Weight Watchers Check-in - Thursday 11/30

gym_mom

Cathlete
Just getting us started.

"Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." Satchel Paige

Hey - Where's Traci? I can't beleive I'm the first one up today.

I'm feeling whipped, gee I wonder why? I took Saturday and Sunday as rest days - first time ever I've taken two days in a row (other than vacation). I was ok with it because I was so busy, it felt like I was still being pretty active.

But every day this week, I've woken up feeling achy, sore and just generally tired. I've pushed through my workouts, but I know I'm not giving them my all. Today, I just can't get my butt in gear to do a workout. I had a circuit on tap - either DM or LIC, but I just don't want to.

OK - I know I'm over tired, over worked, over stressed. I just need an extra rest day or two this week. I'll just stretch and get to bed early tonight. That will help. Hey, I may actually have time to catch up on posts - oh let's go see what everyone else has been up to -

Claude

"Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." Satchel Paige

Good Morning Claude!!!! I just knew you'd be up bright & early to start us off so I slept past 3am YIPPEEE!!!!!!! I am so sorry your body isnt feeling well! PLEASE listen to it and take off as much as it tells you... its not like you'll be laying in bed eating "Chocolate Peanut Butter Fig Cream Pie"!

I'll go back & read last night posts too but had to share my EXCITING news..... This morning was my official 30 day P90X check-in.
Drum Roll Please'"'''''
Scale Weight: Down 1
Bodyfat%: Down 1
Chest: Down 2 (OF COURSE!!!!!):eek:
Waist: Down 1
Hips: Down .5 (TOLD YA I WAS GETTING LOPSIDES!):+
Thigh: Down 1

Flexed Bicep: + .25 (I think thats suppose to go up?)

ANYWAY: I am more pleased than I can say and have no doubts at all that my body needs more strength and less cardio to produce results.
After 30 days I just cannot believe it!

I'm all dressed for W/O this am and ready to "BRING IT" w/ Chest, Shoulders, Triceps, Abs.... May or may not throw in a short cardio later if I feel up to it. The BEST part is that I no longer feel any guilt or trepidation about the minimal cardio in the Classic Rotation. I feel "off the hook" for the first time in a year and I think I may actually get more cardio in just because I'm not feeling pressure (from self) to do it!
I'll be back - I'm going look for Claude on yesterdays board;-) :eek:

Good morning Claude and Traci and all that follow..

I was so disgusted about my post last night....x( From now on when I post something that long, I am going to copy it so if this happens again, I can just paste it.

Claude - I love dried figs, I buy them at Sam's in a huge container. One of my favorite snacks is to eat a string cheese with three figs. One bite of cheese and a fig at the same time. I used the mozzerella low fat string cheese, YUM!

Traci - way to go on the P90X results!!! I need to break those out when I start using my Cardio Coaches. I should get my CC today! YIPPEE. I have DrillMax on the schedule for today though. That will finish my Nov rotation. Oh, I don't exercise in the mornings!! I am strictly an afternoon exercise. After I get up from working at 3 p.m., I try to be into my routine by 3:30. I did do IMAX3 about 5 a.m. once last January when I was doing that monster of a January rotation, and I thought I'd surely die!

I'll have to look back over yesterday's posts and try to answer everyone again piecemeal.

Sandra - I typed a long response to your question about medical transcription. You'll just need to take a medical transcription class that will include medical terminology. You will need a good working knowledge of med. term. You can usually find those at your community college. They usually last two semesters. Even with that under your belt, there is a steep learning curve when you start on the job as I found out in 1993 when I went to acute care after working for seven years in an OB/GYN office. The hospital is a whole different world!

Off for my second cup of coffee. Have a good one....

Just spent the last 45 min reading every one's posts from the last week. I feel so much more refreshed now. Guess I needed a mental break as well.

Let's see, some of these are belated, but bear with me...

Sandra - I had a feeling you were a note taker - I have all sorts of notes all over my workout book to help keep the w/o moving along. Know what you mean about power turning squats in Cardio Fusion. I usually do them in one directoin (no turning) then do the next set in the opposite direction. My body just doesn't move like that!

