pickup. I remember once leaving it in neutral on a hill. It rolled all the way down (without me in it) and turned just in time to avoid smashing into some gate pillars. It turned and scraped the side up just slightly. How lucky was that? I remember not being able to sleep well when I played volleyball in the evenings. Too much stimulation.

Tracy, glad you got your shopping done. I have just a couple things to get still, plus the dog toys. I love caller ID too. That way, we don't have to talk to DH's mom. I told you that she saw Elvis recently, didn't I? She's wacked.

Debra, how was the wine bar tonite? What kind of wine do you like? I think I told you that the last batch of wine I made got neglected and turned into vinegar. I think I'll stick to buying it for now. Hope the dinner is fun with CB. We need pictures of him!!! Come one now!! But then again, are you maybe not posting them because of your ex-DH? Will X-DH be coming for Christmas soon? Surely he must miss your DD.
Hope you get that laundry and those Christmas cards behind you. Glad TTOM is here and hopefully gone soon. Aren't we just so blessed? I think I was confused with being part of a lesbian couple once because the other gal cyclist and I had the same color cycling jersey on. It was funny. Are you buying your CB a massage? Bet he'd love one from you. Glad it went well with meeting CB's friends. I knew it would. Are they good ole Southern boys too? Have you cooked prime rib before? I never have but I hear it's pretty easy. I do have a digital meat thermometer that I hear is necessary.

Laurie, bet the snow is pretty. It usually is at first. We may be getting some soon. I want it, but then again, I'm hoping it doesn't stop my sister's travels up here to see me on Christmas Day. Funny about not being in tune with your body. I usually feel a slight pull in my back and I can tell that I'm close to starting. Hope your party was successful and fun too. Seems like this is the first weekend in a while that I'm not making some dessert or pigging out on something. Lots of family occasions lately. I have to pass the dried fruit aisle pretty quickly. I can go thru a bag in no time flat. Yep, B&G mixed with lat pulldowns was a goodie. My glutes are a little sore today. That one has Firewalkers in it, twice.

Nicole, love your new Meez! You are so clever and they definitely fit what's going on in your life.

See you in the a.m. Planning on a group bike ride and possible a solo game of golf. We'll see what DH wants to do.

Jeanette

Hey, gals!

I'm still around, but this last week has been awful at home! DH has been having major issues with insomnia and sleep-walking, therefore, keeping me up at night with him! We finally was able to get his pain medication changed, so after Wednesday, he's getting better pain control (yea!!), but then Thursday, after my pedicure, the massage chair messed up my lower back, so I woke up Friday not able to stand up straight much less lift my weights I had planned. I am glad, though that I had taken Friday off to attend a holiday get-together that night, I would not have been able to work! I snagged one of DH's pain pills and a muscle relaxer and slept for about 14 hours!!!:eek:

Nicole- Thanks so much for the card!!!

Traci- CONGRATULATIONS, AUNTIE!!! That's so awesome that Apryl felt your angels' presence!

Still working on getting the eating under control...one meal at a time. I was battling the 'hungries' something terrible this last week, then the latter half of the week nothing looked/sounded good. At the holiday party the hostess had Double Chocolate Praline Cake. Major YUM!!! I took a slice <1/2 wide, ate a couple of bites and then played with it for about 30 minutes before tossing it. It was really tasty, but nothing appealed to me. I really wish that we came with Owner's Manuals!!! x(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.