Welcome to the <<CHEETAH>> Den::Friday::

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning Girls.

I was hesitant to start this thread as I figured I was just not seeing that it had been started already. I ready EVERY thread title on the first page THOROUGHLY and it was not there! I swear! LOL I figure the worst that can happen now is that I am posting at the same time as another Cheetah.

Well I caught up with personals last night and I'm not totally decided on my work out for today so I'll be back in a bit. :)

Top o' the mornin' to ya ladies!

Thanks for startin' us off Wendy....nope, you didn't miss anything.

I wish I had time to catch up on personals but I don't right now:(:mad:. I will have time this evening though while I've got a giganto pot of turkey chili simmering away on the stove:D. BTW, Shelly and Wendy...you guys are sooooooo sweet. Now I really feel bad about not getting to personals:eek:.

Okay, so I'm going to do the HRM test again today. Yesterday ended up being a below average workday due to a rain delay and having to help the electricians take care of an emergency electrical issue at the farm so I only ended up riding three yesterday. Yesterday's calorie burn was 1240 cals for 9.5 hours of "work". I put that in quotes cuz I really wasn't working for a couple of hours. Today should be more accurate.

Bowling last night sucked...simple as that:mad:. We all bowled really, really well but still got our clocks cleaned. This particular team, for whatever reason, *always* has career nights against us. I swear we are the team with the gigantic bullseye on our backs.

Gotta scram (for now). I'll talk to you gals later. Have a great day!

HI Cheetah Friends

Wendy- Thank you for getting us started this morning. What are you up to ?

Wendi- That stinks about bowling. I hope you managed to enjoy your self in spite of the outcome

Cathy- Thanks for the link to the CL Zucchini recipes. I roasted 3 of them with a light brushing of olive oil and salt. simple and yummy. I'll have to try something different tonight. Or make a bread for the kids.

Dallas- Thanks for the reminder for the zucchini, that is exactly what I did. For my foot, I have been rolling a can under it similar to the golf ball or tennis ball method. The new pain is much more lateral than true PF symptoms. I am guessing I strained something more laterally located in response to the tight/inflamed tendon or fascia.

I have to go back and re read yesterday's thread to refresh my memory.

In the mean time my butt is :eek:screamin':eek: to me this morning. There really is nothing like a B&G for my behind. It must be the endless reps at moderate weight. I did get DOMS too from NROL4W at high weights and low reps, but I had to get my weights really high to do it. In retrospect, I probably would have benefited from a 1RM test at the onset.

Well, all this positive talk about the nutrition site has urged me go revisit my Sparkpeople page. In the spring I put in many of my custom foods and they are gone now, WTH? But I did record yesterday and did well. I even watched my family eat Ben & Jerrys Cookie cough Ice cream during the Bills Game/ Olympics and resisted.

Today will probably be some kind of cardio on the semi recumbent bike or EXT, I'll decide when I get down stairs.

Good mornin Wendy, Wendi and Judy. I'm trying to get my rear in gear to workout. I'm going to do 3-4 treadmill run. It is humid again. I hate it :mad:. I guess I better get my workout in before I roast. BBL for personals.

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...today is supposed to be the very hot day. Luckily as I go into work early, I will be running early! Good job working the bum yesterday...:)

Wendy...Sounded like a good TM run yesterday. I never would have guessed you at 130 either. You do have a lot of muscle!!..:)

Wendi....ahh, sorry about bowling last night. Good calorie read for yesterday at work though.

Judy...Sadie and Beau are getting along very good. Beau continually makes me laugh as he is so cute, puppies can be so fun! B&G does get into that area!! That is weird you lost your custom foods with Sparkpeople?? I have a lot of custom foods..

Karen...yes, you did get a lot of goodies in that bag!! WOW! Sorry about the humidity. Hope you enjoy your TM run.

Dallas...sorry about the high emotional day yesterday. I can only imagine it will happen form time to time. Rest would be good if you are feeling nauseous. I hope your MIL will be back on track with her treatment soon. Sending {{{{HUGS}}}}...So you are going to sign up for the nutrition program here??...It is fun...:)

Posh...yep, it should be a scorcher today. Yesterday was a bit more humid too...yuk!! I went to Western States a few years ago (when it was really hot!!) My sister and I were going to pace someone, but she had to pull out early so thankfully we never had to run in that heat!!

Christine...thanks re my siggy. It took forever to get something to work!! Sounds like a fun mish mosh with BM2. I use mix & match a lot with the GS series.

