Weight Watchers Check In- Saturday, 11/11

alsrnbsn

Cathlete
Good Morning, fellow WWers!!!

Well, I finished of yesterday's post, albiet with much frustration, so I figured, "Why not start this morning's?"

Work has been pretty good tonight, I ended up with only 1 patient that is ready to go out to the floor, although probably won't today. That's a constant source of frustration is the docs don't transfer in a timely manner....they sit on them and let them sit in the ICU for days (especially over the weekends) because they don't want to get bombarded with phone calls from the floor nurses! Of course, it's not *always* such a bad thing, especially when it's time to float!

Well, not much else to add from what I said "yesterday". I hope that you all have a good day! I will try to sleep through an airshow flying over my house all day!!!x(

Hi Amy: I was reading your final Friday post as you were posting today! LOLOLOL about dad & "bathroom". I do homecare work for Hospice and the first thing we ask every patient is How many BMs have you had today?" In training class it is always a source of laughter... We just dont realize how critical all that stuff is until we can no longer do it! Glad your dad is hanging tough... I'm sure it will be hard to see his physical changes..When my mom was so sick last year and I went home she had dropped 60 pounds, lost her hair .... that is something you just arent prepared to see. I wish I had had my sister send me a photo just so I could have prepared myself. The GOOD new is that when I saw her once she was on the mend the looked AWESOME and HEALTHY again! Your parents sure love you - I can tell. Funny about the WT.... I always ask my mom before a visit " Now what wt would you like me to be at cuz for 43 years you see me get off the plane and you either so Oh Honey you're so Skinny or you say Oh Honey you're getting old (as my love handles are pinched).... lololololololol

Anyway... Gonna close this one out and more personals on next post...COFFEE REFILL TIME!

Happy Saturday to ALL!!! I am out of house at 630am to go prep a site for our Annual ALS (lou Gherigs Disease) Fund raising Walk.

Have YOGA X and a little added cardio on todays line up when I return. DH took the 3 kids (dogs) to bay to go duck hunting and give me some down time. This ttom hormones were especially difficult and he is so good about giving me some space to just get thru it. This morning I feel like I am starting to get balanced again.

Jane: Congrats on getting ENVOY back but sounds like you need many naps this weekend to keep yourself healthy & sane!

Claude: LOLOL I SWEAR I have that same dolphin seat on my bay toilet! The gift card idea is GENIUS! I'll get him one to a sporting goods store THANK YOU!!! Todays delimma of B&G or GS Legs is easily resolved by just doing BOTH! }( Not that I would mind you but you go right ahead & report back painter chick;-)

Madam X: Enjoy your 6 miler today.... Exactly how long does that take you???

Teddygirl: OK Whats your final decision on P90 rotation??? I laughed so hard when you were on Open Discussion Forum.... I thought, this girl REALLY IS CRAZY! Adding MIS to P90.... You are one determined woman!

Sandra: LOL Imax 4 is right on! I think that segment will be a great add-on for all the die hards in cardio land!

Cheryl: Your dream of finding a role in helping women sounds similar to mine. I've dabbled in various ways over the years but they all turned into "corporate" stuff. I am still searching for my perfect role. DREAM BIG!

Buffy: YOU NUTS-O! Added Firewalkers to Legs & Back... + Abs + CC???? Whats up w/ all that? Are you taking new supplements? :+ Congrats on your new purchases... Can anyone say BODY BUILDING WOMAN?
I decided against the pull up bar. My final decision hit when I considered my overall body goals and BACK just isnt a major issue for me. I am already seeing definition that I lacked by using the band over door method and I can always add on some heavy wts back work. That will do me just fine. I am much more into shoulders, triceps & biceps for my body type so thats where I will stay focused.
I really do want to hear your great results tho by using the bar.
DID you take BEFORE pics? I wish I had but didnt really think I'd be as in love and committed to the routine.... Maybe I should even tho I'm on day 11.

Have a great day all & I'll check back in after the ALS Walk is completed.

