We're In This Together (02/03-02/10)

mini-natty

Cathlete
Good morning :)

Just wanted to get the week started. I will post later. Busy day, I have my aunt and cousin visiting this morning.

Great day to all :)

**Jen**
I read about your unfortunate circumstance. I will not post my thoughts in open discussion since it is a sensitive topic that I am quite familiar with. I do not want anyone "there" attacking me for my views. I will discuss is here at a later time.

Last edited:
Hello Friends.
Yes, time does heal all wounds. The event made me more irritated than upset although I was stunned. And, she was stunned I didn't back down but maintained maturity and even toned voice. Time to finish reading then head to the mall.
Natty----Enjoy spending time with your family. Yes, you are CORRECT. I posted it in open discussion to get feedback but NOT the digs that have occured.
Sarah----Have a Great Day.
Be back soon.

Holy cannoli, now I know why you said that Nat. I also remember why I was a lurker for so long. It's all good though, because thats what makes us grow as people knowing we all have different ways of looking at things.

I have the 3rd and last sick kid home today. The whole week was screwed up. Watch, now it will be my husband and hes the biggest baby of them all.

Sarah

Sarah and Natty-I totally agree. Sarah, you handled it like a champ!! I am happy that I didnt just sit there and take it but held my ground by repeating it several times.
Time to move on.
With my refunds in-process, I went shopping at the mall. It was rather busy. I purchased two pair of trousers and a 3/4 length pink sweater for the program and future job. Great deals on all three. I think my sweater was $7. All at JCPenney. They totally redecorated a store here and it's very clean and bright with Walmart prices. Plus, my 401-ks made it to their new home safely. Yes, I am joyful today.
Have a GREAT DAY!!!

Good evening everyone :)

Tonight's dinner is Jerk Chicken over rice and broccoli followed by my favorite cocktail, apple martini's. I have my cousin over and so we love to eat Caribbean food and have a little fun ;)

No workout tonight. I am entertaining ;). Be back at it tomorrow in full force with a kick butt cardio workout.

Jen
Regarding what happened at your seminar, I am very sorry you had to endure such a negative and probably humiliating experience. Some people are just very inconsiderate and not nice. Point blank. IMO (this is my opinion, not necessarily others) men/women who are insecure often act this way. In my 15 years with Rexall Pharmaceuticals, I have encountered many people that acted in this unprofessional manner. It taught me many things a) if you want to be a successful manager where your employees/peers respect and work hard for you, treat people how YOU would wanted to be treated b) acting like a total douche bag won't get you anywhere in the long run. Following these rules, I was able to successfully manage one of the top grossing pharmacies in Canada. I was even considered for my own store, but I rejected it to start a family. You handled the situation right. With pride, dignity and class. Just let it go Jen, that woman may be perhaps "jealous" but more likely a lady who needs to learn a thing or two about how be a decent human being.
Sarah
Since when did your opinion have to be liked by everyone else?? You also handled your comment well. A difference of opinions is what makes the world go round.

I am very hesitant to post another thread/comment in the forum for fear of someone attacking my views on life. This bothers me. I will be posting on our Check in's & Challenges still, because I really like this group of ladies and I feel comfortable talking to all of you. It's OPEN DISCUSSION, not CLOSE MINDED DISCUSSION.

Have a good night ladies :)

Thank you, Natty. I totally agree with your post. I have let it go by shopping, doing homework and working out. Also, I am very happy to have a break until Tuesday.
Yes, the attacks on the other forums are not worth it. I know someone whom has left several times and stayed away for months because she got attacked for sharing. I missed her when she was gone and asked for her then someone would PM me to let me know what happened.

Nat- I hope you had a good time last night and your dinner was delish, I'm sure. After reading your post I decided scrambled eggs weren't going to cut it. So I made chinese food.

Sarah

okay, I feel like such a ding bat...I kept checking the other thread and was wondering why no one had posted since Ellie...:eek: So now that I've found you guys again...:p

I just read your thread Jen and I know how frustrating it is when you start a thread looking for positivity and support and you get negativity and even nasty comments. I had this very thing happen to me on the Videofitness forum when I posted something before I started STS. I was frustrated because I was so excited to start STS and I had showed the STS manual to my brother in law who also works out. He and I are like brother and sister (I'm very close to my sister and so the 4 of us hang out quite a bit). Since I talk about fitness a lot with him I was excited to show him this new program I was starting and he made a comment about how Cathe looks too muscular for a woman. Well, the whole concept that some people (men and women) don't like muscles on a woman really bummed me out, but also made me irritated and mad the more I thought about it. It also (briefly) made me second guess doing STS. I posted my frustration about it and got a ton of replies that were not what I was expecting. Some were positive, and some were basically like, what is wrong with you to be affected by what someone thinks...you must be weak willed or what ever. Still others made weird posts insinuating a sexual context between my brother in law and I. It was quite the eye opener. I still go on that site but I am much more careful about what I post and especially the threads I start. It's too bad... I figure if I don't have something nice, positive or supportive to say on the forums, I'm not going to say anything! The same goes for real life...I just don't understand why that woman would have said something so ridiculous to you. It sounds like she was trying to be intimidating and "alpha-like" if you know what I mean. I'm sure she was frustrated that you held your ground and didn't back down but still managed to be polite. That kind of strength really throws people like that! ;)

Okay, time to get going. Talk to you all later! :)

Having conversation with a classmember today, he told me that he appreciates what I did for the class and he sees me as efficient-a person who takes care of business. Plus, I've made numerous contacts on Linked In in the group. He was stunned when I told him I got attacked for it but I never told him who it was.
Well, I feel blessed that my homework is done. Reading and drawing. Time to be humbled by Step Moves.

