Weight Watchers Check in - Monday 10/16

fitme2006

Cathlete
Good morning ladies! :)

Is it Monday already???

Thought I'd get us going. This may be the only time I have today. It promises to be a busy day and then we have a luncheon at our corporate office at noon.

My company was named one of the 50 best companies in the US to work (among small and medium companies) for the 3rd year in a row so of course we must celebrate with food! :) The corporate office is 45is minutes away so it promises to cut into my day. Eh, free food.

I have my day planned other than the luncheon because I have no idea what we'll be having. But I have 7 dailies and a planned 4-5 AP's to pull from so I should be fine (I hope). :)

Well it is off to the shower. I hope you ladies have a wonderful OP day and I hope to visit later.

Kirsten- Congrats on your company's success! Sounds like a solid plan for your lunch points... ENJOY!

We are flooding in Houston today... had 5" at my house in past 3 hours w/ ADDITIONAL 7" hitting throughout the day.... Good news is I dont have to go out and about, bad news is I may lose internet service later;(
Look out Amy its heading your way tomorrow!

So happy to be back although as of this morning I am up 5 pounds.... hopefully some of that is tail end of ttom....

Will be doing a SB/SJP Premix I found I hadnt done yet}( Its 85 minute Circuit called Step. HiLo, Weights Circuit 2.... That should help me kick out some of those nasty sugars I devoured last week.

Have a great morning to all that follow!:)

Good morning everyone:

I'm coming back from battling the flu for the past day and a half - YUCK. My DH and I planned a romantic getaway and I got the flu. UGh, talk about a downer!!!! Belive it or not, most times we've tried to getaway for a weekend I do end up with the flu. We decided maybe we should be more spontaneous and I would be lucky and not get sick.

But, feeling better today and back to the same ol' same ol'.

As a true woman addicted to the scale, I did step on it before I went to bed last night because I KNEW it would be low because there was nothing left in my system. I'm sick in the head, I know, but it was nice to see a low number, even though I KNOW it will go up when I can actually eat again.

I hope everyone has a great day - Tracy, be careful with all that rain, I hope you don't get any in your basement or anything.

Take care - be back later.
Marcia.

Marcia:
I am so sorry about your flu bug! Isnt it weird how a little planned down time can spark that kind of stuff... My DH actually asked me if he could change our anniversary as my ttom has fallen on that day for 2 years! hahahaahaha
I told him that w/ peri-menopause it would just change itself to whatever the date is! :+

I had to laugh about the scale... I do the same thing when I've been sick.... guess we all have that crazy addiction to some extent!

Good morning gang....

Kirsten - have fun at the office party. We have a department luncheon sometime the first of November which isn't too bad but the hospital-wide Christmas party held on a day in early December is another story. The entire cafeteria is turned into a winter wonderland with food everywhere! Anything you can imagine. A whole room is devoted to nothing but desserts, hundreds of cheesecake of every favor under the sun. It is so hard to go to that thing but I wouldn't miss it.

Traci - oh my goodness Traci, the rain you are getting! I need to look at the weather forecast, I'm in NC.

Marcia - sorry about the flu messing up your plans. Don't worry about the scale addiction, I think we all have it!

I need to stay close to OP today. I did very well yesterday but Friday and Saturday I dug into my flexies quite a bit. I have two days left and 8 flex points left. I am using my flex pts a little more now that I am experimenting with only eat 4 AP's a day.

Also I need some advice/strategies... I am going out of town on Thursday and will be gone through Sunday. We eat out everyday and the show ground (going to a horse show in Ohio) has a carnival-like atmosphere with food stands everywhere, one in particular **groan**, the Sweet Shop. They have a hot apple dumpling with ice cream and a hot cinnamon bun with lots of icing as big as your head.

I usually make an a$$ of myself and add to that particular body part on vacation since I seem to lose my mind... I have that "well I've already messed up, I might as well eat everything in sight" mentality unfortunately.

I have to say though this is my first vacation since I start the meetings, I do have a whole new level to be accountable to, not just myself.

So what do you do on vacation about this?

