Weight Watchers CheckIn Tuesday 8/15

teddy16410

Cathlete
Happy Tuesday All!
Yesterday was an awesome workout day!
Premix: Legs & Glutes Leg Press Mania 50 min (I HIGHLY RECOMMEND!)
Premix: SJP/SB Step & Weights 80 min (A KILLER circuit & Interval & Step all wrapped into one!)
Ate: TP 20 + 6 of APs.... I was supposed to eat all APS + Some Flex but since my eating is pretty clean right now thats really hard to do!

Today is lite cardio and hopefully 26 points will get consumed
SJP Hi/Lo Add On (20) + Muscle Max Upper + Muscle Max Abs

Amy - Just let go of those dollar bills flying into Cathe-land.... Will be so worth it I promise!

Have a great day- I'll check back later.
:D

Good morning, Traci and all that follow.

Well, I made a quick realization over the weekend. I am not ready for Core quite yet. I do believe that it's a great plan, but I'm not controled in my portion sizes yet nor stopping when I'm full. So, I've decided to stay with Flex until I am in control. I was going strong, but had some major set backs over the weeked on top of a very stressful day at work and fell way off the wagon. BUT, I'm back on and holding the reigns TIGHT!!!!!

I so desparately need to lose weight for my attitude, energy and self confidence, but maybe I'm slightly scared, too. Who knows?!?! But, I am ready to find out what it feels like to be in shape.

I am hoping to get some 'good' groceries today - throw out the junk and feel confident that there is no 'bad' things in the house for temptation.

I hope the rest of you are having a great morning, and I'll be back later to check in on you ;-)

I have not had a chance to figure out what I have on the menu for today, but only WW friendly items for sure ;-) :) ;-) :)

Traci - AWESOME workout, girl. Holy Cow, I bet you felt awesome yesterday after that kind of sweat! GREAT JOB!!!

Take care,
Marcia.

Marcia-
I'm so glad you found out that CORE wasnt your best plan of action so quickly! Give yourself credit for that. Ya know what I started core 2 months ago because I was eating pretty much 'clean' and as soon as I did I started craving processed foods again... absolutely was my control issues coming back to haunt me.... I had to get off core because I was self destructing quickly! I learned that I must have choices and that I will generally make the best choices for myself - take away my choices of eating what I want (in my mind) and
boom I go crazy!
Based on your exercise/calorie burn are you eating enough points? Nothing will stall wt loss quicker than too few points... I have found that after 2 or 3 days of exercise and only target points my body starts to hang on to everything because it just wants some dang fuel!
We're all here for you.... Celebrate all your successes so far!

Thanks Traci, good point about not enough food. When I have days of really working out hard, I have a tendancy to not eat much because I'm not hungry. You are 100% right, I need to eat more on those days so my body doesn't hold on to it, because boy that is not what I'm going for. :)

Thanks for reminding me of that. I will remember that after my workout today.

Have a wonderful day!
Marcia.

Good Morning!!!

Marcia, that's great that you realized quickly that the core program wasn't for you. I believe the core program isn't for me for the exact same reason as you: portions! Sometimes you can really eat too much of a good, healthy food, such as whole wheat pasta and whole wheat rice. I love rice and I know, if I didn't calculate points, I would probably have a triple portion on my plate. That's why I find the points are great, and I don't find it hard or annoying to calculate!

Thanks Traci for the compliment, hehe. I got the KPC DVD today!!! Yay!! I'll probably be doing it tomorrow!!! Can't wait! I hope you don't mind me asking you this, but on average, how long do you workout? Because your above WO looks over 2 hours! That's amazing!! Do you do it all at once, or seperate the WO? Hope you don't mind the questions!

Thanks Amy, I'm glad you and your DH liked it! I really hope my bf can download the DVD we got, it's 10 minutes long, but so much cooler than the link I gave. There are a few more little interviews (waiting for the plane and on the plane), it shows me actually jumping :) and 4 other people who were b4 us, and it shows the parachute opening for my bf, which is totally cool because when the parachute opens, it propels your entire body!! Fun to watch and do !!! :) If he is able to download that, I'll post it again.

