Watercooler Weekend...It's Wendy's B-Day for Real!!

Just finished GS BSB and my forearms are burning! Canada finally won a medal this morning at the Olympics, I wonder if our whole country will be able to win as many medals as your one swimmer! LOL

Hi all!! Hope everyone is having a fun weekend so far. I had a great dinner with CBL last night....We went to a nice Italian restaurant and I had veal with eggplant, ham and mozzarella...And CBL had linguine with clams, mussels and shrimp....Yumm-o!! :)

The good news is that my butt/hammie doesn't hurt today!!!! Yipee!! :D I am still going to take it easy and build up to heavier work, but this is a good start. Don't know what type of workout I will do today....we'll see what I am in the mood for later. :rolleyes:

personals....

Kim...
I know...Phelps is just doing phenomenal in the Olympics! He is an amazing athlete. Good luck with those forearms today. Hope you are having a fun weekend with your family!

Jeanette...
Either you are still riding or you are watching DH busily pan for gold!! Hope you're having fun either way. So sad about your volunteer...it is awful to have something that tragic happen. I don't remember whose side you were on during the 'ice cream wars'...LOL! Does the Tick look bigger to you??? She seems bigger to me...LOL! :rolleyes: My mom over feeds her and gives her treats when we are out of town. Polly is her happy self as usual...We have had a lot of squirrels on the back patio lately and she just goes nuts every time she sees one!! :) We were right by the golf tourney last night at the restaurant we went to...I guess a couple of the players had been in earlier in the week...and some caddies had been there, too. Of course, no one famous came in while we were there....Just some old man at the bar who kept telling CBL to kiss me some more...WTH?? :eek: Then the old guy offered to buy me a drink...in front of CBL! I politely declined since we had half a bottle of wine left. People are crazy! You always have an open invitation to come visit anytime you want!! :)

Okay...think that about does it for me now...I am busy holding the sofa in place today...not much else going on...I will probably start to look through my textbooks this weekend....Class starts on Monday! I also have a baby shower to go to tomorrow afternoon...I bought a gift...Do I really have to go??? :p

Evening All

Last night I did LIC minus the abs. Thought I would get around to abs today but no such luck. Been a busy day. We got up early and went out for breakfast then off to buy a new mattress. Was hoping for a King but a bedroom is just too small for it. We don't get delivery for about a week though. It was a really good deal - they gave us a $1,000 gift card so may get a washer/dryer for the cottage next spring. Got my body perm this afternoon and I really like how it turned out. Then went to meet the family at the fiddle contest. DH took our BBQ and did chicken drumsticks and ribs and corn and beets and yams/potatoes. yum yum. We took a co-worker with us who was interested in seeing the fiddling and step dancing and she seemed to enjoy herself. Getting up early tomorrow to drive to the cottage to pay the Taper and talk to our painter + to meet with a neighbour to discuss a private road that runs behind our cottage. We're water access only but a group got together to build a private road but it seemed to be a pyramid scheme so we didn't buy in but now it sounds like they can't pay the taxes so may go municipal. Our fingers are x'd:D

Debra - glad to hear you're not in any pain from yesterday's w/o. CBL sure likes his seafood? Can't blame him. Loved the new pics especially of Tick. I'm a cat lover and we're very close to getting a new kitten. Just want to wait until after our vacation in Sept. School starting on Monday. Better you than me. I'm sure it will take a little getting used to both you and the Diva sitting at the kitchen table doing homework!

Jeanette - so sorry to hear about the motorcycle accident. What a tragedy. Will it be hard to find someone to replace him as it sounds like he was doing a lot of good work? The Olympics are sure making the couch an attractive alternative to w/o. Hey, we finally got a medal and I think it was in wrestling. I guess that means don't mess with us Canadians:p Have fun golfing tomorrow evening. Did you bike ride go well this a.m.?

Kim - How is your vacation going so far? I wonder if our poor showing so far at the Olympics is a direct result of $$ or not. Just watching the the women marathon's. Wow, 2:26 and there was no contest hardly for the winner. Glad to hear your dog is doing better. It's just like babies who can't tell you what is wrong with them. Hopefully he gets better after this as he should have a few more good years left.

