Watercoolers ***Olympic **Weekend

cab0899

Cathlete
Just starting us off. DH went and did a 4 mile run this am. He hasn't exercised in awhile so good for him. Does anyone else DH workout much?? I just finished Muscle Max, this one always has a dread factor for me, mostly I think because it's so long. Sunday is a rest day on the August schedule so I feel like I'm free for the weekend now!

We heading to the beach for the day, a beautiful public beach rather than a family cottage. Just the 4 of us so should be fun.DH packed a picnic as I was working out so I just need to go shower and get ready.Enjoyed watching the Olympics last night.

Jeanette I'm glad that you're enjoying some "me" time while DH is away. You well deserve your treats.

Debra/Wendy Hope to see some pics when you have a chance. Safe travels!

Laurie 6 mile run!! WTG!!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend! Patricia, did you get to enjoy the hot tub!
Kim

It sounds like you have a fun weekend planned!

My hubby and I go to the gym together, he walks some but nothing like I think is much of a workout. After were done, I log around 5-6 miles and he walks his 2-3mi. Then he mopes the whole night about how he wished he could have done more. Poor guy!!

Have a relaxing beach day!!!:cool:

Good Afternoon Ladies,

We packed up and left the beach by 9:30 this morning. We're crashing at MIL's house until Debra and the diva head back home. MIL is keeping the girls for me this week, so I can cram study.

Debra is busy taking over MIL's puzzle for her. We're all going to take naps before a full night of finishing off all the left over beverages.;)

I'll be back online to catch up on personals sometime this weekend. I think Debra let ya'll know I lost a whole post the other day.:mad:

Oh, we might leave early tomorrow morning and crash Cathe's gym before I drop Debra and the diva off at the airport. I'd like to blend in with the roadtrippers and buy PUB/PLB to take home with me. We'll see if I'm awake and feeling bold.:D

Wendy

Happy Saturday Everyone:

Last night the sky turned blue and it was the perfect weather to play BB in. (We won of course. I think we're #1 in our Division). Wore shorts but the night got cooler for the BBQ so would have like to have a sweater. Glad we all went inside around 9'ish as all the spouses were taking the kids home so we could play Texas Holdem! I've only played poker a few times and TH once about 2 years ago but it was all in fun. The stake was only $10 so nothing serious. And I wasn't the 1st one out of $$ (2nd though:D) We play a double header on Sun. to make up a rain-out. Hope it doesn't rain as the forecast does not look promising here. Rain of course today and coolish. I didn't get to sleep until after 1 or so and slept really fitfull. DH to DS with him for the day so I just relaxed in bed until 10:30. Can't remember when I did that last. Got up and did some retail therapy. It's amazing how much $$ you spend when you don't have a Toddler hanging onto your leg.:) Brent may not take Matthew again if he say my cc slips!

My Mom & Dad are going to a fiddle contest that is only about 1/2hr down the road from here. It's a week long event and you stay in trailers so they will be stopping in at our Walmart for the night this evening so will pop over and visit. Don't ask me why they don't just park in our driveway and stay the night. They are set in their ways I guess. Will hopefully get to see them at least 1 other time over the next week.

Either allergies or the cold is flaring up again so taking it easy today. Can't recover from "late" nights like I used to and that's with only 2 Woody's.

Jeanette - The pasta salad was good, just didn't put enough dressing on it I think. I always worry about over saturating things like that. Really easy dressing to make. Just some greek yogurt with Dijon mustard and mayo and a little apple cider vinegar. Yum Yum. I'll try to scan it and attach the recipe. It came from my Shape mag. How did the Dish install go? I highly recommend the Caramel Macchiato (sp?) at Starbucks. Yum Yum. My splurge whenever we're near one. I think my co-worker was mention Macular drusen on Friday. It runs in her family so she takes fish oil as a preventative. I'll double check with her on Monday.

Oh close one. I almost lost my post. Glad of the undo button here.

Kim - do you find your calves hurt after PLB? I find that I skip the standing calf work b/c the floor work w/the ball really seems to work them. I swear I got PF from too tight calves. Tell your co-worker to mind her own business as it sounds like you did everything right and for only 2 days. There must be lots of parents in the same situation, even having to leave their kids home alone before and after school. I haven't got that far yet obviously to worry about it, but I wonder how working parents manager w/o lenient employers. I so wish my DH would work out especially with his diabetes. He could lose 50#'s. When I first met him he was too skinny and we x-country ski, and rode our bikes and played ball hockey and sailed. Now he snow mobiles, rides atv and looks at motor boats. I just don't know what to do. Whenever I say anything he just calls me cruel. Unfortunatly when all his blood work this year came back he was the picture of health on paper. Even the dr was confused:mad: It's said to say but b/c he wears basket ball shorts everywhere we go and doesn't make an attempt to look "nice" I don't always like being seen with him. Isn't that terrible? He even bought a new mtn bike this summer and maybe has ridden it around the block once. On a good note, DS likes to w/o with me and even got down on the floor to stretch with me earlier this week.! Anyhow, hope you had a good time at the beach and enjoy your rest day tomorrow.

