We Are Cheetahs!!!!

jamarba

Cathlete
Good morning Cheetahs!!

Thought I would check in while I'm waiting to leave for my race. Let me see if I can't do a view personals before DBF is ready.

Cathy - Hope you enjoy your night out with your colleagues!

Wendi - How are the hips feeling today? Working with horses sounds like a fun job.

Judy - Watching the sun rise sounds heavenly. So, the stray kitty is doing better? Glad you and DH got to enjoy a night in.

Lorie - How is your hip and foot doing? Hope the supports and massages help. Did Jason find a home?

Jess - Always good to see you post. Good luck with finding some PT work.

Carole - Nice pic of you and your friends. I did enjoy the Air Show. Had nice shade to sit in. So, it wasn't so hot.

Christine - Glad to hear DH is home and doing well. Great job on the 9 miles!

Shelly - It's supposed to rain here today too but I hope not during my race. Looks like you had a good workout yesterday.

Amy - How was the toy party? Nice name for it.

Susan - Did you like Amy's KB Extreme?

Well, I have to run (no pun intended). Will check back later.

Jackie

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/th_morningcheetah.gif

A few personals to catch up with from yesterday.

Christine :: So glad to hear DH is doing well…What a scare that was!...CONGRATS on the lb. and inches lost!!!…Great run in the rain yesterday!

Shelly :: Yes, I think I might just be able to conquer my step-aversion, after all. Glad you enjoyed some much-needed rain out there.

Amy :: Oh yeah, I can appreciate just how much you probably enjoyed that rest day yesterday. *lol* Those “toy” parties can be quite entertaining. Hope you and the girls had fun.

Susan :: how did you like Bento’s k’boxing? It’s on my to-buy list. Now, which workout are you telling me to get? Sorry, I got lost with that one.

Wendy :: I agree with not sweating the unplanned rest day. You’ve got a 9 miler this morning, so it’ll be good to have fresh legs…*lol* about the dumbbells being heavier in-store. I have felt the same when I bought 20s and carried 'em up to the register. I really need 25#s, too…Good deals on the workout gear. What do you mean, you *think* you’ll allow yourself to be seen in public with them? You look great! And you can definitely rock that look!

Jackie :: yes, we did have fun...good luck today!! http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/images/smilies/sparkle.gif *sending strong cheetah vibes your way* http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/images/smilies/sparkle.gif

The BBQ at my sister’s was nice. Unfortunately, I got a migraine while there. http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/images/smilies/stars.gif So frustrating. I’m really sick and tired of this interrupting my life. But on one hand, I have to say I was lucky, it was not as severe as it could have been. I popped Excedrin and Gatorade early, so I think that helped and I managed not to get sick. The Schuylkill (major highway in the area) is never fun to drive even when you have all your wits about you. I don’t think I could have driven home with a full-blown, hardcore migraine attack. Anywho, I came home only to find some neighbors having a karaoke birthday party and shooting off fireworks. *lol* What luck, huh? Ya gotta laugh. Went to bed early and have a little bit of a residual headache but not too bad.

Not sure what today’s w/out will be.

[font face="heather" font color=brick red size=+2]~Cathy [/font face] http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/wavesmile.gif
"Out on the roads there is fitness and self-discovery and the persons we were destined to be." -George Sheehan

Good Morning Cheetahs! http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Happy/hi-103.gif http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Happy/hello-104.gif http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Happy/hi-103.gif

Jackie: Good luck on your race today. I know you'll do fantastic! http://www.infohub.com/forums/images/smilies/bravo.gif

Cathy: Ugh, so sorry about the migraine. I hope the headache completely goes away before it's time for you to work out. What else do you have going on today? School work? I got over the fact that I missed my work out y'day. The pizza dinner was certainly BAD timing but hey...gotta live a little, right? :9 }( :9

Well, I am going to try to leave here in about 45 minutes so that I can be at the park when it opens. I figure 10 miles will take me about 2 hours...I hope it doesn't get too hot before I'm done!:eek:

I tried on the new shorts for DH. He gave me the thumbs up so I am keeping them...perhaps I'll even go back and get another pair if I can!}(

I'd better get some food in me and get dressed so that I'm not rushing around here at the last minute...I'll be back though!:)

Wendy :: Have a GREAT run! (And sorry, I thought you were doing 9 miles, but you're already up to 10! http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/th_phatyo.gif )...Other than a good sweatfest, I will probably spend most of the day working on school stuff. Is it supposed to be hot again today? I didn't catch the weather.