Jane-
A foodies dream!!!!!! Unfortunately most foodies arent on WW!
Here's my .02
Option A: If you know you cant or dont choose to resist all those food booths how about making a deal w/ whoever you are with....
Buy 1 eat 1/2 (share everything!)
Option B: Take a small over the shoulder insulated bag w/ your preferred snacks & munchies (may help cut an unhealthy choice or 2)

BTW: The Winter wonderland at work sounded so cute! I'm a sucker for that stuff!

Good Morning!!

Welcome back, Traci. We missed you. Hope your weather dries out soon.

Had a great weekend. Only used 7.5 flexies and don't plan on using any more during the week. I'm trying not to use all of my flexies and see if that will increase my weight loss rate. I've lost 3.2 pounds since starting WW in August, but, goodness, this is October. I think I can lose more quickly if I'm a little bit more restrictive with my flexies. We'll see.

Did cardio coach #4 this morning. Whoah, that one is a killer. Very little rest between sprints and hills. Left me gasping for air, but, felt great. I'll do some abs after work.

Have a great day.

Buffy

Morning everyone -
This am was GS Chest & Tris. I'm feeling it already - I expect some big time DOMS tomorrow.

Jane - ohhh that apple dumpling sounds delightful:9!! My strategy would be to share it with DH. Since it's a once in a while treat you may as well enjoy. Then plan on healthy snacks and meals. Since you already know what types of food they serve, decide now what you'll eat and what you'll stay away from. Is there a grocery store with a salad bar close by? Maybe you could do that as an alternate meal one day? And then pack low point snacks, even a couple of low point treats that you can indulge in when some temptation becomes too strong. Good luck! I actually find it easier to stay OP at things like that if I tell the people I'm with that I'm on WW. Because I know they are watching what I'm eating, I tend to be better - silly, right? But it works for me.

Traci - That's a ton of rain. Stay dry! I see you're back to your old workouts. Whew thanks for taking the pressure off me - I just couldn't keep it up!! :p

Amy - I'm with your coworker, I'll take the sweets everytime! Enjoy those DOMS!!

Kirsten - congrats on working for a great company! Hope the luncheon goes well.

Marcia - so sorry about the flu bug:-(. Feel better soon!

Chrissy - welcome! Sorry I can't be much help on the core plan. I like too much variety in the foods I eat - I found it too limiting. But I know people at my meeting who swear by it. They can't stand the counting and feel they have more freedom with Core. But either way, we're here to support you!

Buffy - love that CC#4! Even though it's only 3.2 lbs, it's still progress. Give yourself credit for moving forward!

Have a great Monday everyone!!

Claude

"Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." Satchel Paige

Good morning,

Well, I'm pleased as punch to write that this morning I did GS Chest - and matched Cathe pound for pound, rep for rep. I took one extra 8 count break between the 10 and 8 sets of push ups, but that was my only modification this time around. I've never been able to get through all those presses and flies using 20lb dumbbells; always had to drop to 15s at some point. Woohoo. My arms, incidentally, are fried.

After that, I did IMAX. An old friend. I used to about die during the plyo jack and power lunge intervals; these days they feel like a nice stretch in the old legs. Seeing that kind of progress is such a motivation. Bring on Drill Max and BodyMax2!!

Traci - welcome back!! Tell us more about your vacation. Yes, I'm loving the swimming. My only regret is that I can only go once a week. And the coach is some lovely eye candy...(except that I don't wear my contact lenses, so he looks all blurry - so maybe he's not as cute as I think he is LOL!). That SJP/SB premix is a great one (but then, they're all wonderful). Enjoy! And stay afloat!

Jane - thanks for the link to the WW recipe. It's very similar, isn't it? I think I like my version better - love the figs :) OMG the apple dumpling made me groan. Those are one of my all-time favourite foods. Can you plan to have, perhaps, one-half of a dumpling or a cinnamon bun at the end of your vacation, if you keep to your points the rest of the time?

Buffy - you were able to get butternut squash at a restaurant? Wow. I love squash of all kinds, but don't think I've ever seen it on a menu. I've only lost 5 pounds since Aug 21 (2 months ago). It's a slow loss, to be sure, but at least it's steady. We need to remember that. This means that in 2 more months, we'll be that much lighter again.

