WWERs check in 3nd week of June

Well I am 2 pounds away for my 4th of july goal and considering that it i lose approx .25 a week... not looking like i am going to make it!:p
Anyways you never know i could have a great week like Wendy did last week;)
Today i am going out for brunch with my in laws for fathers day but i usually have crepes with fruit so that won't affect my day to bad...the worst is the ice cream cake that i have at my parents:D i will try my best to stop at one piece..

Work out wise i am going to try for chect and back today.. and my usual 2 hour walk..

bbl

happy fathers day to your hubs'

Maaann!!! I have some serious competition here! I barely have a visible 2-pack! My abs used to be my best feature before I gained 25 lbs :(

Last night I indulged but not as much as I could have. My major indulgence was cheesecake. I really feel like I should do cardio today but I also really need to do some yoga. So I'm going to listen to my body and do yoga instead of my guilty brain which would opt for the cardio.

Steph...I agree S90 is so cheap, no reason not to get it! I love walking too, unfortunately most of it lately has been on the treadmill b/c it's been raining and/or my Spring allergies have been horrible. I've walked 3 half marathons with a friend of mine. Lately it's been the only time we've been able to get together so we gab and gossip the entire time and the miles fly by, hehe.

I need to look into that MC challenge....I keep saying that, but I havent done it yet!!

Ok, off to do Power Yoga by Jeanette Jenkins. This is a great workout actually especially if you're into slightly faster paced, more athletic yoga. It's not SO fast that you dont get a great stretch but it's fast enough that I find myself sweating during it!

This week I'm determined to work at cleaning up my diet!!

Hey Ladies.

Happy Father's Day to all of the dads we know! :)

Rest day for me today!

DOMS isn't TOO bad. I have it in my lower body but none to speak of up top so I'm not in need of traction like I thought I might be! :p

Something tells me I might need to go AB NAZI on you ladies! ;) LOL That's the name I've affectionately earned in my STS check in because I work abs an average of 5 days a week and can't tout the benefits enough. It really helps! I tease the gals over there when they skip their ab work and some of them have actually picked up the pace b/c of me! One even admitted I was right and that it was helping her once she started working them more! :D

steph:: Being 2 pounds away from goal at this point isn't bad at all! If you really buckle down you might make it! I didn't meet my Memorial Day Weekend goal either. It happens. No biggie. Don't stop setting goals just because you don't meet them though. Setting goals gives us something to work towards and that keeps us motivated! :)

stacy:: You could do cardio and then do yoga after! :) I know I know-shut up, right? LOL :p A 2 pack is a start! Get down to business and you will have that 6 pack back! Now hop to it, lady! ;)...Hopping is good exercise you know! :D

K. gotta go. Off to my SIL's for Father's Day dinner w/my FIL and the rest of DH's family. My dad passed away at the end of 1995. Miss him so very much every day.

BBITAM!:cool:

OhhhWendy...
I did it!

did the 500 mountain climbers....didn't time myself but it could be considered a teeny HIIT???? did 100 at a time with a little rest in between.

now...not sure if i did it right... i might have only done 1/2 of the challange

does each leg count as one? or do you have to do both to count as 1 (right-left)

so i might have done it or i might have done ..5 the challange...
let me know...
crossing my fingers that i did the real one;)

I'd love to "hop to it" if it didnt hurt my knee!! :(

Actually it gets very frustrating needless to say. I feel I get close to a goal and then hit a plateau b/c I feel like I cant eat any less and b/c of my knee I cant increase the intensity of my workouts without increasing the impact and I just cant do the impact anymore. I'd welcome any suggestions.

I can however increase the amount I work abs. I used to do abs about 5 days a week many eons ago, now I average twice a week.

What sort of ab workouts do you do besides Cathe?

Steph...good job on getting so close to your goal. I'm still about 10-15 lbs away. I used to weigh 110 lb and then got to 136 lbs at my highest, big depression there....I'm hanging out at 129-130 lb and not happy about it.

