Weight watchers CheckIn 8/17 Thursday

teddy16410

Cathlete
Happy Thursday all!
Yesterday: Changed w/o to VIPER Circuit... Felt it real good! 6 APs earned and I ate every one of them! Total Points for day: 27
Today: Goal is 20 Points (tomorrows weigh-In Day) and I have the following on the w/o schedule.
Imax 3 Intervals 1-3 (30 min)
Spin Class (40 min)
PLB Floor work only (13 min)
I also decided to do the weight part of Upper Body Bliss Rotation starting this weekend... keeping my regular cardio schedule. Have seen awesome posts about how great the results were.

Marie: Way to go on the drop in scale #s!!!! All victories scale & non scale are highly motivating to me!

Jenn: HCE is a toughie! You did it! 30 APs a week is great goal/accomplishment & remember that all those HIIT cardios actually help us burn more fat (so the findings are saying) so eat some clean flexies and you'll do great!

Amy: Sounds like you're really seeing results in the strength area! I think thats awesome.... nothing like getting those macho mens attention w/ your strength...

Have a good day all- BBL

Good Morning.

I'm so encouraged to check in here and see all the progress going on. Keep up the good work ladies!!!

Had a good day yesterday. I ate 20 pts. plus 3.4 out of the 4 AP's I earned.

On schedule today is KPC. Love that one. Going to stay at 20 pts. today since tomorrow is WI.

I'm feeling good about by ability to stay OP. I have a tendency to go off a diet if I feel it isn't working fast enough and try a new one. In my 20's and 30's I could easily take off lbs. but now in my 40's it just takes a bit more time and effort. I'm determined to stay OP until I lose the weight I want even if it takes me several months.

Have a great day!!!

Buffy

{{{{I have a tendency to go off a diet if I feel it isn't working fast enough and try a new one. In my 20's and 30's I could easily take off lbs. but now in my 40's it just takes a bit more time and effort. I'm determined to stay OP until I lose the weight I want even if it takes me several months.}}}

I'm so with ya Buffy!!!! I couldnt have said it any better myself... gotta say that this check in group is a HUGE part of why I am staying on track this time!

Good morning, girls:

I have the next four days off of work and am so excited to get my life back in order. My meeting didn't go too long at work, but it was still 3 hours past when I 'should've' been going home. UGH! But, here's my plan........

I'm going to REJOIN TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been on WW on and off for about 6 years and this summer has been crazier than ever and I could never get to a meeting. Since I've been doing this for so long I know my results are from not being true myself and not counting EVERYTHING that I need to, etc. I've been following the plan, but not going to meetings through the summer since time was such a factor. But, realized last night when I got home from my meeting that I NEED THE MEETINGS and the accountability. I love this checkin for that reason as well. So, I'm off in a hour to go and rejoin and freshen up my motivation.

I did good yesterday so I'm going in with a clear head and ready to roll. ;-)

Good luck to everyone and I'll be back later.

Marcia.

Thanks Traci, I do feel rather 'funny' going in for about the 15th time in the past 6 years x( . But, I guess, I need to say that at least I AM going back to get the help and support I need.

Thanks for boost! :)

Marcia.

Marcia,

Nothing like recommitment to start the day off right!!! You can do it and we are all here to support you (and each other).

Buffy

Thank you so much for the support, this truely is a wonderful checkin/board. :)

I already know I need some ideas from all of you wonderful people. I'm in a women's golf tourney on Saturday and was told to bring a snack for while we are on the course. Any ideas? I'm not sure how easy veggies and fruit would be so I'm just kind of stuck for ideas. Maybe just pretzels???

Thanks.
M.

Marcia- Good for you. I am the same way! I need the face-to-face accountability to stay true to myself (although I have gone to a meeting in a couple of weeks). Tonight is my meeting and I have to go because we are going to be out of town for a couple of weeks.

Traci- Yes, I am seeing huge changes in strength and tone because of Cathe, and it's only been 2 months since changing to primarily her. I love seeing the changes and having others notice the changes, but the scale is stuck! That's why I was pestering you so much!:7 When my latest shipment come in (makes it sound like a drug, doesn't it?:7) I plan to kick it up even more than I already have after we come back. My new Cathe is supposed to be here tomorrow!

Everyone else- I have actually not been having too much difficulty staying on track with points (except for this last Monday). I guess that doing this for so long you "get in a groove", and maybe that's been my problem, I've turned the groove into a rut! DH and I leave to visit family on Monday, so we will be gone for 12 days (or so) and both his parents and mine have dial-up internet (eeewwww!).
I usually don't worry about points and such while there, although this trip I am packing to work out while there. I plan to visit the small gym near the in-laws and see if they can do a 1 week thing (or 2-3 free visits). Tonight is Low Max, and am looking forward to it!

I found a place that sells thin waffle mats, as well, so the big, squooshy thick ones I bought Monday are going back. After getting the big ones home, I realized that 1" mats on carpet are a bad idea on the ankles! It's too thick!

I thinks that I am finished with the novel for this morning :7 ! I will check in later. I definitely will be taking a nap before Low Max, as I have been up for a couple hours in the middle of the night for the last 3 nights!

There's always the 100 cal packs. Carrots and celery are pretty portable. Apples are too (I cut them and add a squeeze of lemon or lime juice so they don't turn brown, it adds a nice "kick" of flavor, too).

I'm not sure how easy veggies and fruit would be so I'm just kind of stuck for ideas. Maybe just pretzels???

Marcia-
What about baby carrots and celery and low fat string cheese ????
I keep these in my car throughout day and don't have a probelem w/ them going bad... How fun! My DH would just die happy if I'd learn to play golf.... he's been begging me for 5 years now.

