Weight Watchers Checkin - Mon. 10/9

Did ok yesterday at the Octoberfest. I found someone selling veggie quesadilla and I had one beer. I used 5 flexies. After the weekend I still have 16 flexies left. That's unusual for me.

I woke up this morning with a stiff neck and upper back. I'm not sure if this was from KPC or what. I'm trying to decide what workout to do today. I'm thinking I'll wait until later and maybe do a run and then yoga and stretchmax.

My office is closed today, but I'm going to go in for maybe 1/2 a day to see if I can solve a problem that's been dogging me. I'll work out after that.

Do any of you fellow WW'ers have any lunch ideas? I usually bring in a frozen dinner type thing to the office but I know that's not the best idea. I really don't like salads for lunch but I'm thinking with this cooler weather, I should make a big pot of soup. I love soup.

Have a great day!!!

Buffy

Good morning to Buffy and all that follow! :)

Buffy - GREAT JOB at Octoberfest. You did a wonderful job! :)
I think Stretch Max & Yoga sound like a wonderful idea.

As for lunch ideas... I tend to be a sandwich person so I have been eating many of those. I always have them on whole wheat bread or a 1 pt bagel. Instead of chips I have baby carrots and usually a pear or an apple. It keeps me full and I get a fruit and a veggie in.

I also like soups. I found what looks like a pretty easy black bean soup on the WW site that I hope to make this week. I'll let you know how that is.

Did well at the b-day party yesterday and the diet soda cake was a hit. For those that have not seen it, basically you use your standard cake mix (Betty Crocker Supermoist is suggest) and make as normal except instead of eggs and oil you use 10-12oz of any diet soda. I made a lemon cake with diet 7-up. Then to frost I mixed SF/FF chocolate pudding and FF cool whip. It was a hit even with those not on WW.

Today's workout will be a sculpt, not sure what yet (Cathe or FIRM).

Best get to working... it is definitely Monday!

:)

Good morning,

Buffy - yes, soup is a great lunch idea. I really like the WW 0-point vegetable soup. Do you make that? Soup and a sandwich is a solid lunch. Or, lunch meat rolled up in a whole wheat tortilla is tasty, too. You did great at Oktoberfest yesterday! I'm amazed any kind of vegetable got sold there!

I'm currently fueling up with a cup of coffee, then I plan to do a 30 minute run this morning, followed possibly by one Gym Style upper body segment, and definitely by a CoreMax. I'm still waiting for the DOMS to show up from my swim on Saturday morning, but it doesn't seem to be happening.

Thanksgiving dinner yesterday was delicious. I didn't eat much during the day, and with all the AP I earned in the morning as well as having 10 flex points remaining from the week, I figured I was set to eat what I wanted to. So, I had a great meal. I didn't bother trying to keep track of points. I'm sure that if I went over, it wasn't by too much.

Have a great day,
Sandra

Morning everyone -
Didn't have time to checkin yesterday but I did GS Legs. I had hoped to get in a 30 min run, but that wasn't in the cards. Had dinner at my FIL - lasagna plus homemade bread - not good for the waistline, but it sure tasted great!! It was just one meal and I'm not even feeling guilty about it.

Today is a rest day - my nieces were dropped off early this am for DD to watch and I knew they would wreck havoc with the schedule so I figured, make it a rest day and enjoy the little bit of time I had with the girls.

Sandra - great job on the swim plus yesterday's workout! Glad you enjoyed your Thanksgiving dinner!

Kirsten - I love that cake recipe. I've heard you can make it with a can of seltzer water too. Have you ever tried the Cinnamin Swirl cake mix - it's AWESOME.

Nancy - congrats of the .6 lbs - that's .6 closer to goal!!!

Buffy - good job at the Oktoberfest! RE -lunches - I'm a salad person, but I do enjoy warm lunches when the weather gets cooler. Soup is a great filling lunch but I always want bread or crackers with it. My WW leader has a one pt chili. I'll see if I can get the recipe.

Amy - glad you enjoyed your run. It's always so great to see how much progress you've made.