Gloria...well Safflower oil does have Omega 6 which Olive oil does not! Thanks re my siggy (it is football season!!). So did you get some work done for the school year!

Jackie..I have been enjoying the beach volleyball. Our girls almost blew it last night..:confused:...And Phelps with his 11th gold!! Good job with iClimb and Rich yesterday...:D

LaDonna...I agree with Wendy "the more the merrier" nice to see you again. How fun you have a half coming up!

I am doing MM shoulders, bi's and back and a 3-4 mile interval run.

Have a great day..:)

TGIF CHEETAHS!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Jackie – I know what you mean about eating half of the 3500 calories and not gain weight. I guess if we trained like that we could, but we have lives! ME is a goodie. Sounds like you got in a great workout yesterday!

Karen – wow! Nice Stash for a goodie bag! I do find the smaller, less “real” races have better goodie bags, but man, I never had a haul like that! I’ve done that with Pepsi – drank the whole thing before I realized it was not diet. Made me so mad! Today is another day…

LaDonna – WELCOME!!! Come on back – the more the merrier.

Gloria – Yes, I think we have a lot of “cheeseheads” here. Cleaning is not fun, but it is certainly satisfying when it’s done. Ooohh, I love snow shoeing! Nice to have a DH who rents them! You’ll get to try the best. When does school start?

Wendy – Sounds like you got in a nice run in yesterday! Enjoy your run and pilates today. Hope you like the class. Well, we do get rain in the winter. :p And sometimes windy days, but yeah, usually it’s nice. I can ride in January. Calorie staggering sounds like a good idea! Thanks for starting the thread!!!

Wendi – Oooh, turkey chili! Sounds wonderful! Does your calorie count include bowling or only work? (only? 9.5 hours is never “only”) Sorry bowling sucked last night!

Judy – B&G gets me too. I have a huge dread factor for it as I know I’ll be hobbling the next day. Good for you for logging into Spark People! Have fun today.

Karen – not a fan of humidity either. Hope you manage to get in the run!

Carole – It’s supposed to be hot there today? We’re experiencing a “cooling trend”. Maybe it’ll reach you this weekend. It’ll be interesting to see how DH does with football this year. He’s still upset with the Patriots. Yeah Phelps!!!! He’s amazing! And the US girls did well in gymnastics, too. Gold and Silver. Yeah!

Today is a rest day. I’m looking forward to it. :p We went out for my boss’s birthday, and had pizza and salad. I was very careful, though – had mainly salad, and only two slices of pizza (which is amazing for me!). I was still within calorie range! This weekend will be busy, too. A surprise party for one of DH’s good friends, and then an old college buddy of DH’s is coming over on Sunday for dinner. That should be fun! Have a great day all!

Trying to catch up from yesterday so bear with me. I did get in 3 miles but I just wasn't into it today. I hate days like that. I'm just happy that it wasn't a speed interval day or somthing.

Cathy- Party Mix is gone. Dh tackled it the other night. However my fingers did dabble in it some. At least until the cheesies were gone.

Wendi- Sorry bowling was so bad. Next time you'll get um.

Judy- Gald the foot is doing somewhat better. I swear I am always a walking injury somewhere.

Dallas- What I really like about the nutritional sofeware as oppose to other sights is that I can really see where my mineral and vitamins are coming from. Plus it is based on my body weight. I really like it. I only bought one month but I will up the package later.

Posh- Oh that bag was right up your alley. Even dh was surprised. It was worth the $25 entry fee. On my under armour shirt the tag said $24.99.

Christine- Hope you had a nice time at the party. At least you could step out for a little bit and break up the evening.

Gloria- I'm on a cleaning kick myself. I have the entire house tore apart. I do it every spring and every fall before school.

LaDonna- Welcome back. Please join in. We love talking running.

Carole- I'm hoping to get on track and make at least a 3.7 today. I just have to keep my fingers out of my goody bag and in the vegetable drawer.

Wendy- 18 miles is some feat to me. I'm having trouble with my long runs and school getting on it's way. I homeschool so finding time for me is so hard.

Shelly- Gald the move is going well. Hope to see you back soon but we know you are busy. Just keep us posted. Hope your liscene photo turns out good.

Jackie- I keep missing your post somehow. i know your here. Hope you have a nice workout today.

Think I'm caught up. If not HI to all others. :)

Christine- You did awesome at the party. I know how hard it is to control myself when it comes to pizza. I know dinner parties can be hard. Enjoy your rest day.

