Watercoolers....Up and at 'em! Tuesday, May 20

FiddleFit

Cathlete
Good morning!

I'm off to begin Week 3 of the P90X+ rotation: Upper Body+ and Abs/core+. I'll check back later to catch up from yesterday, and see who else has shaken the sleep out of their eyes.

Have a great day!
Sandra

Up, Check
Sleep out of the eyes, Negative
Did PLB, Negative
Made it to work, Check

Who was I kidding about getting up at 5am. Rolled over, turned off the alarm and went back to sleep for another 1hr.:) I have yoga from tonight and my BB game is a 8:30 so I might be able to make both. Haven't decided yet.

Last year I got up at 5am to w/o for a few months. You'd think that would be long enough to form a habit - NOT.

Anyhoo, had a little extra work this a.m. as had to finish cleaning the GP's cage and cart him to the car to take him back to pre-school. Of course he freaks out on the ride there and now I have wood shavings all over my passenger seat.

Okay - so you gals did P90X - how did you put up with Tony? I tried his P90 cardio sweat DVD once and never did it again - he's just not my cup of tea. I bought P90X Cardio at Goodwill a few months ago and just have not had any desire to try it (but couldn't resist the price for it). I traded for his Plyo w/o and never got it in the mail;( What equipment did you have to buy? The pull-up bar?

Good morning,
Today was Pyramid Upper Body - Up Premix only starting with biceps. My left arm gave out at the end way early on the bicep hammer curls with 15#. I was a bit surprised at that, but just rested and continued on. The stability ball ab pikes were tough. I'll have to work my way up to them again. Tonite will be a bike hill climb with the girls.

Morning, Sandra! So you are back with Tony? When is your Tour De Alberta? Are you all used to the clipless pedals now? There were a ton of fancy fancy bikes at the triathlon. Wow, the dedication to this sport of triathlon is amazing. Don't think I want to delve into anything that takes that much time though. I would guess they don't do a whole lot of other things, judging by their fit bodies. I want the fitness, just don't want to do all the work and put in the time. Remember? I'm a grasshopper.

Patricia, it would take a lot for me to do P90X again. I liked Tony okay, just not sure I want all those pushups. I feel them in my shoulder joints more than the pec muscles. I'm not a good one to give good advice on P90X. I can enable towards Christi Taylor though:7 :7 . Is the guinea pig going to show and tell? How cute! You have a baseball game at 8:30 tonite??? Isn't that kind of late?

Well, must go now, will check back later.

Jeanette

Morning Coolers,

Todays workout so far has been a 4m run. Will be doing BBC Legs & Butt later tonight. I didn't take Cami with me on my run, and apparently my DH had to calm her down. :7 :7 She was crying and crying, so DH got her to lay down on my side of the bed to make her stop. :7 :7 Guess I will have to take her with me tomorrow. ;-)

Oldest DD did very well on her mile run. I don't know her exact time, but it was a personal best for her. She came in 5th, but not good enough for her to continue on to the sectionals and state. She will be going to both, but as an alternate in the 4x800. It was dang cold again last night, I'm thinking that I need to stay away from those track meets. :7

Sandra, Thanks for starting us off this morning. Now you have me motivated to try getting in a P90X+ type rotation. At least using the weight workouts. The flight for life is a helicopter that takes severely injured people to the hospital. We have 2 of them in this area. I to am very very glad that I didn't hit that lady. I remember when my dad was in an accident (he was driving), and the ladies that he car pooled with flew out of the car (neither wore seat belts at that time). They where both killed. It took my dad a long time to recover from that. He never car pooled with anyone again.

Kim, Yep so far the 7m has been the longest I have run. You will be proud of me, I am signing up for a 5k. The proceeds for this race goes to our HS track team. I figure 3.1 miles is something I can accomplish. :7 :7 Couldn't stay away from Tony forever could you. I have the rotations, and have sent you a pm.

Patricia, Sounds like you would be wise to do a leg workout. Wendy did mention something that others have said. No tricep work, wonder why Jillian didn't incorporate those. I wonder if she considers doing the push-ups as tricep. I would think you could do this workout every other day. Sometimes Tony is not for everyone, but dang I LOVE the guy. He makes me laugh, so that makes me enjoy the workouts more. You mean you don't want to join me in the 5am wake up time. Maybe you need a dog like Cami, she would make sure that you got up at that time. She would just come and jump on your chest! :7 :7

Wendy, Glad the young man was very well behaved. I was wondering why Jillian did the push-ups that way in the second workout too. And the fact that she didn't have them do that many. Guess one could always change those to a Tony type push-up. :7 :7 Give the thing a jump instead of just standing up. :7 :7 I was wondering if these would be good things to do after I have done a run. Sometimes I just want my workout done for the day, and this type of thing is short. Something I want to test at some point. ;-)

Jeanette, I'm feel really good today! Keep crossing those fingers, because DH hasn't confirmed anything yet. :7 We used to camp a lot, but now it is only when we go up north to the cabin. We used to camp when I was a kid, and we alway had a great time. PUB and then trying those pikes, I bet your arms where tired. That seems to be my problem with pikes on the ball. Even in KPC with all the punching, my arms have a hard time holding my body up. :D

Have a great day!