Hi everyone!

I wanted to mention that if all of you feel comfortable with a monthly thread instead of a weekly one (as I have been doing) please let me know and we can change it to a February check-in.

I bought a barbell today!! So excited to try it out!

Colleen
I am so sorry about your incident at videofitness. I don't understand people making such negative and insensitive comments. As far as I'm concerned, that's bullying. I see it done here too.......now I know why a lot of Cathletes don't post on Open Discussion and choose to stay on Check-in's & Challenges (hiding from the other threads). A few people have made "rude" comments attacking MY comments for reasons incomprehensible to me. But that's a whole other story I won't get into.

My workout tonight will be an oldie, MIC. Love that one!!

Sleep tight everyone :)

Shocker-surprise. I beat Step Moves tonight. After the second preview, I figured out the logistics of the workout. If you put it side-by-side to Athletic Step, it's almost the same workout as far as timing, break-down and even higher intense moves. Because the routine is actually shorter in AS, there is the blast at the end. Granted, I wasn't graceful with the workout and the challenge through me off at some points but I hopped back on again.

I have a lot of respect for those of you that can do complex choreography! I'm told it's great for the old noggin too (exercises your mind as well!). Great job on Step Moves!

I feel like such a lazy bum this week. I only managed to get in 4 workouts instead of my usual 5-6 a week. I've been pretty tired trying to fight off a cold I got from my daughter. I wasn't really ill but was somewhat congested with a sore throat and I can tell my immune system was working hard as I am really fatigued!

I am getting that elliptical though! We went and checked it out today and the lady is going to take $450 for it! She's really sweet and likes Mark (hubby) so I think she was more willing to give us a good price.

Good night girls!
Colleen

Good morning ladies!
Hope you had a good night of sleep. Mine wasn't that good. Woke up in the middle of the night and then fell asleep towards 5 a.m., then baby woke up crying for his milk (he told me Mummy my belly is empty :D )and now I'm perfectly awake again. Outside it's freezing cold, snow has been falling all the night long.And now I'm enjoying the peace and stillness of the house, wrapped in a blanket, and reading about you. I really enjoy reading you, sharing with you bits of ours everyday lives and our passion for Cathe...we're really in this together!

Natty: yesterday it was MIC for me too!!!I had to pause 3 times after the first half for light sips of water as yesterday wasn't able to pre-hydrate myself properly before the workout...But just a few seconds to restore my water balance and then went on that step again! This is a workout that I really love. It's simple to follow but tough and challenging at the same time, I feel so accomplished when I'm done! How about your barbell? I'm curious to hear about you on this topic! I don't own one and probably will never have in the short run because of lack of room. I'm waiting for spring, then DH will transform our garage in a sort of gym, and then we'll see if we have any money left for other pieces of equipment:)

JT: great job with Step Moves! I'm always scared about tricky coregraphy, but feel also challenged because I can't stand there's something I can't do because of my brain lazyness, so once I start a process of learning a new step dvd I have no choice: I must win the battle or I will go on for days trying that until I learn it properly :eek::D It sounds pretty childish but I'm pretty stubborn , I know...

Collen: don't worry about having completed only 4 workouts instead of 5 or 6. You've done the right thing girl! Listen to ou bodies and respect them is something really important and not all the people I know is able to recognize when it's time to stop. Congrats for your elliptical!It sounds really like a good bargain, don't let it go!

Sarah and Nikki: I hope you and your family are well!

Well... I have one great news to share with you: DH has been working out with Cathe for 2 weeks now and he's determined to lose a good 10 pounds. On Friday night he did TBT LB (yes, I've convinced him to work his legs too because he'll burn more calories :p:D)and now he's so sore in his glutes that he can barely walk :) Mr Doms paid him a visit, a very good one this time...Those dixie cup lounges have done thei job pretty well!

One last thing: I've downloaded in my Wrokout manager Cathe's February rotation and will try to stick with it as much as possible. Had to change some workouts as I don't own her entire collections, but tried to match similar workouts so hope it will bring me something good. I don't know if I'll be able to workout 6 times a week...But will try.

Well...enough talk for today, have a great Sunday to all of you!
Ellie

Good morning everyone :)

On tap today is Hardcore Extreme hi/low OR CCC. We'll see if I want to use my step today......

