Weight Watchers Check-In THURSDAY 11/16

Happy Friday Eve! I so enjoyed my rest day although had to stay locked up in house most of day as winds were in the 40 mile hour range and 3 kids (dogs) were scared! ... Ok I was scared too
:p

Today is POWER WORKOUT DAY!
P90X Chest Back ... adding on Amy Bentos new stuff of All Pump Chest Back and a 40 minute Kickbox Extreme Premix of Combos & Core.
If my abs arent feeling it yet I will do both the Butts & Guts segments of Abs... That should "noodle me out" for the day! (BTW: Her premixes are really creative and different! This is my first set of her stuff ... on 3 workouts theres 24 premixes! She even has 3 premixes that are 3 day splits....I think I'll get alot of use out of these.
The package is: HiLo Extreme... Kickbox Extreme... All Pump Extreme
Did anyone get these??

Was looking over this weeks food log as scale is stuck this week... either all the P90 wt work is keeping it the same or my cal/pts were too low this week. I'm averaging 200 calories (about 3-4pts) less per day than normal... We'll see as tomorrow is official WI.
I think I got everyones personals on yesterdays board....
AMY: Sounds like you're getting all your strength & cardio stamina back! YEAH....
I really like the P90 Bars & recovery drink.... I guess I just need to add 1 or 2 more a day to get in caloric intake.
Have a great morning am going to get all over these workouts this morning and then make my Tgiving grocery list for tomorrows shopping!

Good morning,

Tracie – Wow we woman, 40 mile winds, that is scary x( Amy Bento, never heard of her. See what ya started, now I've visit her website. I do like the ideal of having 24 premixes, awesome. Enjoy your workout :p :p

Last night, I did low max, fun! This morning, Imax 2 :9 and for this evening either legs or B&G.

Tomorrow’s workout is going to be, cardio & P90X Shoulders & Arms & Ab ripper :eek: :eek: I’m on top of things huh!

Teddygirl~

Good Morning.

Wow, Traci that's is a killer workout you have planned. BTW, my dog gets really scared in the wind too; or rain; or any bad weather. She's a bit of a wimp actually, but we love her.

This morning I did P90X shoulders and arms. I don't know if I'm seeing things but it seems like there is more definition in my upper body already and I haven't even completed my second week of P90X. I'm really loving this program.

I weighed in this morning and I was down .2 lbs. I have a Tanita scale that measures body fat and that was down to 16% (I don't believe that number but last week it was 17% so I'm happy there is a downward change). Happy days.

Eating yesterday was ok. Stayed at 23 pts. I'm having chinese food tonite but I think I'll order the chicken and broccoli with steamed rice. Not too bad.

Enjoy your workouts.

Buffy

ETA: I take back what I said about B&G stability ball abs not being tough. By last nite my abs were killing me particularly my obliques. They still hurt. Cool!!

Hi, everyone!

Buffy, where were the stability ball abs in B&G? Did I miss something or is that somewhere in the pre-mixes? I thought the ab section in B&G was really challenging, but I don't remember any props other than the 5 lb. dumbbells.... must have missed something... and my abs aren't sore this morning. But my glutes and hamstrings are sure feeling it!

Traci, that's some killer workout you have planned for today. Good thing you had a rest day yesterday, I'd say!

Today I did 30 minute speed intervals program on the treadmill - 9 speed intervals, 8 of them at 8.1 and 1.5% incline. Woo hoo! So happy to be able to pull that off again. It's been a long time. GOing to finish up with 45 minute weightloss program, but found out my daughter didn't get her homework finished - aagh! Got to help her out with that quick before school.

Claude I don't think I ever answered you, but our spa visit last Friday came out great. She had a blast. Her favorite thing in the world. She's Russian Gypsy - don't know if I've mentioned it - and she's very self conscious about her dark ethnic hair. She hates the thick eyebrows and peach fuzz on her upper lip and her "tum".
(She's actually beautiful. Adopted from Russia when she was 4)

Anyway, she just finished the homework - and I'd better get to it.
A big day at work today - uugh!

Cheryl

Morning all -

This morning was Lowmax, cardio only plus LIC abs. No chance for another workout this pm, so that will have to do. Eating was actually controlled yesterday, even with dinner out - I ordered a chicken sandwich on italian foccacia bread. I only ate half the bread, all of the chicken - it was yummy. I subbed the fries with a salad (always do that). Got home, hit the gym for my love/sweat fest with Sean(CC#3) and finished off the day with an apple. Not bad at all.