Marie, also glad you enjoyed it! And it has been smtg we both always wanted to do. I really thought at one point I would chicken out, because everyone told me that I wouldn't jump, blah blah blah. But I ignored their negativity and just believed in myself and told myself I wasn't going to miss out on this opportunity! And now, I can't wait to do it again :) :) !!!

I am hoping to fit BC before I go to school today, but I'm not feeling well today! I have no idea why, so I think I might start BC, but if I feel sick during it, I'll stop, and go for a light walk after my classes!

Keep up the great work everyone!!! :)

Corinne :)

Hey everyone -
Haven't had the chance to check in while my company has been here. But I've been getting in my workouts and overall, eating pretty good.

My SIL and niece think I'm crazy for working out so much. They both admit that I look great, but just think it's nuts to get up early "just to workout?!?". They're both overweight, my niece is very heavy and their idea of eating healthy is skipping meals. Oh well, I just smile and keep doing what I'm doing. Hopefully it will eventually catch on. They both had spinach omelettes with me this morning so maybe it's starting to sink in.

Today was ME. I also plan on a walk, but it was pouring rain when I finished ME so I'll get my walk in later. Eating plan for the day - breakfast was my usual; lunch not too sure - I have a funeral (friend's FIL) and they have a luncheon after. But my friend is a WW leader so I'm sure we'll find some healthy choices. Dinner is grilled chicken with fresh veggies.

I'm so excited. My DD is signing up for some dance classes and although the studio is 30 min away, the owner/teacher is phenomenal. They also offer some adult dance and cardio classes so I'm going to try to get a class at the same time as DD so I don't have to sit around waiting for her. We went to their open house last night and we were both blown away by him. He has 15 teachers under him, but DD wants to take a class with HIM. I can't blame her. He performs internationally and he's awesome.

Marcia - good for you for learning that core wasn't right. Everyday we learn something new about the way our bodies respond to food and exercise. If we can take that info and use it to help ourselves, then we're doing great.

Traci - what a killer workout yesterday!!

Conni - I just watched the clip! Awesome!! And you look fantastic. The two of you are so cute together! WOW!!!

Happy Tuesday Everyone!

"Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." Satchel Paige

Marcia - hang in there! I had a bad day yesterday - feeling like I wanted to eat everything. We had Cousins for dinner which isn't as point friendly as Subway but I was starving. I amhoping it was my body telling me it needed more food than I had been giving it.

Tomorrow is WI so I will find out.

I did the Lean Muscle Workout this morning.

traci - what an incredible workout yesterday! Are you sure that was only 6 APs?

{{{Thanks Traci for the compliment, hehe. I got the KPC DVD today!!! Yay!! I'll probably be doing it tomorrow!!! Can't wait! I hope you don't mind me asking you this, but on average, how long do you workout? Because your above WO looks over 2 hours! That's amazing!! Do you do it all at once, or seperate the WO? Hope you don't mind the questions!}}}

KPC YEAH!!! Killer Premixes too!!!!
In past years I have always worked out 30-60 min day 4-5 days a week. What I found is that my body changed so dramaticlly at 40 (now almost 44) that I had to re-think all I was doing.
For the past 4 weeks I have been consistent w/ the following (and finally seeing results!)
Day 1: Long Circuit (60-90 minutes)
Day 2: Short SSC/Kick/Spin (about 45 min) + Lower Body (20-40)
Day 3: Long Circuit (60-90)
Day 4: Short Interval (30-45) + Upper Body (20-40)
Day 5: Long SSC/Kick/Spin (60-90)
Day 6: Short Interval (30-45) + Lower (20-40)
Day 7: RECOVER & CELEBRATE SUCCESSFUL WEEK
So about 80-90 minutes a day I guess.... I split the time between the cardio & weights so I never feel like I put in that much time.
Also: Because I do 2 Lower workouts a week I take it easy on legs in the circuits... sometimes I just use the time to do more upper stuff or I just climb the step for a few minutes and treat it as cardio recovery.
I cant do LONG Intervals because of my knees so for me splitting any of the max'es is PLENTY in one session.
I love Long Circuits because the time flys due to the constant change of pace.
Thanks for asking

