WeightWatchers 12/11 MONDAY!

teddy16410

Cathlete
Just starting us off today..... HAPPY DANCE... Claudes back!!!!!!!
I giggled about your ""the cc bill came I know what I got for Xmas!""
We women are so GOOD! Hip Hip Hooray! Hip Hip Hooray!!!!! Your santa is one good guy Ms Claude! FANTASTIC on the weekend too!!! Om my, I need to have my guy call your guy and discuss wooing the wife!
You were mised Claude! I am so happy about scale as well...ahhhhhhhh life is sometimes just so good ya gotta pinch yourself!

Today is Plyometrics and I'll add on PLB Floor work only to really make those hammys sing!
Had a bit of a Rum Cake binge last night.... I made a LF one so I guess brain/body connection got cut cuz until it was all over I had no connection! (sound familiar Jane?) Today is a new day! Bloat bloat go away..... thats my price I'm paying for the cake...

BBL

No time at all this morning... just wanted to say I got my Express jeans yesterday and they were DRUM ROLL PLEASE.......... size 6!!!

Jane!!!!!!!!!! Happy Dancin' for you too this morning!!!! Goodness gracious my feet are tired already from all the dancing! YOU STRUT YOUR BAD SELF MAMA!
:7 :D :7 :D

Good Morning....another short and sweet note. My workout for today is PUB, plus CC #2. I am looking forward to it.

I am not looking forward to tomorrow, but will be glad when it is over.

I almost went on a choclate binge yesterday. I wanted chocolate so bad, just wanted to eat pizza for dinner, and my husband still has that big box of chocolates from Walmart. I have watched him eat those 3 days now. Candy like that is not usually my thing, but for some reason, it has been bugging me. I don't know how I managed to keep control, but I did. I was glad.

Why do you think WW's changes all their stuff online, on Dec. 10, and we do not get the new stuff introduced to us until 12/17? I have kinda been snooping on their message boards lately, and some people, at the meetings already got the new material. I just think that is kinda strange, it seems like it would all be in the same week.

I am glad you had a great weekend Claude.
Lori

Jane - Congrats. on the size 6. Keep up the good work.

Lori - Your willpower amazes me. It does feel good to be able to hold off on those urges.

Eating went well this weekend. I used a total of 20 flexies from Thurs. through Sun. I won't use anymore this week.

I'm finding that if I eat more frequently, like every 2 hours, I feel better. Eating that often though I really have to watch my food choices. Have my whole day's food packed up in my cooler here at work.

BBL.

Buffy

Morning,

Jane – Yep! happy dance to ya, wow, that's great, to be able to fit a size 6 from Express. I find there clothes too run small. Nice ;) ;)

Lori and Tracie - good workouts :)

My weekend flew by me but it was very relaxing. Get this, Friday I scrambled eggs and again on Saturday love this workout. This morning Kick Max Ouchie Tonight, P90 C&B abs.

Have you guys started Xmax shopping yet? Me I decided to give money to my 2 oldest GK’s and the other 3 under 7 I’m buying a few toys. That’s it for me……

Teddygirl~

Morning everyone -

Jane - Yipee size 6!!!

Lori - Good job resisting those chocolates - that is one of my bigger temptations. I find I need chocolate almost daily.

Traci - My Goodness woman - don't you understand the meaning of giving your body a break!!

Teddygirl - yup, Christmas shopping is ALL DONE. Just need to stuff some cash into the older nephews' cards. But I do need to start wrapping. Hopefully that won't take more than a few hours.

Yesterday I did GS Legs and I'm paying for taking all those rest days - ow, ow, ow, ow. My legs are so sore!! I had trouble getting through BM2 Cardio Blast premix this morning. It was all I could do to get those knees up!

OK - back to the grind - Happy Monday!!

Claude

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; We grow old because we stop playing" unknown.

Claude - Good job with GS legs, its a toughie, i know :) I did Butts & Guts Sunday. As Cathe said! I'm feeling it real good,x( I love to hear her say that. On the premix from B&G I think leg blasts, OMG it is TOUGH }( }( its even harder and longer. I'm going to try it this week. Enjoy your day :)

Good Morning, Good Morning, Good Morning!

I checked in super briefly last night, but couldn't post because I didn't have time. I was floated the the "catch all" floor, mostly stomach stuff....YUCK! The regular staff up there was super nice, and I got a really good group of patients....all 6 of them! I haven't had to take care of that many patients for YEARS! But it was all good and I was able to tuck most of them in with their pain medication (as needed of course!)