LoriS - lots of quick recovery vibes going out to your Dad {{{HUGS}}}. I'm sure he's anxious to get the surgery over with. Wow, you actually go hunting with your Dad, I never could bring myself to get up at 3 am to go watch him shoot a deer. I enjoy the meat, but I'd rather not see the process. How's your back now (after those 2 surgeries)? Regarding choreography in BM2 - I found it much easier than Low Max - only one part gets me confused - the skater lunges. Everything else is pretty easy to catch on to.

Jane - a TM and all CC's and a new Ipod - talk about a great way to spend a bonus!

Teddygirl - sounds like you're reaching the sweet spot - you're finally comfortable with where you're at and who you are. That's fantastic!

Amy - LOL at Jellibean under the tree. One of my cats used to climb the tree and sleep in it! We'd find him all curled up about three quarters of the way up, sound asleep. We have a new kitty this year who is quite playful. I'm a little nervous about what he'll do with the decorations. He's going to have a ball! BTW, belated congrats on dropping two sizes on the "suction" hose!

Marcia - oohhh, Mexico is coming up soon! I'm so excited for you!

Cheryl - wow, what major progress you've been making. When I read ove rthe past week, it's really been incredibly impressive! What an inspiration you are!

Buffy/Traci - you're results on P90X are getting me all cranked up. DH better have ordered it for Xmas or I'll just have to go out and pay full price for the dang workout myself!

Wendy - didn't have a chance to properly WELCOME you. Glad to have you here!

OK, time to shower and get to work. Maybe I'll have a chance to get back later. If not, thanks for being here. You're all so amazing and so inspiring. It really helps me when I'm all stressed out to come see people who are like minded and accomplishing such great things!!!

Claude

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; We grow old because we stop playing" unknown.

Got caught up on tail end of yesterdays posts.....

JANE: LOL... I have a notebook that is sacredly used only for notes from our little group! I am so anal sometimes! My calendar is also marked with future dates of things people share.... PLEASE dont fret about lost postings!!!! We feel your love vibes! and send them back at you!

Lori: I am so sorry about your HH (hormone hell).... I suffer greatly as well since peri hit a year ago! I was thinking the other day how much of my life is actually spent in ALIEN mode (as DH calls it).... use to be not much now its half.... lol Thanks goodness for unconditional love! As far as cardio that you wondering about... no easy answer for sure! Every person has a sweet spot and unfortunately I had too track and log daily for the past year to finally find mine. Dont let that discourage you tho as I can be a slow learner!!!! Try a starting point like recommended 30 minutes a day (I dont work out 7 days so...) 7 days x 30 min = 210 minutes per week minimum. Thats 3.5 hours per week. Divide by # of days you plan to work out and you can get a daily average. If your body doesnt respond to that in 2 weeks add a little at a time .... I like to allow 2 weeks to see patterns only because of hormones being all over the place. That might give you a starting point.

AMY: WOW on your 4.5 miler yesterday!!!!! When you run do you base it on miles or time? Do you have a goal for mileage or time? Will you be coming to see me next year for the Houston Marathon in January (2008 not 2007:p).... I ran it 1999 and it was a BLAST of a good time! I trained for 6 months w/ a team and that was the key for me.... Funny tho- I trained faithfully- ran it and never ran again for 2 years..... then I ran & really didnt like it so stopped!
I'd do it for you tho:7

BBL

Morning,

Claude –good for you, listen too your body, if you need an extra day or two, by all means TAKE IT you work so hard. Nice job :) :)

Tracie – you are rocking, gee a month already, time fly’ doesn’t it. But, woman that’s what I’m talking about less cardio and more strength work, merit AWESOME results. Nice work! ;) ;)

As for me, MIS (entire) was on rotation for this morning but when the alarm went off, yip! You guessed it, hit snoozes one to many times. There was just not enough time to complete the workout, it usually take me 1.5 hours to finish.

This morning I did Butts & Guts OOUUCCHHHH……..that workout is so sweet I love it. Tonight if I am not too tired hmmmm just maybe I push out MIS (ub)I shall see! If not tomorrow.

Teddygirl~
:p

Good Morning all!!!

Passing around the freshly brewed Gevalia Traditional Roast (yum!)

Jane- I typically am able to remember some people's posting to reply, but then have to go back and ETA or just leave another posting.

Claude- Wow!!! I can't believe that someone actually believes that there enough time in the day for you to get all that done!!! And to add the treasurer thing too??? Wow, I bow in your presence!

