Weight Watchers Check In- 10/2

alsrnbsn

Cathlete
Good Morning all and welcome to Monday!

I love Mondays!!!! That means that I don't have to work for a few days!

Anyway, I am starting to feel the DOMS layering into my hamstrings and glutes from HSTA yesterday. Today is a rest day. I keep making plans for an active rest day (yoga or stretch) but they just don't seem to pan out.;-)

I hope that all you ladies have a great day!

Good Morning All!
Java is sooooo good this morning!
AMY's OFF TODAY : WooHoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We asked you lots of questions on yesterdays board girl...better go read and clue us in!

JENNIFER: Thanks for clarification on Elie's book

CLAUDE: OUCHIE! So glad you love that feeling but what about lifting your coffee cup??????

Happy Day to all who follow will check in later!

BTW: Yesterday was a great w/o and got in all my TPs and APs! YEAH

Forgot to tell you my workout plan today: (maybe I was trying to get out of it!)

High Step Challenge
Low Impact KickMax (at least 30 minutes will see how I feel)
BTW: My shoulders were on fire after doing punch drills the other day... I must finally be putting enough BAM into them.

Need lots of APs today as we have a birthday dinner tonight..another STEAKHOUSE night but I gotta be fairly clean since I already had my free for all food day on Friday.;)

Good morning all! :)

Amy:

I hate Monday's just about as much as you love them. Start of the work week here. And I was so tired this AM that I was running late. I hate nothing more than to be in a big rush.

Enjoy that rest day girl.

Stayed OP this weekend although I only have 1 FP left after a weekend full of eating out. But I am very proud of myself for counting every bite. :7

Traci:

Good job on yesterday! Isn't it nice to be so OP? :)

Tonight will be a Firm workout for me. I am thinking a good C+S to get back in the swing of things.

I also taped C&W off FitTv yesterday so that is always a possibility too.

I'll check back soon, everyone have a great day! :D

Kirsten- I love C&W! I don't get FitTV, so I have no idea how they work through the commercials and such, or just what they have to cut out to make it fit, but that's the workout I was doing Friday when I thought that I had an extra few minutes to tack on another go at #3 and ended up almost being late for work!:D Anyway, congratulations on staying OP!!! I know that when I worked during the week, I had a really hard time on the weekends!!!

Traci- once again, you are a killer, girl!! I hope that you have a great time at dinner tonight!!! Oh, BTW, we finally got the heat and humidity back today....it's supposed to be 92 degrees today and it feels like a sauna!!! I guess no running for me tomorrow!!!

I will check in later after I snooze.;-)

Morning everyone -
Yup, DOMS are here and have settled nicely into my chest and triceps and a few other muscles I didn't know I was working yesterday.. Nice to know that I really was working as hard as I thought. In light of the DOMS, I decided to keep it easy today and did Rythmic Step. I love the music in this one, it makes it easy to keep going.

Tomorrow will be a rest day as I have to be at work early and I won't get back home until around 9 pm. I doubt I'll be able to checkin too, so think of me in my boring board meeting!

Got on the scale today :eek: and decided that I should no longer eat. Period. A few good days of starvation should do just the trick, right? ;) OK - I know that's not good for me. But man have I been slacking lately. Even when I think I'm doing good, I'm not really all that good. When I reached this point during my weight loss I forced myself to look up points for every bite I put in my mouth for the next week. I discovered that I had been miscounting a few things. Time to do that again.

OK - busy busy day at work, so I'll catch you guys later. Keep up the good workouts and good eating. Someone's gotta be doing the right thing since I'm not!!

Happy Monday!

Claude

"Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." Satchel Paige

Hi Kirsten- Know what you mean about flex- I have 4 days to WI and none left....Makes lettuce and egg whites look real good for dinners!!
Good job selecting your FIRM w/o for the day... Love C&W too (did it last week) for some reason I can do alll the step moves without to much embaresment... Fit TV was how I found Cathe... after 30 days I was hooked and got out the charge card!
Have a wonderful day.

Morning,

Monday don’t you just love em ARGH……:eek: :eek:
Have anyone tried Yoplait Light Smoothie? I brought a few and they are so dam good :9 :9 :9 I had one after my workout yesterday and man oh man, excuse me but it was GOOD. Who’d had ever thought of Yogurt you can drink, I’m in love with this stuff. I got the 90 calorie, zero fat with fiber and only ONE Point that exciting too me.

Anywho, today, just mayyy be my rest day, not sure need to study/read. Dear boss is lurking back to work.

Teddygirl~

Amy: Isnt this humidity/heat BRUTAL right now? I was talking w/ a friend the other day and she reminded me that usually our first true cool spell is Halloween night although last year I remember being in shorts and a tank fighting mosquitos:-(
Now dont mind me because after 2 weeks of cold (thats below 70 to me) I am ready for a heat wave again!!! I'm a born Californian who transplanted to Houston for a short business stay... 15 YEARS AGO!

HIGH Step Challenge completed.... forgot how PERFECT this w/o is for me... uses lots of equipment, moves really fast, short cardio spurts, low reps, lots of shoulder work.... JUST LOVE IT! Didnt do abs as yesterday was an abs day.

Another cup of Java- fold a little laubdry then off to do Kick Max.

BBL

Claude- Is Rhythmic Step supposed to be keeping it easy???? You are 1 tough lady! Kicks my booty... maybe too much brain power needed in it!

