Weight Watchers Check In- Sunday 10/29

alsrnbsn

Cathlete
Good Morning all!

Did you remember to change your clocks???? It's not like I could forget! I had to run around and do it myself in my patient's rooms.

Anyway, I though that I would let Traci sleep in this morning and start us off early!

It's been a pretty nice night so far. I have 2 patients of my own and have been helping another nurse with a very, very, very sick one of theirs.

Will check in with you all when I get home this morning.....hopefully it won't be as eventful a trip home as it was yesterday!

Morning Amy & all to follow!
Thanks for the sleep in Amy!!! Regardless of time change when the clock says 3:30 I am WIDE AWAKE! urrrrr

Lookingforward to another beautiful cool day (70) in Houston! We get about 12 "perfect" days a year... This week is it for awhile. Will Mow Lawns and do my 60 minute cardio then its CLEAN MAX...

Yesterday posts:
Jane: Great job on so much Imax 3 progress! Hope you get results from Fat Burn Focus... Thats ALOT of cardio. I think you're the first on our board to get new DVDs so we want the scoop! 29 flexies on 1 meal makes me really WANT that meal!!!! It'ss be burned up in no time...

Corinne: Bear w/ your MIS class if you can... $$ gone and who knows what tidbit of info you may learn that will help you out down the road! Stay as centered as possible waiting for Tuesday.. the waiting game is truely the hardest part... as women I think we tend to create a zillion scenarios in our head during this time...just remember that regardless of what happens on Tuesday you and your mom are strong women and you will make it thru whatever life will toss.

Cheryl: Rest Days are GREAT arent they??? Eating terrible may not be as detrimental as you think.... You are still 10 steps ahead of where you were before. You are welcome on the WW post... I really enjoy learning how complex each of our bodies are in this process.

Jennifer: Glad you checked in again! I think your thoughts on APs may be dead on for me...we'll soon see as that is my 4 week "theory" in this rotation I've started. I have found that my consistent 1-2 # losses occur when I eat around 1400-1600 daily (about 28-32 pts) this is just too much food for me to eat so I slide below it and stall my losses... This month w/ lower cardio burn I am hoping to eat 1200-1400calories (about 24-28 pts) thats manageable for me.
Thanks for link!!!I will check out the site this morning... My interest has changed from wt loss to nutrition and sports nutrition... I think thats a good sign!

Amy: Hope marathon shift didnt wipe you out too much... LOL on "piddly 60 min cardio".... You read my mind! I'm already saying... Is it worth the time to sweat for 45 minutes? LOLOLOL Thats why I added Lawn Max today!!!!

Hugs to all!

Good morning Traci and Amy....

Amy - I hope your trip home this morning is smooth and uneventful. I didn't set my clocks back, I'd already laid down to watch some TV with DH and before I knew it, I was gone! With my extra hour last night, I slept 10 1/2 hours! I was exhausted, didn't sleep well the two nights before.

Traci - Yes that was some meal, I usually limit myself to two hushpuppies and never eat onion rings but I just didn't want to resist last night. Some times you have to give in for mental health sake. As long as it isn't a daily or even weekly thing, I think it's okay.

Today is MuscleMax for me. I am really looking forward to a "no-cardio" day!

Have a good one!

Hello to Amy, Traci, Jane and all that follow. :)

Do you remember me?? :7

Well I think I have my life back now. The party I organized went off without a hitch. I work for a commercial construction company on a jobsite. We have approx. 500 workers and held a "topping off" or "workers appreciation" party for all of them complete with BBQ and t-shirts. It took much planning but I got many compliments.

Eating has been well but due to the hours I was working the workouts were tossed aside. I am back to it today and lord only knows what kind of shape I'll be in afterwards. :D

I think Low Max and probably Core Max are on tap for me today. Then I can sit down and plan out my week.

To whomever suggested the Naturally More PB a week or so ago... THANK YOU! I picked it up and yummy, I am enjoying the heck out of it.

Well, I must get to cleaning. DH is at the NASCAR race today so it is on me to get this place whipped into shape. It like many other things was neglected over the last few weeks.

Have a great Sunday and I hope to be able to participate more often in this wonderful group. :)

Hi Jane & Kirsten!

Jane enjoy MM... that one makes me sweat so its like an "easy" cardio...ha

Kirsten: You've been missed around here girl! Congrats on pulling off such a huge party! I need you for my annual "IN LAW" Xmas... 35 people- more than half under the age of 10!!!!!! Its a nightmare planning and preparing....all that work but its a no alcohol party (cuz of all the kids) Now since I'm the hostess I have quite a few bloody Marys before the gang arrives}( Have a great Lowmax kinda day...a fun way to get back into it all.... I wish I could have found Amys PB recommendation... not in my walmart but going to try Kroger later this week.... Did get some soy butter but havent popped it open yet...I need Claude to get me rolling!