Traci- LOL about the marathon! Although I think that it would be grand fun to hit Houston up at that time, I think that I would spend my time "running" between all the great food places instead of the actual marathon! I typically run for both time and distance. Not in the way you think, though. When I work, I try to keep it to about 3.5 miles and that gets me just under an hour....yes, I run v-e-r-y s-l-o-w!!! The most I have jogged was 5.5 miles when I was killing myself a couple of months ago. I only jog 2x a week at the most anyway. Besides, I think that we could find so many other ways to amuse ourselves besided running!!!:p :+ :7

Today is WI, first since before Thanksgiving. I am not feeling good about it, I feel very poofy this morning. I was very happy last night though. I was able to get through a great gyro dinner with about 400 cal left to spare for something sweet last night! (Sorry, I am thinking more in calories than points these days). I am getting to a point, though, that I really just don't want to trek 40 minutes across town to do something that I can do at home, then sit and knit (my meeting activity) for 30 minutes before wading myself through traffic to get back home. Granted, I like my leader, but I haven't really gotten anything useful for myself out of a meeting in so long that I don't remember when I did! I know that I need the accountability and all, but....well, let's just say that I think that it's the Thanksgiving damage talking because I DON'T want to face the music tonight!!! I am planning in picking up sushi on the way home, though!

ETA- Forgot to congratulate Traci on her AWESOME measurements!!! WTG, girl!!!

Hi, everyone!

We're a busy group already this morning!

Traci, on your results - in a word - WOO HOO!!!!! Omigosh, what an upper. You are hauling buns, girl! Doing the happy dance for you today.

Claude, are you sure you're maybe not coming down with the flu? You sound pretty exhausted. I hope not, but maybe what you need is just a bit of rest.

No new snow today in Utah, but bitter cold. Single digits. Yikes!
I did cardio today - forgot I couldn't do PUB today and Drill Max tomorrow... I'm going to have to get used to putting the weight work on M-W-F's... I did 30 min TM speed intervals. Was feeling saucy and cranked the 6th interval up to level 8 (9.0 at 1.5% incline) but only lasted one interval at that speed, so I huffed and puffed through the final 2 at 8.1. Hoped I was maybe up to bumping the level, but I guess not quite yet. Finished it out with 40 minutes of Cathe step.

A fun workout! Back later - today is going to be crazy at work.

Cheryl

Hola ladies! Thanks for the warm welcomes yesterday!!! I really appreciate it. I'm going to have to start getting up earlier to keep with you (I'm on West Coast time as it is). I love how hard everyone works here.

Traci, awesome results!!! Good for you!

Cheryl, Sounds like a great workout this morning. You guys all wake up early...:)

Amy, I know about meeting dread. Sometimes I just don't weigh in if I feel like I'm really bloated. If your meeting's not inspiring you, though, it might be time to look into another meeting. My meeting really makes me feel all jazzed up for the week ahead.

Teddygirl, B&G seems to be a pretty good substitute for MIS! You ladies workout HARD.

Claude, take it easy and listen to your body. Hope you feel better soon.

Jane, hello!

The new set came yesterday, so I am diving full force into the 4 or 5 week rotation (we have to see how I hold up with the intensity). Today is BM2. Yikes. I'm about to go jump in headfirst in a minute.

Unofficial WI today -- down at least a pound. Tomorrow's my meeting.

Hey did anyone catch Dr. Oz on Oprah yesterday? Really great ideas for a breakfast shake. I am drinking it right now -- yummy!

Have a great day!!

Good Morning....Congrats Traci on your awesome results!!

I got so away from Weight Training for awhile, and just did Firms and cardio, I think my body is responding very well to more weights and less cardio. But, I figured out my minutes of cardio for this week, and I will be under 30 a day, so I will add on a 1/2 hour of cardio today. I might do a Firm cardio from BSS3?? I can't remeber the number, but I love those Firm cardio's, on the Transfirmer?? I think they are great cardio's. I may do something kickbox too, as this really works my legs like they need it!

Cheryl, it has been in the 60's here for about 2 weeks. Today the tempature is supposed to plummet, and we are starting out with rain, then freezing rain, and then probably snow. YUCK!! What a change, and I am not looking forward to it.