RE: Scale- Just pick it up and throw it out the car window while driving to work... or better yet, throw it at a board member tomorrow! :+

Seriously tho- I'm so sorry its not a positive experience (WI) right now.... Maybe muscle? Maybe a little plateau they may bust open now that you are doing strength training? Don't let it freak you out... just do what you know is right and it will pop.
Have you every tried alternating 1 day target points only, 1 day eat all APs? Sometimes that can help shake things up...
Sorry I'm giving advice- you didnt ask for that but I'm a "fixer"... just delete me if you want no hard feelings! :)

Traci - regarding the scale - it's not muscle or a hi/lo pint thing - it's really just me not being good. I've been hitting the PB hard lately plus I've been "treating" myself to all kinds of bad things disguised as good (yes a lowfat graham cracker with all natural PB and organic chocolate hazelnut spread and fat free whip cream is GOOD for me, isn't it? Especially when I have three? :9)

I know exactly what to do, I just haven't been doing it. You notice, I haven't been posting my points eaten at all - there's a reason for that, I'm not even trying to track them - HA, and I wonder why I'm not losing!! I guess I just haven't been motivated, but that number this morning sure was motivating. Don't want to see it up there for long.

And thanks for the advice. It's nice to know you care. :) :)

"Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." Satchel Paige

I love Mondays too. DH and DD are back to work and school respectively and it's only DS and I in the house. I get to start getting the place back into order before the next weekend rolls around ;)

This week is a CTX week for me--I'm not sure what order yet though. I'll see what I'm in the mood for when I workout today :)

Have a great day everyone!
Kim

Just a quick checkin. I just got home from getting my wisdom tooth pulled. Not fun, but not as bad as I thought it would be.

Did HC Chest and Tris this morning. I really hate working tris. but I pulled it out. I'll be sore tomorrow.

I kind of blew it last nite as far as eating. Had ice cream (well, two bowls of ice cream). Used all my flexies and them some. x(

Oh well, today is another day.

DH keeps wanted to feed me because its his way of showing his concern for my tooth. I'm trying to hold him back but he's offering up some mac and cheese. Hum....

Have a great day. Off to take some meds.

Buffy

Buffy- HUGS!!! I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth pulled exactly a year ago (that's how I broke another 5 month plateau). I ate a TON of Teddygirl's yogurt smoothies and another TON of the CountryCrock mashed potatoes (super yummy!). I tried the mac and cheese, but it took me about 2 weeks before I could chew anything effectively!!! Because I had all 4 out at the same time (doc was awesome!!!!) I had a HUGE problem with muscle spasms that ran down my neck and back into the back of my head. After a week the sites no longer bothered me, but it took about 6 wks for the muscle spasms to ease up! Work was really bad, too becaue I went back Thursday night (after surgery Monday) and couldn't take the pain medication, so I was MISERABLE!! Oh, well, I hope that you have a better go at it!

Traci- Ignore you???? Bite your tongue, girl!!!:D Don't worry, most women are "fixers", I am one as well, but I tend to "practice" on others and tend not to "fix" myself!!! Yes, the heat/humidity are brutal! It just sucks the life and energy out of you!! Where in California? I was actually born in northern-ish CA.

Claude- OOOOHHHH, those 'treats' sound heavenly!!!! Here I thought that I was being bad when I dug into my friend's Peeps stash (I send her boxes of them every year because she loves them but won't buy them for some goofy reason!) and made smor's with them (2-3 pts/each) They actually make great smor's!!! Toss them on a graham cracker, microwave 20ish seconds, remove and place a bit of chocolate (chips works great) on the poofy stuff and top. Let cool and have a go!

Nothing in the works for me in the way of a workout today. I was thinking about what I did or didn't do last week that was different than what I had been doing. Normally, I order pizza on Monday nights, and didn't last week. I don't know if that was part of the picture (because I still stayed within points) or not. We'll have to see.

Sorry for the novella, my brain is actually functioning on about 2/3 speed instead of 1/8 speed from this morning.

Hi guys,

Sorry to check in so late--I was running late this morning and couldn't post.

I decided to not bring my points total down so drastically--I've been really struggling with 20 points (since I'm in taper this week for my half and can't exercise that much, hence not many AP :(). I going to go with 22 points/day this week, since I figure it's more manageable than 20 LOL.

We'll see how I do ;).

The good news is I'm making healthy food choices; the bad news is, these healthy choices are not always low in points. For example, I'm trying to get a serving of nuts every day, because I want to load up on omega-3's. Well, nuts are points-heavy, so I can only have less than a handful. And there's my promise to myself to up my dairy intake, and that usually means skim milk 2x a day, so that's 4 points right there. You guys get the picture.

I figure in the long run, eating these things and focusing on the health benefits of foods will be good for me, even if in the short-term the scale shows me a number I don't like ;).

Did GS Legs this morning, but with no weights (we're not allowed to do leg weights when we're tapering). I still felt the burn, believe it or not!! Ouchie.

Jennifer

Jennifer- I hope that the higher points work for you. I have found that now that I am eating my APs, it's so much easier to get my dairy in! I always felt that I was "wasting" points for some reason! Espcially since I am lactose intolerant!

Hey, guys, I need to be serious for a second, here. I just got off the phone with my parents. My dad has prostate cancer that he just found out about. Fortunately, prostate cancer is very slow growing (it's probably been there growing for the last 10 yrs or so), but he and mom are in the process of trying to figure out which treatment option they will go with. I, of course, am praying, and am asking you all to pray for him as well......Thanks!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.