Weight Watchers Wednesday 2/18

pace1987

Cathlete
Hi everyone. Just getting us started. Yesterday I stayed on track. I did Imax and earned 7 AP according to Weight Watchers online:) Today is STS D8 and abs weights and plates. My neck still hurts so I will see about abs.

Did anybody try those new Chex bar? They are so yummy and 2 pts. It helps if you have craving for sweets.

For dinner last night I had pasta and meatballs. I didn't have a salad because I was out. I have to go groceries shopping and pick up some healthy food.

This morning I am going to have the Go Lean Kashi cereal with skim milk. Well BBL:)

Good morning! Wow, Barbara, great job with your AP!

I'm having oatmeal and pineapple for breakfast... not looking forward to work today; I'm tired!!

See you later!

MC

Good morning WWers,

Thought I'd give a quick check-in before I head to work. I'm having oatmeal & almond milk for breakfast. Tonight is Disk 5 of STS; I'm still feeling Disk 4 a bit in my shoulders <g>.

Veronika, you asked yesterday about the new program.
The new WW program isn't all that different. There's only "one" plan now, called the Momentum plan. Instead of Core Foods, now we have Filling Foods, but again, basically the same things (lean meats, fruits, vegetables, whole grains - they also say they are high fiber and high water content). You are encouraged to eat Filling Foods, which tend to fill you up better, hence the name. However, the point system and the way points are calculated is the same. You count points for what you eat as before, however you have the option of using "setpoint" values for the filling foods where you eat until you are satisfied and take the setpoint value instead of the points value for the amount you actually ate. This option is for those that preferred the former Core program, instead of the Flex program. Once I get closer to goal I might check out the setpoint system more closer, but for now I am just counting regular points. Also, when I did WW two years ago the APs you earned could only be used on the day you earned them and they were used before the weekly allowance points, which were considered optional. Now you bank your APs for the week (they do not roll over to the next week though). The online points tracker deducts from your daily points first, then your weekly 35 points, and once you've used up all your weekly points it deducts from your saved APs. The AP swap is the optional part now.

Just as a personal note, using this system I have to limit myself to using 1/3 of the APs. In the old system I ate all my APs, but did not use the Weekly Allowance if I wanted to lose. Everyone is different though. Some people can eat all their points and lose.

Becky

Hello, everyone. Today's workout was high step training. I earned 8 APs. Since starting WWers, I am definitely stronger and have more cardio endurance. I'm sure its the lower weight and better eating habits.

I'll probably checkin later to read everyone else's posts.

Shereta

Good morning everyone! I ate Barbara's breakfast this morning: Kashi Go Lean cereal and skim milk. It isn't too bad and is much better than the puffs one...blech! Might as well eat the box. It probably has more flavor!

I am going out to dinner tonight at a nice brewery. I am going to TRY to be really good and get a grilled chicken salad with oil and vinegar dressing. Their desserts are to die for but I really don't think I should get one because I have to do STS Disc 2 when I get home.

Carrie

Becky,
Thank you for all that info. I really like the new plan. I like those points carrying over. It seems as if you can have a cheat meal if you have enough points. am I right? I f I am right, that will make Family Night or Date Night with my DH more Fun. I know I can't go crazy wild, but I can have something special. I love WW. I was so hungry last night before I went to bed and when I got up this morning I wasn't. I still ate breakfast. I had my coffee with creamer, no whipping cream(uses up too many points and I only have 20), banana with 1 cup oatmeal and my egg. Actually i had two cups of coffee. I have only 9 points left. Doesn't that seem crazy? I know I will work out With STS D2 today and will earn points, but it seems as if I will be eating a lot of filling foods today,which I thought I was already doing. Any Suggestions? Maybe I'm doing this WW wrong.

Veronika

Good afternoon...

This morning I had turkey bacon and eggs with 1/2 cup pineapple for breakfast. Before my workout, I had an apple, immediately after my workout I had a banana and cup of skim milk.

Dinner will be a WW chili recipe from their 5 ingredients/15 minutes cookbook.

Probably a turkey sandwich and soup for lunch.

I used 38 points yesterday.

Today I got 6 AP from doing SuperSets.

Have a great day!

Hi everyone,

I finished STS Disk 5 today. I defintely went to failure, but I seemed to recover pretty quickly. I was really beat after Disk 4, but not so much tonight. I think its all those push ups in Disk 4 that kick my butt. Am I complaining about not being exhausted? Someone kick me!:p

Tomorrow's a cardio day, probably a step tape. I had baked chicken breast and baked a whole sweet potato for dinner and had it with some I Can't Believe Its not Butter and cinnamon. I'm munching on a 100 calorie pack of microwave popcorn now.

Veronika, yes, you can can decide how you want to spend your "discretionary" points, either a little endulgence every day or a endulgent meal (within your points) once a week. You'll have to figure out how much of an endulgence you body will let you have and still lose.

Hi Everyone,

I hope it's not too late to join in. I've decided to get back on WW. I use the old point system online. It helps keep me honest. And I haven't figured out the new plan yet. I'm guessing that my points are in the 18-20 range.

Hopefully, I can maintain this. Well, not after the 4 cinnamon buns and vanilla butter cremes I ate yesterday. But, I'm just gonna put that behind me. LITERALLY!!!

Good Luck everyone

ellie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.