Weekend Melters Jan 5/6

allwildgirl

Cathlete
Good morning everyone!

Deb - did the doggies let you sleep in this morning?

What's everyone up to this weekend? I don't have much planned, which is making me mildly (okay, very) anxious. I don't like not having every minute filled. I'm sure I'll find things to do.

I hope everyone has a lovely day!

Moring Shelley and those that follow:

Well the dogs got me up at 3:00 to go outside. I did that, then left them downstairs to "fend for themselves" and went back to bed. DH got up around 5:30 and I slept until 7:00! I needed the rest.

No workout for me today as this is my rest day. My cousin is an Erie County Legislature (sp) and she gets sworn in this morning so I am headed off to that. Otherwise, no plans yet for the rest of the weekend other than "House Max".

Shannon:
I hope you are faster at running than "The Hunger" is! Keep moving away from it..

Michele:
I did go over to that site and checked out that clip. Did you get a good workout from it? DOMS?

Tneah:
Georgie sounds just like my 2! They drive you crazy but you love them to death! 1995 calorie? I can;t imagine eating that much "clean" food...now othewise I could do it for sure! Good luck when you get Imax 3! Don't get hurt!

Leanne:
Cudos on the weight loss!;-) .

Lainie:
Glad to hear you are feeling better. :)

Emily:
I am sure you will lose this week! I have all my digits crossed for you as well..;-)

TK:
Welcome back!

Have a great day!

p.s anyone thinking of buying the slanted riser that Cathe is not selling (blog yesterday)?

Deb

Ahh, it's Saturday. I hope all you Melters are enjoying it as much as I am.

So - I cut up my cheese into 1-inch cubes, kept some in the fridge and put the rest in the freezer. It's the only way I could make sure I know exactly how much of this stuff I'm eating. I confess: I'm a cheese addict. :p

I think I'm going to be brave today and try a step workout! My plan is to do the step segments of Imax 2, using my low impact modifications, and then do the blasts on the elliptical. Wish me luck for a happy, strong calf.

Shelley - I know you'll find stuff to keep you busy! I went to bed last night with absolutely no plans at all. I woke up this morning and was lying in bed, and all this stuff started popping into my head. I haven't stopped moving since 6 a.m. You're exactly the same. I know you are.

Deb - I'm glad the dogs let you get a few hours of extra sleep. Wasn't that considerate of them? But making you get up for a "potty break" wasn't very considerate of them...

Oh, good news. The Hunger is gone. Thank goodness.

And drat - I missed the blog update yesterday! I'll have to wait for Monday to check it out. I've tried it on dial up, and it takes way too long to download.

Happy melting, everyone!

Happy weekend, everyone!

Today I'm planning on getting some beading done on that Circlet of Lace necklace I've just barely started. I'm also going to be doing the Kickbox workout from 4DS, which I really like. I did the 4DS HIS workout yesterday, and it was so nice to get back to heavy lifting after a week of circuits! I'm still surprised by how much I enjoy lifting since I've always been a cardio person.

We're going to take it easy today since a big rain storm just blew in and so my DH can rest his back for the second part of his Kung Fu test tomorrow. Tonight we'll probably just get pizza (does that count as clean?! ha ha!) and watch a movie.

What are the rest of you up to this weekend? Any fun plans? Hopefully so!

Shelley -- Can you maybe do something fun today like go see a movie or read a book? When is your rest week over? Have you decided to end it early or go the full seven days? Hope you can ease that anxiety a bit!

Robin -- I can't believe that you have to wait until next Friday to get your MRI results! I'll keep sending my positive thoughts your way! And great job with the weight loss this week!

TK -- Welcome back! We missed you this week! Hope that the weigh-in brings positive things!

Tneah -- Oh no! How is your ankle doing? Are you OK? I hope that when you play with Imax 3 more you like it! The bellydancing sounds like so much fun! I've always wanted to try it. You have such an interesting and motivational background in fitness! One of these days I'd love to hear more about when you competed! That is so great!!

Deb -- I'm so glad that you were able to sleep in this morning! You've been getting up so early that it sounds like you needed some good sleep! I'm considering getting the slanted risers since SNM mentioned that Cathe will be using them for the new STS workouts, but I think I might wait until the STS workouts actually come out. I'm getting nervous, though, about how expensive STS might be, especially if it requires a bunch of new equipment! Sigh! At least we have a healthy addition, though, right?!

