Weight Watchers THURSDAY 10/19

My plan this morning was a AM: beachbody LOWER body MishMosh (about 65 min) and PM: Rhythmic Step.... My knee started bothering me last nite (I think because I missed a few days of Glucosamine) so I'm not sure what the heck to do. I may give it a go late morning and see how I feel.
My shoulders & back are still sore from Tuesdays upper.... maybe I'm just feeling my age this morning! Need more java!!!

RE: Last Nights Posts:
Cheryl: Nice Job on selecting an alternate workout and proceeding... I had to LOL cuz' I have NEVER done that (or even THOUGHT to) If I'm not up to the selected w/o I just call it a rest day...hahahahahahaah See you guys really do have awesome perspectives and I still learn something new every day!

AMY: Glad you survived the Drs fiasco...hope you enjoyed your circuity thing last night.

Jennifer: I think its a life requirement to have ANYTHING that has "MAX" in its title.}(

Great morning to all- we are in the homestretch to the weekend.... Amy are you working all weekend?:7

Good morning!

I am finally up with the birds!

Anyway, coffee is going down very, very easy this morning!

Traci- Yes, I work all weekend, every weekend. I had a friend call yesterday just as I was gearing up for my daily dose of Cathe and she asked if I could "just call off this Saturday" because she was having a dinner party. I know she meant well, and we haven't seen each other for ages (my, won't she be surprised when we finally get together!}( ), but I am the only paycheck, DH is disabled, and my contract states that I will be there every weekend, I am only able to call off once in a 6 month period. The world isn't geared to understand those that work weekends....oh, and forget night shift! The world would stop turning if there were no night shift, but you think that they could understand those of us that do??? Forget it!

Anyway, sorry for the soapbox! It's been a frustration for me ever since getting out of nursing school and my first job was night shift. A car repair place was going to drop off my car and they just couldn't understand why I wanted it dropped off at 6 pm instead of the 1 pm that they decided was appropriate. When I explained that I worked nights, they said, "Well, I guess that you'll be home then!" I responded, "Yes, but you will not be dropping my car off then, unless you want my to go to your house and lay on the horn at 1 am!!!!"

Last night circuity thing ended up being HST, with a few extra 10lb leg presses added for good measure and CTX power circuits. That one I hadn't ever done before, and I really liked it, especially the kickboxing section. Hamstring DOMS are really laying in this morning! I was frustrated though, because at the start of PC, I had a stitch in my side for some reason and I really couldn't push myself until it had worked out.

Major ShoppingMax last night!! I got TONS of knitting stuff! I can't wait until it comes in!!! Yarn and pattern for a super cute snowman sweater vest and yarn and a pattern for a really pretty lace shawl. Hold on, let me see if I can find pictures....
http://www.knitpicks.com/kpimages/regular/50466223.jpg
http://www.knitpicks.com/kpimages/Big/30342223.jpg

Anyway, sorry for the novel....I guess I am getting my usual self back. Tonight is WI, and I am just not sure. I feel like I have lost, but we will have to see.

Good Morning,

Tracie – REST ;) ;)

Amy - Very cute, I like em :)

This morning, hit my treadmill for an hour steady jog, followed by MIS lower body :p

Before I go to class tonight, I plan to do Abs/CM1. Always Plan to do but never did this workout, wish me luck b/c it looks like it is TOUGH! :7

Teddygirl~

Amy: You have quite a talent to be able to make these type of things! You should find a way to sell them!!! Maybe holiday markets in your area???? I am forever the entrepeneur;-)

I know EXACTLY what you mean by insensitivity.... Took DH and I over a year before we got people to understand that when you rise and work at 4am there are no phone calls or drop ins after 8pm. We finally just started calling everyone bacj at 4am who refused to cooperate and would call at 9pm sometimes later.... Funny how when you give them a taste of their own medicine they become sensitive human beings! Even his mother was a culprit! URRRRRRRRRRRRx(

I broke down and ordered P90X this morning.... We'll see what all the hoopla is about! Guess now I REALLY have to be committed to the strength training:7 I doubt I'll do a full 12 week rotation of it as my attention span just isnt what it needs to be but definitely will use it monthly a week at a time.

Enjoy your java! Mines going down easy as well...on pot #2!

