Weight Watchers check in 8/8

winsomehill

Cathlete
Good morning everyone. I am starting Cathe's August rotation today, I think focusing on endurance will be a good idea for me. My legs can get bulky, it will interesting to see how an endurance rotation will effect the shape of my body. It's kind of exciting to start something new! Enjoy your day and keep on track!
Heather

Hi WWs -
Heather - it will be interesting to hear how the endurance rotation works for you.

Eating is going well and doing better with water than I did on the weekend. Tomorrow is WI and hoping to see a loss.

DH is back from Brazil on Saturday so then I can get back to a normal routine. Yahoo!!!!

Hi Ladies!

Heather: I've never done an endurance rotation before... please keep us posted as to how it works for you... I too love starting new rotations! Anything different is great

Marie: So happy DH is scheduled back this weekend...I cant imagine having mine so far away. Glad you are having a good week as well

I had a major points day yesterday...went to Chili's famished (not a pretty site).... I was going to double up on workouts today but am re-thinking the strategy.... 1. my body feels so lethargic from poor eating, 2. I don't want to freak out every time I make a bad food choice (trying to keep it all in perspective) 3. Will I start to view workouts as a "punishment" for bad eating vs doing something good for myself every day... Any thoughts are appreciated.

Have a great day will check back later.

Hi everyone -
Heather - is this your first rotation? I just started an old Cathe rotation about two weeks ago. It's really interesting to watch your body to respond to the change in workouts.

Marie - I may have missed this, why was your DH in Brazil? I know what you mean about having him back and getting back on schedule though. It totally screws up the routine when my own DH is gone.

Traci - I think you're on the right track. Doubling up workouts isn't good for your body and doesn't change the fact that you had a high point day. And you don't ever want to view working out as punishment. So what? You ate a lot of points yesterday - today's a new day and move on. You learned from it and that's what counts. Now you know that if you go to a reastaurant famished, you need to work harder to make good choices. I have a handful of choices for some of our regular restaurants so that when I get there I already have my options limited. I find it easier to stay on track that way. Plus lots of restaurants have their menus and nutritional info available online so you can get a really good idea of what the good choices are ahead of time.

Ooops, getting really long winded there.

OK - yesterday was decent pt wise. I only splurged on two graham crackers with almond butter. The problem wasn't so much the pts, but the timing - I had to have them right before bed. I know better, but ... Today I have a business dinner. It's at a great restaurant that serves delicious, HEALTHY choices, so I'm psyched.

WO was L&G plus S&H Tris & bis. I still need to do a 30 min walk because I haven't been getting enough cardio in with this new rotation. I used to do a min of three days of cardio a week, usually averaging 4-5 days . This new rotation (lower body stregthening) only has 2-3 days cardio, plus some of the cardio isn't as intense as I used to do. I think that may have alot to do with these couple of lbs that I picked up.

Happy Tuesday everyone!

Claude

"Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." Satchel Paige

Claude-
Thanks for your words of wisdom and encouragement! Interesting your observations on how your new rotation is affecting your weight.... I keep praying for the day I finally get to goal weight and hopefully wont have to do cardio everyday... I love cardio but really- sometimes I just get tited of being a ball of sweat!!!!!!!
Have a great one.

Traci - don't feel bad for falling off the WW wagon. Just move forward and learn from this. I am trying to just use my daily points and save my flexies for a splurge meal once a week. If you limit yourself too much it will be hard to stick with for the long haul.

DH is in Brazil for work for 2 weeks - which are almost over! :) The dog gets crazy (or crazier) when he is gone so that makes it even harder to get away to do anything other than taking him for walks.

Hello everyone!

I was going to start the thread this morning, but I didn't think that starting it at 0300 was a good idea. Yes, I was up that early, actually I was up at 0200 until about 0600 then went back to bed. I hate getting off the night rotation thing!

I hope that everyone had a good day. It was a major cardio day for me. I completed Imax2 (intervals 1-5) and Step Blast through combo 3.

A note about the graham crackers with almond butter, why did you say that eating them before bed was bad? It honestly doesn't make any bit of difference in weight loss if you eat right before bed as long as you aren't eating a 10 course meal. A couple of crackers with almond butter right before bed is actually a good thing to replenish the glycogen stores in the liver throughout the night (they last between 3-4 hrs). That's why it's vital to eat breakfast, for the same reason.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.