Wow Stacy 110....i have never been that low. My lowest was 115 but everyone said i looked like i was having chemo..so i would like to be 120 ish (i don't want my parents on my case) I am still around 127 but my goal for the 4th was 125 and i was looking for 120 by the end of the summer. Only thing is i never weight trained before.. so when i was 115 i was skinny fat

it has to be really hard when you are in pain to try to exercise. I hurt myself awhile ago and it was super tough. I just did tons of power yoga (at least once a day) to keep myself in sort of shape

Good Morning.

I slept like crap last night so I'm tired this morning. Got up and worked out anyway though cause that extra hour of sleep would not have been enough to make me feel good....

Today's work out was:
Body Rock 600 Rep Work Out that I skipped last week due to DOMS: BODYROCK.tv | Fitness Advice, Workout Videos, Health & Fitness | Bodyrock.tv + Body Rock On the Floor Abs Challenge: BODYROCK.tv | Fitness Advice, Workout Videos, Health & Fitness | Bodyrock.tv
Took 41 mins total and kicked my butt. Loved it. ;)

Off to chug coffee. I'll be back for personals in a bit. :cool:

Well today is official weigh in day and i refuse to enter the weight it says!
It says 128 yuk... i was at 126.5-127 all week and there is no way i am punching in 128!

Wendy: did you read my post about the mc challange? did i do them right?

Stacy: how ya doin today (in a mobster voice)

check in later after my workouts

Steph:: Weight fluctuations are normal. Have you ever considered adjusting your WW weigh-in day? Perhaps there is a better day of the week you could choose. I purposely picked Friday (and would never pick Monday!:eek:) because I eat the best during the week so even if I cheat on the weekend I have all week to clean it up and get rid o' the bloat before the official weigh in. Just something to think about. :) Sounds like you did the MC challenge right. She does MC's differently then Cathe though but doing them as you did (the same way Cathe does them), that would be how to count them-each leg counts as a rep so you are good! Congrats on completing it! :D

Stacy:: Wow, I don't even know when I was 110! The lowest weight I can recall is 115 back in highschool. :eek: I have basically the same goal as you-after losing the 10# I will be at 121.2. Sounds like all 3 of us have similar weight loss goals....Sorry about your knee. I'm sure that's a challenge for you. Did you pre-order Cathe's low impact series? Sounds like exactly what you might need! :)

Well
I did p90x shoulders and arms again... i am addicted...maybe ill totally kill my shoulders and find a cathe one????mmmmmm
well see... still in my cardio funk..:eek:

well cardio blahs continue..
did sts 33 shoulder and arms instead...

i probobly won't be able to move tomorrow combined with the p90x:eek:

Wendy what weight do you use for that one? i did 20's and 15s for most... but boy it gets gard come the 4th set!

Steph:: The only Shoulder/Bi/Tri work out in M3 that I've done so far is Disc 27 and I used a 45# BB, 35#BB, 16, 15, 13 and 12#DB's depending on the exercise. So you did two full weight work outs that focus on the same body parts in one day!? :eek: Crazy girl! ;)

Hello there! No workout for me today, planned rest day which is good b/c although my legs feel much better after yoga, I've got some serious upper body/shoulder DOMS!

Diet today so far so good but on the way out to a baseball game with no dinner yet, ugh.

B--almonds (4 Points)
L--Lean Cusine panini (8 Points)

Crazy day at work, didnt have time to go to the bathroom let alone snack or eat much!! It's good except I come home starving!!!!

So we're all in the same weight range, kinda cool...but too bad I'm so short!! I keep saying I'm just too short for my weight (5'1")

Whoever asked...I didnt pre-order Cathe's Low Impact series, going to wait for reviews and clips. Unfortunately my past experience with low impact workouts, even Cathe's, has been to increase the intensity/heart rate by putting in a tons of squats and lunges which kill my knee too! :(

I was eyeing that Body Rock on the Floor challenge...

For shoulders, Steph have you done the shoulders from High Reps?? I also like the shoulders from 4DS. I've mixed and matched body parts before and also have done one body part per day rotations where I paired High Reps shoulders + PUB shoulders, or some other combo.

