Weight Watchers for Sun Dec-30-07

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning ladies,

I had a good night sleep! I feel like a new person!

I need to catch up with yesterday's post! BBL!

Belinda

Hi girls,

I am not sure what workout I will do today?

Amelia I don't know anything about TM! Sorry!

Kristine late Happy Birthday to Heidi! Glad you had fun!

Laine I will start a diet on Tuesday! I will take on the BFL 12 week Challenge! How is you headache?? Hope you feeling better! I love Cardio Hits! Have fun!

Lori I am glad you get to sleep sometimes! Looks like you really enjoy your job! Your DH has to get used to you not beeing around!LOL!

Cheryl great run yesterday! Glad you enjoy your new TV! I have a 47'flat screem tv and I love it!

Have a great Sunday and workout!
Belinda
http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

Hello Ladies,

Belinda-im joining the 12 week challenge too,although im not following BFL.How much weigth are you looking to lose? Im wanting to lose atleast 25pds! There sure is alot of people joining that challenge,thats alot of folks to meet,lol;-)

Well,im not sure what workout im doing today.I have major DOMS from yesterdays WO.Today will be a cardio of some type!

I need to go get some groceries right quick! I was going to start SBD today but I dont' have any food here,lol! Oh well,I guess tommorrow will be better!bbl

Hi girls,

My DD and I went to the gym this morning! I run for 25 min. and did leg work! Later I will add abs!

Amelia my goal is to lose 25 pds! I am so excited you joined the challenge too! You and I will keep each other on track! OK??? Enjoy your workout today!

Belinda

Hey Girls:)

Just waking up and sipping on some coffee...I wish it were hotter! But Im to lazy to go upstairs and pop it in the microwave. Maybe I will drink this cup really fast and then move on to #2:9

Im not sure what my workout will be today.Probably just cardio b/c yesterday was a circuit workout. Unless I decide to do another workout like that. I certainly have the time today b/c it is snowing out and I am not going anywhere until its time to go to work.

Im joining the 12 week challenge as well but I have no clue what my goals are...hehe I have to figure that out. I also need to make up some sort of rotation.I know there seems like alot of people are joining but I don't think that will last long.I joined one just before I got preggo and within days the group diminshed. It could just be b/c of New Years resoulutions or maybe people will actually stick to it. I hope so but there is no way I will have time for personnals with all those people.:)

Belinda** Good job on thw workout.I bet you are gonna miss DD when she goes back!

Amelia** Did you consider the TM after? I checked and Sears also has some on sale but I think they are a little expensive. But Im sure they are worth the money. Although, my Uncle and friend both had TM's from Sears and my Uncles motor died 2 x's and my friends once. Im sure she used it ALOT but Im not sure about him. I used mine just as much as she used hers and I never had to have it serviced. Sure it spit fire at me a few times and went crazy but it worked again the next day:) They say the less its computerized...the better. If that makes sense. Don't worry about all the gadgets that come with a TM..just try to find a belt that moves and tells you how fast you are going:)

Lori:)

Hey all--

Yesterdays workout was chest/back (X) and then I did Scrambled Eggs off of BM2. Such and amazing workout. I forgot how much I love Cathe cardio. I am thinking about doing doubles this last phase. Maybe just 4x a week addl. Just depends on the time situation.

Today's workout is Plyometrics.

Amelia--good job on starting the SBD! It is so 'easy' once you get the 'white devil' (sugar, white carbs etc) out of your system. You should start today! Why not? Get a jump start on it!

Belinda--I am glad you had a fun time skiing! You want to lose 25lbs? Good for you for doing the BFL challenge. Everyone that does it has great results.

Lori-what a creative idea with your circuit workout yesterday! How did you structure it? Would you run mile or two, and then do a body part? How cool!