Ellie
I am so sorry to hear about your little boy waking. It's so tiring, hard and frustrating. I have been there so many times and I am still going through it. There are days when I feel like a complete zombie when I have been up for hours, as it is very hard for me to go back to sleep once I'm awake. I don't even know how I workout, or even function. I just keep thinking "a few more years, a few more years". I used to LOVE my sleep before I had a child. I used to make it a priority to get 8hrs/night and on days I did not work, I would take naps. It was wonderful. I have to ask, what time does your little one go to bed at night? I find sometimes if they are overtired, they get a restless nights sleep. Also, does he take 1 nap or 2? Sometimes nap adjustments/transitions also throw off their sleep. Also, congrats to getting your husband to workout to Cathe! Mine won't even look at her stuff........he thinks it's just for chicks. I tell him that she could "probably kick your butt and lift more too". Oh and please tell me what workouts you are substituting for the Feb rotation. I was thinking of downloading some of the stuff I don't have and doing it also :)

Have a good day everyone :)

Colleen-I never workout if Im sick. My Dad used to be sports med doc, one of the first in the country actually, and he advised strongly against it. Working out maxes out your system leaving your ammune system more vulnerable.Which translates you could get more ill.
Thank you for your positive comments on Step Moves. I dissected the workout b/c the mechanics are just like Athletic Step. Preview them both back to back and hopefully you will see it.
Ellie-I had fears of many workouts but Natty encouraged me. Then, I previewed it and looked at how Cathe structured the workouts so I knew I can do them and so can you.
Babies determine our lives for sleep. Sorry, you couldnt go back to sleep. Hopefully, you can catch up on your rest. Your DH did TBT-LB!! Cool!! Cathe can hurt so good.

Tonight just Circuit Blast then MMA:Fusion for Monday. My program is on break for next week except for one meeting. Getting LOTS of support from many there and the person whom gave me grief, as for now, is not around. As a former pastor always said, "Love Wins. In the end, Love will win."

Feb Rotation for me!!!!

I was intently looking at the Feb (great booty) rotation and decided to DO IT!! I downloaded Gym Style Legs and Muscle Max (I can do it now, I got a barbell!!) and figured it would be a great "shock" for my body. I have to find alternatives for some workouts (I don't have ALL the workouts in that rotation), but I figured I know Cathe enough now to come out with appropriate substitutions. ARE YOUUU READDDYYY ELLIE ??? I am with you on this one!!! Can you also post what your substitutions are so I can take a look at them please?
Jen
I am so glad you are getting the support you need and truly deserve :)

Colleen, Sarah, Nikki have a rockin' day!

Quick post about February rotation

Hi Natty!
Just popping in quickly to tell you how I modified my rotation while DH is looking after my son... :D Bare in mind that I modified the schedule according to the shifts I have to cover at work and of course according to the dvds/equipment I have. In some cases I have chosen premixes for the sake of variety or when I know I'll be short on time. I've noticed that in some cases Cathe's choices are higher in the number of calories burnt, I'll try to do my best and watch my diet as much as possible.
So this is the list of my variation:

Week 1

Mon :Athletic step + 4ds shoulder/triceps/back (I haven't got BM2)
Tue : Step works or Low Max instead of Step Max
Thurs: I have the timesaver version of legs and glutes, if I have time I'll do some extra reps or add something like LBB bonus
Sat : TBT Total body express

Week 2

Mon: TBT LB and Core max, 1 of my choice
Tue: I'll use different segments of the BB Timesaver and will come up with a slightly shorter version of KPC and add some shoulders work too
Wed: Gym style legs

Week 3

Tue : TBT LB (I really like this one , it works my legs pretty well)
Wed: Cardio Kicks
Fri: Drill Max Total body premix (there are things like bomb divers that are really challenging , I think it will shake things up a bit ;))

Week 4

Thurs: LIC Total body challenge premix

Ok that's all... Happy SUnday to all of you, hope to have time to post later!

It's been beautiful spring like weather here in Washington so I have been walkng the dog with my daughters in addition to my workouts. I am feeling back in the zone. I did LIC and finally feel as though I've wrapped my head around routine. I did AB yesterday and had fun with it. It's totally hard, but when I had to stop with the spidey mountain climbers one of the girls got on and tried so it was fun.

Colleen - it was your rest week anyway so it was perfect timing for taking it easy. Ellie - My husband did Gym Styles chest and back with me once. It kicked his butt. He's never done Cathe since.

Nat and Ellie - I love that new rotation, I considered stopping STS LIS and starting that one. But know that I found my groove thing I will finish and do that one as soon as I'm done.

Nat - Have fun with you new barbell. I love getting new equipment even if it's just new bands. It just makes you look forward to using it and feeling almost professional about it. Silly I know.

Jen - Conquer Step Moves after one shot. I bow to you.

Nikki - I hope you were able to enjoy a little down time this weekend. As a single mom of 3 who works full time and exercises, is there any down time for you? Do your boys play the 3 major sports that pretty much cover the entire year? Or do you have some months off from sports?

Sarah

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.