Weight Watchers Monday 2/16

pace1987

Cathlete
Good morning everyone:) Just getting us started. Today I am going to get back on track. I just ate my 1 cup of cheerios with 1 tablespoon of flaxmeal and skim milk. I will be earning about 3 AP from STS this morning. BBL:)

Good morning all,

Today was my weigh-in and I lost 1.4 lbs. Whoo hoo. I'm having oatmeal with almond milk this morning and packed a salad with Walden Farm dressing, leftover roasted cauliflower and asparagus and 3 oz. of broiled salmon for lunch, along with a pear and apple for snacks.

pace - I wish I could get my butt going in the morning to get STS done before work. I'm doing Disk 4 tonight though.

Now, to take the dog potty before I hit the road.

Last edited:
This morning I am having steel cut oats with some berries and protein powder for breakfast. I have some of that veggie soup I plan on eating through out the day to help keep me full. It also helps me get some servings of veggies because I am really bad at that.

Sometimes I work out at the gym and sometimes I work out at home with Cathe. Today I will be doing some shoulder work and a step workout with Cathe.

Do you think I can join you? I am not in WW on line or in meetings, but I did do it before. I bought a magazine and am following what it says. I have been a terrible eater and since I started STS today I would like to clean up my eating.
So far I have had a half cup of oatmeal and a cup of coffee with 2tbs.of half and half and a dollop of whipcream. I don't even know what all that adds up to. My whole point of doing WW is really to eat a whole lot less. I need to be accountable to someone. But I;m terrible at it. Have you been checking in for a while? I have been wanting to do the Clean Eating but honestly I am not into eating 6 times a day. Is this bad? I have about 20-23 pounds to lose. This is hard but I have been ready to get started to lose it.

Veronika

Veronika,

We actually just re-started this check-in yesterday, so welcome!

I meant to go to my first (for this round!) WW meeting today to get my starting weight, etc, but I didn't wake up on time and now I have to wait until 4PM. Ugh.

I am getting a late start today because I have today off and slept in, but I'll go grab a slice of whole-wheat toast and an orange in a bit... trying to get started right!

I have 70lbs total to lose :(... marriage really did a number on my figure!! I was a size 8/10 at 5'9" when I got married six years ago, which I was completely happy with, but now I'm a size 18, and I'm miserable! I managed to lose 40lbs last year on WW, but then I gained it all back when I stopped attending meetings. My husband is a very thin, wiry man who never has to work out or watch what he eats, and it's hard to keep reminding myself that I simply cannot eat the way he can with no repercussions. :(

Anyway, welcome WWers!

MC

Good morning, WW'ers...

Today I weigh 267 pounds, my goal is 225, once I hit that goal, I'll decide whether or not I want to go lower. For my workout, I'll be doing a Kick Max premix later this evening.

I'm actually going to start tracking my points tomorrow, I figured 36 points for myself as of now.

DW and a friend are actually going to go to the actual WW weigh-ins and meetings on a weekly basis, we have an electronic WW scale at home that I'll be using.

I think this is great we are picking up some members to our check in!!!

I am in the same boat as Veronika. I was on WW in the fall with their Core program and loved it. I wanted to get back to belonging to a gym and could only afford one expense so WW went and the gym is in. I would love to join this little group. I am hoping to follow WW with more Core foods (or Filling Foods as they are calling it now). I designed my own spreadsheet to track as well. I like the idea of being accountable to someone besides myself. It seems when I am accountable only to me, terrible things happen...like putting on 5 pounds last week:eek:!!!

Carrie

Welcome Carrie and Veronica!

Veronica, I think you need to find a healthy way to eat that works for you, or you won't keep up with it long term.

Carrie, I agree with you about the importance of accountability. Keep us updated.

MC, I have 49 lbs to goal now; I've lost 5.4 since I started last month. I lost 40 lbs two years ago with WW and then gained it all back. Keeping on track over the long term is my weakness.

Becky

Good afternoon everyone.

