Workout Warriors the Healthy and the Healing July 12-18

Janis I'm glad your test gave you answers if not all of them. Hopefully, when you see the doctor he'll be able to help you get set up with therapy and whatever else you need. Just sounds terribly frustrating and I really feel for you right now.

I know you are right about the not warming up enough. Totally guilty here even though I know better.

I was really bummed that I had to miss Nicholas' second game. After losing the first one by 1 run, they won 14-7 and he got to pitch the last inning. Birthday party was fine for Derek, but because the birthday boy on his own invited a lot of extra people, my friend was too busy hosting to talk much. They'd been in CO for 10 days, so I hadn't see her in awhile to catch up. Derek did go swimming and make me a nervous wreck. Actually swimming would be the wrong term, wading and hanging out in the water with kids who are taller than he is, so that he was out there chin up and face barely out of the water and probably on tippy toes! I just had to keep track of his little head bobbing around.

Ok, I don't know why it is, but every time I do STS something happens to my rest weeks. I didn't do anything this weekend and I had planned to get up and do KPC today and I discover two dogs sleeping on my porch. So, I put them in the kennel and then had to keep Sparty in and entertain him so he wouldn't bark while the boys were still sleeping. After DH left, I just let them all out together with access to the kennel, yard and house and Sparty and the male boxer fell in love and spent all their time trying to fit their mouths over the others body parts. Head, neck, legs..... The female wasn't fond of Sparty, but managed to do ok. She was limping, so I think even if normally she would have played, she wasn't up to it. Anyway, I called animal control and they had a report of them, and gave me the owners number and she came and got them. They apparently escaped yesterday morning and she didn't know it until she got home late in the day. So, that's left Sparty in mourning and exhausted. Also, shows how much he would love a companion, though I'm not sure I'm up to that level of chaos on a regular basis.

Taking the boys to the fair this afternoon and planning to take pics to show the guinea pig group in hopes of finding a new home for Derek's.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.