[font face="heather" font color=brick red size=+2]~Cathy [/font face] http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/wavesmile.gif
"Out on the roads there is fitness and self-discovery and the persons we were destined to be." -George Sheehan

Cathy:

My schedule calls for 9.5 but Miss Shelly has convinced me to go for 10!:eek: I don't know if it's supposed to be hot today. It was supposed to be GORGEOUS y'day and it was cr@ppy all day long so who knows what we will get today.....

[font color=red]cheetahs![/font]

Good Morning

[font color=red]Jackie~[/font] Good Luck today!

[font color=red]Wendy~[/font] OK I can't wait to hear how 10 miles feels. How do you keep your breakfast down before a run? I can only have coffee ... Oh and to answer your question about cheering for kids. I am a very enthusiastic ( but positive fan!) DD's Regatta is all day. DH will sneak out of work and go to the hockey game for DS. Each kid will have a parent present.

[font color=red]Cathy~[/font] I am so sorry about the migraine. At least you caught it early. Is there a way to prevent them? I once read that some migraines are triggered by some foods. I do not know if it was a valid study or an observation.

[font color=red]Susan~[/font] Please give a review of the new KB WO you did.

Big Hellos to [font color=red]Carole, Shelly, Christine, Jes, Lorrie, Laurie, Amy, Kristi [/font]

Today I will get in an easy 3 mile run on the canal before of after DD's race (Crew)

[font color=red][font size=+2]Judy "Likes2bfit"[/font]

Good morning cheetahs

Jackie...good luck on your race today...:)

Cathy...funny chiro story, I specifically asked my nephew if that had ever happened with a patient he was adjusting...YEP! Yes, I am still running with the metronome. Got up to 85 friday and might do that in the relay today. Sorry about the migraine, glad to hear it is better this morning..Love the new cheetah greeting..

Wendy...sounds like you had one helluva shopping spree!! I saw your post on Platemates and I agree, way too pricey and that is before the shipping. Good luck with your 10 miles!

Christine...glad to hear DH is home and doing well. Is he on any meds? Way to go on the 9 miles yesterday!! That is great you did it, in the rain and in the same time as the 8 miles.

Shelly...glad you got the check. I apologize it was so late...:(...Hope you enjoyed KPC.

Susan..I hope you enjoyed Amy. Some of the choreography is tricky at first, but it'll come as I know you are good with choreography. I will be so happy once the laminate is in.

Thanks to all of you and glad you liked my picture. I ended up having a rest day yesterday. I got to cleaning up my workout room and couldn't stop. I figured resting before my relay today would be a good idea. I will be heading out pretty soon. The relay starts at 8. My previous Hairdresser (who I used to work with) is also running the 1st leg, so we might make a longer run out of it for us and run back to the start. I am so ingrained to do long runs on sunday!! I will let you cheetahs know how things go later today.

Have a great day...:)

Carole :: oh, that's right! I forgot about your relay. http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/th_goodluck.gif to you and your team. Yesterday's rest day sounded like a good idea. Cleaning can be a pretty good workout, too.

Judy :: enjoy your run today! I don't know what the trigger is, but I am seeing my eye doc this week and then a neuro in two weeks as the migraines and regular headaches have been on the rise. It might be connected to the encephalomalacia detected in the MRI I had recently. I've heard that foods can trigger it. I used to think mine were hormonally-related, but they happen too often now for that to be true. Sorry to ramble. Good luck to DD! I'm a bit south of you, but it looks like a gorgeous day for all things outdoors.

