Weightloss Challenge Now thru Dec 31st - Sept 7

gonnabea5

Cathlete
Happy Friday All. Today's a rest day as I get ready for my 12 miler tomorrow.

These double digit runs are mind boggling for me. I'm so glad this will be over soon. lol DH is excited. Although he doesn't run as much as I do, he's naturally conditioned to run smooth and easy. His longest run has been 9, but I'm still sure he'll beat me and I'm okay with that. He also has about 20% naturally low body fat.

This past week I've learned that no matter how much I try to justify it, sugar and salt are not my friends. PMSing this week, but not feeling as blotted cause I've kept those two enemys at bay.

Shereta, when is your race again? Good luck on your 12 miler!

Today is Gym Style Back, Bi's and Shoulders. Starting to miss STS, but I'm going to stick to the four week break. Next week is 4DS. I've never done it as a whole, I've only done premixes, so this will be a nice change up.

The diet has hit a plateau. Battling the inner caveman, craving homemade bread and stews. Good news is my job is back to normal hours starting this weekend and I usually drop a few pounds once I'm back into the grind. It may not be rocket science, but It's a steady job and an awesome calorie burner, plus I get to listen to audiobooks as I work, major bonus!

Once the household budget gets back on track, I'm going to sign up for Cathe's nutrition software again. I had the best results while I used that last spring.

Hope you all have a great day. : )

My race is next Saturday. Getting ready to run now.

You will love 4DS weight work. It's fun. Congrats about the job.

What's your thoughts on Cathe's nutritional plan?

BBL

No 12 miler for me today. My mom had a slight stroke last night and water built up around her heart. She felt like she had two heart attacks. So, I was up and down last night getting updates from family. They're in Houston. I'm near Atlanta. Plus, I'm pmsing and this stress has me in a state very unlike myself. All this equals to 'not a good long run day' for me. I was able to get 4 miles of walking in, but I'm spent.

Plus my hands and feet are swollen. I'm sure its pms symptons also.

Off to pray and then do housework.

Shereta I'm sorry to hear about your mom's stroke, I will add her to my prayers. Stay strong!

Yesterday I did 4DS BC, this morning I weighed in and gained 2 pounds this week :(. So instead of 2 scheduled days off I did 4DS HIS cardio only today and will have a rest day tomorrow.

Tina I did the Cathe nutrition system for one month and found myself obsessing about getting all As. How have you made it work for you in the past?

Enjoy the rest of your weekends :)

Just a quick check in.

Shereta, sorry to hear about your mom. Prayers to you and your family.

Tina

Thanks for the prayers, Ladies. I spoke with her a little bit ago. She's doing better. Tests start tomorrow to get the bottom of things.

I pulled out an old Firm Total Body Sculpt and did only the weight work. Fun stuff. Tomorow, I should be on the treadmill.

Good morning everyone - sorry I've been MIA for a bit. I've been in Atlanta visiting my parents and soaking up all my time with them since its not often that I get to come here.

Shereta - so sorry to hear about your mom. I'm glad though your last update said she was doing better. Hope you're ok. I know what you mean about the sugar and salt. Someone asked me if I can eat anything I want since I run long distances, and she was surprised when I said "no". I just can't. I know some people can eat whatever they want when they're running, but I've learned that my body needs both exercise and a careful diet. That's the only way I get results. Sounds like you're the same.

Tina - I'm looking forward to hearing your results with 4DS. I haven't done that program the way it was designed to do, so I'm curious to hear what you think. Congrats on your new job too!

I'm missing Gym Styles this week. I'm happy to be here with my parents, but missing my weights! I ran 13 miles yesterday!!!!! it was a beautiful crisp morning and perfect for running. Lots more hills here than Montreal, so that was good training for me. Feeling really good about the half marathon in two weeks. :)

Take care girls.

Melanie

Last edited:
today was 4DS HIS, I did weights before cardio and everything went better, was not wiped out afterward. Cleaning up my eating to get back on weight loss track.

Shereta - I'm glad you mother is doing better, good for you to keep working out during this very stressful time.

Hi Melanie! I hope your vacation is going well, congrats on the 13 miles, that's just about a half, right?

I hope everyone else is doing well, have a great week y'all!

Wow Sue, we seem to be living in a similar universe. Today was 4DS HIS. I've never done it as it was formatted before, but since STS has changed my thinking on weight training a few body parts at a time, I'm actually excited for the rest of this week. I had a nice sweat going and lifted at my STS Meso 2 amounts. Next week I'm planning on doing CTX as is and then going to old favorites.