Good Morning!

Traci - You must have read my mind about the before pictures. I didn't take any either but I'm going to do it today. BTW, I'm also feeling my back from using the bands. I loop my over the treadmill bar and sit on the floor. It works really well. I'll probably still do some of that but I'd really like to be able to do a pull up (or two). I've never done one before (without assistance) so it just a goal I'd like to reach. Someday.

I'm really feeling DOMs in my glutes this morning. I've really noticed my backside getting alot firmer and lifted. Oh glory days. I carry my weight back there which I don't really mind but I really have to stay on top of my lower body workouts so everything doesn't migrate downward. Know what I mean?

Eating was good yesterday. I ate about 27 pts. but since I had a bunch of AP's I only used one flexie. Tonite is sushi nite. Yippeee!!!

My workout today will be KenpoX and maybe some upper body (everything but back); maybe PUB. I will also to Ab Ripper. Hoping DH will put my Tower together but I'm trying not to nag.

Have great workouts all and a great OP day!!

Buffy

Morning all -

OK, Traci, I did think about doing both B&G and GS Legs, but my legs were total jello after B&G so I think I'll skip GS Legs for now. I'm dressed and ready to face the chilly Nov weather for leaf duty today. I figure that will finish off my lower body (and some upper) really well today.

Amy - so glad to hear that your Dad is handling treatments well, and seeing improvements - that's even better. Don't let them discourage you, afterall they love you and want you to be healthy and happy. They just don't understand where you need to be.

Buffy - I'd love to see before and after pics. Sometimes you really need to see the physical evidence of the improvements you've made. PS if I don't feel DOMS from B&G tomorrow, I won't understand - my legs were shaking after almost every exercise. I'm just now getting the feeling back in them and it's been an hour and a half since I finished my workout!

Well, the leaves are calling so off I go!

Claude

"Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." Satchel Paige

Good morning, everyone!!

Claude, you really did think about doing B&G AND GS legs? Girl, that's nutso!! :) I will be very lucky if I make it through B&G even once.

Amy, I'm laughing at your post about the bathroom....

Traci, sounds like you're set for a wonderful day. Yoga sounds perfect. Let's stay in touch on the life goals - who knows what we might figure out?

Madame X, you and I were thinking alike on our workouts today... congrats on the 6 mile run :)

Yayyy, for Saturday!!! Except my rear end still hurts like crazy from Drill Max and my running partner got sick and stayed home. So I ran for 60 minutes, 45 of it on the treadmill (weightloss program, level 9) and then did Stretch Max 2. The run had me dripping, but it was closer to active rest... so it was a good plan for today, even though it wasn't the two hour long run I'd intended.

Weigh in news is great! 134.5, which is down 3.3 from last weekend. So upping the calories to 1600 plus a treat on Sunday seems to be the winning ticket while I'm working out this hard.

Here's to a wonderful weekend!!

Cheryl

Good job, Claude. I'll tell you I felt the same way after B&G. You'll feel it tomorrow for sure.

Buffy

Hello,

I was in the middle of a big post this morning, when DH decided to fiddle with the electrical box in the basement and cut the power to the computer. Grrrr. So, this will be a shorter post.

Buffy - please don't get me wrong about Butts and Guts. I'm certainly feeling DOMS from that workout, just not enough to cripple me. I think the difference is that I don't have hamstring DOMS, which I always get from the full leg workouts (GS and PLB especially). My butt is talking to me, though, and my obliques are surprisingly tender. I rarely feel oblique DOMS, so I consider this a good thing.

You're a fun, upbeat crowd today. I love reading your posts.

This morning I decided to give Cardio Fusion a whirl. I made up a version of this workout using my dvd/vcr combo player, and the workout breakdown that someone posted a couple of weeks ago. I copied the portions of the dvds into one workout on a vhs tape. Worked like a charm. The workout, btw, was a hoot. A hoot and a holler. I loved the Drill Max drills. I suspect, though, that they will feel tougher when you put all that other stuff between them, as she does in the full DM workout. The drill with the stability ball is probably my favourite. Tomorrow's my rest day, but I have the full DM workout on the plan for Monday morning. I'm very excited about doing it.

