Weight Watchers SUNDAY 10/22

teddy16410

Cathlete
Good Morning All!
Up early today but thought Amy would beat me to post... must be a busy nite at hospital!
Will read yesterday afternoon posts and BB in a minute!

Completed yesterdays 70 minute Lower... Felt great! & Stayed OP
Today: Janes BC/HSTA MishMosh Circuit Challenge ... Will feel great as I havent had a good hard cardio since Thursday evening. TW is 90 minute + cardios on Sun-Tue-Thur with other days being strength. I miss my cardio but am really ready to build some muscle and start shrinking like you guys are!

Jennifer: WOOHOO! Sending good vibes to you in my favorite city in the world! If I could live my retirement years anywhere it would be SF or Seattle.... I was born & raised in CA and so miss its beauty in the northern area... just wish cost of living wasnt 10x higher than Texas! Couldnt have the same lifestyle out there as I do here thats for sure!

Sandra: What fun! A Triathalon- GO FOR IT!!!!!!!! I love Spinning... w/ the right instructor you will feel leg and glute muscles you never knew you had! Even with all the Leg work I do my tushie immediately raised 2 inches when I was spinning 3 days a week! I miss it but the cost just wasnt worth it for me with all the DVDs I have! If I can find a bit less pricey per class I will start again!
Thanks for tip on Nancy Clark sports nutrition book.... I will start looking at half price books here. Havent read Cathe's docs yet but it is on the list! Hope hot tubbing was fun and relaxing!

Cheryl: 7 miles WOW! I think you'll be really happy w/ your new Cathe purchases! I reach for Terminator all the time and HCE is ... well.... EXTREME

Buffy: Great JOB on earning 9 APs for your dinner last nite! Hope it was awesome

have a great day all! Will check in later and see who got up early!
:7

Good morning, Tracy, and all that follow.......

Up early for church and teaching Sunday School, so I thought I'd stop by and see how everyone is doing.

We have had a Mexico trip fall into our laps so I've been trying to get myself organized and ready to lose some weight and tone up for that beach coming my way in about 75 days!!!! I got a rotation from Fitnessfreak that looks great and I'm going to follow WW, but struggling because i can't get to any meetings and that's what holds me together most of the time.

Anybody else here not go to meetings?? What's your secret to staying OP??

Thanks a bunch! I will be back later.

Marcia.

Good Morning!

Yes, Traci, it's been a busy night!

Marcia!!! Good to see you again! I hope that your trip to Mexico is a great one!!!

Traci- I hope that you enjoy your workout! I have yet to decide what I am going to do, but whatever it is, it's going to be weight oriented. Like I said, I am trying to cut back on the hard cardio stuff, and even after 2 days, I am totally feeling the effects, or lack thereof, of it! I can actually get through a shift without feeling like I have to take a nap now!!!

I will check in from home when I get there. I have to stop at the store for milk for DH. Oh, and some NSA tapioca pudding.....DH ate it all! I was upset because I was wanting some and he said, "you said that was for me!" NO, the black forest pudding was for you!!! GoofBall!!!

Hi marcia & Amy!

Marcia: Cant wait to see what a concentrated 75 days will produce! I know that miraculous things start happening at 6 weeks so you have great timing!
My current timeframe goal is mid November... thats when I start seeing some friends that I only get to see once or twice a year.... I wanna be BUFF by then.

Amy: Guess its good when work is busy so time flies! Glad your body is sending thank you signals for lowering cardio... mine is as well. I guess those crazy weeks of cardio mania should be the "blast" we do to shake things up and not the norm. I still feel weird tho after week 1 ... like I slacked or something.... I'll get over it. I do have to admit I am hopping on the scale daily again tho as I dont want to gain bodyfat ... Glad I have the tanita that will let me know if wt gain is muscle or fat.
LOL: DH and I go thru the same thing w/ food.... I'll put out measured stuff in tupperware and come to find out he's been picking from them...NO WONDER I'M HUNGRY!!!!!!!!!!!:+

Just a quick check before heading to bed.

I found a new product at WalMart that I really like! It's called, "Naturally More" peanut butter. It's natural PB with wheat germ, flax seed and flax oil mixed in so it's got more fiber and omega fatty acids. It's 3 points for 2 TBS and it's really tasty!!! (Especially on a Kashi waffle!):9 :9 :9

Bon matin, tout le monde,

I was up at 6am today, thinking I'd do some academic work before the kids got up (DD has a friend sleeping over), but of course, the kids were up at 6:30, because who actually sleeps during a sleepover?? So, I ended up making pancakes and all that stuff (only nibbled a little bit), and am now going to try to get some work done. Today is supposed to be my rest day, but it's also the only day I can do a run if I want, so I'm going to do a 30 min run later. And probably do PS Back, Biceps, abs. It's supposed to be a beautiful day - finally! I want to take advantage of that.

