Weight Watchers MONDAY 11/6

teddy16410

Cathlete
Happy Monday All!!!!

Cheryl: I'll post Egg Drop Soup recipe in solo post...:) Have a GREAT time w/ Dtr today at spa.....oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Jane: I think if YOU think B7G Bonus Abs are killer then I'll be cryin' on the floor and will have thrown ball out window!
}(

Claude: PaintMax al weekend sounds like killer upper body work! Are you re-doing your whole house??? Good sounding strategy switching to core... gotta do what will be "life friendly" ;)

Buffy: Happy P90X day!!!! Drum Roll PLEASE.....Great job OP all weekend too.... You seem to manage out of town days really well! Congrats on scale too!

Amy: LOLOLOLOL @ "mom".... You had me belly laughing this morning with the visual of you getting dizzy taking off compression stockings... I am so visual & because I know what you look like from pics I always "see" you doing these crazy things that you so beautifully describe!!!!!! Thanks for asking about DH & MIL weekend... WooHoo!!!!!! The deer won again this year!!!!!!:7
My MIL says its all my vibes... she said for 50 years they have never had an opening weekend where the entire family came home w/ nothing...UNTIL I CAME INTO THE PICTURE 5 YRS AGO....heheheheehheeh
I call the deer and say RUN LIKE HELL!!!:7

Jennifer: Hope youre feeling better about things today... WE LOVE YOU! Claudes kinda like cathe with that crystal ball isnt she?????
Just another reminder that we are never alone in our antics!

My butt is so sore today and its been 3 days since I did P90 lower... I think ALL his stuff targets lower in some way ... I've heard people say that his lower work leaves something to be desired bit I think if you are using P90 as prescribed you actually get more intense lower... just gotta get past the no barbell issue .... I'm so happy because barbells are LITERALLY a pain in my neck & back & I REALLY didnt want to invest in a better quality one- Cross that off the xmas list!

Today is BUTTS & GUTTS as produced.... (we'll see about THAT!) My B&G's are already screaming so I may end up in a twisted ball of booty cramps before its all over lololol

Have a great day all!

Egg Drop Soup
* modified from WW Take 5 cookbook where its 2 points. This is a 1 point base that I made. 1 cup Depending on how many egg whites you use it could also be a ZERO pointer!
I like to leave the base plain then add shrimp, chicken etc... just before I eat to make a hearty meal (adjust points);-) I also just double recipe. As its listed is 4- 1 cup servings

Feel free to add in veggies to base

Crock Pot or Stove Top

1 32 oz carton fat free, low sodium chicken broth
1/4 cup fresh lime juice (more to taste)
3/4 teaspoon Thai red or green curry paste
(found in asian section of any store) (add more to taste)
4-8 ounces egg whites (I used liquid 100% pure egg whites and just poured in)
1-2 tablespoons cilantro
salt & pepper to taste

1.Combine broth, lime juice and curry paste in large pot. Bring to rolling boil. Let simmer for 10 minutes (or if veggies added simmer until they are cooked).
2.Bring heat back up and add in the egg whites, whisking them in
3.Simmer again about 2-3 minutes (to cook whites)
4.Dish out 1 cup in a bowl... add cilantro....add cooked fish/shrimp if desired.

:9 :9 :9 :9

Traci- Thanks for the soup recipe! It just spit out on the printer. I am glad that your DH and MIL didn't bag a bambi again this weekend. I don't have anything against hunters, either, per se, I just don't understand why people feel the need to go out and shoot a poor defenseless animal (in my best Rosie Perez imitation from My Cousin Vinny). So that's what? Deer: 5; Fam: 0, right??? Good going!
Sorry your gluteus maximus is feeling gluteus noodlous!:p I hope that you're able to do B&G today as planned. Maybe DH will give you a booty massage for those booty cramps }( }( }( }( }(

I am relegating myself to anywhere in the house except the bedroom. I am in the "coughing/hacking" stage of the cold right now, and I want DH to get as much sleep as he can....since he already has a problem sleeping at night anyway, I am sure I am NOT helping!

Oh, I had also heard that Tony's lower body didn't get some people as good as Cathe did. Like I said, I have yet to fully test the waters when it comes to P90X! AbRipperX just about killed me! At this rate, I don't know when I will be back in the saddle when it comes to working out! I previewed a couple of the Turbo Jam tapes last night. That chic leave a LOT to be desired when it comes to her form! I guess that I am somewhat a "form snob" and her's is awful! It looks like fun, though. We'll see when we get there!