Jennifer - the smoothie sounds yummy. I'm sorry you had such a rough run yesterday. Why aren't our bodies machines, to perform as we want them to??

Kirsten - I ended up taking a rest day yesterday. With my knee talking to me like that, I thought I'd better listen. I'm so moody on rest days, though. I hate them. But, the body needs it, right? How were the burritos? I have chicken burritos planned for some day this week. I hope you have a better week than last, and your .2 pounds is gone by next Sunday. "Blam blam!!"

Claude - what is CC#4 like? Intervals? Steady state? The only problem with taking the adult gym class is that DD's class is also on Tuesday evenings, from 6:20-7:20. So, I'd have to drive her home, and immediately turn around and go back for the adult class from 8-10pm. Maybe one of these days I'll get brave (okay, so yes, I'm also chicken), I'll get DH to take DD to her class, and I'll go when they get home. Or, maybe I'll just go and watch :+ Oreo and PB! Oh my! :9

Chrissy - welcome!! I also get tired of counting points. Some days I just get fed up with how complicated it can be to decide what to have for supper, because I've eaten too many points the day before, or whatever. And it can make eating out a bit difficult, too, if you want to stick with a meal that's less than 10 points, and also has some substance to it (i.e., the calories aren't all tied up in fat and sugar). But, I persevere because it's the only eating plan that has worked for me, in terms of long-term weight loss.

Amy - I probably would pick the doughnut over the chips. But it's a tough call; kind of depends on what else I'd already eaten that day. But I adore cake, and nothing beats fried cake, really.

Marcia - feel better soon! That sounds nasty.

I need to go make the sweet pumpkin chili for the crockpot (so yummy), then try to get some academic work done while the baby sleeps. Have a great day,
Sandra

>Morning everyone -
>This am was GS Chest & Tris. I'm feeling it already - I
>expect some big time DOMS tomorrow.
>
>Jane - ohhh that apple dumpling sounds delightful:9!! My
>strategy would be to share it with DH. Since it's a once in a
>while treat you may as well enjoy. Then plan on healthy
>snacks and meals. Since you already know what types of food
>they serve, decide now what you'll eat and what you'll stay
>away from. Is there a grocery store with a salad bar close
>by? Maybe you could do that as an alternate meal one day? And
>then pack low point snacks, even a couple of low point treats
>that you can indulge in when some temptation becomes too
>strong. Good luck! I actually find it easier to stay OP at
>things like that if I tell the people I'm with that I'm on WW.
> Because I know they are watching what I'm eating, I tend to
>be better - silly, right? But it works for me.
>
>Traci - That's a ton of rain. Stay dry! I see you're back to
>your old workouts. Whew thanks for taking the pressure off me
>- I just couldn't keep it up!! :p
>
>Amy - I'm with your coworker, I'll take the sweets everytime!
>Enjoy those DOMS!!
>
>Kirsten - congrats on working for a great company! Hope the
>luncheon goes well.
>
>Marcia - so sorry about the flu bug:-(. Feel better soon!
>
>Chrissy - welcome! Sorry I can't be much help on the core
>plan. I like too much variety in the foods I eat - I found it
>too limiting. But I know people at my meeting who swear by
>it. They can't stand the counting and feel they have more
>freedom with Core. But either way, we're here to support
>you!
>
>Buffy - love that CC#4! Even though it's only 3.2 lbs, it's
>still progress. Give yourself credit for moving forward!
>
>Have a great Monday everyone!!
>
>Claude
>
>"Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it
>doesn't matter." Satchel Paige

Thanks, Claude. You are very right. 3.2 lbs. in the right direction is progress. Believe me I'm happy about that. I'm going to try to remember that and not be so darn impatient.

Buffy

Sandra - CC#4 is an interval - starts off with steady state and then adds in sprints and hills. The coach, Sean, who talks you through it is great. He reminds me of Cathe - you know how she always says just what you need to hear when you need to hear it? He's the same way -I'll be ready to drop down my speed or incline and he'll say "Don't touch those buttons, only 20 seconds left" - it makes me smile and keep at it just a bit longer.

You matched Cathe's weights set for set!!!! Wow I'm impressed. I can do it on some of the sets, but I have yet to do it for an entire workout. PHENOMENOL JOB!!!!!!