Jane- That's awesome!!! I know that I will NEVER be a size 6, but I know that it's a great size for you and congratulations! I am happy dancing for you!!!

Claude- Welcome back! I am glad that you had a great time~! AND got all your shopping done! I am sorry about the workout room! I was able to get all my shopping done last week as well (except for DH's present, but that's not going to be gotton until after Christmas!)

Last night was Slim and Lean and the hammies are singing a ditty this morning. One thing I have yet to figure out is the difference between a squat and a bent-leg dead lift? Anyone, anyone??

Off to check in on some other threads then snooze a while (DH wanted to go out for breakfast this morning, so we did that, and now I am very tired!)

Hi All-

just got back from WalMart finishing grocery shopping for my in-law party this weekend... The crazies are starting to hit me... ya know that spinning around feeling where your head is going 1 direction and your body another? Thats it- I think its called the Exorcist}(

LORI: Congrats on control w. chocolate! Yet another great lifestyle change you are seeing!Have a great workout and remember the entire WW team is seding all sorts of good thoughts & prayers!
LOL ON WW Online... I was reading in the less to lose section and man people are FIRED up MAD! Nearly everyone was taken down to 18 base points... thats like 900 calories...INSANE if you ask me. So many people refuse to eat APs & FLEX because they feel like they are cheating so its seriously not healthy this way.x(

BUFFY: I too find mini meals are key for me to control cravings and keep my metabolism powered up... hard to do all the time tho! You're doing awesome btw w/ P90X!:7

TEDDYGIRL: Yep- Holiday shoppings been done for a month w/ exception of all those impulse buys for DH! His birthday is Janurary 2nd so I just split the pile up and he ends up w/ a great Jan Birthday too! You & Scrambled Eggs just crack me up!:p

Claude: LOL on GS legs... its almost like the body says, "TAKE THAT ONE for taking a few days off!" :+ I really did rest last week (3 days total) because of the crud. Now I'm just back to regular routine... should probably up cardio after my Rum Cake binge but just dont have time or inclination this week... I'll be doing good to stick w/ rotation.

AMY: get some good rest... You had a whopper of a work weekend girl... DID GOOD! Think of all the sick people you helped feel just a bit better. If I get sick I want you to be my nurse!;-)

CHERYL are you sick today?:-(

Happy day to all I may have missed..

Thanks for your support, Traci. You are also kicking a** on P90X. High five to us both.

Just went on WW on-line and updated my profile. Apparently, with the new system my daily points are 18 instead of 20 per day. I think this has to do with my age (42) and the fact that I have a desk job. Thank goodness I earn an average of 5-8 AP's a day. I can't live on 18 that's for sure.

Buffy

Tracie – I can’t help it,:7 really :7 I think this workout is a masterpiece. I am a tripp, I looked in my collection of workouts and whatcha know I have Cathe’s Circuit Max NEVER done the workout once. I guess, I’m over whelmed with this circuit thing I never liked doing this paticular workout before, or the truth of the matter, never gave it a chance Now I’m hooked, and can’t wait to purchase LIC. Anyway, I’m going to preview CM this week I have it on VHS doesn’t really matter tho just an oldie, hoping it’s a goodie ;) :p

Know what else's is a goodie :D B&G premix leg blast I think it's called or overall legs. I watched it and said huh…huh… my butt is on firer today, I did B&G Sunday not the premix. I love this workout too.

Teddygirl~

Got a few quick minutes to sneak back on -

Buffy - good for you, recognizing that eating more frequently leads to more control. Must admit, same thing applies to me. Re new points - I think WW is off their rocker. I plan on talking to my leader this Friday about this as I know I can't survive on 18 pts - I'll become a royal witch for lack of food. I know, I know - 18 pts is for losing, not maintaining, but still!!!

Amy - In answer to your squats vs one legged deadlifts - I feel squats EVERYWHERE when I'm doing them, but DOMS end up more in my quads. I feel one legged deadlifts in my hamstrings (that's where the DOMS go too). Sometimes I feel it in my low back if my form starts to fail (that's a surefire indicator to me to get back in form). I found that I have to shift almost all my weight onto the front leg for the deadlift and it makes a huge difference in how I feel it. Hope that helps! Have a good rest after that long work weekend!

Traci - you mean you're head and body are supposed to go in the same direction all the time???? I didn't know that - mine never do!!!:+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ PS - can I have your rum cake recipe?? I'm dying to try it.

Claude

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; We grow old because we stop playing" unknown.

Hi,everyone!

No, I'm not sick - feeling terrific, in fact. Hallelujah! Maybe I shook it. Managed a double workout, trying to store up before the east coast half of this press tour begins.