Amy, I don't really get a whole lot out of my WW's Leader either. I like her, but I went to a meeting earlier in the week a couple of weeks ago, and I like this leader so much better. I want to switch, but I feel loyal to my current leader because she is a nice lady, and I like Weds. mornings. I have to go to meetings though, I do not do well on my own at all. This is the first time in 3 years or so I have been successful at WW's, and the only things I have done different is the meetings, and getting my oil in every day.

Have a good day everyone, I will check in again later!!
Lori

Teddygirl, HURRAY on Butts & Guts!! and after oversleeping the alarm, yet.... I love MIS, but B&G would be the even bigger accomplishment today. You rock!!

Amy - best of luck on tonights WI, and whatever happens, I hope you keep in in perspective... we're in this for the long haul, not just for today.... and I hope you enjoy that sushi. Sushi's high in protein, that works!

Jane - yum - figs and mozz. cheese... mouth is waterning..

Just weighed in at home. 133. HURRAY!!! The progress is coming. Now I'm set for a very clean day. Amazing how that works.

Have a good one, everyone!

Cheryl

Here for the afternoon check in scoop!

Thanks to everyone for the congrats and woohoos and all the hoopla! When I told DH my results this morning he said WOW! Thats cool! (all the while staring at his pcx( ). I think he sometimes thinks that I am trying to use psychology to get him to get into shape... partly true I guess but STILL! Thats why God made girlfriends tho, Right? Thats who you can count on to boost your spirits. Thanks again!

Cranked out the P90 CH SH TRI ABS and added PS floor work & Abs and some extra lower abs off of Ab Hits.

TGIRL: Great job cranking out B&G and for not just hitting snooze a few dozen more times!:p

AMY: Thanks for passing the java- ITS SO NEEDED!!! Dont forget we have incredible shopping here too! But I must admit I'm an internet shopper only but YES the restaurants are worth the visit in itself! I think your running is stellar! i think anyone who can do more than 1/4 mile at a time is marathon bound tho:7 No worries on WI tonite... You have had so much loss in past 30 days I certainly wouldnt worry about a stay the same week.

CHERYL: Your TM interval 6 was DEVILISH woman... and to think you added cardio after that.... Your cardio routines are IMPRESSIVE!

WENDY: The groups energy and consistent commitment to exercise is all inspiring for meas well... They keep me honest and on my toes! I am so excited about your early holiday gift arrival! You are brave jumping in full barrell! Go for it!!!!! WOOHOO on todays WI! A pound is awesome the week after Tgiving. I watched and TiVod Dr Oz yesterday. I adore him and had just finished his book. His eating plan is really simple and precise...

LORI: I'm excited for you that your body is responding well to weight work! Its so cool to read as each of us are finding whatworks for our bodies... we are all over the board on that one and it just serves to remind us all how unique all this health stuff is. Its nice you are finding meetings helpful- they are a real lifesaver for many people.

Really hungry so I'm going to go chow down.
BBL

Hello! Just finished BM2 (ok...not all of it...I skipped the power circuits but did everything else). It felt great! I haven't worked that hard in a long time. Workout time still came to about an hour and ten mins or so...

I love BM2! The music is great, the step fun, and the weight work innovative. The abs were killer. All in all, a fantastic morning so far.

I love this checkin, too! :) You guys rock.

Question: how many of you use your APs? I've been trying not to (though using the 35 flex points each week if I need to), but doing Cathe like this I'm gonna get hungry.

Wendy

Hi everyone!!

Super busy today as I had an early dr. appt. Trying to catch up.

Traci - How was Sh. Ch. Tr. today? Was it super hard? I'm finding that P90X is challenging but doable. I'm liking the results so far. I just wish the scale wouldn't keep going all over the place. Up one day down the other. What the heck????

Last nite I did P90X KenpoX. I like this one but I don't find it as challeing as KPC. Did some hanging ab work as well. Today on the P90X scedule is stretching. One hour of stretching. Not sure how I'm going to take that.

Eating, well, could be better. I'm staying within or below my points but because I haven't gone food shopping this week, my choices are not what they should be. Tomorrow I'm going to sit down and plan out the menu for next week and go shopping.

I know I'm supposed to be in recovery week but I'm feeling kind of like a slacker. I'm looking forward to next week to get back into some heavy lifting and cardio. BTW, I'm officially started P90X Doubles next week.

Buffy

Hi everyone!