I used to hate sweating or doing anything that made me breath hard or made my body sore. Now, I love it - I don't feel like it's a good workout unless I'm dripping with sweat. If I don't feel DOMS the next day, I must not have done it right. Weird how I've changed. I never would have believed it if you had told me two years ago that I'd be like this. :D

Amy - so glad you enjoyed your facial!

Traci - your poor babies! Today will be my poor baby's turn to be scared, lots of wind and rain forecasted, yuck.

My 9:30 appt is here so I'll run. Check back later!

Happy Thursday!!

Claude

"Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." Satchel Paige

Cheryl - There is a bonus stability ball ab section in B&G. Give it a try; there are some new moves in it I haven't seen before.

Buffy

Good Morning.....clinking coffee cups with Traci!

Yes, I am getting my cardio stamina back! It feels great, FINALLY! Granted by the end of the 85 min of step, I was lagging a bit, but all in all, it felt good. Today is another cardio day, haven't decided what yet. It's also "official" WI day. Peeking at the scale this morning has me pretty much the same as where I was last week, so I am okay with that. We'll see, tonight, though!

DH want's to go look at Select Comfort beds tonight. He has a lot of problems with getting comfortable, even lying down, so I am okay with spending large amounts of money on a bed if it provides him a little bit of comfort so he can sleep. That means that it will take some convincing for me to get him to stay for the meeting (which I want to, especially since the new changes are coming out in a couple of weeks).

Traci- I totally understand about the winds....we were about the same here with torrential rains all day! DH had to tie and stake down the canopy tent we have set up over the back patio, it was almost airborne. He ended up having to do it while it was pouring rain...in order to save our satellite dish as the tent was making a beeline straight for it! I hope that the eating thing works out. I am still wanting to find a nutritionist like Jennifer to see what they have to say about the eating/exercise thing.

Buffy- Congrats on the downward swing of the body fat!! I am working towards being less than 30%, I can't imagine being 20%, much less 16%!!! I don't have a scale that measures it, I got by generalized tape measurements and figure it that way. Good luck on the chinese!! I usually get either chicken and broccoli or chicken and veggies. Great job on the new definition as well!

Everyone else! Good morning! Here's to hoping that your day runs smoothly and that your workouts are strong!

Claude- Great job on the dinner! I am the same way....if you told me 2 yrs ago that I would be addicted to working out, I would have not only laughed in your face, I would have walked away holding my sides!!! I am not all about the DOMS, but the dripping sweat!

Claude - Oh what a happy day when you realize that you actually like to workout. I've worked out for about 25 years and never really enjoyed it until the last year or so. Can't imagine my life without it. Some of my friends thing I'm nuts.

Buffy

Buffy, Claude - you can add me to the exercise addicted list, too ;)

I never would have thought it - but DH and I were having a big philosophical talk the other night about what it was likely going to be like in heaven. I told him I expect to have my workouts all there.
He said there won't be any need to work out in heaven. I told him I find that unacceptable -- I still plan to work out when we're there.

Funny thought, eh? Who'd have thought that day would come when our idea of heaven includes 1 hour plus of hard exercise every day???
Cheryl

I love it - Cathe workouts in heaven!! I think P90X will have to be up there too, along with several others or all of our personal favorites (a TM for you Cheryl, a pool for Sandra, etc!):D :D :D

Claude

"Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." Satchel Paige

Hi there,

Later check in for me today. I decided to go grocery shopping at 8am, instead of doing it at the end of the afternoon. It's good to have that done for the week.

Traci - ARE YOU INSANE?!?! You have done an entire week's worth of workouts in one day!! Lordy, woman, why do you want to do so much in one day? (This is all said with good humour, and flabbergasted curiosity :) ). I've seen Amy Bento's dvds. The covers resemble Cathe's very much. What is her style and intensity like? Am I correct in presuming you can only get the P90X bars and drink from their website?

Jane - I got your PM! I'll write back soon. You are so busy. Please don't feel pressured to get this done anytime soon. Yes, Katie does see Mom do "grate" things in the kitchen LOL!