Ok, going to get going, hopefully will check in ltr!
Carrie

Carrie,( I aslo posted a similar question in OD today)but I was wondering if you did(or know somebody)who did phase one of the SBD and how the low carbs effected their workouts! Im gonna try and workout while in phase one but I don't want to make myself dizzy or anything! Im kinda scared to add any carbs as I want to follow the diet to a T(and get the results they claim come in the first two weeks;-)) I wanted to start the diet today but didn't have any food here x(!

sorry ladies,I hope im not driving anybody nuts with this SBD stuff,its just when I start something I want to make sure I do it right;-) I guess im kinda a perfectionist,LOL

Lori-Im not sure about the one from walmart,Im probably gonna go on a treadmill search around town and try and find one on sale,I did find one at sears that was originally 1,100 and its on sale for 725.00...not too shabby.But im Defintely getting one,very exciting:7 like on a day like today,rainy and cold,I could jump on my TM and go to town watching Sex and the City;-)

Lori what cardio workout did you end up doing? I miss my DD and DS already and they not even gone! I think I will go back to the states for awhile?? I miss having them around!

Amelia sorry I am not much help on TM! I never owned one! How you going to do SBD with the 12 week challenge?

Carrie great workout yesterday! Have fun with Plyometrics today! Yeh, I want to lose 25 pounds! I anestly haven't lost any weight since my mom passed away! I gained muscle, put the scale will not move one inch!! I follow Cathe's rotations since last year! I hope I will see great results too!

Cheryl, Laine and Kristine hope you have a great day!

Belinda

Hi everyone, I'm a little late getting on today.

I've had a busy day already today and I think today's workout will be Clean Max because my mom arrives on Tuesday but tomorrow I start my 4DS Rotation so if I rest, I want it to be today. Eek, just looking around my house I sort of dread cleaning it--there's still a bit of post-Christmas mess--the extra toys and new DVDs lying around, etc.

My Barry's Bootcamp set already sold on Amazon, but I still have a few other workouts for sale on there. I hope to get enough to help pay for some new workouts (I know, it's an addiction but most of us here have it).

Belinda, good luck on the challenge--do you have the BFL book?

Amelia, I plan to start SBD tomorrow. I wanted to get groceries first, but I just bought a ton the other day so I can't spend so much already again. I'm not going to do the specific meals yet, but adjust for what's allowed or not allowed. I think I have enough healthy stuff to do that, at least. I actually joined online at southbeachdiet.com. I had already been spending for an online membership at WW, which I canceled to channel the money to SBD for the time being. I still get to keep my user name at WW to go on the forums and I can always sign up for WW online again at some point. I was also concerned about not having carbs and working out--because I plan to start a good rotation tomorrow as well. I guess we'll see how that goes. Oh, and yesterday you asked about my Rykas--so far I love them and they feel great. I got them in my usual size and they fit fine (I know sometimes people say get them a half size up.)

Lori, I'm feeling so much better you shouldn't have to work out extra for me any more for a while. ;)

Carrie, I love BM2--it does have some great cardio. What I really look forward to starting my 4DS rotation is all the great cardio in that series.

Hello to Cheryl, Kristine, etc.!

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif[/font]

Hi Belinda, I have 8 DVDs left for sale--you can see them here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/shops/index.html?ie=UTF8&sellerID=A2OF7SCGY4SA82

I've got a few Cathes (the Classics, HSTA, CF, Hardcore Extreme, Ab Hits, & PS. Plus I have Push by Kari Anderson and a 10-Minute Solution one with Amy Bento. I just don't use these as much as my other DVDs so it seemed silly to keep them.

I would be willing to post my meals, esp. if Amelia does, too. So, maybe. The first 2 weeks of SBD are the really strict cutting out carbs weeks, it looks like, then it gets a little gentler later.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif[/font]

Lainie, I'll have to go check out your sale DVDs. Glad you got to open 4DS at least... I'm sure you'll love it.

Lori, sounds like a good workout yesterday and a fun weekend in store.

Belinda, glad you got a good night's sleep. Sounds like heaven.

Carrie, Amelia - I'm in for the next 12 weeks of challenge. This will be fun.

This morning I did PUB for the first time with the new t.v. Loved it! Nothing like Cathe and crew in lifesized HD. Very encouraging.

Have a wonderful afternoon, everyone!