Anyway, gotta run or I'll be late for the game!

Good Morning Ladies.

Today's work out was as follows::

Body Rock Sumo Squat Step Up Exercise Challenge (100 per leg)
LowMax 1-4 excluding warm up and blast from #4
100 reps for obliques

Stacy:: I was the one who mentioned the Low Impact series. Here's to hoping you can find a few dvds in the series that fill the bill for your knees!!!

BBL!

well today i was a total slacker. had to go to the doctor in the am and then was making cupcakes for about 2.5 hours this afternoon for my daughters class. Tonight i have a govenrning board meeting at my sons school....so i think i am going to try a hiit now so i don't feel so terrible..before supper!

wish me luck

Wendy good workout!
Stacy: where are you?

Steph, All I can think about is food right now and you have to go and bring up CUPCAKES!? How dare you!? :eek:;):p:D LOL Which HiiT will you do? Can't wait to get outta work so I can go home and stuff my face... with something healthy! :rolleyes:

Every tuesday after work when I pick up my son from aftercare we stop at Dunkin Donuts so he can have his special treat dinner. His dad is going out straight from work on Tuesday's for a while (basically for the summer) so he's not home for dinner so I let DS have a bagel with cream cheese for dinner once a week. He loves it and I would LOVE to have one too but OMG THE POINTS! :eek: I think I'll stick with my original plan of a salad with turkey in it cuz I know it won't be worth the guilt especially when I KNOW I will be cheating for dinner tmrw night since I am hanging out with a girlfriend for dinner. :)

Hope everyone had a great day. I'll be back tmrw!

Well wendy i ended up doing the hiit pyramid and then i Followed by a turbo fire hiit 25

I made sure to get my heart rate up but with the turbos i find it harder since i started the Cathes... but i figure its a hi intenisity cardio.. i move during the rest as well..

i must say i wasn't loving the cardio but i commited to due it (or should i be committed:p)

tomorrow i am thinking plyo legs but not toally sure yet!

bbl

Steph...good job on busting thru the cardio blahs!!

Wendy...way to go on avoiding the bagel. My willpower sucks. I've been struggling with counting points lately. It seems by lunch some days I'm already way over on points!

I was sleepy today for no real reason and could not get my butt motivated to workout. I was SO close to just skipping it but tomorrow I have a really late day at work and I know I wont workout tomorrow and with yesterday being a planned rest day, I had to JUST DO IT.

I chose KCM's Split Sessions...I did the 50 min alternating Upper and Lower exercises, it wasnt too leg heavy so I was able to do the leg stuff. It was all standing stuff so I added in the bonus floor work too. I thought about adding in more abs b/c she does standing ab & waist line work but I didnt :(

Tomorrow though I have to work late I'm going to at least do abs in my commitment to add more ab work to my week!

Wendy...any good Bodyrock Ab challenges you really like??

Wendy...any good Bodyrock Ab challenges you really like??

I have done these body rock ab work outs:

Abs and Cardio...: BODYROCK.tv | Fitness Advice, Workout Videos, Health & Fitness | Bodyrock.tv -this one was tough on the hip flexors so I couldn't keep my feet elevated the entire time. It whooped me good as far as the abs go :eek: but the cardio wasn't fantastic. I added on after it as over!

On the Floor..: BODYROCK.tv | Fitness Advice, Workout Videos, Health & Fitness | Bodyrock.tv -This one was better all around. MC's were tougher cardio and I changed up the abs every time I rolled over instead of doing the toe touch move every time just to make it more interesting. ;)

I am doing this one tmrw morning for the first time:

See Your Abs...: BODYROCK.tv | Fitness Advice, Workout Videos, Health & Fitness | Bodyrock.tv -This one sounds pretty tough. Can't wait to try it! I don't have a dip station so I will use 2 kitchen chairs instead. I also don't have a jump rope but ya don't need one! :)

HTH a bit!

Steph:: Good job getting the cardio in! NO pain NO gain! ;)

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.