Amy - Your facial sounds like a very esteem-boosting experience. I hoped you tipped her big :) Good luck with your WI today.

X - nice combo you put together yesterday. I'll tuck that one away, for sure.

Claude - Wonder Woman? Coooool. Not quite, though. It takes me at least 5 minutes to get into my workout clothes, and my tiara won't stay on for love or money. Nice workout! And you did very, very well with the dinner last night. Your self control is very impressive.

Cheryl - The stability ball abs are a bonus segment added to the BG dvd. If you go to "Chapters" and look down past "Stretch", you'll see a bonus ab segment (14mins), as well some bonus leg work: leg presses (with 10lb db), sit 'n stands (with 5 risers and 35lb bb), and glute squeezes on the stability ball. My glutes are talking to me, big time from BG yesterday, although once again my hamstrings feel fine. I wonder why that is? All her other lower body workouts get my hamstrings singing. Only one hour per day of exercise in heaven? No, that's my idea of hell. My idea of heaven is alternating an hour of exercise with an hour of eating with an hour of sleeping, then do it all over again - NO interruptions from children and spouses!! Oh, and 5 minutes allowed before eating to flex in the mirror.

Teddygirl - You're working it hard these days!

Buffy - 16% body fat?? Why are you trying to lose weight, my friend? How low do you plan to go? And how does the scale know body fat%, as separate from your total weight? Just curious; I'd like to get one.

BTW, did I mention that my name is Sandra and I'm an exercise addict?

This morning I did KPC Premix #4 (w/u, intermediate drills, combos 1 & 2), then PUB (no abs), and back to KPC for the stretch. My glutes are feeling toasty from BG yesterday, and now my upper body seems to match. I love the pump I get in my arms from PUB. And I swear my butt is an inch higher today :)

Have a great day,
Sandra

>
>This morning I did KPC Premix #4 (w/u, intermediate drills,
>combos 1 & 2), then PUB (no abs), and back to KPC for the
>stretch. My glutes are feeling toasty from BG yesterday, and
>now my upper body seems to match. I love the pump I get in my
>arms from PUB. And I swear my butt is an inch higher today

Sandra - Nice workout, I decided to do BG tonight, I have been putting it off to wayyyyy too long, wish me luck! :p :p :)

Teddygirl~

Sandra,

I have a Tanita scale and seriously, I know that the 16% body fat reading is not remotely accurate. I've measured myself with calipers and I was much higher than that. Can't remember exactly but in the 20's. I'm not sure how it works but you have to stand on metal plates barefoot. Sends some kind of current through your body, I think. Anyone else have a fat measuring scale?

Even though I don't believe that the measurement is accurate, it is consistent therefore if the number goes down I believe that I'm losing body fat. Not sure if I'm explaining this clearly.

I am trying to reduce my body fat. Trust me I have excess fat on my belly and the back of my upper thighs that doesn't need to be there. That being said, I looked at my weight tracker today. It's taken me 15 weeks to lose 5 pounds on Weight Watchers. I only want to lose about 5 more. Hope it doesn't take another 15 weeks.

Buffy

Buffy- Those are called "impedement" scales. Basically they do send a current ("attorney disclaimer- NOT recommended for those with pacemakers!) through your body and it measures the time it takes, then calculates the amount of body fat depending on that time. Typically, the higher the muscle mass, the longer the time it takes, the lower the body fat and vice versa for the higher the body fat.

Sandra- I love reading your novels! Enjoy the "toastiness"!

I just woke up from a nap and my vision in my right eye is goofy....like it's fuzzy and distorted. It happens every once in a great while since I had the Lasik surgery and it's from my cornea getting dried out while I sleep sometimes. I am just glad that it doesn't happen all the time!!!

I'm off to find a fun and high intensity cardio workout.....hmmmm now where could I possibly find one of those around here???;-)

Hi All! Cranked out the Chest & Back of P90X & Amy Bentos All Pump added in Amys 40 minute premix of Kick combos....Blew off Abs til tomorrow. I really didnt have a clue what to expect on the Kickboxing but I guess she does her premixes like Cardio Fusion... You'd better know the combos before you start! Well I've never done the tape before so I did more jumping, kicking, boxing drills while watching Amy....LOLOLOLOL LEARNED MY LESSON!