Traci - enjoy that circuit. It sounds so wonderfully evil. You will feel it I have no doubt!!! I probably won't be doing a tri any time soon. Too much time commitment, when you have little kids. And I also enjoy doing my Cathe workouts; I don't think I'd have any time to do those. I may do it next year, when the kids are a bit older. I don't know. I can't say I'm really stoked to do one. But it was nice to be thought of as someone who could do one, if she wanted :+ You need to put a strand of hair across the top of your tupperware containers, so you can trap DH if he dares to go into them. And then he must be brought to the Weight Watchers High Court of Portion Control Justice. His defence may be that he's doing it out of love for you - he's helping you stay OP by not over eating, but don't listen!! Husbands tend to think they can charm their way out of everything...

Marcia - which one of FF rotations are you doing? I don't go to meetings. What keeps me OP is knowing that if I don't, then I won't see results. My success has everything to do with what I do and don't put into my mouth, and nothing to do with sitting in a room for 1 hour a week, talking about it. I know the plan, I know what I need to do, so "a little less conversation, and a little more action"! I don't need the motivation of having someone else weigh me, either. The disappointment and frustration in myself that I will feel if I gain is enough to motivate me in that department. But I don't mean to be insensitive to your need to go to meetings. I think you need to figure out what exactly the meetings do for you, and how (if) you can get that without attending the meeting.

Amy - your DH has the same nickname as mine LOL!! I hate it when you've been waiting all day for, and carefully planned to have, a treat, then discover that someone else ate it already. Makes me envy those who live by themselves.

Hello to the rest of the group to follow!
Sandra

Bon Matin!!!

Sandra - Congrats on being asked to do a Tri!! That's a huge compliment. And I still have sleep overs with my girlfriends once in awhile and sleep never happens, lol!!!

Marcia - Mexico!! You are so lucky, and what motivation to lose some weight! Good luck with your goals. :) You will be successful :) :)

Traci - WO machine, that's all I have to say! :)

Amy - That PB sounds delicious, and very healthy. We most likely don't have it here though, I envy all the food choices you guys have. We are lacking that in Canada.

Talk about motivating myself, I just got an invitation today for a New Year's party where all my friends from high school will be there. I so want to lose some pounds to look good for that day!!! It's a great deal too, 25$$, an open buffet at midterm, and open bar!!!! Oh dear, open bars can be dangerous!!! Should be fun!

My Mom still does not have her operation date yet. We were talking this morning and saying how when we both are stressed we eat :-(. I've gained 5 pounds now with all this, and I say it's enough! It's not worth it to undo all my hard work I did to lose my 40lbs. So we are both going to motivate each other not to let the stress to make us eat. I am not going to be so tough on her, cuz really, who cares if she gains a bit, she is going through so much now, but it feels good to have my Mom helping me out a bit (I kinda have been neglected for awhile at home, my 28yo Brother has moved back in since July, and let's just say, it hasn't been fun for me at all ... and it's since July I have been having problems to lose weight :-( but if I went in all those details, I would have a longer novel!!! Anyways, I am fed up of gaining, so I won't be using my bro as an excuse anymore, and I am going to learn how to deal with my stress for my Mom and my midterm that is coming up!!! I have to stop this cycle of gaining or I will just go back to my old self, and that's a really scary place for me.

Sorry for the rant, it felt good to let out. My brother is not a horrible person, he is just very immature, and is deep in debt, and it gets me very mad. Plus, he lives in the basement, which is my WO place, so it completly messed me up with my WO routine. I believe in helping people, but sometimes, enough is enough!

Have a great day everyone!!!

Corinne :)

Good morning ladies! A bit slow going this AM. Sunday is normally my one day to do just I please. And with all the craziness going on right now I may do just that. I have a couple errands to run and I plan to run out later while DH is gone.

We did go have bfast this AM at (of all places) the Waffle House! I was super good though. I had a waffle and 2 slices of bacon. I even turned down the extra hash browns DH offered. Counted all the points and I need to earn some AP's today. :)

Traci: Great workout yesterday and the one today looks gret but tough.

Jennifer: Wanted to wish you the best of luck in SF athough I know you are already gone. :)

Cheryl: 7 miles, wow. GREAT JOB!

Buffy: Great job on earning those AP's. Great job on planning ahead too, that is terrific. I hope you enjoyed the dinner.

