Weight Watchers FRIDAY 12th!

teddy16410

Cathlete
Happy Friday to all! Up early today - excited about going to Bay for first time in almost 2 months! Need an anti civilization fix big time! Had last minute dinner out last night and went to Mexican... if it werent for those chips & salsa I'd be such a good girl! lol
Scale is forgiving today as I am neither up nor down. Will try to flush all the salt out today w/ lots of water & hot tea so Sundays WI when I get home shows improvement!

Today is KENPO X.. Looking forward to a good sweatfest!

CLAUDE: Thanks again for update on Gram. I am so sorry that you & family are going thru this. Doesnt really matter in the moment how full a life someone has lived...its hard no matter what. Take good care of yourself & each other. I imagine you are surrounded & supported by a ton of friends right now as you seem to give so much to so many all the time. I hope you allow people to help you in any & all ways. You are a giver BIG TIME its time for you to let your friends give to you for awhile. Prayers continuing........

TeddyGirl: Hope you are at home in bed so that means you cant read personals this weekend!

Amy: You continue to make me smile about the oatmeal texture... Seems to be a big issue for you! My mom is the same way about some foods! She has never once put applesauce into her mouth because of a perceived "texture"...lololol. I cant eat anything with nuts because I had a dream as a kid that I bit into something "with nuts" & it was really cock roaches!!!!!!!! YUCK!!!!!!! To this day I gotta have nuts ala carte! GREAT GOAL girl! We are here to support you 1000%! Just let us know what ya need!

LORI: Hope you gets lots of work done on your latest projects! Soon you'll be taking orders for scarves, shawls, & SOCKS!

JANE: Hows the knee today? Have a great weekend and I hope you are nursing it a bit! Hard to do isnt it?

CHERYL: I meant to tell you for so long... I took your thoughts on eating in the am before attempting to workout - because of hormones... totally new concept for me! I must say that I no longer feel zapped out after my workouts. At first I thought it was because I am now doing recovery drinks but actually based on the calendar its since I stopped working out in am on empty stomach. Thanks so much for sharing that tip! I also find I recover faster since I started! As far as Egg White/Zip Lock baggie.... YEP IT worked like a champ! BEAUTIFUL Omelet!.... As I wayched the baggie "shrivel" with the heat I must admit I started wondering if any "chemicals" from the baggie get into food... TRUST ME I eat so much stuff thats not pure & clean I dont know why I wonder/care... its weird tho... cant stop thinking about that! Just my latest obsession!

Anyway..... I'll stop in at least 1 more time before heading to bay for weekend... its been a long time since I've missed communications with you fine people so I think that will be hard for me. We'll have a great time & I'll take a walk on the beach & stick a toes in the waves for each of you. ;-)

Good morning WWer's!

Claude {{{HUGS}}}} to you and your family. I agree with Traci... it is hard no matter how long or full the life was. I feel for you and your family {{{HUGS}}}}

Traci - my knee is a little sore today after no pain or anything yesterday. Last night it did start feeling sore to the touch. Wierd! No impact yesterday. I'm going to attempt a run this afternoon being very aware of every little twinge though.

Have a wonderful time at the bay!

Hello to everyone else!

Happy Friday,

Today, I look and feel so much better :D :D When I got home from work yesterday around 5:00. I was in the bed by 5:15, I wasn't playing around x( x( I got up a few times to eat and made me some Kettle Corn popcorn. Man oh man, do I love this stuff:p Then I took some meds, altho, I did go easy on the meds b/c I "thought" I'd be strong enough to workout this morning but NO could do.

I been thinking about my workout for the remaining of the month. I’ve decided to do my own thing, it really bothers me when I can not finish what I started, you guys know exactly what I mean. Anywho, tomorrow I’m going to start with Scrambled Eggs. I have to build my endurance up, so I figured that’d be the perfect workout too start with.

Tracie, your starting on the 10th week of P90X, wow time does flyx( what has been your overall result? And why have you decided to do another P90 rotation?