Sandra; Amy is what I'd imagine Cathe was like in her earluest of days... FUN, SWEET, CUTE AS A BUG, NOT PERKY but REALLY DRIVEN, she throws in alot of little funnies like Cathe that you'll miss alot because you are working at extremely high intensity. She's the only other instructor I see me sticking w/ other than Cathe & P90X. AND BTW: OH YES! Your booty is indeed an inch higher today you crazy cardio addict;-)

Claude: GREAT AM Workout lady! You did AMAZING yesterday.... food/gym/apple... what an awesome string of great choices! I humbly salute you:D

CheryL; Speed Intervals sound like a hoot! What would you do if your TM ever broke???? Has it ever? Did you run out and buy a new one like I did w/ my HRM???? Hope your daughter got the homework done... dont ya love those AM cram sessions?

AMY: Good luck w/ WI tonite... STaying the same as last week would be great seeing as you had such a big drop!!!! Wondering what cool cardio you selected this evening....hmmmmmmmm LOWMAX?

BuffY;Gotta love our wimpy pups! - I'm sure you are not imagining your muscle definition... even my DH (who is so UNAWARE of any of my workout purchases) said last week...Boy your arms are buff this week}( GOTTA LOVE P90X
I have a Tanita bodyfat scale too... My scale says I'm at 31% BF but my caliper says 25%...... Of course I KNOW THE CALIPER IS ACCURATE:D
but truely you are correct about it not making a diff if its accurate... it really is just a measure of starting point to end point. BELIEVE you me I'll know by looking when I get my BF to 18% like I want!!!!! My upper body is probably closer to 20% but my lower is closer to 30% urrrrrrrrrrrr

Teddygirl: Did you look at the Amy Bento clips???? Cant believe you did Imax 2 the day after LowMax and then B&G tonite........WACKY DOODLE! Are you related to Sandra??????? You really are all over those workouts girl! Good for you....

Have a great evening all- Gotta get something on the table for dinner... will clean out fridge as DH & MIL are heading back to the killing fields... I mean the deer lease for the weekend so I dont have to cook!!!! YIPPEE:7

Doesn't everybody just love the scales and the impedence meters being so far off??? The impedence meters all measure me about 4% high - but at least they do it consistently, so if I mentally subtract 4% I know I'm in the ballpark.

My unofficial midweek weigh in today was high - 136.5. Arrgh!
Then I picked up the impedence meter and it said my bodyfat has gone down a percent, to 27.4%. I think I'm at about 24.4. I can tell. I want to be down to 18%, at least. I can see my core improving -- I have a horrible tendency to carry those little "soft" spots around my belly and right above my waistband in the back. I hate those! And I can see them going away in the morning and only coming part way back when I'm holding more fluids at night.

I love the progress Cathe's workouts are giving me, though. And I've only been working this intensity with her workouts for two weeks, so I think I still have lots of progress to make.

yep, I'm an addict!
Cheryl

Well, after being back in the ballgame, so to speak, for a bit over a week, I thought that I was ready to put my risers back in. NOT!! I started LIC warm up and went into the first combo with 1 set of risers.....ONE!!! After about 25 min I was topping my HR at 170 and wasn't feeling so hot, so I dropped out with the riser and went on to BM2 step. I really had to modify down just to keep my HR in the 150's!!! Even then I was stopping at every break to allow it to drop lower before starting again. Talk about an unintentional HIIT!!!

Anyway, WI went well... down another lb! DH went with me because there were some things he wanted to get done on that side of town (the town is so spread out that it takes us 40 min to drive to that side....no kidding!) so I didn't stay for the meeting. I had to laugh because there were quite a few that sounded disappointed that I wasn't going to stay. I guess I have become quite a fixture there over the past 2 years!!!

Traci-- Here's to hoping that DH and MIL come back next week with another empty bag!!! Man, your workout sounds super killer! I may have to try Amy Bento. I picked up 3 of Jari Love's workouts for practially a song at Ross ($4 each!!! even the new one 1000!) Funny you should mention LowMax, I am starting to think about that one again!

I also picked up a couple of other ones from "The Method" that were cardio, if I like them, great, if not, well, they were also only $4!

Cheryl- Sorry about the upward trend. I am also one of those that has the little soft spots around the middle, except my are from not being so padded with fat anymore!

Keep up the great work, ladies!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.