Weight Watchers check in thread

jloewe

Cathlete
Hi!!

A couple of posts on OD mentioned an interest in a WW check in thread, so I figured I'd start one. I'm beginning tomorrow, and am dying to learn the right way to eat and manage my portions. I've got Cathe to keep me in check exercise-wise, but my eating habits are nothing short of terrible at times, which is why I'm joining my wife and we're doing this together.

I'll be hopping on the scale tomorrow, and posting my results weekly, and will be in DIRE NEED OF SUPPORT!

Remember, "We're In This Together"..as Cathe says!

Yay! First WW post!

I read what you said on the "Peep" check-in about this being your last day before WW starts and not feeling like "splurging"... I feel the same way. My lovely DH bought be a bunch of chocolate and candy for Valentine's (which is very sweet of him, but on the other hand, he can obviously see that I don't NEED chocolate!), and I'm not sure what to do with it! I don't really feel like eating it. :(

Jerry, I know you said that weight loss wasn't necessarily your biggest goal with WW. Are you just looking to eat right and have some accountability?

I really need to lose about 70lbs... I had lost 40lbs last year with WW, but I really fell off the wagon around last August and gained all of it back. How awful is it that it took me 8 months to lose 40lbs, but it only took me about 4 months to gain it all back? Very frustrating!

Anyway, I'm going to a WW meeting tomorrow at 9:30AM (I have the day off). I'm interested to see-- but also really dreading seeing-- what my weight is. I've been avoiding scales since my last WW meeting in August! Yikes!!!

MC

Hey Jerry... I have been a WW member since last August, but have only reconfirmed my committment a few weeks ago with another Catheite, so I would be honored to join your WW check-in... nothing like having fellow "food challenged" Cathe members to support each other!

I am doing the Momentum program, which is just the modified version of the Points system... I still have not done all my homework on what the differences are, but have been logging in my eats (except since friday when I feel off the wagon) but starting tomorrow with re-starting STS with Cathe and everyone, I want to make it all count! Why put in all that work if I sabotage my own hard efforts with eating crappy!?

Thanks for starting the check in Jerry! Cheers to all of our successes!

Yay! First WW post!

I read what you said on the "Peep" check-in about this being your last day before WW starts and not feeling like "splurging"... I feel the same way. My lovely DH bought be a bunch of chocolate and candy for Valentine's (which is very sweet of him, but on the other hand, he can obviously see that I don't NEED chocolate!), and I'm not sure what to do with it! I don't really feel like eating it. :(

Jerry, I know you said that weight loss wasn't necessarily your biggest goal with WW. Are you just looking to eat right and have some accountability?

I really need to lose about 70lbs... I had lost 40lbs last year with WW, but I really fell off the wagon around last August and gained all of it back. How awful is it that it took me 8 months to lose 40lbs, but it only took me about 4 months to gain it all back? Very frustrating!

Anyway, I'm going to a WW meeting tomorrow at 9:30AM (I have the day off). I'm interested to see-- but also really dreading seeing-- what my weight is. I've been avoiding scales since my last WW meeting in August! Yikes!!!

MC

MC..

Yes, my WW committment is all about learning how to eat, and being more accountable for the choices I make. I know the scale is going to lie to me at times, but I also know that if I do what I'm supposed to do, I'll get the results I'm looking for!! Glad you joined the group!!

HI MC:

we posted at the same time, and i noticed you added some of your stats! I am down 10 #'s (+/-) since starting with Cathe's FitTV workouts last August, but have been gaining and losing the same 3 pounds since the Holidays.... I lost about 20#'s about 4 years ago doing WW, but that was when DH was away for the summers for his job, and I was responsible for my own eating and cooking... He's a gourmet cook, so has a tendancy to cook what I ask for, which seems to be high calorie, rich foods... Like he can't see I don't need cream sauces and fettuccini, but they are my favs!

I hear ya on the chocolate thing too... DH tries to be supportive on my weight loss goals, and I do know that he does not intentionally sabotage me by bringing home "stuff" that he knows I like, but really... :(

I would like to lose another 30 or so pounds to get to a high end of the goal weight for my height at 145 (which is 5' nothing and athletic build - I know it's in there somewhere under all this fluff)! With WW and STS how can we fail!?

Hey Jerry... I have been a WW member since last August, but have only reconfirmed my committment a few weeks ago with another Catheite, so I would be honored to join your WW check-in... nothing like having fellow "food challenged" Cathe members to support each other!

