Watercoolers Thursday.....

teddy16410

Cathlete
A-T-T-E-N-T-I-O-N

I left the building and LOOK what happens! :-( Checkins starting after 2am? Whats UP with you Coolers??????????

Time to crack the whip}( ..... WAKE UP LADIES!

WORK WORK

I'm not "back" just lurking & noticed West Coast Babes starting threads? Thats just not right!

Hope everyones well.... Life is movin' right along!

Luv & Hugs to ALL..... SARGENT SANDRA....GET ON THE BALL! :*

What a nice surprise to log on and see that our sweet Traci has paid us a visit!!!!!

Hope everyone has a fabulous day...I will be back in a bit!
Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Yea Traci :p

Dropped the little guy at daycare this a.m. and realized we forgot his little puppy so drove back home to get it. Only extra 15 min all together but better than getting a call at nap time that he won't go to sleep w/o his puppy.:eek:

Should be a relaxing day today. Going out for pizza for dinner tonight with FIl.

Broke down and order Turbo Jams this week and I'm trying to get into KB but just not really liking them too much but I've heard good things about how they lean out the thighs. Have CP1 and enjoy it but lean't it to my SIL and she lives 3 hours away so no idea when I'll get it back.

Just set-up a trade over on VF for Cathe's Cardio Fusion. Sending out Jari's R&C to Dubai. Wonder how long that will take to get there?

Hope everyone has a good day.

Good morning,

Traci, so glad to see you on here this morning!!! All was well in the world, for a little bit anyway.

Today was 4DS Chest & Back, then abs from Supersets and Push Pull. Nice. Did a bike ride last night, but it was an easy paced hill climb as I rode with my friend and didn't push myself so we could chat.

I got a good night's sleep last night. Just couldn't see myself staying any longer on the computer and posting.

Patricia, your post about your son's puppy made me think back to when we would rush to the drugstore late at night to find a pacifier (the right kind) for DS. Good trade for Cardio Fusion. That's a good one!!! I don't know where Dubai is. Is it in Africa? Restrictions at work: Hmmmm, no cameras, no cell phones, no knives, no tobacco, no drugs, no blue jeans, no provocative dressing. Have to be careful with sensitive info like SS#, etc. It's really not too bad. No nail file over 3" long. Enjoy your day off today. Wish I was off, I've had 2 days from hell at work.

Wendy, I sure wish we could ride together too. I think it would be a blast!!! No, you wouldn't be holding me up. I'm learning to vary my intensities and it's all good. Time spent with friends and family is always good! So you're looking at a squat rack? I'll be having to leave the TV room to go to another room where the Bowflex is to do my leg work. I need to go see how those work with the BF. Wow, that's a heavy harp and you will be upgrading to a bigger one???? And a bigger car? I'd be encouraging my child to take up the harmonica! LOL! Hope you win BIG!!! 7's, 7's, 7's, oh, is that another game?

Laurie, LOL about Julia Child and the sipping. Now that's why she enjoyed cooking so much. How was In The Ring today? Fun? Mind Boggling?

Debra, sounds like you had a fantastic time at the concert!! I'm so glad! Was it your first JB concert? Can't wait to see the pics. What kind of tailgate fare was to be had? Hope you get to ride this weekend. Don't forget to wear your helmet!

Sandra, you dubbed me the early thread starter and look who popped in and couldn't stand it! Our Traci! I'm enjoying my little Honda. I have to take it in on Wednesday for a paint protective coat and upholstery protection. Too bad on the Galibier jersey being Out of Stock. It's a beaut. Hope the weather shapes up soon. How much climbing is on your ride? Are you doing a metric or century? DH was called to a welding job on Monday so the ladders, power tools, screws, etc. are still on the deck, right where he left them.

Gotta run,

Jeanette

Back again for a minute...I got a lot of much needed sleep last night, so I am up and perky this morning...and getting all kinds of things accomplished!! I'm on my second load of laundry...I've made 2 of the 3 calls I need to make...Cleaned out the Diva's drawers and put away her clean clothes...uploaded pictures....and now I am headed up to workout...all before 10 in the morning...That must be a record for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeanette...
My pics are on my trail now...so peruse when you get the chance. As well as the burgers pictured, we also had shish ka bobs (chicken, beef and pork!), potato salad, chips and salsa, pistachios...etc. Nothing good for you...I am still so bloated from the drinking and the food...my tummy feels like it is gong to pop!! If I get a ride in, it will be tomorrow after class...and I promise to wear my helmet!! I am actually really good about that...unlike Traci!!