;)

Teddygirl-
Way to go getting that w/o done! You'll be amazed at easy you will find CM1 with all your running.... When I use to run my abs were naturally strong.... You may even be a bit disappointed in the intensity.... there are some tough premixes on there too so check those out to challenge a strong core.

Tracie, you are going to loveee P90X they really compliment Cathe’s workouts. Wait and see! I love them all ‘except’ I’m not a big fan of Yoga and it’s a dozy. Nice choice :)

Teddygirl~

I don’t know about you guys. But, man oh man, the anticipation of Cathe new workouts is overwhelming me. Everyday, I'm hoping that she'd announce that they are being released. When Cathe when……….I only ordered Butts & Guts and Drill Max. But, soon as she make the announcement I’m going to order the others. CAN’T TAKE IT ANY MORE! ;( :( :)

Teddygirl~

Hi, everyone -

Amy, cute stuff! And GOOD LUCK on the WI tonight. We'll all cross our fingers and send our Karma your way...

Traci, good plan for workouts today -

Today I did BootCamp. YAYY!!! It sure looked a lot more inviting with a day of straight cardio between this workout and ME. I liked it.
Although am I the only person who can't do squat thrusts all the way to the floor?? I have to do them with my hands on the bench. I suppose I'll get there one day...

Workout out of the way, hopefully on to a very good day.

Have a good one, everyone!!! ;)

Cheryl

Teddygirl-
Thanks for reinforcement on my latest 2am purchase! I'd be a very wealthy woman if I didnt get insomnia!!!!! Do you ever shop online when you cant sleep?
I'm w/ ya on the new workouts.... I must refresh bog every 2-3 hors a day looking for the announcement! REALLY REALLY SOON THO! & We'll have time to get REALLY in shape before Thanksgiving....woohoo!!

Morning everyone -
Another crazy day is on tap and I'm checking in now as I don't think I'll have a chance later.

Got 30 min of treadmill/stair stepper in last night. It was a nice short sweatfest. I would have like to go longer, but the hips and back were not cooperating.

This AM I'm still not quite right so today is officially a rest day - I did Stretchmax to try and loosen up, but the back is still pretty tight. I've got a call into my physical therapist to try and get to the bottom of this once and for all.

Tonight I've got a purse party to go to - this lady brings purses in from NYC - all sorts, probably most of them knock offs, but the prices are more in line with my budget. Last time I picked up a Coach wallet for $15 - and I must admit, I love it. It'll be fun.

Amy - understand completely on the insensitivity thing - DH works from home and even though he works a standard 9-5, friends and family think he's available to babysit, run errands, and wait for the cable guy or whatever. His brother is the worst. DH has learned to be very blunt.

For those interested in Cardio Coach - I have #3 and #4 and I LOVE LOVE LOVE them. #3 is about 35 min long, #4 is 45 min. I want to get a longer one as I'm ready to move my cardio up. I was worried about getting them - would I like the music, would the trainer annoy me, but it was so worth it. It makes a really nice change from just listening to music. I have mine on my Ipod, but you can download to your PC and copy to a CD or just order the CD. Amy - I'm with you, I don't think I'll ever try to use these on an outside run - drivers are just too crazy.

Gotta run - have a great Thursday!!
Claude

"Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." Satchel Paige

Cheryl- Congrats on BC!!! I haven't tried the whole thing yet, just bits and pieces of it via Gauntlet. No, you aren't the only one who can't to the squat thrusts all the way to the floor! Heck, I can't even get through the entire second set!

Traci- Congratulations on P90X. I haven't pulled out all of them, but use it as a compliment to Cathe. You aren't the only one who goes shopping in the middle of the night.....guess what time that stuff I showed you was purchased???}( As much as I would love to sell the stuff, I just don't get done with them fast enough...I still have a 2 sweaters that aren't done and they've been in that state for a year! Also, these patterns are copywrighted, so I can't make money off of them.

I had to laugh at your returning calls at 4am! I would have loved to been a fly on those walls!! It's pretty much an unwritten rule that people can call us fairly late (up until 10-11pm) because both of us are night owls. Only one friend who isn't seems to call fairly early (8 am his is average time). Having said that, I know that when my family calls that late, it's because of somethings wrong, the last time was when dad was hospitalized.

Good Morning.

Traci - I broke down and order P90X also. I've been thinking about it for awhile and the $99 deal was just too good go pass up. I'm having them bill me over a 3 month period so I figure its way cheaper than my former gym membership.

