Workout? What Workout? HATE Nov 6

August

Cathlete
Okay, so today is now my off day which was supposed to be tomorrow. x(

I went out for lunch (grilled fish, salad, miso soup, I-don't-know-what-you-call-it-in-English kind of tofu called Okara) and it was delishlishlish. Much better than the fish I make ;) .

Then, when Mom and I were at the health store picking up supplies, I got a call saying that I'm needed at work :eek: . So I'm back to change and then I'm off like a sweaty pair of sneakers.

I hope Step It Strong which is supposed to be my "challenge" workout for the week doesn't create havoc for the workout that I'm to do the day after...

Anyway, have a great workout and check you guys out later!

I just this moment got home, took off my clothing and put on my sloth clothes, washed my face, turned on the computer, made myself some peppermint tea, getting ready to take it easy before bed....

...........................and now I hear that friggen sweet potato man truck calling out.

Crap.

What do I do.

Do I put on a bra? LOL.

I'm going to ignore that STUPID truck.

August - Sweet potato man truck?? I must have missed some posts!

This morning I woke up feeling sick sick sick. So no workout...yet. I usually feel horrible first thing in the morning, but once my medicine kicks in, I feel a little better. Today's workout is supposed to be a 20 minute workout and then a stretch, so I should be able to fit that in after work if I am feeling alright.

August,

When you say sweet potato man, I picture the Helms Bakery truck from my youth. Had this sick kind of horn. Did you catch him? The sweet potatoes sound wonderful, though. Probably worth the run.

Almost my favorite dish at Thanksgiving is the sweet potato casserole that I bring. I LOVE the sweet potato casserole!!!

Today's workout was the 70 1/2 minute premix from Bodymax2 (Cardio & Weights). The step part was fun, not anaerobic and the weight work was adequate. It went pretty fast. On a weekend or day off I'll do the entire thing, but just didn't have the time.

This is a HATE checkin, right? I LOVE sweet potatoes more than I HATE cardio. Sorry. That's my confession.

Diane, sorry you don't feel well. Hope the meds take care of it, you get on a roll and carry on with your day.

August, I assume you speak Japanese. How did you learn it?

Must get ready for work now at the prison. I think I'm the one with the ball and chain at my computer, instead of pounding rocks, I pound the keyboard...

Jeanette

August, I say to hell with the bra - follow that truck!!--LMAO! Oh man, you have the worst luck when it comes to the sweet potato man. Doesn't he come by at the same time everyday? Forgive me if I've already asked this, but does he have sweet potato toppings? How do they come? Are they wrapped in foil or something? At the very least, it sounds like you had a nice day with your mom:+ --How did "Step it Strong" go?

Diane, I'm sending you powerful positive vibes so that you'll find the time to give this rotation your all. I know how bogged down you are at work, but I'm very excited that you and Jeanette are doing this rotation.

Jeanette, now you have me trying to figure out if there's something I love more than I hate cardio. Thinking...thinking...thinking...Hmmmm...I can't think of a thing that I love MORE than I hate cardio--lol!

Kate, it'd be fun if you could join us in the November rotation. I'm sure you'd put us all to shame.

Dana, I wish you could join us, too, but I know that's not likely with all your current demands.

Jana--are you still with us. Your job is seriously interfering with our play time--lol!

Ellen, are you following a rotation? Did you preorder Cathe's DVD's? I feel like I haven't "seen" you in forever!

Okey-dokey - it's time I got up out of this chair and get something accomplished. I'll BBL :* :*

My votes with Michele. CHASE THAT TRUCK THE MOMENT YOU HEAR IT!!. Take a deep breath and race for the door, down those stairs (nevermind anyone in the way - run them down - I'm sure they will completely understand - better yet yell "sweet potatoe man - incoming" on your way by - they'll probably join ya). Crash through the door and SPRINT.

And to be quite honest...let that little bugger know that you are a faithful customer and who would like him to slow a bit while passing!! Maybe you could communicate with him as to using a flag system. Flag out the window - or throw a hankerchief out (that's kind of romantic eh). Drastic measures for awesome potatoes.