Teddygirl

TeddyGirl: You bounce back so quickly! Good for you girl... lol at easing back in & Scrambled Eggs all in same thought! Your endurance is really incredible!
I LOVE my results w/ P90X... Thru Week 8 (we take stats every 4 weeks) Scale down 4#s, BF% down 5%, 7" overall lost.... YEAH IT ROCKS! I am doing the Master Series rotation next because the strength training format suits my body and I havent quite figured out how to use Cathe's weight training (except SH) but make it this other format. I'll be doing Cathe cardio but nowhere near the duaration & intensity prior to P90X. I have learned that my body just doesnt respond to all that cardio. My leg work is very cardio-ish and provides plenty for the week with just 1 day extra of something. We gotta do what works right?
Have a terrific weekend and I'm thrilled you are feeling back ON!

Gooooood Mooooorning, everyone, and TGIF!!!

Wanted to check in fast before Traci leaves for the bay. Hurray, Traci, that sounds like so much fun! Wow, if you ate chips and salsa yesterday and this morning's weight shows the SAME you probably have actually lost some, and I would be very surprised if it didn't show up when you have your Sunday WI. Woo hoo!

Teddygirl, so glad you're feeling back in the pink. Sounds like you have your usual zest back again, and that's the best news of all. Good luck with that Scrambled Eggs! It's a toughie!

Jane, glad you're doing well this morning.

Claude, my heart goes out to you right now. It sounds like the things that are happening are meant to be, but it's still so hard, I'm sure.

This morning is Step Blast on the Cathe rotation. Fun! My hamstrings are hurting from Thursday's speed intervals - a little odd - I think I've let my running really fall back lately, and am going to have to strengthen that back up or pay the price - aagh.

Well, on to Cathe - and I hope all of you have a wonderful day!

Cheryl

Tracie, I haven’t bounced back 100% I’ve to work up to that, I pray by tomorrow that I "can" at "LEAST" start Scrambled Eggs, I don’t think that I’ll be able to finish all of it, maybe I will. But, I’m sure there’s going to be a lot of stopping and starting, and I don’t care about that. I'm more concern about building my endurance up right now. Tonight, will be another get all the REST you can this time without the meds.

As far as Beach Body, I have got to check out the Master Series, is that a new series? I have heard people say that you’ll get better results from strength training w/ minimum cardio, but for me in my tiny tiny brain I can’t do without cardio, lots of it. That’s why I cant stick with BB rotation, I do admire you, it really shows focus and determination. Maybe one day, I’ll grow up and I will be able to complete a P90X rotation, but until then I'm going to do what I do best, mix&match ;-) ;-) I have decided from this point on I’ll be adding more of BB workouts into my daily workouts.

Teddygirl~

Good Morning everyone....thinking about you Amy, hope your WI was good last night.

Claude, I am glad you checked in about your Grandma. My thoughts have been with you.

Traci, you live in Houston. Where do you go to the bay?? Bay makes me think of CA, and for some reason, I don't think that is where you are going??

TeddyGirl- I hope you are 100% tomorrow. Good luck with Scrambled Eggs. That is quite a workout to start with!!

Jane, hope the knee is good today.

Cheryl, your long workouts inspire me.

Today I am just going to hang out and get some cleaning done. Tomorrow my husband's grandchildren are coming and we are going to go to that museum movie. It is nice they are getting older, and we can go to the good movies, even though I do like some of the kiddie movies! Next weekend is our Premier Rally. I will be leaving Friday morning, and will not be home until late Sat. night.

Talk to you later!!!!
Lori

Back again! DH called & said its going to be closer to 1pm before we can get on the road... At least I got the workout & laundry already done!

Cheryl: Keeping fingers crossed on weight too! Be sure and stretch those hammys today... With your intense workouts I would think you'd always have some body part a bit sore/stiff! Enjoy StepBlast... keeps me singing little tunes all day long.

Lori: LOL I know what ya mean by thinking CA...ya know I am a CA girl even after 15 years in Texas. "The Bay" is Matagorda Bay- connects to the Gulf. We have our place on one of the canals .... about 1/2 mile boat ride to the gulf and 1 mile to bay. DH is an Offshore guy but I get claustrophobic in the boat out there so I stay in the bay to fish. This weekend is for Duck Hunting tho... theres a ton of places to hunt out in the bay. I'll be hanging out at the beach and on the deck- I dont shoot daffy! Your weekend sounds like a blast! I love Museums.... Your trip probably has you really excited as well... Hope they get you guys some awesome new stuff! I love the Premier Line.