Laurie

Greetings Watercoolers!

I'm back from the wild west! lol. DH and I went to VERY sunny California for a belated anniversary trip to wine country and got in LATE last night (which in light of the fact that our original flight was canceled and we were told to take the red eye was A-OK with us) and we're getting settled back in. I hope you all have been doing well while I've been gone! I'll be doing Step Blast later on today and I'll stop back to get caught up. I have to unpack before my mom brings the kiddos home, but I look forward to reading about what you've been up to later this afternoon :)

Carol

Good Afternoon Ladies!

Sandra: Talk to me about X+. Have you noticed any gains yet?

Patricia: Yep, I'm not a morning person either. I think it's genetic!:) I totally understand where you're coming from concerning Tony. He used to get on my last nerves when I first started the X. But, over time, I grew to really like his on screen personality. He makes me laugh!!! Some of Jillian's comments on the 30 Day Shred made me laugh a couple of times too. When we (dh and I) started the X, we got dumbbells up to 25 plus one pair of changeable dumbbell up to 50 pounds (looks like a mini barbell). Later, we bought solid poured dumbbells up to 40. We got the pull-up bar that Beachbody sells and a free set of tubings. We never used the tubings. I used the tubings when I went to Thailand. I did modified pull-ups and chin-ups using the pull-up bar and a chair. It was only after finishing the X and doing 90 minute Power Heated Yoga classes when I could finally do unassisted pull-ups and chin-ups. I never did P90X Cardio since I did the Classic Rotation. I always did Plyo instead.

Jeanette: PLB and PUB seem to be popular Cathe dvds. I should consider buying it if STS takes forever to edit. re: biceps Maybe, you're having an off day. Have fun on the hill climb. This time I'll be pushing up with my cold, cold hands!:)

Laurie: Awww Poor Cami was stuck inside missing her momma! How sweet!!! I'm sure it wasn't sweet for your dh. When Baby starts whining, I want her to shut up right away!!! She's gotten better with whining though. When I tell her to stop it, she walks off, literally grunts and then loudly sighs. Cracks me up every time! Congrats to dd!!! It sounds like she's making gains. Next year, she'll run even better!!!! You know, I just read the Shred reviews over on VF for the first time. I was surprised to read so many glowing reviews. Not that 30 Day Shred is a terrible workout. The moves just didn't seem very well thought out. I would count it as a steady state cardio more than a strength workout. Maybe, I'm not fond of endurance type weight work. It would definitely be an add-on workout for me. But an add-on to what? Well, I would use it as a warm-up before a long 90 minute power yoga session with Eoin. I don't know if I would add it on to a long steady state cardio or even HIIT. I also agree with the one poster who said it looked to be an injury waiting to happen. Not that it moves too fast, but the shear amount of shoulder work doesn't appeal to me. Of course, I am biased in my injured opinion. I agree that you could X it up to intensify the workout for more of a cardio factor. But, it was hardly puke in the bucket for me as is without modification. Not that puking is a good thing!!! And, I don't consider myself cardio conditioned or endurance conditioned. Thinking aloud some more... I suppose doing all 2 or all three levels at once would be a good choice for a cardio based day for a heavy lifting rotation. Just my thoughts.

Carol: Welcome home!!! How was the trip other than the canceled flight? What did you get at CHAP. Guess what I just realized?!?! I scheduled the girls' evaluations for the Saturday that SEARCH is holding their convention!!!! UGH!!!! I might go to the convention on Friday if I finish their paperwork. But, knowing me, I'll procrastinate and stay up all night putting it together before their eval.

Debra: Where are you!!!!!!

Okay ladies, gotta get some lunch. Leftover ww pasta and salad.

Ballistic Hugs to ALL!