Briee (I'm goin back to chin now - have a good one guys)

Also...how do they fix those? I'm starting to crave them and its not thanksgiving yet!!

I think August went after the truck...

Drat, I won't know until after I get home from work tonite.

Jeanette

OH! OH! OH! OH!

I couldn't sleep so I got out of bed again to surf the Japan internet for yoga LOL.

I found 3 of the yoga workouts I was looking at! So now they are on their precious way to me. I'm thrilled!

Diane - This is the first time you're reading me talk about the Sweet Potato Man? How can that possibly be?! Girl, read the posts! LMAO! Anyway, I hope you feel better.

Jeanette - You know, I've desperately ran after that stupid truck a few times already, only to walk home empty-handed and slightly humiliated. It's like it's taunting me...but I didn't run after it tonight. I wish everyone could try these sweet potatoes. I mean, it's like they aren't even sweet potatoes after they've been cooked slowly over those rocks. They are freakin crustless pies, that's what they are.

Crud, I should have tried running after it.

What on earth is 70 1/2 minutes? Does that mean it's 35 minutes? LOL.

It must be fun to say "Well, I have to go to prison now. See you later." when you go to work.

Oh, as for the Japanese, I learned it the hard way - at college. :-(

Michele - I was thinking the same thing! I think that truck was taunting me around the same time last time...and that was around 8:30pm. I am SO gonna be ready at 8:30pm tomorrow. No toppings, nothing fancy, nothing needed. It's just his ol' run-down stupid truck with a huge loud-speaker on top, and a big metal box in the pickup, full of hot rocks and lovely sweet potatoes. Each one is like a huge, swollen foot (sorry, that's not very appetizing, is it LOL), and he sells it to you by weight, then wraps it in a newspaper (Japanese don't eat the skin of most fruits and veggies, those wackos). The skin of the sweet potato just slips right off, and you sink your mouth into the sweet, soft mush.

Oh yeah, I'm SO gonna be SO ready at 8:30pm!!

I got called to work suddenly, so tomorrow's rest day became today's rest day. I was going to do it since I got home early, but sheesh, I didn't have the gumption to run after the stupid truck, let alone do a circuit workout LOL.

Oh hey, I noticed there's a November Rotation thread started...not that you'd be...interested...?

Briee - Those sweet buggers are heated ever so slowly over heated rocks. Like heated up for hours and hours and hours until they turn into magic pie filling. I'm not joking. You wouldn't want to put a dang thing on them because it would only distract from the already wonderfully perfect taste.

OMG! WHY DIDN'T I RUN AFTER HIM!!!!!????!?!!!!!

Man, I need my yoga workouts. :D

I just realized.....I bought 3 DVDs, but actually, they are all sets! So actually, 9 are on their way! :7 :7 :7 :7 :7

SOOOO ready at 8:30pm, SOOOOOOOO ready!

August, you should check out the Nov Rotation thread. I'm in there--yes I am!!:eek: :D ;( :D ;( :D (I'm obviously conflicted about it). So is Diane and Jeanette--how about that!?

I quite like Briee's idea (Hi Briee!!) of hanging a flag in your window for the sweet potato man to stop. The handkerchief seems a bit dramatic--for the sweet potato man--but would be a nice touch for someone else.}(

Speaking of "someone else"--August, it's very hard for me to comprehend why you don't have a DH or an SO. I've never seen you yet I know you are beautiful--especially on the inside--and FUNNY!! I think you're a national treasure;)

I'm not getting a damn thing accomplished. I've had work to do on the computer and I can't resist keeping the forums open in another window. I need to sign off once and for all. See you later :* :*

ETA that Jeanette has not yet posted in the Nov Rotation thread, but she will, right, Jeanette?--lol!

August, I forgot to congratulate you on finding some Yoga DVD's in Japan. You'll have to keep us posted on your yoga research.:7

WOW! You guys are all already there on the Nov rotation thread?! GOOD FOR YOU! I'll have to go sneak a peak.

Oh yeah, I totally was going to write about Briee's suggestion about the flag, but then I got too wound up talking about the eating part LOL.