Marcia: What is weird is that I actually had better success (lost 20lbs) when I did WW Online. I have been playing with the same 5 pounds for months now at meetings (I joined in March). I enjoy the meetings as my time but I agree with Sandra about the success you have propelling you forward. Concentrate on your trip and the rotation you have chosen. I think you'll be in good shape. :7

Amy: Sleep well! LOL at you with DH, I don't have too much trouble with mine because he eats nothing sweet but I know how you feel. Thanks for the yummy PB tip, I'll have to check that out.

Sandra: LOL at the WW High Court - that is a good one!

Well I did not WI yesterday because I had to work for a few hours but I can tell from my scale at home what it would have said... not too bad and before my bfast outing today it was looking even better.

I really do think that after this coming week I can focus on me again a bit more. Today will be Complete Aerobics and Weight Training from the FIRM.

I have the new Cathe's coming... if I don't get off my butt and get back in shape I'll NEVER be able to do them! :eek:

Sorry for the novel... enjoy your Sunday everyone and I'll check back soon.

Morning everyone -
Completely forgot to check in yesterday. I did GS Chest & Tris yesteray and GS Legs today. Gotta keep the improvement going in those legs!!

Friday afternoon I think Teddygirl triggered some kind of sympathy stres eating. After I read her post I lost it and devoured the rest of hte jar of PB. Thank goodness there was only a few tsblespoons left. Eating was good yesterday, so far on track today.

Traci - As cute as the PT is, I must say that I wouldn't go if I didn't have to. His greatest flaw is he doesn't believe any video instructer can give you a good, safe workout - he's refuses to even check out Cathe. But I just enjoy the view while I'm there and try not to discuss the details of my workouts.

Sandra - bonjour mon ami - you're feeling quite french today I see! What a great compliment she paid you - asking to do a triath! Makes all the sweat and sacrafice worth it, doesn't it?

Corinne - don't feel bad about the food choices you don't have - there are a ton of things you have that we don't - coffee crisp, poutine, beets (we have beets but they are SO EXPENSIVE compared to your prices), Petit Quebec cheese, just to name a few. Everytime we go to Canada, we stop at a grocery store on the way home and stock up on those things you can't get back here!!

Amy - I love your cat story!!!! Pets are just too cute.

Opps look at the time, gotta run - I'll try to check back later for more personals - in the meantime, have a great Sunday everyone!!!!!!

Claude

"Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." Satchel Paige

Hi, everyone -

Marcia, I don't go to meetings either. But during my current 12 week challenge I'm going in just long enough for weigh-ins. I follow the program online at www.weightwatchers.com and the accountability and motivation of posting with all of YOU keeps me on track! :)

Sandra, Traci, Ami - looks like a great morning!

Claude, I'm getting hungry just reading your post!

I think I'll do 45 minutes TM this morning and Stretch Max #2.
So glad for weekends!
Have a great Sunday, everyone!

Cheryl

Happy Afternoon All! nice to see so many checkins on a Sunday!

Amy: I'm going to look for that PB.. I only eat LS Natural because sugar content is so low ... this one may be even better!

Sandra: Enjoy your pretty weather... Thanks for tupperware tip, I was going to use a mousetrap pretty soon;-)

Corinne: GREAT NY's party planned! 25.00 is indeed a deal! Great that you and mom are starting to look at stress and eating as not necessarilty going hand in hand.... Go give your bro a big ole kiss! I sure wish my sisters and I were closer than 3000 miles... I miss them so much as I get older. But he really does need to give you back your workout space! After all nothing should come between a girl and her sweatfest!

Kirsten: Your bfast sounded yummy! Way to go with the control. I too find I do much better onime WW than meetings... Great workout plan w/ FIRM... I think when new dvds arrive I'll be the premix queen for awhile until I feel up to tackling them in entirety!

Claude: Hope you enjoyed every bit of that PB! Isnt that what weekends are for???????

Cheryl: Great workout plan for today... ENJOY every minute of it.

Have a great weekend all - My Circuit Workout kicked my booty so I need a nap!

Back! Run is done, PS Back, Bicep & Abs is done, lunch is done. Feel good. Need a shower.

Amy - I forgot to mention that that pb sounds wonderful. As Corinne says, it can be hard to find some products up here, but sometimes the stores can surprise us. I'll check at my Walmart, but might have better luck at Planet Organic. Do you know the name of the company that makes it?

Corinne - I really do applaud your mother's determination to stay focused on healthy eating during such a tough time. As extra motivation, remind her that eating lots of fruits and vegetables will help her body heal from the surgery. And I completely share your ambivalence about your brother. I have one of those, and our relationship is, ah, competitive, to say the least.

Kirsten - woah, that's some self control you have! You should be very proud of yourself.