Wendy

Wendy/Laurie - For Shred I was wondering about just skipping the strengthening portion of the circuits and doing all the cardio and abs sections in one go. I think I could do most of the cardio on the rebounder and the abs at least gives you a break. I think that's what I'm going to try to do. Would this then be considered a HIIT w/o? I think it could be (at least for me - I'm solid intermediate) I'm going to try alternating strength 3x, HIIT &abs 2x, steady state cardio 1x per week and see how that goes with some Yoga mixed in somewhere. I'm really enjoying PUB, not so much PLB. I actually kinda like Leaner Legs.

I've gotta stop looking at buying DVD's and work with what I have which is a lot!:p :p

Jeanette - the GP was home visiting from pre-school for the weekend. All the kids (read parents) have to take turns taking him home. Actually it was good b/c it was entertaining from DS. I only have one Christ Taylors - Still Jumpin and have not done more than about 20min. of it. Just can't quite get into her yet. Maybe I need to try a step b/c I LOVE step and have to push myself to do something else. The BB games have I think 3 different start times 5:30, 7 and 8:30. I know, its a bit of a drag the later games but at least by then the sun usually isn't in your eyes.:)

Carol - a BIG HELLO. Hope you're recovered from your flight.

Best get back to work.

Patricia: Do you have a heart rate monitor? A HIIT workout is a personal thing based on your exertion level.

Wendy

I'm so behind the times!!! Debra sent me a text message. Her computer is down. She'll try to make it on the boards tomorrow to catch up with everyone.

Patricia: Best wishes with your new rotation plans!

Okay, I haven't decided what workout I'll do today. Perhaps BG. My shoulders are hurting today. Darn Jillian!!!! I iced it last night. Didn't get a massage from Phil since he was sleeping like a baby by the time I made it to bed.

Whoo Hooo!!! The twins finished their English book today! I'll have them do supplementary writing and dictionary skills until they reach 180 days.

Wendy

Quick post from me today. Just finished CC#6 (revised with Candace) and dripping wet. Nothing new here. Kim

Evening,
Got the bike ride in tonite, but it was a windy hill climb. One of the other gals showed but found out she'd brought her DH's cycling shoes, instead of hers. I'll be riding with her this coming Saturday at the organized bike ride. Looking forward to that. It's a beautiful ride that goes around the scenic Indian Valley. If we are lucky, we will get to see a herd of buffalo along the way. We usually see lots of wild turkeys too.

Laurie, my DH says I should never leave the girls (our dogs) in the house when I'm practicing my swing in the front yard. He says Lexxie our German Shorthair cries and cries for me and wants to come out with me. Once he lets her out, she retrieves the biggest rock she can and brings it into the front yard to show me. She's nutty about rocks. What a sad story about your dad and the carpooling accident. So sad. So are you hoping to go camping this weekend? I'm really looking forward to it myself. I have to go grocery shopping tomorrow, move food into the trailer and make a cheesecake for my DS's birthday. He's planning on camping near us and has promised to stop by our campsite for his CC.]http://mysmileyz.com/s/Barbeque.gif[/img]

Carol, did you have a good time in the wine country? Hope you can share some details from your trip.

Wendy, thanks for the push up the hill with cold hands this time. No chance of overheating today as the temps have dropped drastically. More wind tomorrow. If I hadn't done the ride today, I would have no other time to ride this week before the Saturday organized ride. Funny about how Baby handles your shush! Grunts and sighs. Sounds like my DH. How's your son doing in Germany? Thanks for letting us know about Debra's computer being down. I was starting to worry. Sorry about your shoulders hurting. Is it a muscle hurt or joint hurt? I used my Platemates today for some shoulder work in PUB. The front delt work. 8# just kills me so I used my 1 1/2#ers on my 5# DB's. My 8# and 15# DB's are neoprene. I'm thinking I can scrape off the neoprene and the Platemates will stick better. I've got to get busy scraping. I'm still hoping to get a 20# weighted vest.

Patricia, maybe I'll check out Still Jumpin. Think that's on the Fantastic Four DVD by Christi. Are you on an all ladies baseball team? What position do you play? That's pretty neat about everyone taking the GP home for a visit. Years ago when I was in 6th grade, my sister had a GP and was playing with it in the backyard. I was walking (without a leash) the neighbor's labrador retriever (Marty) and we cut thru the back yard. Well, Marty went straight for the GP, picked it up in his mouth and took off back to his house, with me in pursuit yelling and screaming. His owner came out of the house and tried very hard to get him to drop the GP, but it was too late. The GP died. Bummer, huh? Bet you could have done without that little story. Oh yes, with P90X I didn't have a pull up bar, I used my Bowflex and did lat pulldowns. I've never done a single chinup or pullup, or even tried. But remember, I AM the laziest Xer.

Kim, WTG on CC#6. I hear the there is now a CC#8 out.

Okay, got to run,

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.