Eating went well yesterday. Stayed at 22 pts. as planned. I'm going to do the same today. Weigh in tomorrow. I think I'm down; feeling smaller. We'll see.

This morning I did Cardio Coach #5. I almost skipped the last challenge as I was tired, but, I sucked it up and I'm glad. Despite temperatures in the 40's my hair was soaked with sweat after that one. I'm going to do a coremax after work.

All of you who are thinking of taking advantage of the cardio coach sale, I highly recommend them. CC#3 through CC#6 stand on their own. I use CC#1 and #2 as add ons. If you only want to order one I suggest you go with 3, 4,5, or 6. You can customize your workout by skipping a challenge if you want.

Enjoy you day.

Buffy

I have an(other) elliptical trainer in my future when I get the room so I am hoping to look into CC then!

Claude- sorry about your back. I hope that PT can straighten you out and get you back on track!!!

Buffy- I TOTALLY know how you feel. I WI tonight and I "feel" smaller, but we will have to see! I don't want to get on the scale and be super disappointed if I am wrong. It ruins the whole feeling! Good luck on your WI!!!

Good luck to you too on your weigh in, Amy!!! Trying to be extra good today for that weighin. I'm not going to eat anything too salty and I'm only having fish and veggies for dinner. Extra water also. Whatever it takes to get a good reading.

Claude - I'm so glad you like cardio coach. This morning after I did CC#5 I looked at the mileage and was surprised I had done over 4 miles. On CC#6 (Candace) I do around 5 miles. I could never do that on a treadmill without listening to Sean or Candace. I have improved my running endurance tremendously over the past year since I started Cardio Coach. Another reason I like them is that since I work out first thing in the morning the 4 days a week I go to work, I just don't feel coordinated enough to do a complex step routine. With cardio coach I can almost zone out and just listen to the cues and do what the coach says. I save Cathe's step for my days off when I work out a bit later.

Buffy

Buffy: High 5 on completing that last CC Challenge! Mind over Matter!
So cool about P90X: How will you use it? I'm thinking that it will be great to use w/ Cathe's new stuff as there isnt a split series w/ this one.... maybe not but it helps me to justify the purchase!:p Thats why I love pre-orders... its all paid for long before you get it so its really FREE! I also have Jari Loves 2 new circuits Ripped 1000 and Ripped & Chiseled on preorder due out around November 6th from Amazon..... I better get to LOVING strength training!

CLAUDE: You gotta tell the powers that be that you need more chat time here!;-) Seriously tho- another great accomplishment on your w/o with all your crazies right now.... Glad you are off to PT- I'd imagine that as well as some relief you also need peace of mind that you arent continually hurting yourself by working out. The Purse Party sounds like a blast... have a wonderful time.

Cheryl: Squat Thrusts must be an ideal form of exercise for body types other than mine! I can get 2 or 3 done and then its back to modifications for me... quite frankly thats fine by me! I always get a fabulous workout even without being perfect and I am in no way obsessed to push myself to the point of keeping up w/ our Cathe cutie! I guess its too many years in the fitness field of telling people to be good to themselves that its not a competition....I finally have dropped that part of my type A personality }(

OK Gang THIS IS IT!
I simply cannot take unscheduled down time.... Not only did I buy P90X at 2am I just preordered Amy Bento stuff (never have done her before) and all because of my knee and blowing off AM workout...So now that I am out of $$$$ my choices are eat, clean, (YUK YUK YUK)
or find a workout I CAN do!
I dug in the closet and have pulled out a 60min Windsor Pilates which will give me Lower & Abs and its 100% floor work no wts.... I think my knee can handle that just fine! So I put the crdit card in the file cabinet and am off to do Pilates.... I will definitely need to tackle my PM Rhythmic Step if the boredom bug doesnt pass!
x(

Good afternoon everyone!

Great workout this morning. I did 35 minutes on the treadmill--25 minutes walking incline pyramid, 5 minutes running, 5 minute cool down. Then I jumped on the elliptical for 20 minutes. The jury is still out for me on ellipticals. My heartrate goes up, but I don't feel like I get a good workout--even when I mess with the resistance and crossramp. Yesterday I did Low Max--I have such a love hate relationship with that DVD. My legs are on fire after that workout}(

Amy--a fellow knitter; hurray :D

Have a great day everyone!!
Kim

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.