Patricia...
I know what you mean about the puppy...My DD has 'Lovey' who she has slept with since she was a baby...Lovey still goes everywhere we go. She has been all over the US and Russia! Have a slice of pizza for me...I think that is one of my favorite foods in the whole world. Kind of sad, isn't it?? LOL!

I think I caught up with everyone else last night...Hope you all have a wonderful day...I have a meeting for the dam* group presentation this afternoon, but should be around after that. Can you tell I am sick of worrying about the darn thing?!? Tomorrow will be strawberry day for us...I am taking DD to pick strawberries after school tomorrow and we are having strawberry shortcake, strawberry smoothies and strawberry fruit salad for dinner! CBL is coming over and we will grill out something to celebrate the warm spring day.

Also...my picture trail is updated with JB pics...See you all later!!

Debra

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Dang! I'm at work, Debra, and can't view picturetrails. I'll have to wait to get home to see your Buffett concert pics.

Morning Coolers,

Todays workout was In the Ring (warm-up and 1st Combo) and 4DS KB. :D As you can see I did manage to get through the 1st combo of In the Ring, and then I just was standing there looking at Amy like she was one crazy chick!!! Took the DVD out of the player, and finished up with some Cathe KB instead. I will have to take those combos one by one until I get them down pat. I think she throws to many things together at one time for me.

Traci, I'm up, I'm up!!! Stop cracking the whip!!! Glad you could stop by and start our post this morning. :D

Debra, I'm glad you liked the wine. Sometimes you never know how a regional brand will be. I like Reislings, so will have to get a bottle for myself. Fresh strawberries. :9 :9 I love shortcake, it is the best! Now I want some too. You are busy this morning, have a good workout. You know your idea of hiring someone is a good idea. Wonder if they even thought of that! DH has a cold now, wonder why that happened. Could it be because he isn't getting enough sleep! Only problem is that now he is snoring even harder. x(

Partricia, My oldest DD had a lamb that she would carry around with her, so understand your DS's need to have his puppy. Of course my oldest still carries around her ratty blanket, so I don't know if it really goes away. :7 :7 I only have a few Turbo Jams. I enjoy them, but like the style of Cathe, Kimberly Spreen and Billy Banks better. Everyone is different in what they like. Oh by all means have a glass of white, I don't discriminate as to the type of wine I enjoy. As the retreaters can verify. :7 :7 :7 I think you are going to have a great time at your first NASCAR race. Michigan is such a hard track to get in and out of though.

Jeanette, As you can see Amy was mind boggling!:D :D As I started the 2nd combo I felt like I wouldn't really get a good workout in, so opted not to finish the workout. I think it will be good, once I get all the combos down. Tracey was like that for me too. Maybe I should get her first KB workout, might that help me with her style? Glad you where able to get a better nights sleep.

Sandra, I did purchase the Hi/Lo workout too. Is that one just as confusing as the one I attempted this morning? x( If so there is going to be a huge learning curve for me. :7 :7 The new Oxygen is actually a good one this month. Sometimes the articles don't appeal to me, but I read this issue cover to cover. Have you noticed Robert Kennedy's articles on training? I like the fact that he is giving exercises for the at home person, and if you a go to the gym. The leg workout looks interesting too.

Wendy, Good to know that all the dairy I ingest is helping me! :7 :7 Guess it doesn't count when I have milk with an Oreo cookie though! :7 :7 Your organizing got me motivated last night to get my magazine pile taken care of. Now I just need to file the articles I ripped out! :D Will need to look up the You on a Diet program. ;-)

Have a great day!

Laurie

Good morning!

I see Traci's fingers got too itchy while lurking and she just couldn't resist shooting us a hello. Stop resisting us, Traci. You know you want to move back in. Come to Mama!!

This morning I'm going to do 4DS Bootcamp, including bi's, tri's & core.

Patricia - with my toddler it's a duck. She's had it since the day she was born, and is as much a member of the family now as she is. "Duck duck" has developed a personality in recent weeks, and she frequently can be heard scolding it, or instructing it to do something. Of course, she changes its diaper a few times a day, too. The other night when I told her to get Duck Duck from the living room, because it's bedtime, she stood in the kitchen and shouted, "Duck Duck get over here NOW!!!". Made me laugh so hard. Yeah, that's me, but usually I ask politely a couple of times before I get impatient and raise my voice.

Jeanette - Nice workout today. I see that Traci got all possessive about being Thread Starter all of a sudden :) Shall we have a jousting match to see who remains the Royal Starter? I know which one of you is the Royal Pain in the Butt.....;) Don't think there's much climbing on the TDA ride. We've signed up for the metric, but apparently can change to the century at any time, if we choose.