Cheryl

Belinda-If I read correctly(which I sometimes dont,lol) the 12 week challenge is for anybody who wants to just kinda'check inn' for 12 weeks, no matter what program their following! I may decide to not check in there as it looks like its going to be a HUGE thread,LOL
Im with lori on not be able to do all those personals :+

Cheryl-Yay looks like everybody is doing the 12 week challenge

Lainie-Alright,so were on for tommorrow! I found this website to explain everything simple too http://www.southbeach-diet-plan.com/shoppinglist_p1.htm Can't wait to start! There is one concern I have,its about the quantity of food but I will just try to keep my serving under control.

bbl

Amelia the 12 week challenge is for anybody!! I was wondering how do you use it with the 12 week challenge?? That's it! I am with Lori that people will drop out! You right,there is no way you could keep up with personals! I really whant to do the 12 week challenge and follow it to the T! Go Amelia and do the challenge with me!!!!

Cheryl great workout! Glad you enjoyed it!

Belinda

HI Girls:)

Im back from my workout. I realize after I have my workout done that there isn't to much time left, and then its time to go back to work:eek: Its after 4 now and I only have 2 hours left...last shift though:)
So my workout today ended up being another circuit. I ran plus DM. I did 3 1.5 mile runs, then the weights in DM, then 1 mile, then weight work, then 2 .5 mile runs and the weights.If that makes any sense:) So I did a 7 mile run and DM (minus the cardio)

Carrie** I really enjoy doing workouts like that.I pick weight work thats more endurance like and will keep my HR up when Im not running. I usually pick HST/HSC/BC/or DM. Yesterday was the first time I used ME but it did the trick. I did a 1 mile run after every body part.It could have been a 8 mile run b/c of the way I broke it down.The time flies when I do circuit work.

Laine** Glad to hear you are feeling better! Now, get your house cleaned before your mother comes. We were somewhere the other day and my mom was talking to a lady who says she cleans her sons house. Then my mom said, yeah I come in and help Lori ann clean her house to...WTH? yeah, she tidies when she comes here but she certainly doesn't make a trip to clean my house right through! She made it sound as if I need my house cleaned all the time..I was like...WHAT-EVER! hehe

Cheryl** Are you joining us on the 12 week challenge?

Amelia** I had the SBD book but loaned it out and I never got it back. I never did follow it. Way to strict for me and I need my carbs! I know my friend did it for a little while and couldn't keep up with it but she didn't need to lose weight either.

Belinda** The hardest part about family comming home is watching them leave again. Its really hard, I know!

Hope I didn't miss anyone! Time to get ready for work!

Lori:)

Edited to add that my HR monitor reported 492 cals burned. But when I looked during my weight work, it kept stopping! That really burns me! And my dog kept dropping bombs! Wasn't pleasant at all!!!!

Just back to report my workout.

I did plyometrics. I am really loving that workout. I was a little disappointed in my overall calorie burn. My HR told me I burned only 270 calories in 63 mins! I felt like I worked alot harder than that! I also finished up with some yoga, cuz I am loving that too. I did Ali McGraw's mind/body/sprit, or whatever. It was around 50 some mins. It's nice to have time on the weekends to fit in extra goodies!

Amelia--I think you will see the best results if you follow the program as best you can and keep your workouts normal. I don't think your workouts will suffer, to be perfectly honest. They may actually improve, as you will have more energy and stamina with additional protein in your diet. Most people, aside from professional athletes, don't need alot of carbs to workout. Of course everyone is different. Have you ever read/done The Zone? It's got alot of science on this, and they actually did tests on professional athletes on low carb and their performance improved!
Hey-its only 2 weeks, right? When I did it, I did not see any change in my workouts or stamina.

Lori--again, great workout! That just sounds like so much fun. I am actually playing with that idea myself. I don't have a treadmill, but I guess I could run around the block (my neighbors would think i was freak).

Cheryl--OMG, I am sure jealous of your tv. How cool. What a great present.