Shannon -- How did you do with The Hunger yesterday? I hope it backs off a bit today! Let me know, too, if you still have any questions about the Prius. I can ask my DH any specific questions you have. He did end up taking the first part of his Kung Fu test yesterday since he's already delayed it because of his bad back. He'll just be resting it and stretching it a bit today. Good luck with your calf today, too!

Michele -- Are you feeling sore at all from the Life Force workout? I checked out the video and it looks great! I may hold back on ordering it, though, since I just ordered two HIIT-based DVD's yesterday.

Emily --That's great that your weight is holding steady, especially with PMS here! Way to go! I know exactly what you mean, too, about wanting a pina colada after blast 9 in Imax 2! Are you sure you're eating enough calories at just 1350? I'm short, too, at just under 5'4" and have a really slow metabolism, but if I eat too little, my body tends to hold on to my weight even more. Have you experimented with eating a bit more in the way of "clean" calories?

Lainie -- How are you feeling? Did you get some rest? Will you start the 4DS rotation on Monday still? Hope you had a nice visit with your mom and Wes!

Judy -- Any good recipes to share with us today?
:)

Hiya melter's!

The most glorious thing happened to me yesterday! I was getting ready to do my workout and I looked at my schedule to see what I had on tap, and guess what!? It was a rest day http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/sun.gif

I was so happy :D . Me likey rest days :). I do have a workout today, though, and I'll be doing PS CST and a 30 minute cardio of some sort.

I think DH and I are going computer shopping this weekend but we haven't really mapped out any formal plans as of yet.

As for a new computer, we've been thinking about getting an iMac but I've heard some bad things about the new OS -- that it hangs and crashes. That's what my computer does now so I'd be pretty unhappy if I bought a new one that had the same problems. Do any of you have experience with the new Mac OS? I'd love to hear your opinions.

Shelley - I hope you found something fun to do today. Do you have Sophie this weekend?

Deb -- WOO HOO for sleeping in!! Please extend my congratulations to your cousin -- that's awesome! No, I didn't get any DOMS from the workout. It's a cardio workout and light weights are used to bump up the calorie burn. I like it because it's on the floor and the choreography is basic/athletic -- it isn't dancy at all. One of the background exercisers demonstrates the advanced level and she uses a step. Anni Mairs is working at the intermediate level and I followed her. There's a guy who modifies for beginners. I'd be happy to send it to you if you want to try before you buy.

ETA hello Leanne! Oh boy, which workouts did you get!? No, I didn't get sore from Life Force but I felt good and sweaty and worked out when it was over. If you're an advanced cardioer (I just made up that word :7 ) you might not like it, or maybe you would for a lighter day. This might be good rest day workout for Shelley :p

ETA again - Hello Cuz! You, Leanne, and I must've been posting at the same time. I'm painfully slow at typing ;) . Good luck with your workout! It sounds like a good plan. Don't overdo it, K? It sounds like your legs are finally healing, thank goodness!

Okay, I'm really signing off now -- lol!....

...Robin, I'm glad you're enjoying the CC workouts! I'm keeping up the prayers about your knee. I understand what you're saying about the weigh-ins. I won't weigh myself more than once a week because I don't want to be so utterly focused on it. I feel the same way about counting calories. I won't do it. I've tried it before and all it does is keep me focused on food, which in turn makes me feel hungry all the time.

Hello to everyone else and my best wishes for a lovely weekend. :)

Happy Saturday, melters. You know, I've kind of decided to come at this melting thing from a different angle. Before I decided I needed to lose 10 pounds, I was kind of happy with where I was, bodywise. Not perfect, but far better than I've been in the past. I think rather than focusing on losing, I'm going to try to focus on eating healtier. That has to cause a melt down anyway. I'll still weigh in regularly and hang out here, but I just get to critical of myself when there is a "number of pounds to lose" goal. So this morning I did CCV6 and loved the intervals. I'm so thankful to have something cardio to do until my knee is right. But I still miss my step dreadfully. I also did CleanMax and got all the Christmas stuff put away. Now I'm headed into town to do grocerymax. This evening will be footballmax. The Steelers have their first play off game tonight.

Deb, wow, sleep until 7! Hooray!

Shelley, got any good books to read? Take a trip to the library or bookstore for something to do today.

Shannon, I hope the cheese trick works for you. Cheese is something I can take or leave. And I'm picky about what kind of cheese. I love cheddars, but keep any smelly, moldy or soft stuff away. I'm glad The Hunger is gone for a month. Good luck with stepping.

Leanne, good luck to your DH. Does he know how he did on the first part of his test? What movie are you going to watch?

OK, I better get moving. Hi to anyone else who checks in.

