We're In This Together (01/27-02/03)

mini-natty

Cathlete
Good morning everyone :)

Jen
KEEPING MY FINGERS CROSSED. WHAT GREAT NEWS!!!!

Just to clarify, I did not post a health question on the open discussion. I would never do that, IMO health issues need to be related to MY DOCTOR not Cathletes. I was actually referring to someone else that did, and got "scary" responses. That's why I made a mental note. But hey, freedom of speech.

Got a better night last night. Unsure which workout I might do when Bella goes to bed.

What's for dinner tonight everyone?? What are your plans for the w/e?

It's a good thing you mentioned in the other thread you started a new week! I would have kept checking that one, Hee:eek:. I'll have to replace the old thread on my favorites bar. Today was Circuit Blast! That is such a fun work out and perfect when I don't have a ton of time to workout. I forgot how much high impact there was. Tuck jumps and frog hops would kill my knees but fortunately they translate perfectly to the rebounder. :) I don't know what it is, but so often these days when I plan on doing a dvd by another instructor I almost always wind up choosing Cathe instead. Not 100% of the time but probably 90%!

You'll have to keep us updated on the job situation Jen. I really hope it works out for you!

They just handed me a patient file...time to get to work!:p

You guys are making me want Athlectic Step. But I won't let myself until I take the time to learn the others I already have. But the idea of not having to learn it first is appealing.

While in the process of dropping the kids off for the weekend last night, I went to dinner at a hole in the wall place. Thinking an omelet would be a safe choice I ordered a veggie one. It was terrible. I regret wasting the calories on it and it was full of grease. My stomach is talking back. Do you guys feel that way? Where you you wasted a perfectly good meal on crap.

Jen - I hope you get the job.

Do any of youu get to go workout with Cathe?

Nikki - I used Cathe's nutrition software last year to loose 10 Pnds. I really liked it. I checked out My Fitness Pal. Do you take the calorie burn from Cathe's website and transfer it to My Fitness Pal, guesstimate, or have one of those heart rate monitors?

Hello Everyone.
The job, I won't know till April at least and thank you for the encouragement.
Meals, you ask? I just had a roast beef panini sandwich loaded with chips. I mostly eat two meals a day. No dinner tonight.
Tonight it's 30/30 on HiIT.
Haven't done my reading although it finally hit me to adjust my 4 year old printer to Windows 7 for printing business cards. The ones that I am using turned out not like the template but are unique so I am going to use them. I feel like I'm back in graduate school. Not complaining.

Sarah
I so can relate to crappy food I wasted money on several times :mad:
Hope your stomach feels better :(
Collen
I loved my rebounder! It broke :(

I must say, I am kinda upset that I can't go on the RT. I would have loved it, but unfortunately, I can't just take off and go. We are on a single income and it's a bit tight right now. Flight and hotel stay + RT fee would cost me well over $500 (on the low end). Oh well, perhaps next year :(

I have to go, my daughter is really trashing my living room. I hear lego's being thrown everywhere!! CleanMax. I do that workout a few times/day :mad:

Natty-For 6 years, I've never been on a RT either although it's only five since I really knew about them. Last year would've been an opportune time for me to go. Although, it will be Glassboro only for me.

JM Extreme Shed & Shred was on the agenda for tonight. Level 2, 30min. I am a sweaty mess. Really challenging and different. Jillian has a special place in my heart. And I don't care who hates her, she is HOT :)

Off to watch Mad Men. Addicted to that show :eek:

Good night ladies

Shovel Max and taxes this morning then Athletic Step later on today.
Happy Saturday, Everyone!!

Good Saturday morning :)

Man, Jillian really did a number on me last night. I am sore and it was only a 30min workout :eek: No complaints, I love it :D

Izabella is feeling much better. Thanks everyone for all your thoughtful comments.

Today is GroceryMax. Later in the evening I have a LB workout planned. But that may change. It's hard for me to adhere to workouts in the evening. I go with my mood and energy level.

Just a heads up, if anyone likes Bob Harper, his DVD's are on sale for $5 on his website MyTrainerBob !! I have 4 of his workouts and was thinking about getting the KettleBell one. IMO, his stuff is really tough. A lot of high impact and lunges, which ok, but not on a regular basis for me. Did you know he is a Vegan now?!