Hi guys!

Well, Jason is in a foster-to-adopt home, so keep your fingers crossed for him. I spoke to his foster mom last night and she said he was doing well.

My hip is feeling better (I think I just pulled something) but my foot is the same. It's funny though, because it hurts more as the day goes on and doesn't hurt that much in the morning. What's up with that?!?! Anyway, I got my lovely monthly visitor today so I am thinking another rest day. A lie-around-read-watch tv-rest day. Very lazy.

Sorry for the self-absorbed post...cramps and feeling yuck!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday.

Hey Cheetahs!

GOOD LUCK JACKIE!!!! Go Get ‘em Girl!!! :p

GOOD LUCK CAROLE!!! Can’t wait to hear about the race!!!

Shelly – The rain felt nice yesterday, didn’t it? I love a nice rain, especially after a reasonably hot summer.

Susan – Did you end up going to Chuck E Cheese? I’ve managed to avoid that place, but I’ve gone to many like it. I sympathize. The rain was a nice change, but I was SOAKED when I got home.

Cathy – So sorry to hear about the migraine! Yeah, the SureKill is never fun, especially sick! Then to come home to the neighbors… Well, hope you feel better soon!!!

Wendy – Hope your run is incredible! I love when I go dumbbell shopping and the clerks insist on carrying them out to the car. They all think I’m buying them for my DH. Good job on the shopping!

Judy - I love how you split up your kids activities to make sure no one is left out. Enjoy your run and DD’s Regatta!

Carole – DH is on an antibiotic for his chest infection (cold), and the doc gave him some cholesterol meds, even though he’s only border-line – I have mixed emotions about him using drugs before he tries to change his diet, but then again, he refuses to change anything – but he does eat fairly well, so maybe he needs them.

Amy! YEAH! GO PATs!!!!

Lorie – So glad to hear about Jason. I have my fingers crossed and Jimmy and Kimo have their paws crossed for him! Enjoy your lazy day, hope the cramps go away – I hate those!

Today is yoga at the gym. I’m looking forward to it. After that it’s over to a local sports bar to watch the Pats. My Achilles are tender today, so I’m thinking I need more stretching and ice on them after my runs. Yesterday was very relaxing after the run. Went shopping, then we went to see some friends, then came home to a quiet dinner at home.

Hi Gals!

Just wanted to pop in quickly before I head for a shower to say that IT'S DONE! 10 miles (thanks to Miss Shelly) is in the bag! It took me 1hr 57min 40secs. Yes, it was slow but I DID IT! WOOH!!!!:+ :+ :+ One more long run before the race! I really AM going to be able to do this! How amazing is that!?!? :) :) :)

I'll come back before I head out the door to train BF and pick up DS from mom's if I have time....

Later babes!:)

WAY TO GO WENDY!!!! YEAH! 10 miles is a long way! You should be proud!! Of course, I had no doubts that you would be able to do it.

Oh gosh I feel the crash comin' on...I'm comin' down off that runners high and am VERY ready for a nap! I have only a little bit of time left to fit it in so I wasn't going to bother but perhaps I should....Quick personals first and then I'm jumpin' under the covers for a quick snooze before heading out the door...:)

Judy: I spent 3 years working out an hour after eating a full dinner so I am quite used to exercising with food in my belly. If not for that, perhaps I wouldn't be so fond of eating breakfast before a run. :)

Carole: GO GO GO! I can't wait to hear about the race today! WOOH!

Lorie: Glad to hear Jason is doing well. I hope the trend continues for him and this all ends in his adoption by a good family.
Sorry you aren't feeling weel. Get well vibes being sent your way!

Christine: Thanks for the kudos. I had a clerk offer to help me with the DB's too. :)

Okay...gotta go if I want to get that nap in!

BBL!:7

BIG congratulations to Miss Wendy for completing her long run!!!

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/18/18_7_24.gif

I was really going to take another rest day today but got bored just sitting around. So...I did the IMAX# Blast Only Premix and Get Ripped. I feel much better now that I did something. I am going to take it easy the rest of the day. Promise!

