Weight Watchers Check In- 9/13

alsrnbsn

Cathlete
Okay, I know that this is a pretty lame reason for being up at 0200, but I also know that ya'll'd understand (okay, Chicagoan in the south too long, as well!:D ). But here goes.....I lent CTX to a co-worker before leaving for Chicago several weeks ago. She dutifully brought it back (thoroughly enjoying it, I might add, but we knew that already, right?:D ). I woke up about 10 min ago, went to the bathroom and realized that I never brought it in the house when we got home from the hospital! I remember actually carrying it to the car, but never in from there;( ! So here I am at 0200 rummageing through the car for CTX!!! I even had DH out there looking (well, he volunteered)!

Claude- I have just heard about Vitabrownies and want to look into them. I am glad to hear that they are good, thanks!!

I don't really get the PMS sweets cravings a lot, maybe once every couple of months, but man, it's hit me hard!!:D I am not minding all that much this time around, only because I have been kicking butt and taking names on the APs!! Yesterday was 10 earned with 30 min KPC and 45 min of HSC!!! Today will probably something cardio (is still raining, though, so no lawnmax;( ;-) ) and heavy upper body.

Thanks for all the well wishes for DH's test. Because of his disabilities, he couldn't do it on the treadmill, so they were trying to chemically get him up to his max HR (152) and had a hard time doing that. I didn't realize that it was going to take 3.5 hrs, though. I had other mandatory training stuff that I needed to do, so it all worked out, time wise.

My friend was doing great last night! She had already been up and walked the halls several times by the time I saw her, and there was another co-worker visiting her. We were making her laugh and stuff, and she wasn't having pain issues, which was great (this doc is super impressive and does the bypass laparascopically, so she only had 5 puncture sites). She's only going to be off work 3 weeks, whereas a nurse I used to work with had the same surgery almost 2 years ago by a quack (exept hers was open) assembly-line surgeon and she was off for 2 months!

Anyway, enough rambling, I am back to bed........oh, I found CTX, by the way. I had slide between the seat and the console!:D

Amy: Now thats a true catheite! You had me lolol this morning! Glad your friend is doing well.. cannot imagine carrying that kind weight around, my knees and back hurt all the time when I had 20 extra on. Many prayers to her! Also keeping DH in prayers... You have a lot going on in your life these days! Good for you w/ keeping up w/ workouts and points.

Claude: those brownies sound delightful! I think I've finally learned this year that I am indeed a sugar addict. No matter what it is one bite and a feeding frenzy starts.... I am really trying to work through it all this time on WW.

Sounds like everyone else is doing well this week... Great job!

I mowed back lawn yesterday & was EXHAUSTED... My hormones seemed to kick into high gear and I just could hardly move... I gave myself permission to take a day off regular w/os and just focused on good clean eating, lots of liquids and sleep. I feel much better this morning so will chalk it up to needing to rest.

I have Upper Body Mish Mosh & Abs today: about 70 minutes by doing:
BB Great Arms 15, Boot Camp Upper 10, Body Max 1 25, Upper Body Sculpt 20. I am going to do fairly light weights (no heavier than 8's) and go for higher reps. IF I feel like I have energy left I'll do 30 minutes of cardio.

Busy day for me so points should be within range.
Have a great morning all!:)

Traci- I also have an upper body mish-mosh today. I just don't know exactly what I am going to mish-mosh yet!

Hum, I feel the need for an upper body workout as well. Tomorrow perhaps. This morning I did Cardio Coach 6 (Sean). I took a yoga class last nite which was basically 90 minutes of pure stretch. I think that stretch really helped my groin muscle. I ran this morning with no pain whatsoever.

Stayed within my points yesterday notwithstanding a small piece of lemon meringue pie in the morning. I'm going to try to eat light today as DH is taking me out for dinner for date night.

Feeling leaner and smaller. I'm not sure what the scale will say this week, but, my clothes are definitely a bit looser. Yehhhh!!!

I can't believe I've stayed OP for 7 weeks. I'm not really good at sticking with any diet because of my "all or nothing" attitude. If I'm not perfectly on track, I give up and blow it. With WW I feel like its ok to blow it here and there and still stay OP.

Have a great OP day.

Buffy

Morning,

Good news :p I am down 4 lbs. Bad news ;( I’ll be up 4 lbs after my BD 9/17 I’m just being honest lol.

Starting Friday, eating out every single day with friends and my family I’ve already committed :p It does not matter, that was the whole point of me dropping a few lbs too pick up a few lbs ;) Yep! its' going to be some partying going on :p :p }( :+ :7

Tonight’s workout, legs & glutes km drills or km.

Teddygirl~

Amy - We understand completely! I'm actually impressed that you would lend your DVD out. I'd be terrified that I wouldn't get it back. I get nervous when DD uses them and she lives with me! Keeping your DH and friend in my prayers!

Traci - with the way you workout, I'm surprised you don't need a rest day more often. Sounds like you did the wise thing.