Good morning, lovelies, and happy Friday! :) :) :)

Dallas :: Sorry about MIL. I hope the next attempt is more successful. More (((HUGS))). Hang in there, and as Posh said, take care of yourself, too! You're carrying the weight o' the world there. My timetable changed yesterday, so I worked out before Baltimore. :)

Posh :: Thanks re: training...Hope you can get out there early enough to beat the nastiness. Happy belated to your mom! :)

Christine :: I love dairy, so I would never rule out cheese, but I try not to go ape with it...Baltimore was a day trip--primarily to see Body Worlds 2. Love the way you moshed up BM2. Great job staying within calorie range. I gave myself a "free" day yesterday in Baltimore (crab cake sandwich, some fries, calamari, cheesecake!) and I didn't do as bad as I thought I might with overall calories. Granted, it was a D (in the realm of 2,500 cals), but since I ran 5 miles in the morning, I'll take it. I thought it would be way worse.

Jackie :: I just needed a little extra "wake up" time. Like the mosh you did yesterday, too.

LaDonna :: welcome back! Had to laugh at your comment that the long run felt great...when it was over. :) Oh, I hear you, all right.

Gloria :: BodyWorlds is an exhibition of real human bodies (preserved cadavers)...Here is a link if you are interested: http://www.bodyworlds.com/en/exhibitions/current_exhibitions.html So today's the day you get your classroom ready for prime time? I ordered two new posters, so I'm waiting for them to come in before I go in. I'll wait til the last week of the month.

Wendy :: nope, no tingly or DOMS'in booty. Sure does burn during the w/out, though. The exhibit was pretty cool. The human body is fascinating to me, so it was interesting to see what the muscles and organs really look like. They showed some diseased organs, too (e.g smoker's lungs, coal miner's lungs, gallbladder with stones, ovarian tumors). IA, you are packed solid, super buff, and I can't see where you would need to lose *any* lbs., but I can understand wanting to get more ripped through a tightened-up diet.

Wendi :: 1,240 on a light day--not too shabby, eh? Enjoy your day!

Judy :: that is some serious willpower to resist chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream...WTG! Sorry you lost all your custom foods.

Carole :: I'm glad to hear that Sadie & Beau have become buds. Stay cool out there!

Karen :: Glad the Party Mix temptation is gone...good luck with the GPA today.

I ran 3.1 this morning (felt great!) then followed with a KB mish-mosh:

TGUs -5 each side
Windmills - 10 each side
One-armed swings - 15 each side
Russian twists - 20
Tactical lunges - 30
Hot potato - 40
Two-armed swings - 50
Russian twists - 20
Snatches - 10 each side
Renegade rows - 5 each side

Have a great day! :)

Good morning Cheetahs! :D

Karen - Wow!:eek: What a geat bunch of goodies you got in that bag! Glad you were able to get in a run!

LaDonna - Hello and welcome aboard! Great job with the 9 miles! Good luck with the half training.

Gloria - Sounds like the housework is keeping you busy. Will make life a little easier once you return to school. Did you get those plans together for your principal?

Wendy - Glad you didn't have to miss out on your run yesterday. I still need some of that rain you're getting. Hope you enjoy the yoga/pilates class today. So relaxing! No great plans for me this weekend, yet. Need to dust all of my cabinets again. The first time I dusted them I used Endust and it left a haze on them. Couldn't figure out why. Talked to the cabinet maker and he told me to use Pledge instead. Told him I wish he had told me sooner.:mad: I've been doing a few of them every day and you can really tell the difference.

Wendi - Still a pretty good calorie burn yesterday. I heard that Michael Phelps eats anywhere from 10,000 - 12, 000 calories per day. I'm sure he burns everyone of them off. Sorry bowling didn't go well for you. You'll get 'em next time.;)

Judy - Hope the foot feels better soon. Good job on resisting that ice cream!

Carole - Hope you don't melt today! Temps are rising here again too. I got to see the volleyball game last night. They had me on the edge of my seat during that first game. Couldn't stay up to watch Michael though. Ended up taping. I did see the two USA gymnasts receive their medals this morning a little before 4:00 am. I was happy for them. Enjoy your weight workout and run!

Christine - Enjoy your rest day! Great job with the eating last night! Sounds like a fun weekend planned for you.

Today's workout was Jillian Michael's Cardio Kickbox and BBC Shoulders & Back weight workout! Done with Barry and the boys.