OK - now you have to share the recipe for the sweet pumpkin chili - just the name sounds yummy. How many pts per serving?

Have fun studying!

Claude

"Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." Satchel Paige

Claude - I've thought frequently about purchasing some CCs, but I hesitate because I don't know what the music is like. My favourite part about running once a week is listening to the music on the mp3 player. I've heard people talk very positively about coach Sean. How do you like the music?

Thank you so much for your words of encouragement. I'm still feeling tickled pink with myself, and wondering why the rest of the world continues to go on as usual. Don't they know what miracle happened today?? :)

Here's the recipe. It's a stove-top recipe, but today instead of simmering it all on the stove for 45 mins, I put it in the crockpot on low for about 6 hours. My house smells awfully good right now. I'm thinking that I will go to the store, just so I can come home and walk into the house and smell it all fresh again. The only thing missing is bread baking in the bread maker, but I won't be able to stay within my points if I do that!

Sweet Pumpkin Chili

1 1/2 lbs lean grd chicken
1 c chopped onion
1/2 c sliced celery
1 garlic clove, minced (or 1/4 tsp powder), optional
1 tbsp cooking oil

Cook all of this together in a large pot until the chicken is no longer pink.

Add:

28 oz can stewed tomatoes, with juice
14oz can chick peas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
14oz can pumpkin (without spices)
14oz can Romano beans, drained and rinsed
1 tbsp brown sugar, packed
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp crushed chilies (I omit them because of the kids)
1/8 tsp ground cloves

Stir, cover, simmer for 45 minutes, stirring frequently. Makes 10 cups.

1 cup: 262 calories, 11.6g fat, 499mg sodium, 17g protein, 24g carbs, 3g fiber. WW Points = 4/cup.

Enjoy!
Sandra

Sandra - that recipe sounds wonderful. Congratulations on the accomplishments with GS Chest today. WOW.... those push ups are still on my wish list! You should be very proud!

Hi everyone!

Ok, it's day 2 of me trying to be good and not do anything strenuous until Sunday. I'm going stir-crazy, just as I expected, but I will continue to be good, promise :). I actually had my gym bag all packed this morning, ready to go and use the elliptical at our company gym, but I was able to resist the temptation.

It's going to be, er... interesting not having any AP to play with :).

I ended up cheating a little near the end of my WW week (I start anew today), but the good news is I didn't gain. I was able to maintain, which is a relief! I'll strive to maintain until the half is over, and then it's back to my attack plan. Watch out, fat pounds ;).

Just out of curiosity, for those of you who do the 20 points/week weight loss points (20 points being the base points, not counting the flexies and the AP you earn), how do you manage on those days when you don't earn any AP? What do you do on rest days, for example? I try to take at least one rest day every week, and I do not do anything on that day (so important, considering the punishment I put my body through during training LOL). Since I don't earn an AP on those days, I find it hard to stay OP. I use my flexies when I can, but my off day is usually towards the end of my WW week, so I'm usually tapped out of most of my flexies LOL.

Anyway, just wanted to get some tips on strategy :).

Jennifer

Sandra - thanks for the recipe! I can't wait to try it. I was also concerned about the music before I bought CC. I think the music is great overall, although there is one section during one of the longer steady states that gets a little repetitive (I think it lasts all of 30 seconds, but it's near the end of the workout and I'm thinking isn't it over yet!? The weird thing is it's not like music that I would normally listen to during my walk/jogs. But it seems to be exactly what I need when I need it, relaxing when I need to cool down, revving up when I'm getting ready to do an interval and high energy throughout the intervals. I bought both CC#3 and 4 on Buffy's recommendation and I don't regret it. I'm thinking of getting another one now.

Jennifer - My biggest strategy is to eat several small meals/snacks so that I never get super hungry. I learned to spread my points out every two-three hours so that I've always got something to look forward to eating in "just a little while". If I find I can't make it to my next snack, I grab veggies. Hang in there with the workouts, you'll be back at it in no time.

Good luck!!!