{{{When my latest shipment come in (makes it sound like a drug, doesn't it? )}}}

Amy- you mean CATHE isnt a drug?????????? I spend like I'm an addict w/ her!
Why havent you been sleeping? Hope all is OK.

Good morning,

This is why I love you guys, a BIG thanks too everyone :) :) ;)

Unfortunately, yesterday turned out REALLY BAD ;( ;(

Today, I got my head together, had to get in a quiet place and balance my situation in prayer and deep thought. What I come to accept and appreciate, is this, things are not as bad as it seem. And I am truly blessed compared to others. I fall down and I get up. I am blessed :) :)

I ate my 70+ flex points yesterday, lol. I ordered a small Meat Lovers Pizza from Zeppe’s, have you ever tried there pizza? good stuff ate 5 slices, OUCH! The pizza was so greasy but good, my stomach was MESSED up bubbling and making these weird a$$ noises as tho something or someone was in there ;( :7 :7

Its' strange tho, now that I'm older the way my system digest fast foods the food get catch in my upper stomach right under my breast causing me to be very miserable, it happens every time I eat something out of my norm, especially greasy food. I was sick afterwards had to keep popping Tums. It took several hours just for my food to past down to my lower stomach, it that make sense. I guess my stomach is not use too greasy fast foods.

Good news, our office is closing today at noon, YIPEE! this evening when the sun goes down I’m going for a longggg enjoyable walk, aiming for 5 miles. Thanks guys.

Teddygirl~

Traci- I know, I feel like she is. I have been playing around with paying the necessary bills just so I can add more Cathe to my collection! Funny, though, I was NEVER this way about any other fitness program, i.e. the FIRM. It's like I can't get enough!

Don't know about the sleeping thing. I figured Monday night it was because I was too tired. Monday after work, DH and ran errands, so didn't get home until noon and didn't lay down to nap until almost 2. Tuesday night, however, I even took a sleeping pill and was still up running around after 4 hrs of sleep. Last night, was asleep by 9:30 and, sure enough, was awake around 1:30 this morning until about 4. It may have something to do with our trip next week. Most of the time, I look forward to going home and seeing the family, but this trip, I am just not that excited about for some reason. Mostly because of my psycho SIL, probably!

Hi everyone!

Amy - Re - early retirement - I'm actually the primary breadwinner and health insurance provider for our family too. I was in the right place at the right time and walked into an opportunity where I could reduce my work hours, maintain a retirement plan plus health bennies. I took a minor pay cut (compared to what I gained!) so it's all worked out. I never imagined such a situation could exist. So don't despair - you may find such an opportunity out there too.

Traci - Holy Cow - what a workout!

Marcia - I still need my meetings even as a lifer. I've been slacking over the summer, but once I'm back from vacation next week, it's back to every Friday for me. Don't feel bad about going back again. Lots of people join and rejoin before finally reaching goal and staying there. You're doing great!

Gotta run so here is my quickie checkin - pts yesterday - OK. DH and I went out to dinner and we split a chicken parm dinner. I ate a very small portion - I was satisfied, but definitely could have eaten more. Got home too late for my walk so yesterday was a rest day.

Today's workout was a no go. Woke up with a weird pain in my knee. I am NOT HAPPY about this. But I iced it and I will test it out later. I may be able to walk later today, but I don't want to push it. Especially with vacation coming up.

I'll try to checkin again later. Happy Thursday everyone!

"Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." Satchel Paige

Hi Everyone!
Woke up with a headache and couldn't get to sleep but wasn't up to exercising either.

Marcia - Good for you figuring out you need the meetings. I do too! Doing WW on line might be more convenient but I am another one that needs the meetings and accountability that I get with weighing in there. Snacks??? Maybe individual serving sizes of misc assorted items - pretzels, granola bars etc..... I love the Kashi granola bars that are 2 points esp the cherry dark chocolate ( new and hard to find because I am buying them up! :) ).

Hi Everyone-
Wanted to FYI you on some info I found interesting on the WW Forums. There is a daily checkin group called Eat More Weigh Less... They are all about using only alotted WW points but zig-zagging them. This is what I have been using that actually broke my plateau... For me it made alot of sense as I knew I wasnt eating enough w/ just my Points Target and APs but wasnt sure how much to add/when.
This isnt the "wendie" or CJ version of WW (not really WW) its all about Target points/Flex points/APs
The group appears to have been around a long time and I've read many success stories in all wt ranges...

The jest of it is this:
WI Day= Day 1: Target Points + 6 Flex + all aps (or as many aps as you are hungry for)
Day 2: Target + 16 Flex + all aps (or as needed)
Day 3: Target + 3 Flex + all aps (or as needed)
Day 4: Target + 1 Flex + all aps (or as needed)
Day 5: Target + 5 flex + all aps (or as needed)
Day 6: Target + 3 flex + all aps (or as needed)
Day 7: Target + 1 Flex + all Aps (or as needed)
NOTE: If you are currently only eating target points but want to try this take 2-3 weeks to work up to all the points as indicated so you wont have wt gain on week one.
Thought some of you workout fiends might need the extra calories like me but not sure how to go about it.

Looks interesting, I am interested in seeing if this works for me! I used to be able to get into the WW forums, but they've blocked my computer for some reason x(. I can get on using DH's computer, but that's a pain. I will check into it after my meeting tonight, as well.

Thanks!!!

Claude-
Good luck w/ that knee! Those kinds of aches/pains are definitely no fun! Sometimes just all the high impact & step gets to us I guess.

Amy-
I relate to the "going home" stressor! I go every year and half and I swear I'm the psycho one for a week! Just remember that the more lunie they are the more "normal" you feel! lololol
I bet the break in w/o routine and strict eating will be good for your body too... a little "shake it up" can be a good thing

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.