WW Check In Week of 9/25 :)

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Hi Ladies.

This morning's work out was the first of the Kettlebell Dynamics work outs by Amy Bento. Had that dvd forever and never even unwrapped it! It was a pre-order!!!:eek: Glad I finally dusted it off. Only 20 mins long but tough stuff! Perfect for my current rotation! I used a 20# kb for most of it. I also added on a few minutes of my own abs at the end doing 30 alternating oblique twists w/feet off the floor holding a 15# kb, then I did 50 lower ab reps w/no weight and finally finally crunches for upper abs holding the kb at my chest. Great work out. :D

Stacy:: I have a friend who owns the RKS System. She has done the rotation once through so far and loved it. She is all about getting it done in under an hour so this series was great for her cause it allowed to her to add on cardio often times. Her absolute fave of the time savers though is S90. She adores it. I own 6 week Six pack and I really like it too. Going to have to incorporate more as a matter fact! Thanks for the reminder! Never even checked out Tracy Anderson...just no interest there for some reason...

Steph:: Yup, STS work outs can be long. After doing them for almost 6 months straight I am all about keeping things short and sweet for the most part these days. ;)

Hello All!!

Wendy I will start BR tomorrow, at least attempt it. I can tell by looking at it I won't complete it, but I will keep trying until I do!!

Steph, let me know how you like Athletica.

Stacy,nice to hear from you!!

My workout today was STS Total Body & 1/2 of Rebecca Small Step 2 Success. We had some thunderstorms so I had to stop.

I think I am going to change my weigh in day to Saturday, that way I will determine if I deserve a cheat meal or not.

Good night All, be back tomorrow

Wiggie:: Zuzanna makes less intense work outs if you were interested in starting there and working your way up. They are on you tube if you want to take a look.

Today is my rest day. See you tmrw!:)

Good morning. Yesterday I did STS Cardio AS. and Today I did CLX Lean circuit 1. This was a toughie for me. I hope I stick to this phase. It was a littler longer too not much.

Wendy enjoy your rest day.

wiggie good luck with body rock. Looks really tough.

Hello All!!

Good job sticking with CLX Barb!!

Wendy, I know you enjoyed your rest day, you certainly deserved it!!

Well I did the BR workout for today entitled Hot Body Workout very tough!!. I could do all the excercises, just not as many reps as Z. I also did HIIT 15.

I am sooo tired, going to bed now,

Good night all!!

Good morning girls..

Totally sore all over from my sts intensive weekend. I did each disc 2x in 4 days..I am walking doms:eek:

Barb: glad to hear you are still clx ing it..
Wiggie:eek:h no...we now have two official body rockers;)
Wendy: unless my new atletica arrives Body rock is on tap for thursday:eek:
whats your fav kettlebell person?

I have been cheating on my abs:eek: these days. Week 3 of sts meso 2 the discs are soooooooo long...one clocks in at 69 min:eek: When i pyramid down i think i will skip this week and do either 2 or 4 2 times:eek:

have a great day

Good Afternoon Ladies!

Today was BR Hot Body work out as per Zuzanna's schedule. 15 min circuit that looks like this:

side to side lunges
reptile push ups
v up crunch
prisoner squat
knee raise off dip station

The circuit is done 3x thru at 55s max effort per exercise w/5s rest btwn. Finished off with about 7 mins of Tonique Mat exercises done on your back with a 10# DB resting on my pelvis. Didn't take long to feel that one! ;):eek:

Barb:: Love AS!

Wiggie:: Great job with BR. I don't count my reps unless the work out is based on rep counts. When it's max reps I just let em fly and don't keep track. As long as I'm grunting groaning burning and sweating I figure I am doing something right! ;) The numbers will just mess with my head. :confused:

Steph:: Oh I am excited now! I hope Atletica doesn't show up til Friday!;) My fave kettlebell instructor...hmmm...is that a trick question? LOL I really can't say I have one right now...haven't been back into the bells long enough yet...I can say though that the Kettlebell Bootcamp dvd I have is a goodie and the one Amy Bento KB w/o I did was a winner as well! HTH a bit atleast. :) Anthony Dilugio is a popular KB instructor and I have some of his stuff. He's an excellent instructor but the dvds are super expensive and only worth it if you are really into KB training IMO.

Hello Ladies!!

Steph, I don't know that I would call myself a bodyrocker just yet, but I'm working on it!!

Barb, BR is really tough, but fun at the same time, and she gives plenty of modifications for beginners.

Wendy, I didn't count reps either, I just did as many as I could. I couldn't get Tuesday's workout to play, I can't remember the name, Silent something. Tomorrow's is called My Buns Hurt, mine are hurting just thinking about it!!

I ended up doing 20 min of step got bored with it, then did Chalene's Burn It Off.

Well, off to bed, Good night All!!

Hi Ladies.

This morning was BR's Silent Killer Work Out and boy oh boy was it aptly moving! Fast moving weight circuit. Tons of squats, lunges, some ab work and pull ups. OY. I was dripping with sweat when I was done! I was so sweaty that I took one hand off the barbell I was using for squats/lunges on the last set of squats and that side slid right off my shoulder!:eek: Nothing broken including me so it's all good but it COULD have been much worse! :confused:

My UGI BALL got delivered y'day. I'm so excited!:D

Wiggie:: The Silent Killer work out link didn't work until this morning so that may be why you had trouble with it. The My Buns Hurt work out should be right up my alley since that's what I am kinda trying to put a bit more focus on these days! :D

Hello All!!

