WW'ers checkin 12/20 Wednesday

teddy16410

Cathlete
Happy Day to all!
Before I forget... :7 Cheryl- WAY COOL you got to go to play!
:7 AMY: Your scale does EVERYTHING my Tanita does that costs more... keep in mind that my caliper registers 11% LOWER than my scale... So scales are good to see progress but dont get hung up on the actual # as I dont believe they are that accurate

Today is Back & Biceps & Abs w/ P90X. 4 workouts to recovery week... I am so counting each minute down. My body is really feeling every move hard...maybe that means I am stronger and getting more out of everything??? That sounds good, we'll go with that theory!:+

Hope everyone is taking care this busy week... Safe travels to anyone traveling for holiday and safe travels to all your loved ones coming to visit you.

Peace on Earth in 2007!

Good morning Traci and all that follow...

back to work today. I woke up at 2:45 this morning after not sleeping well the night before either.... here we go... back into insomnia mode... awww the adventures of middle-age.

I was down two pounds this morning to 139 so the bloat is going away.

Today I have the leg blast premix from B&G on the rotation and HOPE to get it in when we get back from the dr this afternoon. DH slept so-so last night he said but he's still in the bed and hopefully he'll sleep up into the morning. The oxycodone shuts off the "water works" so to speak and he was a little uncomfortable from that.

About to start back to work... started about 3:45 this morning.....

have a good day!

Goooood Mooooorning everyone!

It's Low Impact Circuit today. Then I give a big spokesperson training presentation to my biggest account, yikes (nah, it'll be fun. I've done this a million times... but haven't done it for awhile, so I better review my powerpoint before I go in!)

Jane, sorry about the insomnia. Dang it! But happy news the bloat is floating away :D

Traci, that sounds like a hard workout. Good luck! Sounds like major DOMS in store with that one.

Have a great morning, everyone!
Cheryl

Good Morning all!

Well, up early this morning and off to an interminable meeting with DH's lawyer~x(

Jane- I am sorry that you had a hard time sleeping last night. I also didn't expect DH to rest really well, but over the next couple of days he'll be able to. I don't know anything about percocet and "water works", narcotics usually cause constipation, but only if you have been taking them for a couple of days. You can usually get around that by increasing your fruit/veggie intake, or OTC colace (found in the pharmacy section).

Okay, I officially like my new scale~!!! (it says that I am about 3 lbs less than my old scale!!!) We'll see how it compares to the WW "official" scale.

Today will be KenpoX and maybe some KPC add on. I am really trying to change and add some different cardio in. I would LOVE to be able to do elliptical, but it's broken (and has been for YEARS, DH still thinks he can fix it!). I may stop by the new gym that opened just down the road on the way home from the lawyer's and before grocery shopping.

I had to laugh...I had chex cereal on my list for shopping because I want to take chex mix to work with me this weekend. Anyway, I started thinking and sort of remembered a box of corn ones in the back of my pantry. Well, when I got back there, not only did I pull out a box of corn chex, but 2 boxes of wheat, a box of rice and a box of crispex!!! Well, that's 4 boxes of cereal I don't have to buy!

Good Morning,

Jane - you are going to love this workout, have fun :D

Tracie - what comes next after the recovery week? I hafta give it too you, you are all over P90 ;) Nice!

Well ladies I swear too you that I really wanted to do B&G last night, I came home put on my workout attire and pushed play but my body and mind just wasn’t there, I swear I tried x( So, since body and mind was not in sink I just turned everything off and laid down with no tv no music no nothing just quiet time. Then hours later got up clean my dishes and right back in the bed x(

But this morning Butts & Guts babe!! I did leg blast OMG…..OMG…. that’s all I can say about this workout ABSOLUTLEY loved it and I mean loved it, my legs are fried. I even had enough time to do all the floor work, but not the abs NICE!!

Okay, for TONIGHT, I plan to do BM2 UB double yep! the double. But, going to complete the ab work first from B&G.

Christmas party today,Yeah!!! I brought my own bread, spinach salad, tomato, plus my breakfast, 1 cup of rolled oats and a boiled egg not crazy about this oatmeal tho. Mustard Seed was out of the steel cut oats so decided to try x( Just don’t care for the texture :-( :-(

See, I told you, I am in control, I’m feeling this here thang REAL good :+ }( :+

Teddygirl~

I just ordered my Christmas present LIC and Cathe’s stickers. I am more excited about the stickers than the calendar.

