Weight Watchers Check In 8/22

Hey guys:

How's it going this morning? I'm stuck in a workshop all day today-YUCK!! I have so much work to do I can't believe they are having me go to this. But, I guess their loss if they need anything.

Yesterday went really good, but I'm still struggling to get rid of my sins from the weekend that I splurged on. Weigh in won't be pretty. x(

They are taking us out for lunch to a Chinese place - any ideas on how to stay OP???? I'm not a big Chinese fan, so hopefully that can be my excuse and have only a few veggies.

Have a great day!
Marcia.

Morning marcia!
Hope you can make it thru a long day of sitting! As far as chinese goes... Your plan of a veggie plate sounds great... I's have some rice (not fried) too for some substance or just a chicken dish that isnt made w/ all the sauces.
I am not looking forward to WI (fri) either.... my PMS got the best of me over the weekend but at least I started and it will just be what its going to be.
Caught up on all my sleep over weekend but was up since miodnight today... holy hormones!

On exercise plate today is:
Lower (30 min)
SSC (30 min)
Interval (45)

Have a great day to all in WW land!

Good Morning ladies!

I got a chance to get online (dial up) and wanted to let you all know that we made it safely to Chicago. It was a little scarey for a few minutes, someone pulled out on the landing strip after we were cleared to land, so we had to make an emergency landing abort and come around again. Needless to say, it was scarey, but also bumpy and I don't do so well with the bumpy thing. I was nauseated for about 1 1/2 hrs after!

I finally passed out, literally, around 9 last night, so my official "up" time was about 30 hrs!!!x(

Anyway, I need to go back and snooze a while longer. I found a gym about 2 blocks away that looks very nice. I will have to check it out to see if they to a temporary thing. I will only use it 2-3 times, so hopefully they will work with me.

My FIL surprised me last night. I though for sure that my MIL would notice the changes in my body since January, but it was my FIL that really noticed and mentioned it.

I will wave at everyone else and wish you all a great OP day. We are planning on braving Chicago traffic/construction and head to my parent's place. Marcia- my parents are taking us out to dinner tonight, too (Chinese). Only difference, I enjoy Chinese (a little too much sometimes! LOL).

Yesterday went ok eating wise. I was pretty hungry so I had to use a few FP's. I still have 10 left for the week and I'm going to try not to use them. It is pms week for me so I might not stick to that.

Just finished BC. I really love that one. Off to the shower now.

Have a great day to all my fellow WW'ers!

Buffy

>Buffy- So great you can do BC first thing in AM.... You are a
>true morning person or VERY dedicated.

Traci - I am a morning person for sure. If I can't get my workout in in the morning, my day just feels "off".

Buffy

Good morning!!!

My last exam is tonight and then I'm on vacation!!! Thank goodness!!! My bf and I are going to New Hampshire to visit my parents at Pawtuckaway Camp Ground. Should be fun and can't wait to not have my nose in the books!!! :)

Marcia - I hate chinese food. It makes me sick everytime I eat it. Try to eat some veggies that aren't covered with butter and white rice and maybe some soup. Good luck, I'm sure you'll do great!

Amy - Dial up :eek:, wow, you are dedicated to come on this check-in on dial up! And congrats on the compliment!

Well, have a great great day everyone!

Corinne:)

Yay, I found you guys! Thanks for pointing me in this direction, Traci :).

Fellow WWer here, and just wanted to chat with my "peeps," since I don't go to meetings much anymore, and I am looking for motivation--especially from folks who also do Cathe.

Great to meet you guys!