Laurie - good new hopefully on the Dentist search. I asked a woman last night who I play BB with who she goes to. She has a 6 & 3.5 yr olds and hirely recommended one so will check it out next week. I've had a lot of work done on my teeth and have really found that the work has come a long way over the years. i.e. better pain killers and procedures seem to be quicker now. I've got 2 titanium inplants for my front teeth due to trying to catch a baseball with my mouth a few years ago. Absolutely pain-free procedure considering. Going for a check up is a walk in the park for me now after that:cool: Well, good things come to those that wait. Sounds like you rid of a "bad apple". Hope this next boy works out so you can relax.

Debra - sounds like you need a vacation! :D Hope your reunion with CBL is joyous and that your travel home is uneventful. I guess Diva will be starting school soon? The malls were really busy today with back-to-school. Holy cow they've only been off for a little over a month. I guess 3 weeks left to summer for the kids. We start back the 1st weekday after Labour Day here. Time just flew by for you and Wendy I'm sure. We will have to start thinking about a retreat for next spring pretty soon. Wonder if Sandra is still available or we think of somewhere else.

Wendy - wow a whole week free of the Diva's. Will you have to drive down and pick them up? Hope you take advantage and get your studying done though. I think it's great that they can spend time with their Grandma. I'm hoping my DS will be able to spend a weekend with his but my parents are getting up there now. Crashing Cathe's gym sounds like fun. I don't think it'll matter if you weren't part of the RT. I think you'll really like the Pyramids too - mainly the premixes.

Well, haven't proof-read so hopefully everything is okay. Time to get up and think about dinner as the guys will be home shortly.

Talke later.

Good evening,
No workout for me this morning. I overslept and had just enough time to shower and do a little housework before the satellite installer came. Afterwards, I did some shoveling and weedeating. This evening, DH and I took the dogs out to the river and DH did some gold panning. It was nice and relaxing. I took a chair and some magazines to read. However, DH kept me busy with taking out the teeny bits of gold. Must have been all of maybe 12 or 15. Teeny. I'm sure this isn't the kind of color that drew the 49'ers out to California. Teeny...

Tomorrow I'm hoping to do the group bike ride, help DH afterwards and hopefully get in 9 holes of golf in the evening.

Patricia, ^5's on the division leaders! Glad you had a good time. Don't know when the last time was that I slept in until 10:30. I usually get too sore just laying there. Where do you get Greek yogurt? I hear it is really good. I'll have to check out the Caramel Macchiato sometime. All I ever usually have is a nonfat chai latte. Pretty boring, huh? I was indulgent again tonite and had a frozen yogurt with toppings. Yep, please check with your co-worker re: macular drusen. My eye dr. said to eat lots of spinach too. I've given up on saying anything to my DH about exercising because if he does it for me, it won't last long. He too could lose about 20# and look good. That beer puts a gut on the fellas for sure.

Wendy, how fun, fun, fun to get to go to Cathe's gym. Hope you aren't too sluggish, but then that might have been the RT in July.;) PUB/PLB is a good one.

Kim, I haven't done MM yet, might have to be on Tuesday as my bike ride is tomorrow. I'm falling way behind here. My DH doesn't work out, but he can do pretty hard manual labor when required to. I too enjoyed the opening ceremonies of the Olympics last night. Didn't get around to watching anything today though.

Good night,

Since I can't fall asleep for the life of me... I'll try to catch up on personals. Yep! You read correctly. It's 4:30 AM and I'm still awake!!! Debra keeps waking up. I think she finally fell asleep about thirty minutes ago.

But! I did Eoin's free podcast tonight. It was the Tragically Hips one. NICE... considering I left my yoga dvds out in the car. Not once did my shoulders hurt!!!! Even in child's pose without doing major cardio or any cardio first.

After yoga, I played on the computer, drank some coffee (I know. I know.) and ate an everything bagel. YUM!!!!

Now that I'm sufficiently carbed and caffeinated, I'll try to catch up on a couple of personals before I catch a couple hours of sleep.

Jeanette: You crack me up!!! You are on a roll tonight. Did you sarcastically shout, "Eureka!" when the Captain struck gold? :D I literally muffled a laugh when I read your personal to me for the second time. It took me a minute to get it. Yes, I'm special.:eek: We're going to leave the house at 8:45. If traffic is light, I'll have time to run into Cathe's gym and see if they are still selling dvds. If not, I can always order it, pay shipping, and patiently wait two days for it to arrive. LOL I didn't watch the opening ceremonies. I hear they were awesome! I wonder if it will be aired again.