I am doing the Momentum program, which is just the modified version of the Points system... I still have not done all my homework on what the differences are, but have been logging in my eats (except since friday when I feel off the wagon) but starting tomorrow with re-starting STS with Cathe and everyone, I want to make it all count! Why put in all that work if I sabotage my own hard efforts with eating crappy!?

Thanks for starting the check in Jerry! Cheers to all of our successes!

Dani...

Boy, did you hit the nail on the head with something you just posted, it's something I've always asked myself, yet never followed through on....we're already doing something great for ourselves by working out with the leader in in-home (and fitness in general, IMHO) fitness..why then are we sabotaging our efforts with the food choices.

We're all human, and we'll all need support for those times we give in....it isn't about beating yourself up for falling off the horse, it's about how quickly you dust off and hop back on!!! Welcome to the check-in!!

HI MC:

we posted at the same time, and i noticed you added some of your stats! I am down 10 #'s (+/-) since starting with Cathe's FitTV workouts last August, but have been gaining and losing the same 3 pounds since the Holidays.... I lost about 20#'s about 4 years ago doing WW, but that was when DH was away for the summers for his job, and I was responsible for my own eating and cooking... He's a gourmet cook, so has a tendancy to cook what I ask for, which seems to be high calorie, rich foods... Like he can't see I don't need cream sauces and fettuccini, but they are my favs!

I hear ya on the chocolate thing too... DH tries to be supportive on my weight loss goals, and I do know that he does not intentionally sabotage me by bringing home "stuff" that he knows I like, but really... :(

I would like to lose another 30 or so pounds to get to a high end of the goal weight for my height at 145 (which is 5' nothing and athletic build - I know it's in there somewhere under all this fluff)! With WW and STS how can we fail!?

Have to be honest here...I blame myself for DW falling off the WW wagon a few years ago, I was King of the Sabotagers...that won't happen again!

Have to be honest here...I blame myself for DW falling off the WW wagon a few years ago, I was King of the Sabotagers...that won't happen again!

I also need to add that it is not ALL DH's problem or his fault by any means, just doesn't help when there are things in the house that I really LOVE, but find that the word 'moderation' isn't in my vocabulary when these things are concerned.

I am ultimately responsible for what I put into my mouth and how I fuel my body! I need to step up and own that. DH has the best intentions and is only trying to please me, and I love him dearly for that, and I should never put that burden on his shoulders... and if we never set the goals, we can NEVER achieve anything! Step one accomplished!

So, we all have some new habits to learn, some bad habits to break, and some Catheites to help us out along the way!

I agree, we are all human and will sometimes fall short of our own expectations and goals, but it is how we recover from those trials that will make us a success! :) Step one accomplished

Good afternoon everyone:) Today is such a bad day food wise. I seem to go off track on the weekend:mad: But I forgive myself and try and start over again.

Jerry what plan are you doing? I know their use to be a plan called core but not sure what it's call now. I'm doing the momentum plan which is kinda like the old flex plan. I really like WW because you eat how you always eat but in moderation. It is a lifestyle change forever. I think you will do good because you have your wife's support and of course right here at the cathe nation. Good luck to you and I will check in later and tomorrow:)

Hi everyone. I would love to join a weight watchers check in. I was happy with my weight a couple years ago but my weight had creeped back up to 193 pounds. I would like to get down to the 150s. I just signed up for weight watchers online a couple weeks ago. A check in on the Cathe board to keep me motivated would be fun. I spend a lot of time working out and would like to start looking like it!

Hi everyone. I would love to join a weight watchers check in. I was happy with my weight a couple years ago but my weight had creeped back up to 193 pounds. I would like to get down to the 150s. I just signed up for weight watchers online a couple weeks ago. A check in on the Cathe board to keep me motivated would be fun. I spend a lot of time working out and would like to start looking like it!

Hi and welcome to the Weight Watcher check-in. I was also happy with my weight a few years back until I gained a lot of weight. I join Weight Watcher online a few months ago. I just started the STS program so I am hoping this will help me lose weight and get in shape again:). Like I said in my other reply I am having a hard time on the weekend which I need to work on. So maybe this check-in will really help all of us.

Hi,

I'm so glad you started a WW check-in! I've been in the online WW since the first of the year and would love a group to help keep me on track. I have about 50# to lose, ultimately. I lost it two years ago with WW, but have also gained it back. Staying motivated seems to be my problem. I'm also doing the STS program; wow, what a workout.

Becky

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.