Thought I would share a picture of me in my "glory days!" I did the Seattle Emerald Cup in 1996--do not laugh at my horrid hair please!x(
TStrobel6.jpg

So as you can see, it is possible for me to get really lean, it just takes so many tears and torture. I did this only to prove to myself I could.Glad I did it, but wow its seems lifetimes ago.:7 I didn't do drugs by the way, that was all hard-ass work. Anyway!:)

Leanne, you are so sweet, hope your DH does well this weekend.

Shelley, I am the same way, only not as much. I too have been feeling antsy in my pants-eez! Clean today then go out to my little studio and paint.

Michele, I have a MacBook Pro, love it! I think you will really like the Macs--just ask Lainie.:)

Deb, so glad you slept in girl, you deserve it.

Shannon, very wise to "cut the cheese". I know that is hard to do, but that was very, very smart.

Hi to Lainie, Robin, Judy, TK!

Today is MuscleMax. Now I am more motivated after looking at that picture! I know that it gets a little harder as you get older, but I can at least make my abs pop a little more right?
I have been keeping track of the calories and am surprised at how much I can eat. This is my typical daily plan.

banana
protein shake with flaxseed
3 cups broccoli with fake butter spray
1 baked potatoe with light sour cream or light dressing or olive oil
1 chicken breast
1 slice lowfat cheese
2 cups of coffee with whipped cream ( I know, I know, but its like 15 calories per tablespoon)
2 rice cakes
1 apple
1 more chicken breast
2 tbls peanut butter--this all adds up to about 1,600-1,900 calories per day! Doesn't seem like alot of food, hum, maybe it is????

I know where I could "clean it up" so gonna work on that. I got a new digital camera and plan on taking pictures of my paintings and creating a little "picture album" thingy. I am such a dork, see ya all later!:7

Edit: sorry the pic turned out so darn huge!x(

Tneah -- HOLY WOW!!! You look AWESOME!! You are gorgeous!! Thanks for posting the picture. I don't even want to think about how hard it must've been to get ready for that competition. You should be so proud of yourself -- that's an incredible accomplishment!

Your menu looks great to me! I could really stand to tweak my diet a little bit, but it's greatly improved from that week between Christmas and New Years -- lol!

Does your MacBook Pro have the new OS -- Leopard? I've been reading some bad reviews. I think there may be some kinks that have yet to be worked out.

Leanne - I looked at the picture of the jewelery you're making. It;s so beautiful. I'm so jealous of you crafty people. I don't have an ounce of talent -- well -- I'm pretty decent in the kitchen but I wish I were creative in other ways. Being a creative in the kitchen can get you into serious trouble -- lol!;(

ETA, I forgot to mention that I'm down a pound from last week :D

Hi all again!

I just thought I'd do a quick check-in while having my snack, and am so glad I did so I could see that amazing pic of Tneah! Oh my gosh -- to echo Michele, you look AWESOME!!! WOW!!! You really should be so proud of yourself to have achieved that goal! Of course, you still look amazingly fit and hot!

Michele -- I've never really been a crafty person either, but picked up the beading about three years ago and it just really clicked with me. How exciting that you're going computer shopping! Have you had Macs before? I haven't heard anything about the new Leopard OS, but have always been MORE than happy with with my Macs. I LOVE them and have always been so happy with them! Can you maybe get a new computer with the previous OS on it? Sometimes you can get these "older" models for even a bit cheaper. Keep us posted on what you get -- and good luck shopping! Hooray for rest days! ETA -- I ended up ordering the Abs Diet Workout Vol. 2 and the Women's Health Train for Your Body Type Workout. I posted an inquiry about HIIT workouts on the main forum, and they were recommended. I'll try them out in a few weeks once I finish my 4DS rotation.

Robin -- That sounds like such a great idea to focus on just eating well! It's my main goal for the next few months -- to try to eat more cleanly and cut back on sugar and processed foods as much as possible. My DH got positive feedback on the first part of the test, so he's feeling a lot less stressed. I think we'll be watching _Reign over Me_ tonight. Have you seen it?

Hi Everyone,

I thought I would pop back in for a second before running to the drugstore to pick up a prescription and going to GNC to get protein powder etc. FYI.. it's 20% off everything for members this week. I may see if they have that BSN dessert protein too.

Anyway I got my first copy of Clean Eating magazine today and guess what the big article on the cover is?

MELT HOLIDAY POUNDS in 6 weeks! Sounds like they are directing this to us melters! LOL

Tneah: you look awesome!