The way my apartment is, if I were to hang a flag out my window, the only people who would see it would be the other people in the apartment that faces mine......no street. That's part of my problem. I can HEAR the dang truck, but I can't see him until I actually go out of my building and down the street. So cruel...:*

What a sweet thing to write, Michele. Thank you. My boyfriend (American) and I broke up years ago, and since then I just haven't met anyone in particular. I guess you could say I'm married to my work. :p ( or should that be x( ...? LOL) I've dated Japanese men, too, of course, so it's not that that's a problem.

Hey, I should try to date a sweet potato man, that way I'd be satisfied, even psychologically!

My middle finger hurts so bad from using my computer touch pad. Really, like the pain runs through my finger all the way up and to my back. Good thing I spent all that time researching the internet for yoga so that I could mess up my back in order to take full advantage of the yoga. LMAO.

Hey chickies. Just popping in here while the oven preheats (gotta make dinner ya know).

Michele - I agree with you 100% on August which is why I tried to play matchmaker with her and my brother. But when I told my brother that I found him a woman in Japan he thought I was nuts!!! But on a positive note, he did say that he would love to visit Japan so I say the match is on!!! Seriously though, if/when he does decide to visit Japan, I'm going to have August be his tour guide. tee-hee

So you want to date the sweet potato man, eh??? We could call you Mrs. Potato Head then. HAAA!!!!!!!!!!

DH is hunting but if he gets home soon enough I"m going to do some type of workout. Had my physical and according to their scales and my brain, I need to lose 42lbs. Not a good number. It is doable though. My motivation has gone bye-bye so I've got to find it.

I'll try to check in later. Got dinner to make and a feather to work on.

Peace out!

Something is totally wrong with my computer. Everytime I post it never shows up. I posted like 2 or 3 times the other day but it never shows up. What the heck is wrong?????? If you can see this but I can't why?????????????????????????

Hi August - Sorry I have missed the sweet potato man. Life has been crazy lately and most days I just check in while eating breakfast in the morning which only takes a few minutes. I need to get better at doing the personals. But once you get behind, it takes so long to catch up!!!

Dana - I can see your posts! I can see your posts! That's weird about your computer.....You sweetie! Is your brother really coming to Japan for a visit? That would be soooo fun to meet him. Send him! Send him!

Diane - Well, it's great that you can even check in since you're so busy, so don't sweat the personals. Unless the sweat is aerobic LOL.

Hi,
I'm back from the salt mines. Actually, all I could think about at work today were sweet potatoes. I went shopping right after work and I had it in my mind to buy some, but when I think sweet potatoes, I'm thinking of the deep orange ones. When I got to Safeway, they had sweet potatoes and yams, but I couldn't tell the difference. I have it in my head also that yams are the dark orange ones and sweet potatoes are the light ones. Is that right? Anyway, I'm not sure what I bought but they aren't dark orange. Rather anemic looking. I will have a nice one tomorrow night before I do my Cardio Coach #4 for the first time.

One Thanksgiving, my sister made the beloved sweet potato casserole, (which I have since crossed out sweet potatoes and put yams in the recipe title). She bought and cooked the sweet potatoes. They were yellow so she had to add food coloring to them to make them the beautiful deep orange that I love.

Guess I'm picturing you in a very metropolitan area and this broken old truck (like Sanford & Son) driving around with the potatoes and hot rocks, completely like out of the past or something.

Guess I need to check out the November rotation and post my workout today. You would not believe how sore I am today from Butts and Guts on Saturday. The sorest part is between my inner thighs and hamstrings. She has you do these plie jumps and I think that's what did it. I am more sore today than yesterday.

Michelle, hope you got lots done today. On my days off, while doing housework, I find myself coming back inbetween washing clothes or vacuuming and checking for activity on line. A real time waster, that's for sure. It could be worse, I could be hanging out down at the local bar or playing poker online or buying exercise vid...whoops, we won't go there. Anyways, you catch my drift?

Dana, nice to read your posts. Wouldn't it be something with your brother and August? Dana, let us know what workout you are doing. I almost picked a chickened out of Bodymax2 this morning, but I knew Michelle would be doing it so I had to do it.

Must run,

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.