Patricia: Glad the skies cleared up for the game and party. I haven't had a real "late night" in ages. In fact, my next door neighbor of 10+ years has never seen me drunk. She's seen me tipsy. I get tired before I get hammered these days. I can't handle the morning after!!! How cute that your ds models after you with exercising. My middle ds used to copy me vacuuming. I'm sure his future wife will thank me.:rolleyes: LOL Try not to let how your dh is dressed in public bother you. When I first met my dh, some of my gfs told me that he was too skinny. I almost let the superficial nonsense stop me from dating him. But, you know what. Screw them!!! He's a GOOD Man!!! Those "gfs" would be so blessed to have a man like him give them the time of day. Sometimes dh will wear clothes with black grease stains out in public. I could care less what strangers think of him. However, I did complain a couple of times when we were going to meet my friends. He changed clothes. So, he must of known how grungy he looked. LOL I can understand how you feel about your dh not working out. I find it amazing that his blood tests came back normal considering how much weight you say he put on. I agree with Jeanette. He's got to do make positive life changes for himself. There have been PLENTY of times in my marriage where dh will do something just to make me happy. I'm not talking about little stuff like giving me a massage. LOL More like major decisions. But, I won't let him do it just to make me happy because I don't want him resenting me down the line when he's miserable. I'd rather give it up than have that happen. KWIM?

Kim: My dh is an X Dropout. Prior to that, he was the Skipper. I just refer to him as the Skipper. LOL In his defense... he does work a physically demanding job. He's a sprinkler fitter. So, he's up and down ladders carrying and installing pipe all day. When he's home, his time is spent with household duties and the kids. He might start the X again in the winter. Yes, MM has the dread factor for me! I first did it after completing the X. I couldn't believe how difficult it was. I think I matched Cathe on all the exercises though. But, man it was TOUGH! How was your day at the beach? I miss the beach already!!!

Well ladies, if I fall asleep now, I'll get three hours of sleep before I have to wake up.

Sweet Dreams!!!
Wendy

Hmmm... You'd never know I typed that about my husband today. Debra had the pleasure/horror of witnessing one of my Lindy moments.:eek: We would have had enough time to run into Cathe's gym, check to see if they were still selling dvds and tees, and take a few pictures. BUT! It seems this was one of those moments Eoin is always chirping about on PY4H. Yes, you detect a wee bit of sarcasm. Dh apparently doesn't remember his ole stomping grounds!!!! We got lost. Yep. Apparently, dh doesn't remember Glassboro/Deptford sober.:rolleyes: Poor Debra had to speak to me with a soft, mellow voice that all children should aspire to learn before their characters are fully developed. LOL Without reliving the nightmare, let's just say that I'm not dedicating a yoga workout to him any time soon.:p

Really, I'm over it. Once I dropped Debra off at the airport and she started making me cry, my anger melted and Phil immediately forgave my public in the middle of the road temper tantrum and cellphone outbursts of rage.

Hopefully, Debra's flight didn't get delayed. It's been thundering and lightening and pouring rain since we dropped her off at the airport.

I also forgot to tell you all... She will probably be on tomorrow for personals. I was supposed to tell you all that in my last couple of posts. Oops!

I'm going to take a short nap and hit the books.

Ballistic Hugs to ALL!!!
Wendy

Hi all!! The diva and I are home safe....and sweet CBL made me a great dinner...steamed crab legs, crab cakes, crab dip and boiled shrimp!! Yummy!! You think he is looking for some sort of reward??? :rolleyes: OUr flight was 2 hours late getting in because of the weather in Philly...:( Anyhoo...will be back on for a real post tomorrow...:p

Hi gals,
Today was a bike ride with a friend this morning. Only 2 of us showed up for the "group" bike ride. Did 28 miles. Afterwards a cup of coffee at Starbuck's and then home to finish weedeating. Took a little nap while watching the end of the NASCAR race with DH, visited with DS and then off to hit some balls and play 9 holes. My neighbor was there too, and asked if we wanted to play 9 holes together, which we did. It was a pleasant evening. Tomorrow, after work, DH has to have a blood test and I have to have a new retainer made so will get that done. We plan on doing some more shoveling in the back yard when we get back. Getting closer to getting the patio ready for pavers.

Debra, I just read to DH what your CBL made for dinner, and he replied, mmmmmm. We both love crab and shrimp. I need to look up a crab cake recipe sometime. Not sure I've ever had them before, but they sound delish! Glad you and Julia made it home safe and sound.

Wendy, sorry about poor Phil getting lost. I'm sure he's forgiven you by now and I'm sure Debra still loves you. Your studies sound pretty heavy duty. So did you leave your children at your MIL's? Not sure I got that right. So glad to hear that your shoulder is doing so much better. I wonder how Traci's shoulder is doing. No, we are not getting rich on the Captain's gold diggings....yet. For some reason, he's always been interested in prospecting. Okay, he goes with me once in a while to drive the golf cart, so at least I can go with him when he pans for gold. It's all about give and take. Actually, he's a saint, along with your Phil. We're married to guys that I consider "gold". And not the flaky kind like I picked out of the goldpan with tweezers.

Well, better get to bed here soon. Talk to you all tomorrow. Think I may skip my rest day and do Muscle Max to catch up.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.