BBL

Deb

*strolls in*
*sees picture of Tneah*
*jaw drops*

Holy CRAP, woman, you look phenomenal! Nice to finally see your face too.:) You're beautiful.

To whoever asked, I'm going to start working out again on Monday (or maybe tomorrow if I absolutely can't last that long).

And now I'm going to occupy my time by doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms while the girls play on the Wii downstairs. Fun times, oh yes.

Good afternoon melters. Today was long cardio day so I mish-moshed three different step workouts for an hour and 40 minute sweatfest. The long shower I took afterwards was just divine...ahhh. Yesterday I got an email from deepdiscount that my Kimberly Spreen Absolute Kickboxing is on the way. I've read so many good things about that workout. I hope it doesn't disappoint!

I stepped on the scale this morning totally expecting a gain from my Christmas and New Year's partying but was surprised with a half pound loss. Yay! 8.8 pounds down now since Halloween.

Deb: Your doggies have you trained! That brings back a funny story. My dog will get sick to her stomach if her stomach gets too empty. My vet told me to keep dog biscuits in the bedside table and just give her one when I get up in the night to use the bathroom. Well my dog is pretty smart when it comes to food so the little devil started getting in the habit of waking me up in the middle of the night for her treat. That had to stop so now I just make sure she gets a good treat before I go to bed and DH will give her a treat when he gets up at 5. Next time we visited the vet after that experiment we all had a good laugh about it. Also afterward I found wet dog nose prints all over the drawer where the treats were. She knew exactly which drawer they were in!

Shannon: IMAX2 is one of my favorites of Cathe's step workouts. I've done it so many times. I'm with you on the cheese. Mine has to be cut up for portion control too. What type cheese do you like? For snacking mozzarella is top, brie is a favorite special treat, and I like feta for adding flavor to food. Good thing about feta is that I don't have to add lot to get the flavor. Why do all the best foods have to be so high in calories?

Leanne: Did I see that you had a loss this week? WTG girl!!

Robin: You are correct about focusing on eating clean rather than focusing on the scale. I find the scale can dictate my mood if I let it.

Michele: LOL about finding out yesterday was a rest day. As much as I enjoy working out, I enjoy my rest days too! I don't have any experience with Mac computers. Is that what you have now? Not too much longer I think I'll be in the market for a new 'puter too. I can't believe how low the prices have gotten. Remember days gone by when it was nearly a couple grand for a desktop 486? Hey, and WTG on your weight loss!! We have a bunch of losers in our group this week :)

Tneah: I can't even imagine the focus and hard work it took to get into that kind of shape. I know I couldn't do it! BTW, your picture cut off the lower part of your shins. I can't see your legwarmers!!:p

B should be back from her trip soon, shouldn't she? As I've been shivering in this cold cold weather, I've been thinking of lucky her in the balmy Caribbean!

I am such a friggin' genius! Well, at least on my deduction that Tneah must be hot before I ever even saw a picture of her. She is Queen Hotness indeed, then and now.

Will you believe I seem to be sick again? This is so annoying! It started late yesterday afternoon--very sore throat and headache with congestion (but I've had the congestion forever anyway). The sore throat is not a coughing kind but the kind where it hurts to swallow. I am also still very tired.

This morning we went into Manhattan. Brian took Isaac up to his office where he packed up a bit because they're moving to another nearby building soon. Meanwhile I walked around the World Financial Center area with Ewan.

Then we came home where I've alternated catnapping with doing laundry. Sometimes I wonder if I don't have chronic fatigue syndrome or some kind of sleep disorder since I'm tired so much. I guess that's something to mention if I see my doctor next week (which I probably will if I still feel sick on Monday).

I'm resting this weekend because I plan to start a fun 4DS rotation Monday.

Shelley, try to enjoy the not-filled-to-the-brim-weekend. Hmm, that sentence is making me want coffee.

Deb, I will probably buy the slanted risers within the week. I am a sucker for new workout equipment, much to my cheap accountant DH's chagrin.

Shannon, I love me some cheese, too--though I miss the cheese selection in Europe. Yum.

Leanne, I do plan on starting the 4DS rotation on Monday. I'm very excited about it but a bit worried about my health and my crazy crackly knees. Oh, and I'm impressed by your beading as well. I try crafty stuff every once in a while but don't have the patience or coordination to do any of it very well.

Robin, focusing on eating healthier sounds like a really good plan and I'm sure it will lead to melting as well.