Wendy - HAPPY FOR REAL BIRTHDAY. Hope you're being treated like a princess. How did your hair turn out?

Okay, off to see what Sandy has been up to.

Just popping on for a quick hello before heading off to bed...alone, I think...Hopefully the diva won't be kicking me at 2am! :eek: For my workout today I did one of the premixes from KPC (or KFC if you're Jeanette :))...and I also started doing my 1RM for STS. I did one exercise for each upper body part. I will continue on this way, I guess, until I finish the exercises listed for STS. Has anyone else started???? Did you know you get your ranking against all other Cathe folks??? :eek: I didn't think I did all that bad considering I have definitely not been lifting very heavy lately...well, who am I kidding...I haven't been lifting at all...LOL! I am planning a SH rotation starting next week. I love that set of workouts...and I usually see good results with them. I just hope I don't get too voracious...I am really happy with my current weight.

Patricia...
It does sound like you had a busy day!! I hope you are enjoying your time with your parents. It sounds like they are really into the fiddling contest...who knew such things existed...LOL! :rolleyes: I am sure dh did a great job of grilling, too. Good luck with your errands at the cottage tomorrow. I guess by next year you guys will be able to get a lot of use out of it. Glad you liked the pics of my kitty....Her real name is Chelsea...but she got the nickname of 'the Tick' since she is sooooo fat and she has a small head...she looks like a tick engorged with blood...Kind of mean, hunh??? LOL! She really is a sweet cat...everyone who came on the retreat loved her...she is getting old, though. She will be 14 on September 1st. What is going to be hard about school...at least at first...will be getting up early in the morning!! We have been sleeping late all summer...and we are both in for a big shock on Monday!! :eek:

Okay....that is it for me today!! Hope everyone has had an enjoyable Saturday!!

Hi all,
Finally sitting down to write. Had a good bike ride today. There were 4 of us and we did 56 miles. It was pretty warm at the end but I handled it fine. We stopped once along the way and had coffee and a cookie. After I got home, I took a little nap on the couch. DH and I left around 4 p.m. for the woods and gold panning. He only got a couple specks this time. I got to relax and read a couple magazines and lay down on a blanket. It was really nice. Tomorrow will be working in the back yard and housework. Hoping to play golf in the evening.

Debra, so you've started doing your 1rpm? Good for you! I've been reluctant to start. Guess I'd better start sometime too. I'll have to check out the WM and see how to get a listing of the exercises. So are you doing them on a weight workout day? I wish Cathe would come out with some kind of rotation that uses them. You know me, I want someone else to figure it out, and actually DO it for me :p. Thanks for the open invite to your home :D. Hopefully, we'll have another retreat and get to meet again. Such a special time it was. The Tick looks about the same to me. Has her health been good lately? Your dinner sounded scrumptious! I think you go out to dinner more than anyone I know. We have only a few restaurants in our town. I do love good food, but then who doesn't? That old guy sounded goofy. Seems sometimes like I attract the crazies.

Patricia, congrats on the new bed. About 5 years ago, we finally got a queen sized bed. Can't believe we had the full size for all those years. And with 2 dogs and a cat sleeping with us. The fiddle outing sounded like fun. Glad you like how your perm turned out. The man who got killed was a huge help to the religious program at the prison. All volunteer work. He spent mega hours helping the inmates and traveled from his home 2 hours away every week. It's so sad. I was thinking about it a lot today.

Kim, that BSB was a burner for me too, however, I didn't do the wrist curl exercises as I was running short on time.

Wendy, hope you had a very happy birthday. We want to hear all of the details!

Night, night. I'm watching the Sci Fi channel right now. Gravedancers. Don't know how much I can watch as I don't do horror movies well.

Good Morning Ladies!

After driving home from Jersey, shopping for massage supplies, quickly coloring my roots, learning about joints and massaging, flying home and packing after 11 PM, driving to State College till 3:30 AM, I was TIRED on my birthday!!!