Hope everyone is well.

[font color=red]Wendy~ [/font] Way to go on 10 miles! ! ! !

[font color=red]Carole~ [/font] I liked your picture too. I forgot to say so!!! How did the race go? Did you end up running back to the start with your friend?

[font color=red]Cathy~ [/font] I am praying an answer to your migraine triggers.

[font color=red]Lorrie~ [/font] Now you have earned a rest!

DD's regatta was fun. They launched at the boat site and rowed a couple miles out to the start. So I ran out along the canal too and back. I stopped to take pictures, after my 3 miles were done, and I could not catch up with them! I'm pretty sure her boat cam in first. They have a staggered start, but they started first, and nobody passed them.

[font color=red]Judy "Likes2bfit"[/font]

Hi Guys I wasn't going to check in today cuz I had a very busy nite and am just getting started here a little late, but I peeked in and had to comment---

WENDY!!!!!! WTG Girl:7 :7 :7 :7 :7 High fives babe I KNEW you could do it!! Making the first big 10 is a huge milestone for a runner.
Count yourself now as one of the hard core distance runners.
YOU ROCK!!!!

Carole- Best of luck with your relay race today! I am so looking forward to reading your report and hopefully seeing a pic of your awesome team!

ShellyC

Okay, so I've taken the plunge, now I HAVE to say hi to all the other lovely cheetahs!

Jackie- Our ROAD WARRIOR!!!! Love your opening today! I believe this is another 10k for you? I hope this one is more pleasant than the last. Look forward to your report-- you go girl!

Christine- I forgot to congratulate you on the awesome job you did yesterday with the 9 mile speedy run:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: , still shedding pounds steadily too:7 :7 :7 Sounds like you'll be in good shape for the RnR HM in Oct. That's still on the agenda no?

Judy- Best of luck to your DD with her regatta today! How many are on her crew team. Forgive my ignorance on this. I do understand it takes alot of strength and endurance though!! So you only have coffee before runs???? Even long ones??? Wow, I can't imagine doing a run on no fuel!!!

Lorie- Sorry you got a visit from that pesky Auntie Fx( There are some advantages to being an old lady;-) Don't have to deal with that nonsense anymore! So glad to hear that Jason got adopted!!!
Hey, you got in a pretty good workout for a "rest" day. Sounds like a "sort of" rest day which I'm famous for;-)

Later y'all!

ShellyC

Good evening cheetah gals!

Well, today is an unplanned rest day x(. I had to be in early to work this morning and woke up with a *very* unpleasant twinge in my lower back on the left side. I haven't done anything weird lately...the only thing I can think of is that it's tweaked from having to gaurd the original injury? Oh well, tomorrow is another day.

Jackie - How was your race today? Yeah, the job has it's moments but I'm so burnt out that I'm looking forward to a career change.

Cathy - Oh, you poor thing! I used to suffer from migraines horribly about 15 years ago but they seemed to have just gone away over the years. Certain foods (along with stress) were definitely triggers for mine. I hope they find a way to prevent them in the future.

Wendy - WTG on the run!

Carole - I can't wait to hear how your relay went today.

Lorie - My fingers are still crossed for Jason...what a cutie! Sorry Aunt Flo stopped by for a visit but I'm glad the hip isn't serious. I, too, find that sometimes doing a little something makes me feel so much better!

Amy - Enjoy the game!

Christine - Amazing job on your run yesterday and congrats on the losses! How is your DH doing? I'm so glad it was nothing too serious.

Judy - It sounds like you had a great time...two birds with one stone, heh? You got to go to you DD's regatta and get a w/o in. That's what I call multi-tasking :7.

Shelly - I wish I had access to an elliptical or any equipment other than my BB, DBs, step and SB. I can't afford a gym membership and, honestly, wouldn't be able to use it with my schedule. Buying anything like that is entirely out of the question, too x(. Maybe someday....

Have a great night ladies!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.