I created my own calendar that I hang on my wall and I also have Cathe & Tony pictures around my calendar. But I would love to place a Cathe sticker there by my workouts. I use my own stickers now, I have a variety of them, some say great job, nice work, awesome, excellent job, and much more, my favorite stickers are Cat in the Hat, I love the cartoons stickers. Can’t wait !!!!!

Oh, girls, I totally forgot about a salad dressing that you will LOVE to drown your salad in!!! Now, I know that dressing is usually a no, no, but I swear, this one is clean and very healthy!!! I made it up last year and totally forgot about it until yesterday.

Hummus Dressing

1 Can chickpeas, drained (reserve liquid) (you can substitute white beans too)
1 clove garlic
1 tsp cumin
1 TBS olive oil (or less if you prefer)
salt/pepper to taste

Place ingredients in food processor (except reserved liquid) and whiz away. Slowly add the reserved liquid until you get the texture you want for hummus dip (sort of thick). At this point, I remove some to use as a dip, and keep about 1/2 in the processor. Continue to add the liquid from the can until you get a fairly thin consistency (about the same as heavy cream). Then add balsamic vinegar to your desired consistency. That's IT!!! Yum! (then again, I LOVE hummus!)

Well arent we the chatty chicks this morning!!!
Ab Ripper - DONE
Back & Biceps- later later later

JANE: Great that DH doing so well & resting... My hormone insomnia kicked in last night as well. Slept 2 hours and WIDE AWAKE for 2 then slept restlessly on couch for 3...SO FRUSTRATING ! I can bank on 2 good weeks for sleep & 2 just horrid.... I guess we're in this together. AWESOME scale results... bloat bloat go away **Stomp**

CHERYL: Have a great time & tons of success w/ presentation... I bet you are awesome in front of groups! Hope LIC was a goodie for you!

AMY: Happy lawyer day!x( Since your scale weighs 3 lbs less I am deducting 3 from my scale so that means I'm just about to goal! YIPPEE:7 Had to LOL... DH says I could avoid grocery store for 3 months and we'd never miss a beat! I LOVE cleaning out pantry and seeing all the goodies I forgot I had... BTW: If ya'll need any Ketchup I found 4 new bottles last week!... I dont even eat the stuff! Must have been a great sale heh? Amers...YUMMMMMMMM. I'll be making that dressing as soon as I get up from this darn thing today! I am a hummus freak-a-zoid! I'll do anything w/ garbonzo beans... I love them toasted too... great snackie item to pop & go!

TeddyGirl: After Recovery Week is final Phase... I should be lifting Arnold Weight by then...and of course have the body of the next Sports Illustrated SwimSuit Edition! You keep cracking me up! The more torturous the w/o the happier you are...I aspire to your enthusiasm! Great planning on Xmas Party foods... you rock! Congrats on stickers & LIC! Great purchases...hoping to get my calendar & stickers today!! Too Funny- I use those same stickers you have on my workout calendar! GREAT MINDS!

GREAT MORNING TO ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tracie, you are a sweetheart :) :) final phase that's awesome! Nice work my friend :D I tried several times to complete the series but never made it past two weeks, maybe one day, huh. The program rock!!

And by the way miss lady, I know you already have that Sport Illustrated Swimsuit body. Now, who do you think you’re fooling, not me woman :D

Cathe's calendar is awesome, I decided not to purchase at this time b/c need toys and gifts for love ones. I did good to buy workout today, with all the money issues I am having. But, who knows, maybe next year. Enjoy your calendar and your stickers there’re fun aren’t they. Great minds indeed ;) ;)

Your statment Torturous, that’s truth :9 :9 :D

Teddygirl~

I did PlyoX this morning and loved every minute of it.

I have tried and and I just can't stick to the new 18 WW points. Even with my AP's I'm starving. I used all my flexies over the weekend. I'm allowing myself to go over the points so long as its good, clean, healthy food. I'm usually at about 26-28 points but with P90X I think I really need the extra fuel especially for those days I do doubles.

This Friday will kick off several days of eating events. Haven't come up with a strategy yet. Christmas parties, Christmas eve, Christmas day, yikes!!! Too much good food! Any suggestions?