Debra - Good luck with your presentation! And the strawberry-asbourgh sounds orgasmic. Have a great time!

Laurie - Yes, Amy is a nutball crazy choreographer when you first give her a try. Keep at it, you'll get it. Spend time previewing, and pay very close attention to what foot she starts the moves on. She often switches sides without telling you. I really think the words "left" and "right" were left out of her vocabulary. And once you see how she does things, and get used to her count, all of the workouts get easier to learn. I think Hi/Lo Knockout might be a bit easier to learn. Hi/Lo Dome Challenge was probably the easiest to learn because she kept the combos really short - less to learn, and remember! I've picked up the new Oxygen, but only managed to glance at the interval run workouts so far. How do you follow those? How do you remember what to do next? Do you write it down and take it with you?

Wendy - So sorry you actually got a lower body workout from the LIS Lower Body Blast yesterday ;) :) ;) ;)

I'll come back and catch up with yesterday's posts later on. I've got to get my workout done and get started on other stuff.

Cheers!
Sandra

Back to say I have now accomplished my last phone call, another load of laundry and my workout!! See what happens with good night's sleep???

Back later to catch up with personals...
Debra

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Beautiful sunny day here. It was nice to get out at lunch.

Debra - loved the pics from the concert. So were you able to invite yourself to the "spread next door?" I'm sure in no time you were chatting them up. I love strawberries and been eating them almost every week for the last month. I used to have to go picking for them as a kid and resented every minute of it (too back breaking in my opinion). Also, the girls had to stay in the kitchen and wash, remove the blows and freeze them as the boys got to got and play... There is 7 in my family so when we went picking you can imagine how much we picked. 2 - 6qts per person. But the pay-off was having them in the winter.:p

Jeanette - I think Dubia is somewhere around India (United Arab Emirates if that means anything) No, I wished I had today off;( Sorry you've been having some hellish days}( TGIF tomorrow. I had the paint protection on my car, I could go up to 6 times over a period of 2-3 years (not sure). Well I missed the boat and never got it done and it was free:(

Laurie - for INR I use the Great pre-mix which skips combo/interval 2 and it puts the w/o under 1 hour. I traded away her Hi/Lo extreme as did it once and never felt like ever doing it again.

Sandra - loved the Duck Duck storey. My little guy has just started imagining/playing like that. This week he started to serve us dinner and makes me sit on the floor in the play room with him as he brings me "stuff" to eat. When I'm trying to get him to eat something sometimes I play-act I'm feeding his pupply and it quite offer works.

Guess I should get back to work.

Hi all....here again to catch up with some personals...I had a pretty productive day so feeling very accomplished...LOL! Tomorrow is strawberry afternoon/evening....I am planning on getting some daylilies planted in the morning....hopefully, anyway. I got some yummy brats for dinner tomorrow and salad stuff...plus stuff for fruit salad (wildly anticipating strawberries to add in) and strawberry shortcake and strawberry smoothies. Is it possible to overdose on strawberries?? Funny thing is, I don't really like strawberries...LOL! Just seemed like a fun thing to do with the Diva.

As far as my workout was concerned...I did PLB minus the lunges since they are still irritating my knee. Did I mention last week that I did something to my glute muscle, too??? I guess after 40 you start falling apart in pieces!! Anyhoo...my buttock is bothering me a bit after working out. Ugh.

personals.....

Laurie...
Sorry to hear DH is sickly...That is no fun for anyone in the house! When I moved to NC from Illinois, I had XDH's car transported here on a truck for under $600....I would think that would be cheaper than driving the van down there....even if the prices are more because of gas...Those guys transport multiple cars at a time. Just a thought anyway. Yes...you must get the Riesling..it was very tasty! I just got 3 bottles of wine from Childress...part of my free ones...but I haven't tried them yet. I will let you know what I think. I think Amy is just bad at explaining what she is doing...I like her moves...but she is incredibly hard to follow and no form pointers...which I personally need.

Sandra...
Your post to Traci cracked me up!! Love that, mama!! I also liked your story of duck-duck...My DD still tells her animals what to do. She plays with dolls and polly pockets, etc., but she still loves her stuffed animals and has games and all kinds of make-believe play with them. Hope you enjoyed your workout today. How is that dissertation coming along??

