6.gif
Morning!

Welcome to SMILEYVILLE!

banana_smiley_7.gif
banana_smiley_36.gif
banana_smiley_49.gif
banana_smiley_42.gif
banana_smiley_28.gif

I've got my mouse all plugged in and I'm ready for action! My neck/shoulders are pretty much back to normal.  

banana_smiley_11.gif

Today was a Step DVD, so I did Christi's Solid Gold Step. I did about 25 minutes of it before I got totally lost and frustrated, and figured with the cool down that it would be good enough of a workout for today.   
34zn0n5.gif

Plus, I want to get ready to go a little early to work, so I can drop by the department store to buy an exercise bra. I've been using two normal bras, with the one on the inside being one that is several cups too small for me, not to mention that it is hot pink. I look like I'm ready to go to a verrrry seedy club.
44rd8r5.gif

JENNIFER - How did your meeting go? Complaining about desks? LOL.

Did you get to go to the mall? And if you did, what did you buy? (LOL, I wrote "guy" instead of "buy.")
gigglesmile.gif

MICHELE - Hey there, did you get some rest? I think I know why you've been exhausted. I think perhaps you've been hitting your CC spot too hard and it is telling you to take it easy.
14k8gag.gif

I'm sorry to hear about your sister and her herniated disc. I hope the surgeon will be able to find something that will relieve some of the pain. It's wonderful news about the neurologist tests.

>Did you buy anymore KB DVD'S? If so, which one(s)?

I know what you're up to, you sneaky sneak
1657.gif
. I shouldn't even tell you. If you must know, I have yet to order anything, as the day I was planning on letting my fingers push buttons was the day that I was listless on the floor.
banana_smiley_10.gif

>Um, do you remember that candy I bought for the bridal shower? Well, it's.. it's all gone now. I just ate the last box.

Quite frankly, that lasted a long time in my book.

>Heck, with all this kettlebell work, our 1RM could change between now and the release of STS.

Wow, that is SUCH a good point. I think that might be very true, considering my 5kg dumbbell has really been feeling light after tugging the 8kg KB.

DANA - Thanks for sending me the 1RMs stuff. I haven't actually opened it yet, but I'll try to get to it this weekend. Are you almost done putting your info in? When do the STSs go out, do you know?

I'll have to check out that "Ropes Gone Wild" one, too. I noticed the DVD but didn't look at the sample. But if there's a cute dog in it, I have to see it!
202.gif

BECKY - Urgh, insomnia. I vaguely remember you talking about that before. I have a sometimes nutsy schedule and that makes for really weird sleep patterns, which I hate. I hope you'll be able to catch some good zzzs soon.
853.gif

>I'm not really a regular in here, so I don't think I should vote on a name,

Nonsense! But I do feel responsible, being a lowly resident in our new town Smileyville, to inform you that our President Michele spells her name with only one L. :)

>I mean, you guys have the best smilies of alllllllllll the check ins.
I think that's why I kept coming back at first........to see all the cool smileys and the creative ways you use them !

Well, we can't let anyone down. I shall search for smilies!

banana_smiley_16.gif

On that note, I have to put on clothing now. Question is, do I bother with makeup?

7.gif

It's so hot and humid here it pretty much melts off within the hour anyway.

Okay, have a great Friday everyone!
th_kissy.gif

:):):)

Morning AAA and other Haters AKA Smiliers. ^^^ is about the extent of my smilie ability. Someday, when I have time (time? what is that?!?!) I'll research some of these high tech smilie sites I keep hearing about.

AAA, I vote for no makeup. I think just having to wear clothes is traumatic enough for one day. Good luck bra shopping.

Michele, I'm glad to hear your sisters MS isn't worse, but sorry about her disc. Will she require surgery? I sure hope not. She's had a rough time. How is your DH's new life style thing going? Do you feel more rested today? I've been pooped this week. Back to work after vacation and VBS every evening... Last evening I fell into a deep (DEEP! I'm saying...) sleep on the car drive back into town for VBS. I was groggy the rest of the evening.