TEDDY: Your plan sounds perfect for you.... Just dont over do and continue to rest a bit this weekend!

AMY: Are you sleeping in today because its a work night?? Hope that goes well!

Back in a bit!!

Traci, will you have computer access from the Bay? If not, we'll go through withdrawels wondering how you're doing!!! {{{{hugs}}}

Step Blast was a bugger! I can tell I'm still feeling my cold. Had to pause and run to the bathroom TWICE, my heartrate is way up there, and now I'm sitting here dripping in sweat. Glad I did it, but I'm sure feeling it today. I don't think I want to run outside tomorrow.

Oh well. Have a great afternoon, everyone! TGIF!

Cheryl

Weigh in was 128. YAHOO!!!! The effort was worth it. Now to stay clean for the weekend to not lose this progress....

Life is good!

TGIF!

Cheryl

Cheryl: ^^^^^^^^^^^^5!!!! You are my inspiration to stay clean this weekend!

Going to say bye bye until Sunday evening gang... House rules- no computers at bay house....keeps us focused on relaxing and being outdoors!
Have a fabulous weekend everyone and take care of yourselves. I'll catch up on Sunday nite.
xxoo :7

Knock knock... Can I still join in??

I'm sorry for dropping off the face of the planet--life has just been quite a handful these days! Between fighting the cold from hell (which I've been doing for almost 3 weeks now), food poisoning, traveling, and things never really slowing down at work, I really didn't have the time to say hello, although I have been keeping up with the thread and reading what's been going on with you ladies :).

I got my pre-ordered "Clean Eating" book yesterday (the Tosca Reno one that I think Amy had reccomended?), am very excited! It looks great with all of the pictures of yummy looking food. I can't wait to dig in and start reading it.

I've still been following the program for the most part, although keeping more of an eye towards getting the right # of servings for the key food groups. I don't beat myself up if I go over the points, although I've tried to be more disciplined about it lately because I haven't been able to work out at all with my various colds (I think my body might have been trying to tell me something by getting sick so often!). I did lose weight (am about 127/128), so that's good, I guess, but this wasn't the way I wanted to lose the weight LOL. In fact, I think those pounds I lost may have been muscle mass, which I worked so hard to get :(.

I'm quite anxious to get back into working out (it's been more than 2 weeks), but I just don't have much energy yet. The tough part is, part of my low energy is due to not working out! So it's sort of a self-perpetuating cycle that I'll have to break at some point.

I'm still waiting for the really bad symptoms to go away. It just two days ago that I FINALLY was able to get through a whole day without a fever, so I think I'm turning a corner. I still have a nasty cough, though, and am having a hard time breathing when I exert myself, so if I do work out, it'll probably be something fairly low-key (elliptical or walking), and not for very long. Aerobically, I'm not back to 100%, which is quite frustrating.

Anyway... too much babbling from me. Just wanted to check in :).

Jennifer

Hi, Jennifer -

Welcome, and of course you can join in! Sounds like you are right about where both Traci and I are right now weightwise. Sorry you had to get there the hard way!!

Yes, the Tosca Reno book is looking fabulous. I love all the glossy pictures.

I look forward to "talking" - welcome to the gang!

Cheryl

JENNIFER!!!!

Welcome back, girl!! We've been wondering how you are! I am sorry to hear that you've been battling illness! I hope that recovering continues!!!

Traci- I hope that you weekend at the bay is a quiet one! I am sorry that I missed you before you left!

I received my Eat Clean book today as well and can't wait to finished reading it. From first glance, it looks like they did a really nice job with it! I love all the pictures and graphics. It makes it easier to look at and not so "stale", you know?

I will have to add egg whites to my shopping list. I am able to get them by the carton at WalMart, which is nice. I have a little too much of my mom in me to buy cartons of eggs just for the egg whites! I can't wait to try the ziploc baggie omelets and some of the other recipes!!

Tonight was GS Back, shoulder and biceps. I was so excited that I am *still* able to do #15 bicep curls! I was hoping that it just wasn't a fluke last week! I told DH last week after PLB that I needed the barbell set now because I have pretty much maxed out on what I can lift with my dumbbells. I think that I will be looking at them seriously now.

I will "see" you all later!

Claude- More HUGS coming at you!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.