Thanks for all the birthday wishes again!!!:):):):) I spent the day shopping for an 80 gig ipod and MyChelle products, going out for awesome pizza and beers, and catch-up sleeping!!! Phil made dinner while I napped. Woke up in time to eat, pick ds up from his football scrimage, and watch the Obama and McCain discussion before falling asleep again. All in all, it was a full day.

I tried to book a massage. Remind me to always have someone answer the phone on a Saturday and to have weekend hours. I do believe there's a market here for therapists who want to cater to Penn State weekenders.

Opening up another window for personals.

Ballistic Hugs to ALL!!!
Wendy

Sandra....If you are lurking.....

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Good morning to everyone else! Hope everyone is well this morning....I actually have on my workout clothes already!! WooHoo!! :rolleyes: I am starting on Slow and Heavy today with wild anticipation of actually getting back into a routine!!:eek: Anyhoo....No time for personals now...Gotta get going since I have to go to a baby shower this afternoon.....I really don't want to go. Ugh. First of all, the shower is for my high school boyfriend's wife...who has always thought I was going to steal her man back :confused:. AND there will be women there who I haven't seen since high school when he and I dated. Ugh. And they were all fat then, so I am assuming they are all fat now :eek:...so I want to wear something that makes me look hot but not too over the top for a baby shower. Is that bad of me??????? :p:p:p I didn't like them then...and I really have no desire to see them now. At least my mom will be there...maybe I can scoot out early after I have paraded myself around for a while...LOL!! Do you think I am a bit shallow??? :rolleyes:

Okay...enough about me and my insecurities...LOL!!

Jeanette...
Really quick...about the 1RM...Yesterday I did it before a cardio workout...but today I am going to do it before a weight workout. After doing a warm up, I just picked an exercise for each upper body part (not doing to lower until I am completely healed!) and did my reps til exhaustion and then recorded it. I will do the same thing today with another set of upper body exercises. I did give myself some rest in between sets to make sure my muscles could recover properly. Hope that helps....Let me know if you have any other questions.

Wendy....
Just wanted to send you a great big wave!!!!!! Have a great rest of your birthday weekend!!!!

Okay...off to workout....wish me luck at the da*n baby shower!!

:):):):):):):):):):) HAPPY BIRTHDAY DOC!!!!! :):):):):):):):):):)

Sandra,

I'm pm'ing you a birthday wish just in case you're too busy to lurk. Gosh, I miss you bunches!!!!!

MWAH!!!!
Wendy

I have a little time before I have to pick ds up from work.

Debra...
OMW! I LOVE the Tick!!!! Wooo Hooo!!! All rearing to push play are you? Have fun with the Addys!!!!:D

Jeanette...
I talked to my teacher about your glute issue.:D When you are in you relief position on the bike, what direction are your toes pointed? Are they pointed down, up, to the outside/inside? Where is your weight placed? In you arms, on your affected leg? And, do you think it's tight from golfing?

Okay, I need to brush my teeth before I inflict coffee breath on the public.:eek:

Wendy

Oh my goodness, I just finished MIC, that must be the hardest cardio dvd ever, I think I prefer running a half marathon. LOL

Got to run as have my nephew's birthday party and ds's football game. It's 32C out, the football players are going to be hot! Will catch up on personals this evening.
Kim

I survived

Hi all!! I survived the shower....And made a couple of the women jealous...which was very satisfying! LOL! :eek: I know, I know....I am a bad person....but some of those women were really mean to me back then...so...now, I am smarter and thinner!! What else can you want...LOL!

I did do SH chest and back today leaving out the planks....I will add those on my cardio workout tomorrow. I also did another round of 1RM...if you go to my space you can see what I have done already. I will probably leave off the chest and back 1RM's tomorrow, since I am planning on having DOMS from today and I am sure I would get a skewed result from that.

quickie personals.....

Kim...
I don't think I have ever done MIC...it always looked like waaaay too much work for me...LOL! :rolleyes: Hope you have fun with all of your afternoon activities!!!