Busy busy day at work plus I've got an evening meeting so I probably won't make it back, but have a great day everyone!!

Claude

"Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." Satchel Paige

Good Morning!

Kirsten- I also like that recipe ( I posted my favorite ideas for it on yesterday's thread), especially the SF cool whip! I have a thing for cool whip, always have (I could literally eat the entire tub!!)

Most of my personals got posted on yesterday's thread. Buffy, congratulations on Oktoberfest!!! Soup is always a good idea. I like to grill some turkey breast several days in advance and take that with some veggies for lunch.

Today is a rest day for me, but if I feel inspired, I may do Stretch Max. We'll see.

I actually have the house to myself this morning! It's beautiful thing! DH is at jury duty, for who knows how long.

Claude- that dinner sounds lovely!! I love a good lasagna!

Hi ladies!!

I sort of threw points out of the window yesterday since I had my half and definitely "refueled" afterwards LOL. I decided to start my WW week all over again today. I need to start fresh and track points. I always get thrown off when I don't track properly for a day or two--then I don't know how many flexies I have.

I shouldn't have weighed myself this morning, but of course curiousity got the better of me and I did. I definitely gained a little *sigh*. Am at 131 (this was first thing in the morning after having gone to the bathroom, but before having eaten), and I'm normally at 128 or 129. Pooh. I know, I know, it's just a number. And I know, I can't be worried about restricting my diet because I need to fuel.

But let me just say: any kind of weigh gain sucks. Grr.

Ok, I'll stop whining now LOL.

Jennifer

Hey Guys!

I just finished the Low Impact Step and I did W/O #2 and #3 on the Body fusion which gives me 50 minutes of cardio and yes, I still have to do the U/B workout, just putting it off,,,,;)

I went with the family to Oak Island, NC, this weekend. I have the pictures posted if you would like to check them out. I got on the scale and it says no change, which is amazing since I ate fried seafood on Saturday night,,,,oops

But we got a lot of exercise this weekend, keeping up with the boys. So I'm drinking LOTS of water and hopefully, I'll lose a lb between now and tomorrow night, hey, one can hope,,,LOL

Well, have a good day.

--Karen

Back again,

It's a holiday here, so I was able to have a good morning workout while DH watched the children. I love days that he's home. I did the 30 min run (fantastic fall morning out there), added on 3 sprints and 60 walking lunges at the end, then did BootCamp Core premix, and a 22 min Namaste yoga. All in all, a very enjoyable morning.

I figured out why I had so much good energy the last few days - pms. I got my period this morning, and find that in the days leading up to it, I have much more strength and endurance than I usually do. By tomorrow I should feel like a deflated balloon.

Kirsten - the cake sounds really yummy. I'm taking notes.

Claude - lasagna and home made garlic bread----oh my!!!! I'm a bit like Garfield when it comes to lasagna. }( }( }( How are your legs feeling after GS Legs?

Amy - what's not to love about Cool Whip? It goes great on everything - pie....cake....toes (oops, said too much!).

Jennifer - is it plausible that you're carrying extra water weight due to the half-a-thon? I imagine you've been drinking tons of water to stay properly hydrated. It's hard to imagine that you can do that much running and still gain weight, unless you're binging on ice cream brownies every night. HIGH FIVE on completing the run!!! Are you happy with your time? How did it feel?

Karen - you were missed! I'm glad you had such a nice holiday. I gather from the sweaters that it must have been chilly, but then you have pics of the kids swimming! I know kids will take cold water as a personal challenge - how long did they stay in the water? Your boys look scrumptious. How old are they? And I take it the handsome man in the orange sweater is Jane's brother? You both look very happy together. And if you were on holiday and didn't *gain* anything, than that is a victory in itself. Good work!!!

Well, time to go, ah, do something productive I guess. Maybe go to Tim Horton's and get some fresh coffee for me and the DH. Now if that's not living up to a Canadian stereotype, then I don't know what is, eh?

Have a great day,
Sandra

Happy Thanksgiving, Sandra!! And I know there was another Canuck on this thread, but I can't remember--Happy Thanksgiving to you too :).