Have a good one!

I really like both of Bob's kettlebell work outs. There are quite a few problems with them that people bring up...he doesn't mirror que, there are a few times where he doesn't do the same number of reps on each side, and some people complain about his form but I find myself doing both of those work outs a lot anyway. They both have a great cardio factor, plus I have an itty bitty crush on him!;) Hee. I do like them though. I guess I like my kettlebells with lots of cardio whereas some of the kettlebell work outs are more strength based.

Today will be STS disc 12 (legs). My last of Meso 1! I can't believe I'm actually sticking with this! I can never usually stick to any kind of rotation. I always say I have exercise ADD...I normally can't even plan a weeks worth of work outs with out changing my mind a few days in. :eek:
Have a great Saturday everyone!
Colleen

Colleen-congrats on finishing Meso cycle 1. on cycle two, if you're up to it, start increasing your weight load. I pushed mine 2nd half of 2 and all of 3.
****No Bob and No kettlebells unless Cathe comes out with one of those workouts.***
Natty-Have fun shopping.
If you use Turbo Tax, there is a glitch on form 5695. It added almost two hours to my taxes. Thank GOD, I found an answer.

Hello ladies!
I'm pretty tired.It's Saturday night and it's been two days since I've done any kind of work-out :( Yesterday my son didn't nap at all, DH came at home from work feeling sick and throw up all night...Today was my planned day off as I had a Saturday afternoon free (worked this morning) and spent all day running errands. I really don't like when I can't have a bit of "me time" and work out regularly, but life is not easy ...Oh well, I'll try to catch up tomorrow and will kick in a good sweat.

JT: I really hope you get the job!I went through a difficult period 8 years ago as couldn't find any kind of job and was unemployed for almost 10 months, so really understand how you feel just right now...I cross my fingers!

Sarah: in Italy it's quite difficult to waste money on food but when it happens I get pretty angry especially if I had paid a lot for something cooked in a bad way:mad:Hope you're feeling better today!

Collen: well done with your mesocycle 1! I'm really curious about your results with STS, keep us posted with this!

Natty: thank you for your kind words about my spoken /written English :eek:
About my UB workouts: I don't own many dvds, my favourite is the 4DS program but I also enjoy the TBT of LIS. Otherwise, when I want something that works on endurance, I follow Tracy Effinger Squeeze stronger . Once I used to follow Kathy Smith's programs but no longer use them.

I wish you a very pleasant evening and a wonderful Sunday!!!

Good morning everyone :)

Last night was MMA Kickbox. For the first time, I am lukewarm about one of Cathe's workouts. Did not feel there was enough "kickbox". The ab section at the end was nice, but I would have preferred more kicking/punching combos. Oh well, to each his own. KPC is just so superior, I'm not sure how she can ever top a kickboxing workout like that.

Ellie
Sorry about all the illness going on right now in your home. Don't worry, things will be back to normal in no time. I know it's frustrating to have to put your workouts on hold. "Me time" is so important (I get very cranky when I don't have it).
Colleen
Congrats on Meso 1 !!! How exciting! I know what you mean about workout ADD, I have it too. I try to adhere to rotations, but along the way I just seem to change my mind and go with my mood/energy level to determine what I want to do. Have you noticed significant results?

Sarah, Jen, Nikki, hope you all are doing well :)

Have a wonderful Sunday ladies :)

Happy Sunday Ellie, Natty, Colleen, Nikki and Sarah! Supposed to snow today which means it will be more shovel max than CCC.
I think some of Shock Cardio is designed to be tamer than her other cardio workouts to compliment STS Strength so I think that is why MMA: Kickbox is nothing like KPC or KM. In STS book, she states "active recovery-cardio recommended" so the series would match. Myself, I couldnt do Hardcore Extreme 2, IMAX3 then doing MESO cycle 3 or plyo legs.

Ellie - I'm sorry your family is going through a sickness siege. It seems that way with a family. Especially in November- April.

Colleen- I too had never suck to a rotation until STS. It feels very accomplishing when you can stick with something.

Natty- I made pizza margherita last night it was delicious and worth every little calorie. It's wasn't the best choice nor the worst choice but what was bad is I ate almost a whole pizza : )

Jen- I'm sorry for you and shovelmax. How long does it take you on a average day to shovel?