Michele, I have a Mac (a MacBook laptop specifically), but not the newest OS--I got mine shortly before that was released. So I can't speak to the new system, but my MacBook works great and doesn't give me trouble. What do you have now? I would guess that if there is some trouble with the new OS they are probably already working on it and will release updates to help fix it.

Tneah, as I said at the top--you are one sexy chica!

TK, still loving your avatar. I love that Kimberly Spreen Absolute Kickboxing workout--enjoy! Congrats on the continuing awesome weight loss!

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif[/font]

Hi Friends-

no menu today . I'll just be postng diners, lunches and breakfast get repetitive and predictable. Tonight we are going out with friends, I'll eat but only to 80% of perceived fullness . That is my strategy and I am stickin to it.

tneah- yikes! That is a spectacular picture! And you appear to have learned from you experience. Thank you again for sharing with us!

TATA!

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

You guys are silly nillies:7 That was like a zillion years ago, but yeah, I was really proud of myself and still am, can look back when my ass has completely fallen on the floor and have that one "glory" moment!;)
It haunts me though, those pics. Until I remember how it was all I did, and the reason I hate halibut and old-fashioned oats to this day!;)

I have been a busy bee today, the boys from work fly in Tuesday so out I went to "gather!" I spend so much on groceries when they come down its scary.

Lainie, did you read my post in the OD? Good. Now go.;)

Judy, I do that 80 percent thing too! I despise feeling "stuffed".

I am starting to feel like "Polly the picture poster" here!:) You guys post pics of yourselves and pets, kids especially or grand-babies, I have none of my own and like to live vicariously through others.

Talk at you all tomorrow, and thanks again for your kind words.:)

Happy Sunday, Melters -

Though it's not nearly as happy as a lovely Saturday, is it?

I've read through the entire thread and thoroughly enjoyed it. You gals are wonderful!

So, guess what? I was totally cheeseless yesterday! And I even managed to survive. ;) The only dairy I had was about a half cup of yogurt. We'll see how it goes today.

And the cardio went pretty well yesterday. I dropped my step down to 6 inches, which is as low as it will go, and was very careful. My calf was a bit tight, but more or less okay. I got a good stretch afterwards and iced it too. This morning everything feels fine!

Robin - You're absolutely right: eat clean, and we're bound to have good results. I just hate weighing and measuring all the time and usually do it just once a month. I've been doing it more to help keep myself on track with this calf injury, but I don't like it.

Shelley - girl, your back looks great! Better than mine, that's for sure! And thanks for the photos of Sophie. I haven't seen the little cutie in a while.

Tneah - positively awesome! What was your body fat at that time? 3% or something? I really admire you and other body builders for your dedication! But never in a million years could I put that much effort into it. Whew!

Lanie - I'm so sorry you're sick again. This is getting very worrisome.

TK - Congrats on surviving the holidays... and with a 1/2 lb loss! Yay! My favorite cheese is cheddar, by the way. Mmmmmm.

Cuz - Oh, I started laughing at your discovery that it was a rest day! I sure hope you enjoyed it. What did you end up doing? Curling up with a good book maybe? Sorry - I don't have any advice on a Mac. PCs are cheaper, so that's what I get!

I hope I didn't miss anyone!!!

Happy Sunday!:) I got pictures!:7 Yeah...yeah....yeah...!

Shelley, Sophie is simply beautiful! So is the picture of your back, you look amazing are you kidding?:7 And your waist is so weensy.:) Thanks so much for sharing!

TK, you are so funny! I know, with that incredible 80-90's hair thing I did the legwarmers would have looked so adorable! heehee

Shannon, into every life a small amount of cheese must fall.;) Enjoy, I read somewhere its good for preventing cavities or something. And yeah, the bodyfat was low enough so at least I didn't worry about TOTM for about 6 months, it took me a year to get that way, but it just ain't natural I tell ya!:) I wouldn't want to be that muscular now, just leaner than I am, but overall am happy with myself on most days.:)

Robin, I totally agree with the clean eating thing. It seems when I obsess things get worse, and as you can see I can get obsessive. I am still writing down my meals this week (I bought this thing so I have to use it for awhile) but have done really well just keeping the tempting stuff out of the house. You always have such a healthy attitude towards life in general, I admire that.:)

A big "hey" to everyone who follows today. It is our brunch day, we are going to check out the new hotel on the strip connected to the Venetian called 'Palazzo", its pretty impressive looking on the outside. Can't wait, I love Sundays with my sweetie and oh, its super sunny outside-its been rainy all week so this is a nice cheery change.:7 Although I would take snow any day, love it!

Edit: back to encourage more picture posting :7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.