ETA: I think I'm going use this dvd/vcr technique to create a cardio workout that circuits the Low Impact Step cardios with the BodyMax2 power circuit cardios. And maybe add some of the Drill Max drills, too. I don't know. The possibilities are endless.

Well, it's taken me an hour to write this email, because of all the stuff I've had to do at the same time. So, I'll close. Have a great weekend!

Exeunt Sandra.

Sandra - You are defintely right about the lack of hamstring DOMs with B&G. I didn't get those either. All my DOMs were in by butt. Maybe we should add in some dead lifts to the end of that one.

Buffy

Buffy, Good idea. I'm thinking, also, that if I add on the bonus leg presses and sit 'n stands that she tucked away after the bonus core segment, I might end up feeling it in my hamstrings more. But frankly, I'm happy to be able to do the workout, and still do a decent cardio the next day! :)

Sandra

Hello hello gang..... I've had a busy day!! I finally went to bed at 12:30 last night and passed out, woke up at 7 and got out of bed at 10 til 8. 6 1/2 hrs sleep after the day I had yesterday was not enough but once I'm awake, that's it, no more sleeping.

Amy - I hope you got some sleep and the air show didn't keep you up.

Traci - How did the ALS walk go?

Buffy - I having some DOMS in my glutes already from DrillMax this afternoon. B&G tomorrow... GULP!

Claude - when I saw B&G and GS Legs in the same sentence... it was painful to just read!!! I searched the threads up and down to see who had done this! I figured Traci had but she just suggested you do it! :p :p My mind won't even go there.... those two shouldn't even be on the same shelf together!!

Cheryl - another sore hindy here from DrillMax:p

Sandra - it sounds like you have found something to keep you VERY busy.... ohhhh the mishmoshes that await to be born!!! You asked about my tea..... I have found the most heavenly place on earth to buy tea. It is called Teavana.

Here the link -

http://www.teavana.com/

They have one in Charlotte at SouthPark Mall... the only one in NC.

My daughter and SIL went there today (I had too much to do and way too tired to go along). I had DD pick up some Aztec Fire for me.

http://www.teavana.com/Herbal+Teas/cid=49/shop.axd/Products

Here the link for it... chocolate, strawberries with crushed pepper pods to give it that little "bite"...ohh it is soooo good.

I like to mixed them together as they do in the store.... the banana calypso goes so well with the Honeybush Vanilla.... Plum Harvest with Rooibios Sweet Amore.... best tea in the world!

I have a date with a ton of laundry to fold and then I'm going to bed!!! See you in the morning.

Jane- that tea sounds wonderful! Thanks for the link!

Claude- B&G AND GS legs, are you crazy, woman!!! Even to ponder it is beyond me!!!

Sandra- I am sorry that your DH interrupted your important computer time! What's up with that??? I like your idea of the mish moshes! I do that now, but with my 5 disc changer I had to get in September. Of course it takes some time to go from one disc to the next, but it works and it gives me an opportunity to bring the HR down.

I am having hamstring DOMS from PH yesterday which is a bit pathetic because I couldn't even use weights for part of the lunges! Oh, well, when I am back, I know that my muscle memory will kick in. Tonight was another mish mosh of the new workouts. DM warmup, on to BM2 (I really love this step routine!) and I did the first section of the Power Circuits without the blast, then on to the bonus cardio of LIC then back to the CF version of the BM2 step routine. All told it was 72 min of great cardio and 721 cal on the HRM! Whew!!! Boy was I soaked, too!!

I slept GREAT today!!! DH dug out his ear mufflers from when he used to go to the firing range....could hear a thing! I was a little nervous that I wouldn't hear my alarm! Those with my eye mask, I looked like a stooge in bed, but I slept awesome!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.