ETA- Oh, almost forgot that I read somewhere else that on December 10 WW is unveiling their "new" updated program. Anyone else hear about that? I haven't been able to stay for a meeting, so I haven't gotten the details.

Good morning Traci and fellow WWer's....

Monday again!

Traci - LOL... those abs are very different from what Cathe has done before. That's why I love Cathe's w/o's so much, she is always throwing a little twist in there to make it different and more difficult, e.g. those side planks on the ball and those balancing snow angels (in BM2 I think).

Let me know how you like B&G as produced. I really like that w/o!

Thanks for the recipe. I've printed it. Here's a recipe I've enjoyed. I got it from a fellow WWer a couple of years ago. Let's share some recipes we've come across or old favorites we've tweaked the WW way. This orange fluff is heavenly!

ORANGE FLUFF (2 points per serving)

12 oz low-fat cottage cheese
1 small box sugar-free orange jello
--Mix above ingredients together
11 oz can Mandarin oranges in light syrup – drained
20 oz can crushed pineapple – drained until really dry
--Add fruit
--Fold in 8 oz container fat-free Cool Whip

12 servings – ½ cup each

I used a fine sieve to really dry out the crushed pineapple really well. Use a spatula to mash it down to drain all the juice.

DrillMax for me today.

Have a good one!

Hi Amy, we were posting at the same time.

Our leader said something about going to a regional WW meeting this month to get information on "program enhancements" which she will share with us on the unveiling date. I didn't know it was December 10th but I knew something new was coming.

Jane: I am going to whip up this yumm-o looking Orange Fluff! Sounds HEAVENLY... Cant wait to hear the DRILL MAX "review"... I consider you pretty advanced so if you say tough...it TOUGH! Just from clips it seems to me Drill Max is the most different than anything in cathes collection - thats why I think its gonna be my fav!

AMY: LOLOL..got the "massage last night!;-) So right about TJ Charlene... I about threw my back out following her form w/ the 2 pound gloves on... I quickly slowed my pace a bit to make it safer & imo more effective. LOL on Deer 5 etc...YEAH BABY!}(

WW new program???? Hadnt heard... FYI for all of us that don't go to meetings... The last program change also made old sliders obsolete... points values do tend to change over the years as my lifer friends have found out.... better start reading the ww online stuff more or I'll be consuming 80 points a day! LOL

Traci - Good Luck with B&G. I'm really feeling it today (in places I haven't felt it before).

Amy- Glad your feeling better. I'm in that sorta hacking phase myself but not too bad.

Jane - New WW stuff. Hum, how interesting. Can't wait for that.

Today I'm doing P90X chest and back. I previewed it yesterday with DH. Lots of pushups. DH felt inspired so he dropped and did 20. For him, that's good. He said he might use to P90X program. Now that would be something.

Have a great day.

Buffy

Jane- the orange fluff looks might tasty! I may just have to file that one for later!

Buffy- Good luck with the Chest/Back today. I hope hubby likes it as well.

Morning,

Jane – thanks for posting recipe yummy……

This morning, I did Legs & Glutes, 50 min jog and pushed out 100 cross cable for my abs :p :D :p Tomorrow I’m working the polls and we have to be there at 5:30 in the morning so NO Workout for me.

Still haven’t received confirmation for B&G and DM. Altho, Body Max is due today, and JUSTTTTTTT maybe the other two DVD's are in the box. I shall see. But, I did post to Cathe my concern.

Teddygirl~

Tracie - You are a sweetheart :) :) :) I just got my DVD can’t waitttttttttttttttttttt too try it. Thank you so very much, my friend.

Okay, I got an email from support.com and they said they type in the wrong email address ;( :eek: And that my shipment has been shipped. I’m soooooooo excited.

Teddygirl~

Quick checkin -
Painted until 11 pm last night - tonight we have to do the second coat and then we'll be done. I'll post pics when we're finished. We're painting the foyer which is about 14 x 20 with a fireplace, winding staircase and double pocket doors into the parlor. It was an orangy red before; we're painting it a deeper, more burgundy red and it's coming out great.

This morning was RS. I almost skipped the challenge, but hung in there. Glad I did. Breakfast was all core - the only change I made from my usual bkfst was skipping the multigrain english muffin. I think the hardest part will be giving up my sweets, which has always been my weakness.