Very late check in for me today. I was decided to go grocery shopping at 8am today, right after dropping DD1 off at the bus stop. Then I came home, put the groceries away, gave DD2 a snack and got her down for her nap. By then it was 11am. I did PUB, and added PLB stability ball & stretch. My upper body feels toasty, no doubt. I'm kind of, oh I don't know, feeling discouraged (?). That's not really the right word. I don't feel like I've seen any change or progress in a very long time. I need to change things up. I've already planned to begin P90X on January 1st, and that's probably exactly what I need. Actually, what I need is the patience to make it another month, continuing to do what I'm doing.

Another thing I'm tired of is eating for weight loss - especially when I feel like I'm depriving myself to a degree that is not reflected on the scale. I firmly believe that to see real muscle gain and development, you need to EAT, like the P90X eating plan. WW is great for losing weight, if you don't exercise, IMO. It's not good for making your physique build muscle definition. But, will I see muscle definition if I've still got a layer of fat around the middle (ooooh, this baby gut!). And if I begin eating the 1800 calories a day that P90X recommends (with substantially reduced cardio!), won't I just end up gaining fat again?! Agh. I drive myself crazy with these questions. If you're still reading this, then I'm sure I've made you nuts, too.

The arctic blast has finally moved on, and the temps today are around -8C, with some lovely fresh snow on the ground, and brilliant sunshine. The perfect winter day. When I pick DD1 up from the bus stop today I'm going to take the kids to the park for some sledding.

Buffy - Florida to Vermont! Yes, that would be a big change!!

Traci - Around here, it's business as usual, regardless of the temperature, or what's coming from the sky. Well, the kids don't have to go outside for recess, we have to plug our cars in when they aren't being used for a few hours, and if you're lucky you will get a remote car starter for Christmas. We have a city that's built for this climate, so that makes it easier. For example, we have a pedway in our downtown core that allows you to go anywhere in that area completely indoors. The city budgets for snow removal and street sanding, which comes out into the millions of dollars every year. And winter parkas sell really well at our local stores :) I do not envy you those bugs!!! That would be a freak-me-out kind of change for me, if I moved to more southern climes. I can't stand things with more than 2 legs and 2 arms :) I'm sooo happy your mother recovered from her illness! It sounds like it was a very traumatic time in your life.

OMG, look at the time. I haven't read the rest of the posts yet, but I'll try to bbl.

Cheers,
Sandra
-going to go get some sunshine and perk up a bit

Sandra, do you live in Canada?? I dislike the cold. I live in MI, and our cold is too much for me. The older I get, the more I dislike cold & snow. But, I lived here my whole life, and will probably never leave.

wENDY, i USE MY ap'S, AND USE MY fp'S AS SPARINGLY AS POSSIBLE. sOMETIMES i GO TO wi WITH 15 fP'S LEFT, SOMETIMES i HAVE 5 LEFT, LIKE LAST WEEK. My calculastor flips on Weds. morning, my WI day. I try to eat my AP's. plus 20 points allowance per day, but it doesn't always work. i USUALLY REST 1 DAY A WEEK TOO, AND i AM NOT VERY GOOD AT 20 POINT DAYS.

Sorry I keep hitting the caps button!!

Sandra, I agree WW's would work best for people who do not exercise, but if I try anything else, I am not as successful at it, and most programs do not allow you to eat whatever you want with portion control. Maybe when the new program starts, you will like it better?? I just think without my own personal chef, WW's is the most to real living you can get!!

Have a good night....Lori

Well, all the Maxes in 2 have been Intervaled and half the Maxes in 3 have been Intervalled and now I am Imaxed out!!!

I am off to WW for the "official post-Thanksgiving" WI (and sushi!!)

Can you tell I am looking forward to the sushi more than the WI???;-) }(

Amy, GOOD LUCK, GOOD LUCK, GOOD LUCK - and if it doesn't go well, just remember tomorrow's another day and enjoy the sushi :)

Wendy, I tried not using my APs for awhile and I ended up not losing weight... and not only that, I'd get so hungry that about every week I'd set myself up for a weekend binge. So now I eat most but not all of my AP points, but I try to conserve the 35 flex points if at all possible. So I generally go in lately having used 1/2 - 3/4 the flex points, and at most just 1/3-1/2 of the flex points.

I'm also mentally tallying up the calories and trying to stay at about 1400 and not more than 1600 if possible.

Good luck! I hope that helps!!
Cheryl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.