Did PUB this morning. Like Lori (great choice!) :)
Then followed it up with Cardio Fusion, 60 minutes (all but the final 2 drills) Loved it and for the first time nailed the power "squat turns" on the step and the "fast feet" all the way around the step. Yahoo! Will weigh in a little later this morning - dreading that a bit after the neighborhood Christmas party last night (oy!)

Lori, major kudos on avoiding the chocolate disaster. And great choice on PUB today. Don't you just love that one? I love it more every time I do it.

Jane - WOO HOO on the size 6 Express jeans! You go, girl! That's awesome news.

Amy, your hamstrings are singing a ditty? Have to confess, my upper body was shaking today. Yowza!

T-Girl, you're still making me crazy to want to try Scrambled Eggs. Haven't gotten to it yet. Good job today!

Claude, good job on those legs!! Bet your glutes and hams will be singing a tune... heh heh

Traci, awesome job on Plyo - tough stuff!! You are doing so well.

Well, off to the showers ... but couldn't resist checking in first.
Have a great morning, everyone!

Cheryl

CHERYL: I was worried you were sick - Now I'm worried you are SICK!!!!!!! I cannot believe your workout today..... My head hurts, my legs hurt, my brain is trying to wrap around that one.... PLEASE tell me you do drugs or something if not I am just a Wimp w/ a capital W......

TEDDYGIRL: My all time favorite leg workouts are from Legs & Glute premixes... LEG PRESS MANIA! yeah baby!!! L&G Extreme.... Bring it on!

CLAUDE: December Health magazine

Preheat Oven 325
Spray bundt/tube pan w/ Non Stick Spray
Sprinkle bottom w/ 2/3 c chopped pecans

Combine a package of yellow cake mix, 3.4oz vanilla pudding/pie filling mix, 1 cup egg beaters, 1/2c water, 1/3c vegetable oil, 1/2c rum (I used more):p Mix all together w/ beaters

While cake bakes make glaze:

Melt 2.5 tablespoons unsalted butter in small saucepan
Stir in 1/3cup sugar (I used Splenda)
Stir in 3 tablespoons water
Boil 4 minutes stirring constantly
Remove from Heat and let cool at least 1-2 minutes
Stir in 2 tablespoons rum (I used more);-)

Allow cake to completely cool
Remove from pan Nut side is top
Pierce holes in top of cake - Brush glaze evenly over top concentrating on holes so its soaks into cake

Using real sugar and only amount of rum they suggest its:
1/10th of cake=
300 cal- 14g fat-4g Protein-36g Carbs-24g Sugar- 1g Fiber
A regular Rum Cake supposedly is 629cal/38g Fat

Traci - Yummy! Thanks for the recipe, can't wait to try it out.

Cheryl - my legs aren't just singing, they're doing four part harmonies with a full orchestra behind them!! I can't remember the last time I had DOMS this bad. My quads are the worst, but my hamstrings and calfs aren't none too happy either. And just cuz they don't want to be left out, my glutes chime in every now and again. I can't move any portion of my lower body without feeling it big time!! I know it's all good in the end though. :p

Claude

Hi again everyone....I will check-in sometime tomorrow night to tell you that my dad is ok. His surgery is at 7, and it is supposed to take about 7 hours long. They are going to fix 2 bypasses, and a valve. Thank You for all the prayers, and well-wishes. I really appreciate it.

Buffy- I am to the point where I have been doing WW's for almost 6 months, and have lost only 17 lbs. I have 6 more to go. I just want to get it done with, that is why so far lately, I have not fallen off the wagon. The problem is when I do fall off, it is an all-out binge!

Claude- Have you ever tried the Vitalicious muffin tops?? I have one of those almost every night, w/ 1 T. of SF/FF Hot Fudge, and a cup of Blue Bunny ice cream. So, I get my fix!!

Cheryl, Amy, Traci, everyone else, have a great night!!

Lori In ND we miss you!!!!
Lori

Hey, all! Slept great, but a bit too long today, now I'm starving! Speaking of WW online, I think it's interesting that there are TONS of people who are dropped to 18 pts per day....mine were increased from 24 to 28!!! I think that it's a lot to do with my running my feet off at work! There are nights I don't sit! I used to wear a pedometer and I was putting 5-8 MILES on the "dogs"...no WONDER they were sore when I got home!

Lori- I will keep your dad in my thoughts and prayers for tomorrow!

Traci- I will have to try your rum cake! Although I am not much of a rum fan, but I do have a very tasty Mango Rum in the back of my liquor cabinet!:9

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.