Hi to Carrie, Becky, Jacque, Falinra, Veronika, MC, Jerry, Carrie, Becky.

Can I ask a question, what is steal oats and how does it taste compare to reg. oatmeal? I think I might have to try this as I always hear people here eating this.

Well today I earned 4 AP because I did a total of 65 minutes strength training. That was 55 minutes of STS CS&B and 10 minutes of abs.

Way to go on your 4 AP.

Steel cut oats are cut rather than rolled, like we're used to with Quaker oats. My experience is that they generally take longer to cook; I cook mine in a rice cooker usually, and they have a slightly chewier quality. They are good. They're whole grain and I believe have a lower glycemic index than the quick oats we usually eat. I think there are some shortcuts to cut down on the cooking time - presoaking, etc., but I haven't tried it. I usually only make them on weekends, but will sometimes make a pot and refrigerate the leftovers. Then in the morning I will cut the "log" of leftovers and serve with a little low-cal syrup. Delicious.

Way to go on your 4 AP.

Steel cut oats are cut rather than rolled, like we're used to with Quaker oats. My experience is that they generally take longer to cook; I cook mine in a rice cooker usually, and they have a slightly chewier quality. They are good. They're whole grain and I believe have a lower glycemic index than the quick oats we usually eat. I think there are some shortcuts to cut down on the cooking time - presoaking, etc., but I haven't tried it. I usually only make them on weekends, but will sometimes make a pot and refrigerate the leftovers. Then in the morning I will cut the "log" of leftovers and serve with a little low-cal syrup. Delicious.

Thanks so much for such great info on the cut steal oat. Now I have to get to the health food store and buy some:). I am so glad that we are doing this check in because it really helps to motivate me and I'm sure it will help others:).

Hello, all!

I went to my meeting tonight... I am back up to 227.4!!! :eek: YIKES!!!! My goal is to get back to 165-170, where I feel pretty comfortable. I signed up for the Monthly Pass thing so I can use the online tools. We'll see how well that works... if I don't feel like I'm using it, then I'll just pick a different payment plan.

I didn't track today, but I'll get on it with my points tomorrow... good luck everyone!!

MC

Last edited:
Hello WWers,

MC, the important thing is that you get back on track from here.:D

Today was good. I did STS Disk 4. Oh my gosh, those push-ups. I am ashamed to say that I finished a couple sets in table position and collapsed on the last set. My arms are shot. I warmed up dinner and it was actually work to bring the bring the fork to my mouth :eek:. I should feel this tomorrow.

For dinner I had mussels over linguine, leftovers from yesterday. They were delicious. Publix had the Bantry Bay mussels on sale B1G1F and I used the Dreamfields (higher fiber) linguine and added some red pepper flakes and chopped parsley. It made four 4 pt. servings. I will definetely make again. Also had a clementine and pear. No vegetables this time, but had cauliflower and asparagus at lunch. I still have 1.5 points to use today (I get 26/day right now), maybe some popcorn.

Becky

Hi All:

well, today starts off a lot of check-ins for me! WW and waiting for Cathe's STS day 1 check-in as well :)

I am re-committing to WW also. I have been an online member since August '08 and have not really taken it seriously at all... but I am determined to make STS count as much as possible, and that means to get my eating under control and try to control portion sizes!

So, I have about 30 lbs to lose... I also just found out that DH's best friend is getting married in Mexico in the fall, so this extra weight has GOT TO GO! I will NOT go to Mexico only to wear a tootoo (or is that a TwoTwo?) My current weight is hovering about 175 on a good day and I feel really good at about 145. I'm only 5' tall, but have the stockier build and not Petite for my height... so end up being at the high end of my weight/age range, but that's OK with me as long as I feel good!

Logged in my food and STS activity for today and I ended up using my entire daily alotment of points... but only a few of my weekly points, so considering it's my first day, I'm good with it!

Have a great night! Tomorrow's another day! Lets make the most of it!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.