Have a great day.

Buffy

Hi everyone!

Woo hoo, presentation is finished and went well!
I'm on my wireless card at the company... heat is off.

LIC was fun! Didn't realize I'd somehow not done this one all the way through yet. I little lighter intensity than yesterday's CF. Was just right.

Best news - drumroll - weight down to 131 this morning, down .5 and a new low!!! Yayy, progres still coming.

Amy - gotta love that new scale! Hope it's not far off the WW
Uggh on the attorney meetings. Following that horrible custody battle for my daughter (with the very happy ending, thankfully) I've come to dread attorney meetings of any kind. And dread the bills even more!!!

Buffy - great workout! I can't stick with the 18 points either... weirdly, the WW website is giving me 20 daily points and 35 flexies again.... I'm not sure why, but I'm not arguing (????)
Hope you get that strategy for handling Christmas down soon!!

T-girl, woo hoo on the good strategy and plan for today's company party. You are doing so well!

Traci, great workout - and great recipe - what a fun day.

Have a great afternoon, everyone!
Cheryl

Christmas party is over, we had a nice time, food, fun, games, and laughter :9 :9 :9

I did good, as far as my game plan, I stuck with it. Absolutely, no sweets, one tiny confession, I did have one hot wing, could not help that they were all around me and smelling so dam good, I gave in too one. Other than that I aced it :p :p :p

Teddygirl~

Hi everyone.....at WI today I was up 2 lbs. It's TTOM, so I did not get upset about it. We got all of the new materials also. I moved up one point, to 21 a day. I also got a new Points Booster, and on the one I have been using, for 60 mins. high intensity, I get 5 AP's. On the new one, I get 7. I am convinced I have not been eating enough. We will soo how next week's WI goes. I probably really can't judge next week's either, because I am in the same boat as buffy, just so much Christmas stuff going on, and food everywhere. My first gathering is tonight, but this one is only snacks, and we are going to eat dinner before we go, so I will skip them.

Have a good night!
Lori

Still waiting for my calendar to come in!!

Lawyer meeting went okay. We were very fortunate that he chipped a tooth this morning, so he had to leave for the dentist about 45 min after we got there! DH had already told me that he was going to limit the appt time to 1 hr TOPS as it was!!!

Traci- I LOVE garbanzo beans too!! I buy them from Sam's club and can eat them straight from the can!!!

TG- Hummus is a Middle Eastern dip of garbanzo beans, cumin, garlic, olive oil, sometimes lemon and most of the time tahini (sesame seed paste). I don't like to keep tahini around because it goes rancid pretty fast and I like my hummus recipe well enough without it. You can use it for a veggie dip or to dip pita bread into as a snack. I like to use it in place of mayo on turkey sandwiches for added fiber/flavor/protein.

Cheryl- YEA that the presentation went without a hitch!!!

Well, all the stuff for the goodies this weekend are purchased. I have a counter full of cereal, nuts, crackers, cookies, pretzels, and cream cheese! Now I just have to whip the stuff up!

Top of tonight's list is vaccuum and scrub the floors! I don't mind vaccuuming as much as I used to (now that I have a new vaccuum cleaner!), but scrubbing the floors has got to be on the top of the Most Hated Cleaning Jobs list!!!

Hello everybody....

I'm not going to be my w/o in... see my post on the Daily Check-in...

Amy - I'm not sure what it is about narcotics and DH but he hates to take them. It does give him problems like you describe but he has a terrible time with his urinary system too when it takes them. I happened in May when he had his hernia surgery, that surgery was much more painful to him than this one. He had a ventral hernia repair w/mesh. He is doing better today and I think he'll do every better since getting the JP drain pulled this afternoon.

Going to bed after I make up some work time.

g'night

Well, if that's the case, he can just take either tylenol or motrin for the discomfort as long as he does okay with those. I haven't ever heard of narcotics doing that before....then again I have been a nurse for only 12 yrs, so I haven't seen/heard everything!

Tonight was KPC kicks/punch premix/KenpoX/KPC abs and vaccuuming! I have a feeling that my abs are going to ache tomorrow and my glutes are already feeling it!

Now, to scrounge up some grub and a shower, not necessarily in that order!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.