Not sure if the weight gain is from drinking extra water, although that's definitely possible LOL. I also ate a lot of carbs yesterday to fuel the run, so that could be the culprit too. I read in Fitness last month that eating high-fiber foods can make you bloated and make you heavier on the scale, but it's not that you've gained body fat, only that you've got a lot in your stomach and it takes a while to digest.

In any case, I'm going to just ignore the numbers and try and focus on eating healthy. I can't skimp right now--I've got another one of these things in two weeks!

I AM happy with my time :). I beat my time by another 27 min!! I came in at 2:47 :). I finally beat 3 hours, which I am THRILLED with. I'm not expecting to beat that in two weeks since that course will be hilly and I imagine I will be walking all of those hills (or at the very least, running them very slowly). But you never know :). I wasn't expecting to do really well with this one and ended up surprising myself!

Jennifer

Thanks Sandra. Yes, that handsome looking guy is Jane's brother and my hubby!! He is as wonderful as Jane is!! And they are both exercise nuts!! Maybe one day they will convert me :) Well, I guess, I am on my way!!

The boys are Andrew, 12 years old, Mark, 10 years old and Zachary is 7 years old.

Oh, as far as the weather, yes it did look cold, we had coats on in the morning; however, by afternoon it had warmed up to over 70 and the water was still very warm! So the boys weren't cold at all in the water. The wind was blowing a little so when they got out, they experienced a little chill but they thought it was well worth it!!!

And, yes, I'm glad I didn't gain, that is a VICTORY!

Well, go get some coffee, and I'm off to cleaning and washing clothes left from the trip.

--Karen

Welcome back, Karen. It looked like a super fun trip!!! DH and I LOVE lighthouses!!! The boys are adorable!

Jennifer- I remain in awe of you and your running!! I am psyched that I increased my distance from 3 miles (last May) to just over 4.5 now!!! I can't imagine going over 5!!!

DH is STILL gone! He has jury duty selection today and he finally got a break at 1630 to call and say that there was still no end in sight and they were still in the selection process. Not that I am supposed to know, but they are selecting for a murder trial (he snuck that out, shhhhhh!)

I found some soy chips that I love, so I snacked on them with some tune (chips are 1 pt per serving) while waiting for DH to come home.

Sandra- I think that you picked up where Traci left off with the mish moshing!! I did BC core last week after a run and my abs were killing me for 3 days!!! Way to go!!!

I hope that all the Canucks had a great Thanksgiving! I am eagerly awaiting ours!!!

Aww Amy, you are sweet :). I didn't run 13 miles overnight, so hang in there--you never know what you're capable of accomplishing!! Also, it helps A LOT that I do run/walk for any distance higher than 5 miles. Sometimes I'll even do run/walk for anything over 2 miles. It really does make a difference, and I'm able to run as fast as 6 miles/hour with run/walk (which I didn't know until yesterday LOL).

Jennifer

Late check in for me today :)

I did CTX Step and Intervals today and tomorrow it's back to the rec center for some running(our rec center has been closed for a week for routine maintenance).

Sandra(RE: Sundays post): Mmmmmm--I love pumpkin spice lattes with the gingerbread latte coming in a close second. And PUB; it's one of my all time favorite weight workouts.

Buffy: Soup would be a great lunch--filling and warm. I second the zero point veggie soup--I'll sometimes add rice and chicken to make it a meal and bit more filling.

Jennifer: congrats on finishing your half--anyone that can make it over 30 minutes running is my hero.;)

Amy: It's taken me over a year to get to where I can run 3 miles and I can only do that on a treadmill. I can't run outside to save my life(well, maybe to save my life, but it wouldn't be for very long)

Have a great evening(and morning since most of you will see this then),
Kim

Thanks, Kim :)

Am about to run another half in two weeks--yes, again (can you tell I'm addicted LOL?)! Provided I can keep healthy until then, and my knee (which I banged up pretty good in the shower yesterday--OUCH) heals properly.

*fingers crossed*

Jennifer

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.