Jennifer

Welcome! Glad you followed the bread crumbs (whole grain of course)
RE: Your original question... Since starting Cathe and a regular 6 day workout schedule (5-6 days & 2900-3500 calories burned per week) I was at an absolute STANDSTILL w/ losing my 13 pounds... Before Cathe I ate my 20 points and lost all my weight- when I regained it I foundCathe but still the scale was stuck for 6 months... I rejoined WW Online and it wasnt until I started studying and applying the Eat More / Lose More concept that my weight has dropped consistently for 5 weeks (1-2 #s each wk)
I use a HRM that is set for my age/height/weight so calculations are the most accurate. I take 1 AP for every 100 calories burned in a day so I am eating 24-26 PTS minimum + most of the 35 flex and I now lose weight.
Having said all that..... I know for a fact that all my years of dieting stalled my metabolism dreadfully! Eating that many points is mentally challenging but it is working so I am really trying to control the "deprivation voices" in my head. Every body is different and every body reacts to certain food groups in different ways. I also lose more consistently when I use circuits although actual burn calories may be same to other types of exercise. Right now my body likes circuits, when it stops responding I'll change it up.
Sorry to be so long winded but I feel your frustration and want you to know that we all go thru trial & error trying to figure out what our bodies will respond to this month.... may change next month.
We're here for ya!

Welcome Jennifer!!! We are all here for you!! Everyone here is so supportive and Traci really knows here stuff, she is also a WO machine, lol. Good luck with your goals!

Corinne :)

Thanks for the welcome, guys :).

And Traci: I'm definitely on board with the eat more/lose more program LOL. After a few weeks of struggling on 20-point weeks I finally just said, "I'm going back to my maintenance points (24 a week)!!" and lo and behold, the plateau broke!

My training has ramped up in the last few weeks, too (except for the last week and a half because I had Lasik done on 8/11 and wasn't allowed to work out for a week), so I think my body really was demanding more fuel. Who am I to deny my body more fuel, right? ;)

Jennifer

My daily allowance is 20 points but I NEVER eat only 20. I generally earn 3-7 AP's a day and my body definitely needs the fuel.

Jennifer, I'm sure your body needs the fuel too. BTW, AP's are figured roughly at 100 cals. per point while - 1 point is roughly 50 cals. so even if you eat all of your AP's your still not eating all you burned off.

Buffy

Buffy- never knew that about the 50cal/1 pt.... now I really feel good about eating some flexies!

Jennifer: Are you in awe of your vision since lasik?? Me and DH did it a few years back and I swear it was like a miracle!

Hi to everyone! Busy week for me.

Traci - I hope the eat more, lose more is true. Tomorrow is WI and I certainly have been eating more. Need to work on exercising more and drinking more water.

Hi all-

So I got my new car. I was upset with my DH for nothing. We got to the dealership and I found out that he had cosigned for me. ;-) I guess for some reason I can't get a loan on my own no way no how. So I will have to write to the credit bureau and get copy to see what the problem is. But now I have brand new used subaru legacy. Yeah for me!!:D

I am thinking about joining the meetings. I just saw that new monthly pass and you get online tools for free. The online tools really appeals to me and maybe meetings will make me accountable. The support here is great and I love it but it doesn't make me accountable. Does anyone else go to meetings?

Welecome Jennifer!!

Also is it true that 22 points is 1w00 pts and so on? If so than 25 pts would be 1500 and 27 pts 1700 and so on. That would be great because I would really like to know the number I am consuming.

Well I didn't exercise Monday or today. I plan on doing HCE interval circuits tomorrow. And tomorrow afternoon we are going to the fair. I love the fair. :D Yummy caramel apples. Last one of the year.:(

Jenn

Traci: yes, "awe" is definitly the word for it :). I get kind of emotional about it, actually. It's such a kick to wake up in the morning and be able to see!! CLEARLY!! It's only been 11 days since the Lasik and I'm already at 20/15--and very sharp at that. It's unreal. I keep reminding myself that this is supposed to be permanent because part of me is scared it won't be and that I'll wake up tomorrow and I'll be back to blurry vision again LOL.

Btw, I should clarify that when I say I eat "20 points" or "24 points," I'm referring to my "base points"--the points that I eat BEFORE counting AP's and weekly allowances. I never eat just 20 points (and very rarely do I eat only 24 points when I'm on true maintenance!). I need every single one of those extra points, man LOL.

I just came back from a Team in Training track workout as a matter of fact, and I probably earned 4 points from that sucker, so I didn't feel a bit guilty when I ate pizza for dinner ;). (Hey, it's got carbs... sorta *hee*)

Jennifer

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.