Weight Watchers Check-In Saturday 8/19

alsrnbsn

Cathlete
Yes, I am still up, but then I get paid to stay up at night on the weekends:7 .

Anyway, I hope all of you have a good Saturday!

I haven't decided what I want to do for a workout when I get up this afternoon. Something cardio. It won't be running regardless of the weather, I have already packed the running shoes for the trip (weather in Chicago-land sounds heavenly!!!)

I also went to Sam's Club after my meeting Thursday night and bought waffle floor mats for the living room. After stepping up the workouts with Cathe, I started realizing that the carpet friction put too much torque on my ankles, so ricochets, pivots, over & backs and the like started making my outer ankle hurt. Plus carpet over concrete doesn't help! Today will be the maiden voyage!

Stay OP, gang!!!

Good morning!!!!!!!!! I believe it's going to be a cool and cloudy Saturday here in Minnesota, but hopefully no rain. I'm playing in a women's golf tourney and getting quite excited now that I'm waking up a bit.;-) After 18 holes of golf (I wish we could walk it, but we need to take carts to keep it moving in a timely manner) I am then headed off to dinner out with my DH and another couple. This will be a huge test for me today, especially the out to eat part!!! Keep all fingers crossed! :)

I'm feeling so bloated and lethargic lately, not sure why but it has been quite humid here and I think that just drags me down a bit more than usual. I have kept just about all of my flex points for today, so if I do indulge a little I should be able to cover it with the points. :) I will also have a few days I can really get some great workouts in, too, to help with any excess. But, I'm not looking at that as my way out either, no excuses - I'm going to be GOOD!

Have a great day everyone! I won't be back because I'm not coming home after the tourney - straight out to eat, so have a fabulous OP day!

Marcia.

Marcia- I hope that you have a great tourney! You'll do great on the eating out part! Just make sure you decide what you are going to eat and then remember to ask the waitstaff for NO butter/oil and the like (that's the part I always forget). Lots of veggies help. I hope that you got plenty of ideas for travelling snacks for the "road" too!!!

Morning everyone!

I did it, I got up and actually worked out today. I did PP just as planned and am really happy that I did. Now I just have to pack, clean, run errands and ..., oh yeah, leave!

Yesterday was pretty good for points. I had a dinner out and had a really tough time deciding on a meal. It was my first time at this restaurant and it's privately owned, not a chain, so I couldn't get any menu info up front. EVERYTHING was served with a butter sauce or cream sauce. I finally settled on a grilled chicken (hold the sauce), sauteed veggies (hold the butter), and salad (dressing on the side please). When she brought the salad, the dressing had about two inches of oil on top. So I asked the waitress for an empty dressing container to drain off the extra oil. I think she started to get impatient at this point, but she did bring me a glass. Then one of the ladies I was eating with asked if she could use the glass to dump her extra oil too. See, healthy eating is contagious!

Amy - what do you do that requires you to stay up at night?

Marcia - have fun golfing!

The dude ranch claims they have wireless internet, but it's up in the mountains so I'm not sure how good the connection will be. If I can and if I have time, I might checkin. If not, have a great week everyone!!

Claude

"Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." Satchel Paige

Good Morning!!!

Good for you Claude on making healthy choices. I always ask the waitstaff a lot of questions about how this or that is prepared. My DH gets a kick out of how I order this or that without sauce or on the side.

Marcia, have a great day golfing. I love being outside doing physical things. It just makes me feel healthy. I'm going for a hike tomorrow. We have some beautiful trails up here in Vermont and I love to take advantage of the nice summer weather since they are short here.

Today I'll do ME/BC combo which I was supposed to do yesterday. I ended up doing Cardio Coach 6 (with Sean) yesterday instead. Once I got out to my gym its just what I felt like doing.

Going to a dinner party tonite. I know the hosts are making grilled chicken. I think I volunteer to bring a healthy side and skip the alcohol and dessert (I had enough of that last nite. LOL).

Have a great day to all.

Buffy

I have no problems at all with making specific requests regarding the food that I am going to eat and pay for. The waitstaff is there specifically for this purpose and if they get huffy and impatient with all my requests, I ask to see the manager and then apologize to the manager for making the waitstaff do their job!}( I know it sounds mean, but honestly, I am going to pay for the food, I want it made the way I want it!!!

Claude- Have a great trip! Be safe!! Oh, I work nights as an Open Heart/Trauma/ICU nurse. I have done this for 11 years and love it! I have tried working days, and absolutely HATE the chaos (most of is generated by the staff working), but LOVE nights!!!

Buffy- good luck at dinner tonight! I hope you have a great workout too!

"See" all you tonight!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.