I'll try to be back later for personals. Happy Monday!

Claude

"Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." Satchel Paige

Hi guys,

Quick check-in today... I too heard about new "program changes" coming. I tried to get a new tracker diary, and the person told me that they were making new changes and phasing those out. Makes me wonder what the heck this is that they're doing! Whatever it is, I hope it doesn't make things more complicated. I like the fact that WW is relatively easy to do/remember.

Jennifer

Hi gang,

This morning I did Rhythmic Step. I had IMAX2 on the schedule, but my lower back is very tired and telling me that it did not want to do any aggressive jumping. I think I might be coming down with a bug; a tired lower back is usually my first symptom that something's not right.

Does anyone have any insight into this? By Saturday evening, I noticed that my throat was extremely itchy. When I checked in the mirror, I had some red dots on the top of my throat. The next day, the dots had turned to large purplish splotches. My throat is still itchy, although now there's a mild burning feeling, like it's been aggravated.

Two things are crossing my mind. 1: I'm developing a throat infection (strep throat?), which would also explain the weak/tired back; or 2: I'm having a reaction to the pool on Saturday morning. I've always had my nasal passages irritated by pool water, and usually spend the rest of the day sneezing and sniffling. It's always gone by the next day. Could this be a more severe reaction to the pool? Or some mold that might be in the pool area? (It's an old facility; I've no doubt it's not the most sanitary). Any thoughts?? Our family doesn't really have allergies, so this is all new to me.

On the plus side, I weighed myself this morning, and am down 1.2 pounds from 2 weeks ago. I'm doing the happy dance; I didn't do as much damage as I thought I did when Mom was here.

Great check ins this morning. You guys are full of great recipes and ideas. I'm curious about the new WW changes.

Traci - how did the last round of changes make the old point slider redundant? I'm still using that one. Am I over or underestimating my points?

Have a great day,
Sandra

I'm not Traci, but the last round of changes made the old point slider change as well. I still have my point slider from when the fiber went up to 8 gm, the new one maxes out at 4 gm of fiber. From the winds, I have heard that WW is going to start incorporating counting carbs........ I think.

Sandra- your throat sounds like either strep or a viral thing. Strep is easy to take care of with antibiotics, viral, just time, unfortunately

It sounds like RS was the workout for the day! I am still planning/hoping/fingers crossed to do Basic Step. It sounds puny, but heck, after a week on the couch, it's about all I can muster!

Hi gang-
just finished Butts & Gutts as produced.... ok I officially am ready to start my REST day (which is tomorrow) My legs, glutes and everything else below the waist are on fire... I was already major sore from P90 Week 1 but this was CRAZY! Every muscle that was already hurting continued to hurt thru w/o PLUS the 2 or 3 muscles that had previously escaped toture this week were found by Cathe......dang her. The floor segment about sent me over the friggin edge and to top all that off I must have been zoning out because I put on my ankle weights in the beginning of standing w/o... when cathe got on floor and said OK get out your ankle wts... I said Well SH*T..............The abs section was the best I think Cathe has ever produced and the stretch is even more relaxing and thotough than SM or TBS.... If I could only keep 1 cathe lower body THIS IS IT! (but I aint given my collection up!) As much as I truely was in constant "cramp" mode the time flew by (until floor work)..
This is a PERFECT companion to P90 Legs & Plyometrics..... My world is balanced aahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Buffy: Enjoy your first day!!!! Way cool DH is into it as well...I can only hope....

Teddygirl: COOL WORKOUT you pumped out today! Thanks for helping your fellow Americans out at the polls tomorrow! Enjoy your new goodie! Glad it arrived safely.

Claude: PAINTER CHICK.... I would have bagged RS after a weekend of painting....You GO GIRL

Jennifer: re: program changes....doesnt take much to muddy the waters of my mind these days...

Sandra: No BUGS NO BUGS NO BUGS Whatever you have your symptons sound serious and contagous....HEAD STRAIGHT TO DR!!!! Lost over a pound after a mom visit....YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!! Do you walk on water too???? Amy explained slider thing so let me just add that my friends who are lifers 5-8 years now said 5 years ago things like veggie juice and applesause (unsweetened) were "free" foods... not any more. Just little stuff like that ... mainly I think increased pts came when flex was added but not sure. ANYWAY... MY GOAL is to be AT GOAL by mid December anyway so then I'm switching to CORE for maintenance I think.