Buffy - You're right - it is ok to blow it once in a while. We're human after all and life is not always predictable. What's important is that we keep things in perspective. Glad to hear that the clothes are looser! Keep it up!:)

Teddygirl - enjoy, you only turn 50 once!

As for me, yesterday was a good OP day again. Today should be good as well. I did StepWorks for the first time this am. I kept it completely low impact for my back's sake, not a single lift in the whole workout but I still got my heartrate into my target zone. That surprised me, although I don't know why. Cathe's workouts are tough anyway you look at it.

Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!

Claude

"Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." Satchel Paige

Hi all,

Today I am going to do a circut, I just don't know if it will be Imax
Extreme or BodyMax or the Viper.

My rotation has gotten screwed up this week. Yesterday I had to work 10hrs so I didn't exercise. Monday I walked the golf course and played 9 holes. And tomorrow is our end of league of banquet for golf. So I have today and Friday, maybe Saturday.

Feeling a little guilty about my schedule getting rearranged. I guess if I do 2 circuits that will cover everything.

Teddygirl enjoy your birthday, DH's is 9/19.

Buffy that is awesome staying op for 7 wks. Enjoy date night. ;-)

Traci that is one tough workout your arms are gonna FRY}( !

Amy that is a funny reason to be up at 2am, I'm glad you found your dvd. We must all dream about Cathe!!:p

Have a great day ladies.

Jenn:D

Keep up the good work, Buffy!!!

Teddygirl-Congratulations on the birthday, live it up, girl!!!

Claude- take care of your back, I am glad that you were able to do something that didn't aggravate it!

I usually don't lend DVD's out, especially Cathe, but I had a good feeling about this co-worker. As it turned out, I only had to ask her about being finished with it once before she returned it!

What a freaking day!

There was a shooting at a CEGEP where many of my friends go to. I got in touch with a lot, but still in shock that this happened. I can't absorb what happened. I haven't been on for awhile cuz I'm busy with shcool and work and right now I;m just glued to the tv just watching the news and calling friends. Sorry for this post just being everywhere, just needed to vent!

Keep up the great work everyone!

Corinne

Corinne- I hope that none of your friends were there at the time!!!:-(

Traci- I was trying to keep up with you and your upper body workout! I did All Step from CTX for cardio and did the Upper body split from CTX as well. I was planning on doing something upper body from power hour or MIS, but my arms are fried after UBS!!!

Buffy: I got CC3 today!!!!!!!! Now I gotta figure out where to put it in my rotations! Do you count it as Interval or Steady State Cardio??? I'll be using treadmill to start?
So happy the groin muscle is better! I really gotta start doing more stretching... other than the 3 or 4 min at end of tapes I do none- not good at 43!
I'm THRILLED for you and your leaner results! To heck w/ scale baby! Your 7 weeks OP is really awesome... you should be so proud for all you are accomplishing! My inspiration....

Down 4????? Holy cow! Thats amazing Teddygirl! You just enjoy that birthday week! My DH actually lets me have a birthday MONTH! Pampering all month long.... heavenly!

Jenn-
The way I look at it schedules were made just to get all screwed up! haha
Forget about it.... You deserve to enjoy your golf... heavens walking 9 holes w/ your bag???? now thats work!
And YES my Upper MishMosh has left me very very very sore already today... I think I'm in trouble cuz my doms are usually 48 hours out-rarely the same day! OUCHIE

Claude-
You are so right about not needing to add impact to Cathe's stuff! There are many days that I do low impact... today I went ahead and did yesterdays SB/HiLo's that I didnt di yesterday and I gotta tell ya that I pretended to be the crew person showing modified low impact Hi/Lo.... It was a blast and I got the workout done without dreading the whole thing. You just make sure to take care of you during healing time!

Corinne-
Oh MY!!!!!!! What a nightmare.... please keep us posted on your friends... BIG TIME PRAYERS coming your way!

>>>>>>>Traci- I was trying to keep up with you and your upper body workout! I did All Step from CTX for cardio and did the Upper body split from CTX as well. I was planning on doing something upper body from power hour or MIS, but my arms are fried after UBS!!!

Amy: I'm dying! My shoulders are burning and when I took my shower this afternoon I coulnt hardly keep my arms up to get my hair washed...lololol...but it felt so good when I was doing it all! I think I only did chest & back stuff w/ 8's everything else was 6 & 3's..... So much for my feeling like I'm all buff!

Traci - Those light weights can be a killer. Repetitions, baby!!!

Just got back from dinner with DH. I had salad, salmon and rice and 2 glasses of wine and 1 1/2 (small) pieces of bread. Resisted dessert at the restaurant. I only had to dip into 1 flexie and I still have 17 left for the week. Not too bad I think considering weigh in is Friday.

Tomorrow will be a rest day for me most likely. I have to leave the house at 7:00 a.m. and I don't think I can get up at 4:30 to workout nor do I want to. So, unless I'm really inspired to workout out at night I'll just take the day off. My knee is hurting a bit anyway so maybe it'll do me good.

Buffy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.