Patricia....
So glad you have sunny weather today. Our temps were in the high 70's...just wonderful. We should get in the 80's next week some! There were 7 kids in your family???? My goodness!! That's a lot! Not quite fair about the boys getting to play while the girls slave away in the kitchen, though. We won't get too many strawberries tomorrow, since it is just the Diva and me...and I don't even like them....We are going to get a few extra for CBL, though, since he loves them....He is going to take them to work and share, too. We actually did not eat any of the spread next door...but we met lots of folks. There was one man named Denton who took a particular liking to me and came by to visit often...and to look at our kabobs....LOL.

Okay...think that does it for me now...Hope everyone has a good evening. Where is everyone today?? I will see you later on!
Debra

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

LOVED the pizza tonight, especially when you don't have to cook it. Almost had a catastrophe at the table. When DH put the pizza on the stand that they place in the middle of the table it went flying and the guy at the next table caught our pizza. Couldn't even blame it on the little guy.

I ordered my TJ's this week and they were in the mail today so another YAHOO! Will wait maybe a week b/4 doing them. Ordered from a Canadian distributor not thru BB.

Just finished watch Survivor and it's getting pretty cutthroat now.

Debra - 5 kids + 2 parents = 7 Back in the days b/4 minivans and seatbelts were not mandatory. We all would be crammed into either a bit boat of a car and we had a p/u truck and most of the kids sat in the back. Don't see that these days anymore:) and we managed to survive.

LOVE the new picture on the Homepage. Wonder when more announcements will come out?

Just a flybe post for me tonight. Took ds to the surgeon today for a consult. He will be having surgery, it looks like it will be over the summer holidays but we don't have an exact date. ;( ;( Poor little guy!

I didn't make it on yesterday ds had a spring concert at school, it was very cute. I got a 5 mile run in tonight while watching Survivor. I'm off tomorrow so will hopefully get caught up on personals. Plan to do a major grocery shop in the morning and in the afternoon I'm finally getting my tooth fixed ( a crown)

Hope everyone is doing well, nice to see Traci posting! Kim

Hi all,
DH is laughing at the TV, Dean Martin comedy clips. They don't make TV shows like they used to. Really good stuff. Didn't do too much today after work. I'm going to do an easy middle chain ring ride right after work, then take a pizza over to Mom and Dad's. It's a bacon, chicken, artichoke garlic sauce pizza. Figure I'll give Mom and Dad a break from our cooking this week. I'll be watching Grandma on Saturday night for a few hours so Mom and Dad can get out, go to dinner together and go to a symphony performance.

Debra, you seem to be feeling less fatigued lately? It seems like it to me. You put me to shame with all you do. The Buffett concert and pre-game show sounds so very fun. Great food too! That bloat will go away. The strawberry picking and making strawberry foods sounds fabulous! No such thing as ODing on strawberries. I love them! What a wonderful day you have planned. Love the pictures! Sorry about the sore knee still and what the heck did you do to your glute? Seems like Eoin could help you out there.

Laurie, I know how you feel about trying to learn something more complicated. I usually reserve Saturdays for learning something new as I don't feel so pressured to get a workout in in my 60 minute allotment. LOL about the dairy with oreos! I have Amy's Hi-Lo Dome Challenge and it's not overly complicated IMO. Could be a good one to start with, but Sandra or Tracy would know better as they are more familiar with her stuff. Hope your DH gets over his cold soon.

Sandra, your toddler is such a character. My granddaughter does and says some funny things too. Yep, your comment about me being the official early morning thread starter was just too much for our Traci. I'll be happy to relinquish any title to her. Miss her so.... If your TDA doesn't have too much climbing in it, well, it'll be a piece of cake for you. Probably just a matter of getting the seat time in. I'm pretty excited about Sunday's ride. It's a beautiful one, but the food they serve is outstanding. They even have chocolate truffles at the lunch stop!!! And strawberry shortcake dessert. I won't even tell you about all the food they offer on this ride.

Patricia, hope you have a good day off work tomorrow. Decided to get pizza after hearing you got it. Think Mom and Dad will like it. I should bring a salad to go along with it but I'll have to look to see what I can add to some lettuce. Work was definitely better for me today, thank goodness. I got a lot done as the bosses were gone. There were 5 of us kids and Mom and Dad, all in a station wagon with no seatbelts. I remember my Mom many times reaching backwards (swinging) into the back seat while she was driving and yelling at us, "If I have to stop this car....". We were always teasing and fighting. Don't know how she did it.

Kim, what is your DS having surgery on? Hope it's nothing too serious. A major grocery shop is what I need. I'd like to get to Costco sometime.

Gotta go now,

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.