I have been waiting for hour’s missy to hear your review, WOW WE is alls I can say. Nice work, and yes do rest, if you can x( :)

I can’t wait to do this workout I mean, let me put it this way…..I CAN’T WAIT :p :9 :+

Oh may guess what UPS just put in my hands...Gotta go :p

Teddygirl

Body Max2 :9 :9 :eek: }( :p thank goodness,

Strange tho, they claim this was being delivered to my apartment. Hm....Maybe another goodie huh!

Teddygirl~

WooHoo Teddygirl!!!! Go pop that sucker in the player and GET MOVING...shoot you've only done 3 workouts today GET THE LEAD OUT! BM2 is calling your name!:+ }( :+ }(

>Hi gang-
>just finished Butts & Gutts as produced.... ok I officially am
>ready to start my REST day (which is tomorrow) My legs, glutes
>and everything else below the waist are on fire... I was
>already major sore from P90 Week 1 but this was CRAZY! Every
>muscle that was already hurting continued to hurt thru w/o
>PLUS the 2 or 3 muscles that had previously escaped toture
>this week were found by Cathe......dang her. The floor segment
>about sent me over the friggin edge and to top all that off I
>must have been zoning out because I put on my ankle weights in
>the beginning of standing w/o... when cathe got on floor and
>said OK get out your ankle wts... I said Well
>SH*T..............The abs section was the best I think Cathe
>has ever produced and the stretch is even more relaxing and
>thotough than SM or TBS.... If I could only keep 1 cathe lower
>body THIS IS IT! (but I aint given my collection up!) As much
>as I truely was in constant "cramp" mode the time flew by
>(until floor work)..
>This is a PERFECT companion to P90 Legs & Plyometrics..... My
>world is balanced aahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
>
>Buffy: Enjoy your first day!!!! Way cool DH is into it as
>well...I can only hope....
>
>Teddygirl: COOL WORKOUT you pumped out today! Thanks for
>helping your fellow Americans out at the polls tomorrow! Enjoy
>your new goodie! Glad it arrived safely.
>
>Claude: PAINTER CHICK.... I would have bagged RS after a
>weekend of painting....You GO GIRL
>
>Jennifer: re: program changes....doesnt take much to muddy the
>waters of my mind these days...
>
>Sandra: No BUGS NO BUGS NO BUGS Whatever you have your
>symptons sound serious and contagous....HEAD STRAIGHT TO
>DR!!!! Lost over a pound after a mom visit....YOU
>ROCK!!!!!!!!!! Do you walk on water too???? Amy explained
>slider thing so let me just add that my friends who are lifers
>5-8 years now said 5 years ago things like veggie juice and
>applesause (unsweetened) were "free" foods... not any more.
>Just little stuff like that ... mainly I think increased pts
>came when flex was added but not sure. ANYWAY... MY GOAL is to
>be AT GOAL by mid December anyway so then I'm switching to
>CORE for maintenance I think.
>
>
Traci, I'm glad you enjoyed B&G. I'm really hurting today from yesterday's B&G. My abs are sore too and I have Ab Ripper on the schedule for this evening. Yikes! I think I'll do cardio coach #1 or #2 tonite also. I miss Coach Sean. BTW, how tough is Plyometrics? That's on schedule for tomorrow morning. I'm nervous;).

Buffy

Hi, everyone!!

Traci and Jane - thanks so much for posting the great recipes. I've saved down both of them.

Sandra - kudos on the weightloss!!! Yayy!!!!

Claude - great stuff on the workout!! You rock!!

Traci, ditto, great workout today!!

I did PUB (love it, love it, love it) followed by 30 minute TM interval program, which is something I haven't been able to handle in a long time. I feel so much stronger than 45 days ago... I am having some good fatloss even though the pounds haven't budged these past 3 weeks. Just got to get this eating thing on the right track... I know I've tended to eat too little during the week followed by way too much on Sundays...

Anyway, very happy about my workout today. Managed to match Cathe on all but the top end of chest fly, tricep extension and bicep... substituted Supermans and Plan for the Pike crunches on the ball... and the TM left me dripping. 90 minute workout - just right.

Have a great afternoon, everyone! Here's to a wonderful Monday -
Cheryl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.