{{I did the Lean Muscle Workout this morning.

traci - what an incredible workout yesterday! Are you sure that was only 6 APs?}}

Marie:
What is the Lean Muscle Workout... sounds interesting... I'm always looking for new strength things to do.
My APs were actually 10 for the day but I could only fit in 6 in my day! I'm hooked on that Feta/Cranberry salad and even adding fish to it I can only get a 4 pointer out of it lolololol....

Claude-
Glad to see you back! missed you. I too have family members overweight (150#s plus) and I get their "advise" all the time although they arent working on themselves.... Family love.....
Dance classes sound like a blast! What great fun...
So sorry about your FIL... {{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}

Hi to all WW'ers!!!

Yesterday was pretty good eating wise. I only ate 20 pts. but I was not able to get motivated the get my workout in last nite. Too exhausted from not sleeping the nite before.

This morning I did Cathe's CW. I'm not sure where I got the idea that this one wasn't tough. I was really huffing and puffing. I think I thought it was easier because there isn't a whole lot of lower body work (except for the step). Anyway, I burned 400 calories and I was starving by the time I ate my breakfast.

I'm planning on eating my 20 pts. plus the 4 AP's I earned this morning.

Traci - I really like your workout plan. I'm also trying to add more circuit training into my plan.

Have a great day to all.

Buffy

Hi, :)

Tonight’s workout: hm let’s see. I am going to do either Kick Max or Legs & Glutes.

Meal 1
1 c cheerios 2 pts
1 c ff milk 2 pts
1 egg white 0 pts

Meal 2
cucumbers, tomatoes, hot peppers salad w/ff Italian dressing 1 pt
2 slice of light whole bread 1 pts
2 slice of deli ham 6 pts (is this right)
sm apple 2 pts

Meal 3
broccoli 0 pts
½ chicken breast 3 pts

After workout

whey protein w/water 2pts

Teddygirl~

Traci - The Lean Muscle Workout is a high rep workout. You can see it at www.fitnessorganica.com and they should have a clip of it.

Teddygirl - I don't think that 2 slices of deli ham would be 6 points. In the supermarket companion for Deli Ham it varies from 1 to 2 points for 2 or 3 ounces. When I buy those Buddig lunch meats they are 2.5 ozs (I think) and that is quite a bit of lunch meat. You might weigh a slice to get an idea of weight per slice.

Hey, all! It sounds like everyone is hanging in there for a Tuesday! Yesterday was a total bomb!!x( We'll just leave it at that, okay?

(deep breath) Today is a new day and DH and I just realized that we are leaving Monday morning (after I get off work) for Chicago! Ooh, how time flies! That means that we have CleanMax, LaundryMax and Lawn Max to do before I go back to work Friday night!

I have either a run or C&W this afternoon, depending on the weather. I will probably end up doing C&W then LawnMax (since I'll already be sweaty, right?)

BBL!

Marie1120, Thank you :)

I didn't think it was but I looked in my WW book (3 yrs old) and it said 1 slice of ham 3 points I almost @!$$ in pants:p :D :9. So, I went ahead and counted as a 6 pointer. I will burn it off tonight.

Teddygirl~

Teddygirl- I looked my newer WW book and 2 oz regular ham was 3 pts and 2 oz lean ham was 2 pts. HTH

Marie- I currently don't live in Chicago, but used to. I went to collage there and then was stationed at Great Lakes for 3 years. My parents live in a western suburb and my in-laws live in NW Indiana. Where is Greenfield? I used to go to Kenosha all the time with friends.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.