Work, Work Wednesday ~*~*DGMT~*~* 3/12

TXGin

Cathlete
Good Morning Ladies!

Today I ran/walked and then did PP. PP was just right and I could not do much more. I'm getting better, but am still tired. Yesterday at school I felt really light-headed and dizzy. Others have told me that it can take 2 weeks to recover from the flu.
I think the time change has affected the children in my class. A couple of the boys seem more cranky than usual.

Deanie--Where are you? I worry about you when you haven't started the thread!:eek: Your rotation plan sounds good for the next 3 months. Hopefully after that we can start STS!?

Marcy--You had a good Tracey workout yesterday. Her treadmill w/o sounds interesting, IF I only had a TM! Enjoy you dancing tonight. DWTS starts next week, I think. I have 10 in my class.

Glad to hear that you both have healthy appetites. I work with women who don't eat breakfast, then don't bring their lunch to school and wait until they get home to eat at 2pm!?!? I would be sick!:eek:

Have a great day!
Gin:)

Good Morning Ladies!

Today I did CIA 2701 (only the step workout) with Kim Miller. It was about 48 minutes and I burned 314 calories. Not bad for a short workout. It was complex and dancy and I actually didn't get it all the first time out which is okay since I need a challenge.

Gin - I would be on the floor if I had to wait until 2pm to eat. I do most of my eating before 2:00. I need a lot of fuel to get me through the day. Like Deanie, I always carry around a bar with me wherever I go. Yes, the flu can take up to 2 weeks to get over so don't do IMAX 3 too soon! I can't wait for DWTS. I saw a small clip of Kristi Yamaguchi on Insider. I think she might be the one to beat. It seems the athletes wind up winning more.

Deanie - It's possible you might like Tracey's walking workout. There's a clip on Collage if you want to check it out. Sorry, don't mean to enable.;-)

Have a great day! BBL.

Marcy

Oh My G-d!! I forgot to check in this morning!!!!LOL:7 :7 I usually do between one son going off to school and waking up my younger son! This morning older DS had such a BAD morning I totally forgot and just woke up my younger DS!!!:7 :7

Anywhoo.... Today I did HSC! I had so much fun! (sorry Gin) I used the same weights as Cathe, and my legs were shakin' from the hoover squats!

Gin~ I'm sorry you still don't feel well! PP was the right choice then... I know its so hard to get better when you teach, so many kids come to school sick. My mom recommended these: echinacea, sootherbs. I haven't had a chance to look for them, but she said they help you stay well?....Are you going to take tomorrow off from working out? I am going to do LIS cardio only and take Sat. off. I also would be on the floor (prob. by 10:30) if I didn't eat breakfast. But I also work with someone just like that!! doesn't eat till 2pm! Whats with that?

Marcy~ NO more enabling!!!LOL I was late for school today lookiing at the squat racks from Walmart and Dicks!! Why am I even considering it??? Haven't I spent enough money?? I keep saying, I will wait and do STS before I buy a squat rack, but I keep looking anyway:) Have you now tried all your new CIA workouts? Are any of them keepers?

Deanie

Hi Again!

I am in need of a new pair of running shoes and I was looking back in my workout log to see when I bought my last pair. Then I started looking at years past and noticed that my first Cathe (PH taped from FitTV) was done on 3/12/04. Exactly 4 years ago today. :) So this is my Cathe Anniversary! I also realized that I used to run 6 days a week plus 3 workout videos. I exercised 7 days a week for years. All that running did not change my body.

Marcy--If YOU didn't get the CIA step routine the first time, I know I NEVER want to try it!!;-) I did notice that IMAX3 has a step combo only premix. IMAX3 is on the rotation next week.

Deanie--Glad you are okay and glad you enjoyed HSC. I am sadly stacking up all of the dvds that I am missing as if I am going to squeeze them all in at some point. I think I will take a yoga day tomorrow. My DH gave me the flu. He had it first! But then he did take care of me after I took care of him.

I am so completely exhausted right now, all I can think of doing is sleeping. Pitiful!:eek:

Hi Again!