Wendy...
Glad you made it safely back from Jersey! Sounds like you had a good day yesterday. Pizza and beer are always a good thing! ;) Was Baby happy to see you guys?? I am sure she will be glad to be home this week. Good you got some catch up sleep...You had a full week of tests at school...You must have been tired....especially wit all the driving back and forth from home to Jersey to SC...lots of road time. Did you yell at Phil at all during the trip??? LOL! :p

Jeanette...
Sounds like you had a good day yesterday....Hope DH finds that big nugget soon!! I guess you reward for all of your hard work around the house today will be golf tonight. Good going, little grasshopper! :rolleyes: The Tick seems to be doing just fine lately. She got VERY spoiled while we were away...My mom dotes on her like a grandchild...LOL. We do go out to eat a lot....mostly because I am too lazy to cook! :eek: We are having shish kabobs tonight on the grill with some rice...CBL will be here in a few minutes.

Okay, all.....gotta run for now. Wish me luck on my physics class in the morning....Hopefully I don't run out of there screaming! Or having to hire a tutor! :confused:

About to do my PT exercises and cash in on a birthday back rub from ds before we leave for home.

Debra: You'll do great!!! If not, you can always hire a tutor and bake the teacher cookies. ;) I had to hire a tutor for physics when I was in college for civil engineering. He was my co-worker when I interned for the local public works department. He was a teacher's son, cheap, and excellent. If it wasn't for him, I'd have probably failed since I suck with multiple choice quizzes!!! I don't why I love planks. LOL on not skewing your DOMS!!! No yelling at Poor Phil. I knew the way to State College!:p

Kim: LOL on your reaction to MIC. That was one of the first cardios I did after finishing the X. It made me feel like my legs were made of lead!!! Have a great time at the birthday party, and try to keep cool at the game!

Okay, best set up the pulleys, weights, and bands.

Ballistic Hugs to ALL!
Wendy

Hope everyone had a great day! It's super hot here, well what we think of as hot maybe down south it wouldn't be considered so hot. 32C, the poor kids playing football and the poor parents sitting in the stands. I feel like I have heatstroke. LOL

Laurie I'm sure you're really looking forward to those Saturday am sleepins. It's just such a nice feeling to know that you don't have to be somewhere by a certain time.

Patricia Hope your energy level improves soon! Are you getting some of this heat in Ontario?? The new kitten sounds like fun, my coworker just got a little kitten and we were trying to come up with names for it on my last day of work. SO cute! LOL, on spending too much money while on vacation, it is so easy to go to movies, shopping, minigolf etc when you have the extra time. How did the road discussion go today?? Did you see that Canada now had 7 medals??

Deb I KNOW I would be in the ice cream group, hmm, I'm wondering who wouldn't be in the ice cream group. Loved the pet pictures, thanks for sharing. Ohh, I had a little laugh about your baby shower experience, it's okay thinking these things, much better than saying them outloud. Good luck with your class tomorrow, why are you taking physics?? Is this just a prep class for the physio degree?? You'll have a busy week with S&H and classes. I haven't tried the 1 RM yet.

Jeanette I smiled thinking of you sitting outside typing to us, sounds very nice. That's is so sad about your volunteer at the prison. Sounds like he used the years he had to do a lot of good work. Fall is definitely my favourite time of year as well, I'm sure with your hot summers, you must really enjoy the coolness.

Wendy What a busy birthday you had! Is everyone glad to be home?

Kim

Good Evening All

Just home from winning yet another BB game. We're into play-offs now so they're getting tense. We had to go into 2 exta innings to win though. Play again Friday night and they want to practice tomorrow but not sure if I'll go.

Kim - the road discussion is really a funny thing. If anyone knows anything about access roads let me know. Anyhow, sounds like one of the cottagers is hiring a lawyer to see if we can use this private road but we're really not interested in helping to pay legal bills for something that we don't really need and not in our financial planning. So we will see. I had not heard the news about more medals. I knew we would get some more though.

Wendy - sounds like you need to designate another day as your birthday and celebrate it in style as this one must have just flown by.

Debra - hope you remember to set your alarm clock.

Jeanette - sounds like with the little success at gold paning you're going to work tomorrow. I haven't checked my lotto numbers from last night but I'm not holding out too much hope.