Everyone have a great rest of the Sunday!
Carrie

Carrie-Great Workout girl,high five!And Thanks,that does make me feel better! I will just take one day at a time. And thats exactly what I keep thinking...phase one is only for two weeks...I can do this!
I do have one more question for ya,I drink coffee in the am...I can't seem to find the answer if non-dairy creamer is permitted in the first phase,do you know? Ive looked everywhere in the book(and online)Thanks agian carrie:)

Belinda-Im with ya,I'll do the twelve week challenge(South beach style;-))and im so excited. I couldn't sleep last night because I kept dreaming that I was stepping on the scale and it kept going down,LOL talk about crazy

Lori-Great workout today,I cant wait to get Drillmax (and a TM)man im so giddy,I KNOW im driving my DH crazy with all this sbd stuff:+. This is exactly how I acted right before i started WW'ers,Thankgoodness for this forumn,LOL;-)

hey to the rest of the gang!

Hey everyone! I'm back, sorry it's been so long! Whew, busy week, but fun to spend time with family for sure. Looks like you all have been super busy as well and GREAT JOB to all of you on your workouts!!!

I opened up my brand new LIC today and did the cardio only premix and LOVED IT!!! So fun I was actually smiling during it (probably looked silly, but hey it was fun). My new BM2 workout arrived on Friday, so I'll be trying that one out this week as well. Love new workouts:) Okay, what is the 12 week challenge? Is it a specific program or just individual goals we have? I would like to lose a couple of pounds (2-4) and really focus on core and strength training. Also, REALLY want to stick to my 5 day a week workout goal.

Belinda, sounds like you had a wonderful time with your family!! When do they leave? I hope you can see them again soon.

Kristine, glad that Heidi's birthday went well and good job on your workouts! Ryan is at the same point as Heidi with walking, just has taken a few steps here and there, but I think he'll be going full steam ahead soon:)

Lori, glad your TM is still cooperating:) If you end up replacing it, I'll be curious to here what brand you get. I think after our elliptical has worn out (we've had it for 6 years and are hoping to get another 3-4 out of it) we might switch it out for a nice TM. I'm glad Rylan had a good b-day, isn't it a lot to celebrate Christmas and birthdays so close to each other? It was kind of crazy for us, but I'm sure we'll get used to it! We ended up having Ryan's big family party yesterday at our house even though his b-day isn't until this Wed.

Carrie, wow you're doing awesome!! Congrats on PX90 and entering the last phase! Also, very cool about training for a marathon, I wish you the best of luck with that. I am not a big runner myself, but hope to do some short distance runs when the weather warms up.

Lainie, yay you're feeling better!! That is great news and sounds like you got some fun fitness stuff for Christmas! I have a pair of NB shoes right now but am considering asking for some Ryka's for my birthday in March. What style do you recommend? Hope you got a lot of cleaning done today, I've been chipping away at mine. Went to Target and bought some organizing bins for my DD's new Polly Pockets.

Amelia, that is AWESOME about your weight loss goals! Are you doing the SB diet and the BFL challenge? I don't know much about either but have at least heard of them. I bet you will see some great results. I can't wait to hear your review of Drill Max, that one might be next up on my list:)

Cheryl, I was doing my workout today and thinking how nice a large flat screen would be! Definitely enjoy that;) Sounds like things are going very well for you too.

Okay, sure hope I didn't forget anyone. I'll check back in tomorrow. Have a great evening!

Stacey

Stacey, so glad you liked LIC. I knew you would. Definite smile factor on that cardio - it's one of my favorite pre-mixes.

Lori, yes, I'm in on the 12 week challenge - I'm thinking of trying to follow BFL as close as I can - particularly the eating.

Have a great night, everyone!

Cheryl

Amelia--just reponding to your q's above. Hopefully you will see this tomorrow, as it is late!

You can TOTALLY drink coffee on this diet! I mean, what is not to love? Also--I wanted to tell you this, I thought about it after. There are testimonials in the book, by people that followed the SBD. Dr Agaston puts in this story about this guy, who followed SBD, but refused to give up his nightly bowl of ice cream. The guy still lost weight. I just wanted to let you know that even if you do 'cheat' a little, you still will see results. A bowl of ice cream every night? Hello!

Have a great night everyone!
Carrie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.