Melaine, 13 miles? That's awesome! Time away from weights will just make you more motivated when you get home.

Shereta, I hope your mom is doing better. It's great you're sticking to your routine. I swear the STS program got me through the worst part of my mom's cancer treatments. It was the only time during the day worry wasn't front and center. Can't wait to hear your race results this weekend. : )

Someone asked why I thought the Nutrition Manager worked so well over any other site I've tried, and I think its how precise in grading the quality of what you log in. I became competitive with the grades (failed sodium everyday) and really backed off the bad carbs. I really don't want to put on my extra winter 5 this year.

Hey Ladies. NO workout for me today. I needed more prayer time.

Thanks for asking about my mom. She is better. Lots of tests going on.

Hopefully, tomorrow I'll be on the treadmill. My race is saturday. I'm so glad it's almost here. I have stuck to most of my training. I feel like I'm ready

Melanie, I can't wait to hear the results of your race.

Tina, you're so right about the winter 5. I've got to keep striving towards my goal of weight loss. Sometimes I think i have a huge dose of menapause that's holding me back from dropping weight. sighhhhhhh

Rest day for me, tomorrow will be 4DS KB, can't wait, really like the punching & kicking :)

Shereta - I hope the test results yield some hope for your mom, I know coming back from a stroke can be a long process with a lot of work. Do whatever you need to take care of yourself. I'll be cheering for you come Saturday!

Tina - I'm doing Cathe's Nov 07 4DS rotation this month. I slacked off a bit last month workout-wise and need to prove to myself that I can finish a rotation. I've hit it every day this month and feeling good about my progress. I just bought a barbell at the end of last month so I'm still in the honeymoon phase where I want to use it as much as possible :)

Waves to everyone else!

There has been a huge change of diagnosis for my mom. She did have a mild heartattack followed by a slight one. Monday night, I got word that open heart was scheduled for yesterday. So Im in Houston now. She's recovering well. very uncomfortable with the breathing tube still in, but recovering.

I don't know if I'll make it back for the half on Saturday. Not too worried about it.

Life. wow.

Shereta - my thoughts & prayers are with you & your mom. I know it'll help. Keep strong. Its easy to say, but not so easy to do when faced with a trial like this. Let us know how everything goes, but we'll understand if we don't hear from you. We'll all be thinking of you.

Melanie

Thinking of you Shereta. I hope your mom continues to recover rapidly. There will be other races if this Saturday doesn't happen. Family first. <3

Good Thursday morning girls - what have you all been up to? How is everyone doing with your food/diet?

This morning was Gym Style Legs - I felt I could've gone heavier on some of the weights so I'm going to up my weights next week on this. I was going to go running this morning, but at 5:30, it was still pitch dark so I didn't feel comfortable about that. I'll try to go after work.

I kept on my diet really well while visiting my parents, and even lost a pound! But the day I came home, I was tired and wanting "comfort" food. So I did indulge in a few things that are not within my new diet. Boy, did I pay for it the next day! I felt awful. It was a reminder I needed to keep things in check and that this diet I'm on is good for me.

Hope everyone is doing well and I'm looking forward to hearing from you!

Melanie

Yesterday was kickboxing/legs & core. I waited until after dinner to get it done, huge mistake! felt queasy, was miserable the whole time. Today I'll do yoga relax unless I run out of time then I'll do a stretch max. Tomorrow is low intensity step. I've been eating clean since Monday, forgoing sweets until the weekend and I took off one of the two pounds I added last week. it would be nice to be able to cut that stuff out of my diet altogether, but I know myself and it's just not going to happen!

Congrats on your weight loss Melanie, happy to be home? Congrats on that pound! Your body seems like it's acclimating to the new diet nicely if it protested the old ways :)

Shereta I hope everything is going as well as it can, still thinking about you!

Where are Renee & Gina? Hello if you're out there!

Yesterday was 4DS Kickboxing and today was Amy Bento's In the Ring kickboxing. Tomorrow I'll finish the final 4DS workout with Boot Camp. I've enjoyed this week, felt like a fresh rotation. Really looking forward to doing CTX as is. In what order is it best to do the workouts?

Went to Trader Joe's for the first time today. Had to try a nibble of everything I purchased when I got home, not a really good plan. So much for eating clean. Really liked the store and all its offerings though. : )

I hope you all have a fun and healthy weekend! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.