TGIF!! Enjoy your day!

Cathy - Good morning! You sneaked in there. Bodyworks is quite an interesting exhibit. Nice run and KB mish mosh! Back been behaving?

Hi, Jackie! My back has been good on the shorter runs...no issues at all...But I have been getting some pains on and off randomly (when not exercising). I kind of wonder if it will EVER go away. Gets annoying sometimes...I do have to be careful with the KB. I dropped to 15#s for the windmills, for example. Certain moves seem to put a little more strain...Nice job with Jillian & Barry. Things slowing down any at work for you?

Jackie- Have you done Jillian Michaels 30 day shread. I have it on Netflix but it is a long wait. I have heard good things about it.

Well today's WO is done: CC#2 on the bike (40 minutes) and BM2@ Upper Body only.

Jackie- The womens volley ball was a great match! I did see Phelps get his 6th gold and the other American Lockhe(?) win the 200 back stroke. It was so sweet to see his Dad get emotional after seeing his son win. I truly enjoy watching the swimming.

Dallas- Hang in there:confused: We love ya and are keeping your family on our prayers!

Cathy- I believe there was a similar exhibit here in Rochester summer and fall. I missed it however. DS's trainer saw it and highly recommend it.

Hi LaDonna- welcome ( back) to Cheetahville!

Carole- I was thinking of you while lifting DB in BM@ UB today. "Yup, Carole loves these weights, I can not disappoint her!" So, I did my best to go heavy thanks to you!:eek:

Christine- I am thinking I can tolerate a cup of Fage greek yogurt 2-3 times per week. It is a great way to get FF protein ( 20 g per cup & zero fat) I am leaving the cheese off of my salads though.

Thomasinna- You are doing great on your nutritional boot camp! Keep it up. I actually switched to 'decaff' coffee the last 3 days in the morning. And, I always start the day with a big glass of warm water after I brush my teeth. In the afternoon, it is just one cup of caffeine coffee for a break. Little changes a few at a time is what the plan is here.

Last edited:
Just poppin' in to say that I completed a 4 mile run using ITreads 20 mins # 6 and 9 this morning. After a quick cat nap I intend to take on 4DS Shoulders. I was going to do the kickbox core work but I just worked abs y'day so I will wait on that.

BBL with personals!:)

Quiet afternoon in the den today, ey ladies?

4DS shoulders is DONE! YAY! Heading out tonight for a bit with BMF....unless something happens and we have to cancel our plans...we seem to be cursed lately when it comes to hangin' out! LOL Anywho...I'm gonna try to get back here with some java in a bit to do personals! If I can't swing it then I will catch up in the A.M.!

Hey there...Yeah I made it back here pretty quick for not knowing if I could make it back at all huh? LOL :p

Judy: I had never even heard of Phelps before this olympics! I feel like I live in a cave! LOL I was talking about his calorie intake to a woman at work the other day and I started the conversation by asking her if she knew who Phelps was and she said "well yeah, everyone knows who he is!". WHOOPS, I sure didn't until this Olympics started!:confused:

Jackie: Sorry about your cabinet issue. Atleast you know now. Yeah really, why didn't he tell you that to start with???

Cathy: I am interested in seeing the Bodies exhibit but I am not sure I could handle it. LOL I have heard it can be a bit much to handle for some people and I tend to be weak stomached with things. :eek: Glad you enjoyed it though! I think you did a pretty decent job with your food intake y'day considering what you were up against. I am going to have to try to be careful tonight when I go out. I know I'll be indulging in some CABS but will try to avoid the bad food....

Karen: Getting in long runs and/or lots of runs during the week when training for a long distance race can be difficult for anyone let alone for a homeschooling mom! I give you credit for what you do. I could never handle it! Glad the Part Mix is out of the house! ;)

Christine: I decided to take my class tmrw morning so I'll let ya know how I like it. I love pizza and find it hard to resist myself. Good job filling up on salad first. Enjoy your rest day and your busy weekend!

Carole: Hope you got your run in today before the heat settled in. Me likes the muscle. Now I just need to remove the fat that's over it! LOL

Wendi: Sorry bowling stunk last night. You'll do better next week. No worries about personals. We know how awful busy you are. We also know you are good for 'em. :)

Looks like I'm caught up. BBL or tomorrow!:D

Hi Girls!

Just wanted to pop in and report my workout. 4 mile run. Will switch it up tomorrow or go kayaking. BBL for personals! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.