Claude - instead of thinking of it as "finishing off the jar" of peanut butter, how about calling it what it was and just saying that you had a couple of tablespoons of peanut butter? That doesn't nearly sound so bad. And bravo on sticking to your points.

Cheryl - nice workout planned. SM#2 is a good one!

Traci - LOL at the mousetrap idea. That might be more effective. High Five on the circuit workout! That could not have been easy. Enjoy your well-deserved rest.

Have a good day,
Sandra

I'm cooked! I just finished Legs and Glutes, abs from PS Back and Bi's and Cardio Coach #3 about 38 minutes long. I'm sure I will have DOMS tomorrow.

Thanks for all the confidence everyone, I'm feeling more motivated as I get active here again, you guys are great motivators!!!

For those of you that don't go to meetings, do you make up your own journals, then? I was thinking about just getting a small bound notebook to carry along to keep track of everything.

Have a great evening
Marcia.

Marcia-
A notebook would work fine... I buy a WW 12 week book (online in the store) that I really love. They arent pricey and it stores nicely in purse. I use them all the time to look back at foods I ate that made in difference and kept me feeling satisfied throughout the day.

Hey guys! Guess What?? I got a call from work at 10 minutes to 6 saying that they didn't need me at work yet tonight. They may need me later, but if they do, it's time and a half!!!! Money, Money, Money!!

Anyway, Marcia, you and I must have been on the same wavelength! I also did Legs and Glutes, and like Traci, have noticed that I have been doing heavy circuits because I matched Cathe on all her weights during the tape! I have never done that! I know that I am going to be feeling it tomorrow for sure!!! I also did the warm up and the first set of intensity drills from KPC too!

A coworker was really encouraging me to start lifting heavy. When I got her to describe what she meant by "heavy" she said that she usually starts her bicep curls at 35 lbs for 15 reps/30# 12 reps/ 25 lbs 10 reps! I about fell over because she TOTALLY doesn't look like she lifts! In fact, she doen't have ANY muscle tone that you can see. It was a little shocking. She also said that she can bench press 100# and wants to get to 150# by the New Year!

Corinne- keep up the good work, I hope that NY party is fun!!! I am keeping your mother and you in my prayers.

Kirsten- Another Waffle House-er!! Yea!! DH LOVES to hit WH for breakfast! I usually don't get waffles. My strategy is to get a grilled chicken breast and STEAMED hashbrowns with onions and mushrooms. Sometimes I get dry wheat toast, but not always. I had seen a flyer at one WH that was put out by a registered dietician and that was one of the recommendations she made for breakfast. I had no idea that they could steam their hashbrowns. They have no fat and they taste just like a baked potato (when you don't add the onions/mushrooms)

Sandra- I had a hard time finding a manufacturer on that new PB, but on the back of the jar it had a web address: www.peanutsnack.com HTH! Congrats on being asked to do a triathalon. Somedays I think that it would be fun, but I just can get past the swimming part! I just don't enjoy it! I am glad that you do!!!

Well, I am off to actually have dinner with DH! Oh, I threatened him with the WWHCofPCJ if he ate my stuff again. He wanted to know what his punishment was going to be!

Marcia -

I like keeping my points/nutrition journal online at www.weightwatchers.com. It costs a fee of about $12 a month, but for me it's so well worth it. Very handy!

Traci - Stretch Max #2 is my favorite because it's so nice to do something with the ball that's not painful! (he, he)

Cheryl

HI everyone -
I know it's late but I was cleaning out my purse and found some recipes that my WW leader gave us this week. I wanted to share cuz they really sound good -

Cauliflower Soup -
1 butternut squash - poke holes and microwave for a few minutes, just long enough to be able to peel and slice it
1 large cauliflower, cut in pieces
1 med onion, cut in pieces
some carrots, cut in pieces

Boil everything together with just enough water or chicken broth to cover veggies. Add spices - salt, pepper, garlic, whatever sounds good. Once all the veggies are soft, let it cool and puree it in the blender. Reheat in microwave. It can be frozen

1 cup = 0 pts and it's Core

1pt Chili
5 cans of beans, different kinds, whichever you like
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 can tomatoe sauce
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 small onion
1-2 cloves of garlic

Brown onion and garlic in 2 tsp of oil. Add everything else and simmer for 30-45 minutes.

My WW leader doesn't like anything hot and spicy, so I would probably add seasonings like red pepper and jalepenos to spice this up. I also add a TON of veggies to my chili - peppers, carrots, celery, peas, etc but they wouldn't add any points.

Well it's getting close to bedtime and I'm pooped. Still have quite a bit to do so I'm off. Chat with all tomorrow!!

Claude

"Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." Satchel Paige

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.