Another good morning!

This morning's trip home was uneventful!

Kirsten- I am so glad that you are enjoying that PB. I am almost through my first jar (I picked up 2). I am a HUGE crunchy PB fan and the flax seeds give me that crunch! Enjoy LM, I still haven't put it back in my rotation.

Jane- MM no cardio! HA! I just did MM on Friday and according to my HRM, I burned 600 calories!!! It's all legs! I hope you have a great time at it!

Traci- I hope that you will be able to find that PB. Enjoy your weather! It's really pretty here, in the upper 50's and clear! I just wish that I could stay awake and enjoy it!

Everyone else, I hope that you have a good day and I will check in tonight from work if I am able.

Amy: Glad your ride home was uneventful! Have a good rest...

I did it gang! I did only 53minutes of cardio!!!!!!! I was actually really ready to stop...my legs are still burning from yesterday.
Anyway...Here's a great HIGH INTENSITY "quickie"
Warm Up + Cardio Only of High Step Training (17min)
Cardio Only (Intensity Drills & High Intensity Drills) KPC Timesaver 4 DVD (26min)
Cardio Only High Step Circuit (really a great cooldown) (10 min)

It was much higher intensity than I thought but short enough to not kill you!

Off to do the back yard then shower time... DH & 2 furry boys should be home from bay by then.

Traci - that sounds like a good "HI" quickie.... it reminded me of something I saw on one of Cathe's rotations. This, however, is NOT a quickie and may indeed kill you.... }( }( Look on the end of her July 2004 rotation!!}( ... the bonus challenge.

Jane: OHHHHHHHHH You're makin me want to do kick-bu** cardio again!!! Look how FUN this one looks gang... Maybe a great thing to do Thanksgiving Morning! or as a way to burn up those holiday party cocktail calories....

Bonus Challenge:
On any given day when you are feeling extra energetic, have these workout portions cued up and ready to go:

Do your own 7 minute step warm up, then:

MIC Step Interval Blast Challenge (found at the end of workout)
Rhythmic Step Challenge (found at the end of workout)
Step Blast Challenge (found at the end of workout)
High Intensity Cardio Portion of KPC
Drills at end of Cardio Kicks
CTX Kickbox (cardio portion only)
Abs and stretch from KPC

While you two ladies are off in cardio land....I am off to find some thing to do with my lower body......Cathe-wise! ;)

Come on, guys, I have to go to work soon!}( ;)

Wow at that set up Miss Traci. I think my heart just stopped! :7

Today was fairly productive. Grocery shopping and house cleaning. I got Low Max and the first Core Max in, it felt GREAT!

Gonna take my 4-legged girls for a walk here in a bit but right now I am chilling out, listening to a preview of the new Sugarland CD and enjoying a nice cup of hot tea.

I am really going through a bit of a battle on the WW front. Not sure what to do. I feel as if counting points and WI day are seriously controlling my life and I wonder about all of that. Case in point, I am afraid to lift weights because I know I'll show the gain from the water retention. Logically I know, I do. Maybe I am just burnt on it all.

Although I still have weight to lose I really want to focus more on exercise and getting physcially fit. I feel that the dreaded Saturday AM WI is hindering that because I don't want to show that gain on the scale.

Anyone been there? Have some advice?

I would appreciate any that you do have. :)

Hi, everyone - sounds like everyone's having a fun Sunday.

Amy, you are so lucky to have the new workouts already there!
I'm very impressed if you can do very much at all of IMAX 3. I've decided it's just too high impact and the choreography is too tricky for me.

This morning I did 45 minutes on the TM. I may do one of the Stretch Max segments a little later. I'm ready for one of the circuit workouts again tomorrow a.m.

Traci, sounds like you're having a nice Sunday! I am so interested in your experience of stalling your weightloss if you drop below 1400-1600 calories a day... I might have to consider trying that as well.

Kristin, I'm with you on wanting to get really fit the very most. I'm not sweating the numbers on the weigh-ins so much this last several weeks, but welcoming the chance to get stronger and fitter. I can see such strides with the Cathe workouts.

Anyway, have a great night, everyone!
Cheryl

Kristin: I definitely know the feeling of being tempted to forgo those good things for our body (eating more than our points allotment, being well-hydrated, weight lifting, etc.) that may impact us short-term on the scale. When it comes to a choice between my long-term health and that temporary number on the scale, though, I choose health. Eventually the numbers will catch up :). And even if they don't fully catch up, the numbers that count (i.e. cholesterol levels, glucose levels, blood pressure, etc.) will definitely reflect the good you're doing for your body.

:)

Jennifer

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.