After doing LIC yesterday I couldn't get that last damn step combo 4 figured out. I been doing it in my bathroom, kitchen, bedroom, anytime I get the chance in anticipation for the next time I want to conquer it. I'll get the sucker down!

Tonight will be a huge family dinner -Fried Rice, Spinach and chicken, Bean Curd and Pork, Pot stickers, and a old fashioned chocolate cake with the best frosting ever. I could smear it on anything and eat it and I'm not a frosting person. But it's like silk in your mouth.

Sarah

Sarah, what time is dinner? Sure, I can make it.
My driveway is a steep slope. Shoveling depends on how deep the snow is and how wet or dry it is.

Jen- that's stinks you have a steep slope for a driveway! Do you ever have trouble getting your car up it when it's icy? Our driveway has somewhat of a slope too and there were a few times last winter when I had to leave my car on the street and slide/stumble my way up to the house.:mad: Luckily, this winter hasn't been nearly as bad though.
Sarah- that dinner sounds awesome! Mmmm, potstickers!:p How many times have you done STS? This is my first time, and even though I've only gotten through Meso 1, I already feel so much stronger!
My results with STS so far: I've really noticed increased definition in my arms (when I look down my arm it's not a straight slope like before but curves where the muscle is). I can lift heavier things and I feel like a warrior! I already had pretty good strength in my legs (I always work them a lot) but the biggest thing I've noticed is how my upper body is changing. Love it! It's very empowering to feel strong. I can't believe I ignored my upper body for so long! I've decided my new goal, before I turn 40 in October, is to finally, once in my life, do a real pull up. I don't have the turbo tower though and instead of pull ups this go around I'm doing the tubing over the door. I plan to do another cycle of STS this summer though and have the tower by then so I can really go for it. :D
Later girls! Colleen

Last edited:
Hi everyone :)

Tonight was tacos for dinner which I do about once/month. I bought extra lean ground beef sirloin. Yummers!! Since Izabella is not fond of meat, I have been making vegan/vegetarian meals more often. This does not bother me, as I have become very fond of beans/tofu as my meat alternative substitute. I am actually trying to do 2-3 days/week where I follow a vegan diet. It's a wonderful way to get extra veggies & nutrition in your diet. And plus, I will NEVER give up my carbs. I love them far too much. I have to eat foods I love and deprivation is not an option. I am noticing that my pants are getting looser and I just feel lighter without even weighing myself (which I am not a fan of). Don't know if it's vegan related, but you never know.

This afternoon I did Hiit 40/20 + 30 min step from Step, jump & pump. That workout is so fun!! Love the music too!! I also love how she puts kickbox moves into the step combos. So cool :cool:

Sarah
Your pizza sounds delish :p Pizza is a weakness for me too, I could eat so many slices without even feeling full!!
LIC is my fav step workout!!! Combo 4 is hard, but you'll get it.

Jen
I am so sorry you have to deal with all that snow :(. I know your pain, last year when we had a house we got killed with it. And we had a huge driveway. 2-car garage on a 40ft lot.

Colleen
Don't you love the feeling of being so strong. Muscle definition is very sexy too. I was going to say something, but I have to keep this forum PG. People that know me, well let's just say my mouth can get pretty dirty sometimes. Congrats, I am sure you look like one hot mamma!!

Good night to all :)

(I have attached a pic of Bella eating beans while I was cooking last nights dinner. My little meat-hater :p )

Attachments

• Photo_00058.jpg
    Photo_00058.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 11
This week was a very hectic week. I ended up taking a rest day on Thurs and Fri. Today I did Lower Body Blast and the step only premix of Intensity. Had some good baked salmon for dinner.

Colleen-I use calicum chloride on my driveway cause its better for the enivornment, my car and my paved driveway. Today, I had to park my car on the street when I came home from church before I shoveled about 4.5" completely. If it's about 2", I shovel where my car drives up and leave the middle between the wheels covered. Last year, there was not room enough for all the snow.
Natty-Tacos!! Sounds good.
My pizza might be for the SuperBowl. Because of family, I must root for the Patriots. My sister lives in New England/upstate NY since the Lions arent there this year.
Excited and nervous about Monday.
No CCC tonight since Shovel Max did it for me, 4" plus today and yesterday.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.