Dana, so are you gearing up for STS with the 1RM stuff? Sounds like it still may be a while. I've been slogging through The New Rules of Lifting for Woman and plan on trying to up my weight work and lower my aerobic stuff ---someday when I get time (there's that word again?) to make a plan.

Hi to Jennifer and Becky and any other previous haters. Gotta get to work now. Taa.....

Good Morning & TGIF !!!:D

First of all, THANK you, AAA for setting me straight on the spelling of Michele's name !!!!!!! And apologies to you Michele !!!! :eek: Why didn't I notice that ????? I have no idea , but I am sorry !!! Hopefully I'll remember from here on out !!~!:confused:

I am getting ready to do my workout, which today is GS chest/tri & abs.
I think I wrote before that I am planning to skip the chest portion and do the pushups from the challenge in its place . I hope this is not cheating but I simply cannnot do both !!!
I might add on some cardio to ease the guilt ! Maybe a 20 or 30 min. ride on the stationary bike or something.

I have not looked ahead or done the math to see how many pushups I face today. I can't..........I"m SKEERED !!!!:(:(

but I will be back to let you know how I did........ Now the pressures on !
I HAVE to do them all !!!;)

bbl.....

Becky (michele, you can spell my name however you like. It's only fair !;);))
Hi Robin !!!

Ok just a quick check back to tell you how I did.
I did the pushups / tricep work/ ab#1 from Amy Bento's abs & Stretch. Also 30 min. on the bike.
That should do it !

I completed week one (day 3) of the pushup challenge with 68 pushups !!!:eek:
I am in total shock.
I re-counted 3 times because I was sure that was wrong !!!

Michele , what day are you on in the challenge ?
How are you doing with it ?

Is anyone else doing it ?

Okay that's it . Just sharing my progress.
The breaks make this doable.
I'm amazed.

Have a GREAT Friday!:cool:
Becky

Hello!! Good morning!!
_slowdance__by_serge.gif

Welcome to Smileyville, where we're always happy, dammit!
sun.gif

I know I haven't been around much this week. It's been a weird week with DH leaving for work later than usual, (including today -- he just left a short time ago), and a variety of things going on.
I slept the day away yesterday -- I mean I slept ALL DAY!!!
849.gif

I went back to bed as soon as DH left for work, got up briefly in the afternoon and had a little snack, then went back to bed and didn't get up until 5:30. :eek:
7_11_5.gif

I showered and then DH and I went out to dinner. I was worried I wouldn't be able to sleep last night, and I stayed up until about 1 AM, but I slept soundly until 7:30 this morning. I guess I really needed the rest. ;)

I did my push ups (Becky, I can't stand you -- LMAO!!!). I completed day 3 of the 2nd week, but I'm following that 1st column. I did 26 push ups today, 2 more than were required. I'll retest this weekend. Becky, I cannot believe you completed 68 push ups! It looks like you won't have any trouble keeping up with Cathe in STS then. I mean SIXTY EIGHT PUSH UPS!!!!! Get out! That's AWESOME!!!! But I still hate you for it. :eek: :p :D

I didn't do my kettlebell workout yesterday because, well, I was sleeping :p, so I'm doing it today and I'm moving my regularly scheduled CC workout to tomorrow. No CC spot for me today, so I'm expecting a BIG endorphasm tomorrow.
14k8gag.gif

Augie A. Augie - I'm so proud of you for trying a step workout. It's okay that you couldn't finish it. I mean, step is HARD.
Laie_7.gif

And you leave that mouse out and at the ready, young lady! There's no sense in you computerizing without it when you know it will result in a sore neck and shoulders. You behave now!
121fs725372.gif

I've been using two normal bras, with the one on the inside being one that is several cups too small for me, not to mention that it is hot pink. I look like I'm ready to go to a verrrry seedy club.
44rd8r5.gif
OMG -- ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!
I think I know why you've been exhausted. I think perhaps you've been hitting your CC spot too hard and it is telling you to take it easy.
14k8gag.gif
I confess, I've been having multiple endorphasms lately, but golly, they feel SO goooooooood.
6.gif