Laurie - waving hi

I'm off to bed and flush out my eyes. I think I've got drywall dust in them, they're so gritty.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,
Got up this morning, did a GS Chest & Triceps superset premix, then did the abs and planks from SJP. After that, did some housework and helped DH with more shoveling and leveling. We're now to the point of spreading gravel and leveling that. Shouldn't be too much more before we're ready to add the sand and then pavers. It's just been so darned hard to work in the heat of the late afternoons. Sun is just cooking on that side of the house. After we knocked off about 3, I showered and we watched NASCAR (still watching it thanks to DVR). DH and I went to the golf course where I had a terrible round. After we were done, I went to the driving range and was struggling there too. DH came over and proceeded to try to help me. I went along with it because I wanted him to actually hold a golf club and see how hard it was. Of course, he set the ball down on the mat, swung the club in a very beginnerish way and hit the ball out of the park!!! I'm telling you, it sailed!!! Of course, I praised him lavishly. After he repeated that numerous times, I told him to take my driver (which I don't ever use because I'm a klutz with it). He then proceeds to knock it so far out I can't even follow it. All with this little beginner non-swing thing that a 4th grade non-athletic person would do. I'm amazed!! Then he starts telling me that I need to line up the little arrow on the driver with the ball. Of course, I'm thinking of all this stuff the golf pro told me, but hey, I'm just glad he's participating. I try it his way and voila! I hit it way out there and put it in the air, something I've been struggling with on the driver! Over and over and over again. By this time, he's acting like Arnold Palmer. Like he's been playing and teaching for years...:rolleyes: Anyhows, I ended up a happy camper. Who knew?

Patricia, congrats on winning yet another game! You guys are unbeatable. Have you been playing together as a team for a long time? Same players year after year? Good thing we don't have to rely on our gold diggings to be sure we have food on the table. Guess I will go in to work tomorrow. Go check those lotto numbers. You may be a millionaire right now!

Kim, finally cooling down a bit here. This week will be in the 80's I think. Nice. How hot in Fahrenheit is 32C? Keep that sunscreen close at hand. Can't believe I never used sunscreen until about 8 years ago. Dummy me. The volunteer at the prison will be missed. He sure gave a lot to help those inmates with their faith. He was also a mentor to our Protestant Chaplain (according to the PC). Brought him back to a child like faith again and away from all the theology and legalistic stuff. Kim, I call MIC "the Flight of the Bumblebee". It just seems so frantic to me (the hi-lo fiddle music part).

Debra, bet you looked smashing at the shower! Hey, you've worked for it! I really was so frustrated at one point, I could see myself breaking my club over my knee! I even drank some of DH's beer to see if it would relax me. I was just too uptight. Of course, one lesson with my in-home pro and I'm a star again LOL! How were the skishkabobs? Does the Tick like your Mom too? Debra, I see where others have written re: the 1rpm that they are overwhelmed because they don't know the names of the exercises. I'm kind of the same way too. I just need to start and do the ones that I do know.

Wendy, re: the glute issue, it really doesn't feel like a glute thing at all, it's above the glutes in the low back. The relief position on the bike would be to not be bent forward, but to sit straight up. My feet would be just flat on the pedal and pointed straight ahead. The relief is immediate when I do that. I don't have a problem when just riding normally, or for short climbs, it's just the long climbs. Even on the 56 miles yesterday, it never bothered me because there were no long climbs. This morning I got up and was very stiff and sore. After doing my workout, I took some extra time and did some hamstring stretches, childs pose, laying on my back and twisting to either side with my legs, pigeon, glute stretches. Anyway, I never had any more soreness or stiffness today that I can think of so something helped stretch that area out. Tomorrow is Monday and I'll probably do a short golf workout DVD that I've not done before, plus some stretching. I don't think the golf has anything to do with it, it's the cycling and tightness (hamstrings?) it causes I'm pretty sure. Which MyChelle products did you purchase for your birthday?

Happy Birthday, Sandra!! Hope you had a great day today! Miss you.

Night all,

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.