Deanie - No, I haven't tried all of the CIA workouts yet but I'm getting there. 2702 (Hi/Lo and Step - Kim Miller) and 2705 (Absolute Kickboxing - Kim Spreen) are keepers. 2601 (Cardio Camp - Kim Spreen) is also one of my favorites. 2701 (Gay Gasper) and 2703 (Nekea Brown) went in the trade pile. I still have to do All Body Attack by Sharon Twombly (circuit workout) and some older ones. I have to say that I like most of the stuff CIA puts out. Kick It (9907) by Janis Saffell and Latin Grooves by Sherry Jacquelyn are also keepers.

I guess it depends how much you'll be lifting with STS. I guess if you got to 80-100 pounds, I would get it. I know I can lift 50 over my head but I don't know how much more. I've never tried. I would wait and try STS without it before I ordered one. Sorry for enabling!:(

Gin - Happy Anniversary:) ! I think October 28th is my 3rd year anniversary (Rhythmic Step taped from Fit TV). Yoga sounds like a good idea for tomorrow. I'm surprised you didn't mention that running helped lean out your legs. I always hear people saying that running helped in that area (not that you need help - I wasn't trying to imply otherwise). Now I don't feel so bad that I don't do it. But I say if you love it, do it. You certainly love your cardio. I usually don't preview before I do new workouts but I'm sure I would've gotten it all if I had previewed. Go take a nap! You sound like you need it.

Marcy

Good Afternoon!

Gin~ Sorry you are still feeling bad! Where is your DH? I will yell at him!;-) I hope you feel better soon. Yoga is a great idea for tomorrow. Happy Cathe anniversary!:7 I have no idea when mine is:( I hope you are napping!!

Marcy~ WTG with the chinups! You will be so ready for STS!I can get 65# over my head, but it is really!! hard. I would like just the squat rack, but then I thought, with a bench I prob. could do more weight for chest presses....I'm sure I could talk myself into buying one in no time, and Dicks had them for a really good price....(NO--must stop!!!x( :7 ) Oh, I liked the article you posted about pushups!

Have a great day!
Deanie

Hi Again!

Deanie - Glad you liked the pushup article. Note: when they said how many a 40-year old woman should be able to do they based it on knee pushups not toe pushups. I guess we're in great shape! Have you used the slanted risers yet? Looks like I'm going to have to buy those plus the Original Club Step. I only have the Reebok one and I've been wanting one for a long time. The Reebok step isn't long or wide enough and it's kind of uncomfortable when doing incline work.

Also, I really like the incline straddle pushup on the blog and that they'll be using more camera angles. Did you see that there'll be a lot more pictures starting next week? I wonder if they're doing one arm pushups. I kind of like them. The software workout manager sounds great. I can't wait to see it.

Marcy

Me Again!

I saw 4 out of 5 clips on the new CIAs. 2 of them I'm definitely keeping - Tap Less and Sweat More (complex - you know how I love it!) and Amy's Hi/Lo Cardio Knockout (although this looks really fast-paced). I don't think I'm going to like Gay's or Sharon's but luckily I have a pending trade in the works for these two if they don't work out.

Marcy

Marcy-
I haven't used my slanted risers yet, but I did try them with the step as a decline bench, just to try it out. Much more stable! I highly recommend them and the reg. step. I didn't realise you didn't have the original step. I bought mine at Dicks and it came with a Cathe dvd (can't remember which one) (I guess we are both good at pushups and enabling--LOL;-) ) I did laugh when the article said a 40 year old woman should be able to do 16-> We can do so many more than that!!:) Enjoy your CIAs!

Deanie

Tried to sleep and couldn't!x( Typical!:p
I've been working on lesson plans, but need to go buy new running shoes and my hair dryer bit the dust this morning. Those things never last very long!!
Marcy--I did see your article on pushups. I didn't realize they meant knee pushups!! I feel so much better now. I think I can do twice the # they say a 40 year old woman should be able to do. And on my toes and I'm 48. Still not near what I know you 2 can do!! And the form was bad on that video! I didn't know you didn't have the Original Step. I've had mine forever and almost got rid of it years ago before I did step at home.

Deanie--In my DH's defense, he was very sweet to me and did take good care of me while I was sick.:)

Gin - I agree, the form was awful in the video. You're in great shape too! Hope you get some sleep tonight.

Marcy

Gin~ I'm sure your DH is VERY nice! I was only joking!!:+ :7 (I feel really bad now!) HOpe you are feeling better!
I actually DID get rid of my step about 3 years before I found Cathe, then had to go buy a new one! :p Figures right? :)

Deanie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.