I have yet to order anything
Good. :D

ROBIN - Hey you!!!! I miss you cutie patootie!
5.gif

Oh DH is doing GREAT on the weekends. He's now a full fledged weekend warrior, which I think is almost just as bad as doing nothing. I'm trying to convince him to get up early at least one day a week to do 30 minutes on the elliptical instead of trying to pack it all in on the weekends. His diet is still atrocious, too. I'm trying hard not to nag.

How are you? Are you still on those antibiotics? Did anyone in your department show signs of that dreaded infection? It sounds like you and I felt much the same yesterday -- just plain groggy.

BECKY - Shoot, don't worry about spelling my name correctly -- you should be more worried about showing me up with your push up prowess, you diva, you -- lol!!! :p :p :p I'm pretty impressed that you could follow 68 push ups with triceps work. Oh gee, have you looked at the STS clips? Now that's scary!

JENNIFER - Sorry the trip to the mall was a bust, but YAY for FRIDAY!!!! :D

DANA - OMG! Do you remember when I told you you could have my Rodney Yee DVD? Well, I just now realized that I forgot to mail it :eek: . I just now found it on my desk under a pile of papers. I'll mail it ASAP!! Are you finished with your 1 RM testing? I'm not going to start it yet. I really haven't even looked at the WM thingy yet. Is it nice?

Hello to CUZ, JEN, anyone else I may have missed, and all you lurkers -- you know who you are -- :D Kiss Kiss!!

Alrighty, I have a boat load of errands to run today and I need to get going. I expect to be out and about for several hours. I'll BBL if I can.

Last edited:
I just had to come back briefly to tell you that I banged out 8 more push ups. Yeah, it was 2 hours after I finished the first batch, but still!! I did 8 consecutive push ups on my toes with perfect form. Add them to the 26 I did earlier for a total of 34. Yeah, I'm adding them! :p :p :D

Lookie here, I found smilies!!!!!

Triple A: So, did you get a new bra???? <<-- he's HUGE!!!!

I can't even be serious with all these smilies - they are making me giddy. And they're HUGE!!!!! I've had too much caffeine tonight too.

So to get back to posting, your double bra sounded awfully uncomfortable - just like this pig's nose ring.

I think I need to find a new smilie site with smaller stuff.

Michele - I totally forgot about the Rodney Yee DVD. I swear, he better not be in the speedo.

Becky - how in the world do you have the energy to workout if you don't get any sleep?

Robin!!!!!! We miss you!!!!!

Jennifer - this one's for you: Dancin' the night away!!!!

And Jen, this one's for you:

Now don't get used to me using these. It took way too long!!!!

Nighty-night!!!

Dana you are cracking me up with all those smilies! :) Are you sure you are just drinking caffeine? :p

Anyway just wanted to pop in real quick & say hello. The boys didn't end up staying with Chad so he is here & we're getting ready to lay in bed & watch TV. We need to be up early.

Oh get this... I shut Sport in a closet when I got home tonight & went on about doing things. About 40 min later I hadn't seen him so started looking throughout the house calling his name. Poor baby was in the coat closet. I felt horrible. :( Such a bad mom. I thought he'd be mad at me but he was just the opposite!

Hello to August, Dana, Michele, Shannon, Jennifer, Becky, & Robin. I really hope to have time on Sunday to do personals.

Hello Smileyville,
During the beach volleyball and swimming of the Games, Seville hissed at me for being so loud and Madrid got mad and left. But, they turned around and came back.
Thank GOD, this week is over. Pray for change for me. Work is bringing me down. I decided not to do the fitness challenge since it's based on body fat percentage, and I don't have much to lose. Tighten up. I want someone else to win- a person that NEEDS to lose it for many reasons. I plan to contribute though.

BB On Sat.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.