Wendy, I'm excited for you!! What color did you get? Really glad the barbell didn't hurt you!! My lower half is what needs the most work too! I don't know if I should do Silent Killer or My Buns Hurt, decisions, decisions.

Well, it's 3:40 right now & I don't get off till 5:00, so I guess I have plenty of time to think about it.

Be back later.

you guys are totally giving me the body rock bug!

Wiggie let me know what you did.
Wendy..glad you didn't get hurt..

i seriously have to do one tomorrow and report back:D

Good evening everyone. Yesterday I went for a 2 mile walk, that is all the energy I had. Today's workout was CLX Lean Circuit 2. I am not liking the phase 3 so far. I just might do Lean Circuit 3 on Friday and then mix it up after.

Well tonight was weigh in night and I am down 2.6lb, woo hoo!!

Wendy and wiggie you guys rock on doing those tough body rock workouts!!

Steph good luck on body rock when you do it. I know I can't. Maybe one day. I like to watch a video and do my workout. It's just easier for me.

Have a great evening everyone!!!

Hello Everyone!!

Barb, phenomenal job on the weight loss!! I guess I spelled that right, I wanted to say something that says that 2.6 is better than just good!! I haven't weighed this week yet, I'm going to do it on Saturdays from now on. When I do BR I usually put in a TF HIIT workout that is the same length of time. I am also very accustomed to working out to a video.

Steph, I decided to do Silent killer plus I did most of Insanity Max Interval Circuit. I just feel I have to do an hour.

Wendy, did you use your ugi ball yet?

Good Morning.

Today's BR work out was entitled : My Buns Hurt! and this is what it looks like:

Time: 16min.Workout Type: Intervals and CombosExercises: 4
  • Sandbag Lunge Back Press Up & Squat Leg Lift-40 sets total for time
  • Rocket Launchers12 rounds - 4minutes of intervals
  • Kick Ups-20 sets for time
  • Jump Lunges/Mountain Climbers-10/10 seconds x 12 rounds
It was tough and even tougher on my poor sore legs! If my buns hurt tmrw and my legs are still sore I am going to be in serious trouble!:eek: LOL

I did my usual 100 rep jump rope warm up with this and added 5 mins of jump rope afterwards since I had a little bit of extra time.

Wiggie:: I didn't get to use my UGI BALL today. Bummer. :( Maybe tmrw?? I know with in the next few work outs though I do one that utilizes the ball A LOT! I've done the w/o before but can't wait to do it w/o having to sub in different equipment!

Barb:: Great job on the weight loss!!! High fives!!! Keep it up! :)

Steph:: I hope you report back today with your first BR experience!;)

Good morning. Yesterday I went for walk again. Today workout was CLX Lean circuit 3. This one I like but i am going to start mixing up next week because I can't see myself doing this for 3 more weeks. Just not my style. I might add some Cathe in there. I think I might do the pyramid next week doing upper body twice and lower body once. Well have a great weekend everyone!

Today's work out was was 10 mins of jump rope followed by a 10 min BR called "Found the love" or something like that. It's as many sets of 1 divebomber push up and 1 knee raise (or rollover and do one knee in crunch as mod if no dip station) as possible in 10 mins. I modified with the crunch and did 2 instead of one. Completed 25 sets in the 10 mins.

Legs are still fired up :eek: but buns feel nothin :confused:....

Happy to report that the scale is my friend! I am .2 below goal as of this morning! :)

Tmrw is a rest day since I'll be out of town. Leaving tonight for a girls' weekend. Hope to work out on Sunday when I get back though...Fingers crossed.

Gotta go...BBL or on Sunday!

Hello All!!

Yesterdays workout was STS M1D3 Legs. Today I will do BR & some add on, probably an Insanity workout. My eats today;

B-2 slices blueberry toast, banana, coffee
S-banana
L-small burger, salad
D-don't know yet

Wendy, I know you're gonna have fun this weekend, I haven't done that in a while.

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

Good afternoon. Hope everyone had a great weekend.

This morning I went for a 45 minute walk. My vertigo has been really off this past week. Today isn't as bad but there. I do take medicine for it.

I think tomorrow I will do PUB. I haven't done that in a while and love it.

My eats is ok but could do better. Have a great day everyone.

Hello Everyone!!

My wedding anniverary is 10/4 (3rd)so my husband & I celebrated this weekend by going out of town, we got back today. We had a great time, we couldn't take our usual week off because he just went back to work on 9/11 after being out with his surgery.

I bought a dress a size too small several weeks ago as another way to measure my progress, & even though I didn't lose this week the dress now fits, so I'm happy.

My workouts this weekend were Travel Fit & Fire 55 EZ. Yes, I worked out even though I was on vacation. My eating wasn't too bad, I ate a pretty big meal for dinner Sunday, but I ate very light the rest of the day.

Today's workout was HIIT 30/30 & Fire 45 EZ. I ate very healthy today, (still making up for Sunday),& I definitely will not be weighing until Saturday(my new weigh in day).

Barb, hope you feel better soon.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.