Claude

Hello Everyone,

Well, have some good/badish news, i guess. I haven't been on for awhile because been busy with work and worrying about my mom. I found out last week that my Mom had a biopsy done to one of her breast, to see if she has cancer. We were suppose to find out the news on Friday, but had to wait all weekend to find out today ... And they still aren't 100% sure if it is cancer ... but she will be operated on in 2 weeks, and they will be taking the necessary measures if it is or isn't cancer. Her doctor told her tho that the worst cause sceanrio is that it will be cancer, but she will be in stage 1, which is a 96% survival rate. Anyways, my Mom is staying in great spirits, we are all releived to have some answers, because we have been waiting for over a week, and not knowing I find is the absolute worst! It's scary tho, both my parents are not health freaks, but they are not overweight, they always make sure to eat fruits and veggies, they walk a lot, they don't abuse alcohol/drugs, my Mom did smoke, but has quit for 5 years now ... like, they are pretty darn healthy, and my father had cancer last year, and my mom might have it this year. I find it overwhelming a bit, I really hate that stupid disease.

I would love to do to personals, but I am seriously exhausted and have a massive headache, but I see that Traci is back :) and we have a new person with us too!!! Which is amazing, I love seeing this forum get bigger and bigger.

I am trying to eat well, but I am sooooooo an emotional eater, and I deal with stress with food, but I am recognizing it, and I try to not to reach for cookies, but it doesn't always work :(. I haven't gained anything yet, but I know if I continue like this, I will. And I haven't lost anything either for quite awhile, which I am getting a little disappointed about, but the most important thing is that I am healthy (which I have come to appreciate a lot more lately!)

See you all tomorrow,

Corinne

OMG, forget to say, I bought Muscle Max and Hardcore Extreme, hehehehehe, both seem like killer workouts. And those clips that Cathe has posted have made me want those new WOs sooo much more that I am going crazy!!! lol, Cathe is sooo addicting!

Corinne: What a terrible thing you are going thru w/ your mom....I am so sorry that this is on your plate now.... that dang "c" seems to touch each and every one of our lives in some way. You and your family are in my prayers list as of now. {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{}}}}}}}}}}}}
I too gulped a bit when I viewed the new clips....What in heavens name have I gotten myself into??????? You'll love MM I'm sure (most do on the forums) but for me HCE is a double bop bam bang! I adore it!!!

Buffy: Congrats on such a successful weekend! I know its hard not to get down when you look at the amount lost along with the calendar.*sigh* Here's what I have to keep telling myself... A year has passed since I weighed 10 pounds heavier, not a real accomplishment in my book BUT that same year would still have passed and I could be sitting here still 10 pounds up or more. Its the only way I know to keep from going crazy..... I also started looking at getting the last pounds off, workouts, & eating healthy for my body as my hobby.... sounds dumb but it works for me!

Sandra: Thanks for the yumm-o recipe! looks like a winner to me! HOORAY w/ A Cart Wheel ! on your awesome strength and stamina gains! I can here the "Rocky" song playing in the air! PSS: If your coach looks "yummy" w/out your contacts in then keep them out girl! Thats motivation!!!

Claude: High 5 on sticking w/ your GS rotation and keeping up the weights work.... I am so impressed with those who stick w/ weight days!

Jennifer: *****stay out of the gym***** You crack me up! Good job maintaining! Thats really something w/ your training schedule.
I have a 20 TP as well.... I actually split my meals to 6 mini's a day as well but I also try to eat my TPs + APs + 2 or 3 flexies a day so I always eat more than 20 points on my rest days.... I read (non ww material) that when you workout so often that rest days must also be full fuel days because your body is in recovery mode and needs the nutrients in order to do so efficiently.... Dont know how true that is but it made sense to me.

Have a great evening all!

Claude: I'm really glad you are enjoying cardio coach. I highly recommend the Cardio Coach #6 with Candace. Don't get me wrong, I love Sean, and I have all his stuff too but CC#6 (Candace) is just a really good tough workout. 4 challenges instead of 3, but somehow you get through it ok. I always burn in excess of 400 calories with that one whereas on 4,5, and 6(Sean) I'm nearer the 300-325 mark. After all you can just skip the last challenge if you want (but you won't ;-)).

Buffy

Corinne - {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} to you and your family! You're now on my prayer list too.

Buffy - thanks for the CC#6 recommendation - I'll have to check it out.

Claude

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.