Watercooler ----Weekend

Hi again,

I didn't see another thread, so I'm assuming this is it.

I'm not sure what I'm doing today. TTom finally arrived, so I'm feeling much better. I'm going to start the June 07 rotation shortly. I haven't done S&H or the pyramids in a while. I'm on the fence about starting it today or taking a few more days of recovery. I don't feel that beat up, so I may just start today. I'm on a maintenance weight lifting program at the moment. I only had S&H on VCR and found it on Amazon yesterday on dvd for $20 new. I was happy about that.

Sandra - I've got enough Amy right now too. She has more coming out, but I'll look very closely before I preorder any more cardio. I'll never buy any of her weight work again. I'm like you and can't get to what I have. The new ones are less high impact which I like. I enjoy HLX, but it is really high impact. I thought the new Tracy S. KB looked pretty good, but I'm going to wait for reviews on that. I've decided to use CM for a few week just to change things up a bit. CM2 yesterday felt hard, but then I haven't been doing much supine core work. I have to be really careful with the med ball work and my back. Sometimes she moves so fast that I think it is just asking for an injury or maybe I'm just getting old:)

Hi to everyone who is around this weekend.

Tracy

Good morning!

I just finished Eoin's new PY4H2, Shoulder High premix (34mins). Loved it. Love, love, loved it. I feel ready now to sit still in a chair for a while. I have a full day of that training course today, starting at 8am.

Tracy - Yes, I think she goes too fast with that med ball in places, too, and yes, there is potential for injury. I like using it, though. I'm trying to be cautious with it. Wow! SH for $20, dvd, is a great deal! I never thought I'd see Cathe's stuff sell so cheaply. And with the ability now to mix and match that one, you'll be able to challenge yourself even more. Enjoy your new rotation!

I caught up with everyone last night, so go back and read yesterday's post if you're inclined. Otherwise, have a great day and I'll see you tomorrow.

Cheers!
Sandr

Hi Ladies,

I'll have to go back and read yesterday's posts. After my massage, we went out for dinner. Then I came home and fell fast asleep.

I am impressed with this massage therapist. She is good! She knows anatomy!!! I couldn't give her a good description of where I was feeling the pain because it was a general pressure that would culminate to the entire back if I overdid it. At first, she didn't use much pressure. It felt nice, but it didn't feel like she was getting to the trigger points. After the first 10-15 minutes, she started feeling the knots deep down in my back. OMW! She kept saying your back is CRAZY tight!!! It's mainly in my rotator cuff. To get to my rhomboids, she had me stick my arm out like a chicken while I was lying on my stomach then and slide my hand to the opposite part of my back. Normally, one's elbow should fall over and be able to touch the massage table. Of course, mine couldn't. While in this position, she was able to get under the shoulder blade and reach the rhomboid which was massive tight! OUCH, in a good way!:D When she did the same thing to my left side, she placed her one hand underneath the top of my arm while pressing slightly on my rhomboid... OMW! Remember when I couldn't get into child's pose? Well, that's the same feeling I got when she did that in the top of my shoulder where all the heads meet.

She said it wasn't caused from yoga. That it was most likely a pre-existing condition which was brought to my attention when I went to yoga. It was my body saying, "Enough already!" We both think it's from rounding my shoulders and a bad habit of lifting my shoulders. I've constantly caught myself lifting my shoulders since then!!! The more I think about it, I think these bad habit started during my time in Thailand from sitting on wood platforms (couch), eating on bamboo mats, and sleeping on HARD surfaces.

The good news is that it didn't feel like I tore anything. My upper back and shoulders are just extremely tight and filled with knots. She also felt a trigger point in my delt area that I never noticed until she was massaging it. She noticed that I had circulation problems with my hands getting very cold. Anyhow, my delts are very stiff. She asked me if I ever wake up with my hands numb. I told her they get numb during the night and wake me up all the time. Here it's cause of my stiff delts. Who knew!

Anyhow, the earliest I could make another appointment was for May 6th at 7:00. She teaches high school english during the day. So, her evening schedule is booked. Also, I'm going up to State College next week, and my upcoming weekends are hectic to say the least.

She did say that I could start with yoga and upper body workouts again. But, if my back starts giving me problems, I have to back off! So, today I'm going to finally do Eoin's PY4H2!!!!:) :) :) I'm not going to jump right back into power torture yoga. It's hard to back off in class.

Enough of my selfish post. Gotta open a window for personals.

Wendy

Heading back over to yesterday's posts....

Meanwhile...

Tracy:)
Is dh doing the happy dance? Phil does when TTOM finally arrives. :7 Was the $20 SH dvd being sold by Amazon or a seller through Amazon? No matter, that is an awesome price!!!

Sandra:)
Now, you've got me excited about doing PY4H2 today!!! Ooo, enjoy training day! The Y is so blessed to have you teaching there! Oh, the roadtrip! I totally forgot about registration starting until I tried to load up Thursday's posts. I kept getting a timed out. Must have been a lot of Catheites trying to get on the forums at the same time to shout out their invoice numbers. Even with all the excited hoopla over registration, I still don't have any desire to attend. I still don't feel like I'm missing out on anything. You'll be glad you're doing pull ups again once you start pumping out reps like Tracy!!! I'm surprised the ACLU hasn't demanded the Y change their name.:eek: :7 LOL picking up the girls from the Y's daycare. Can't your parents come up and babysit that weekend. I thought you would pretend you were on a weekend vacation getaway with us! Don't you want to sleep in the condo too? Don't you want me to wake you up at 3AM to calm my imaginary fears? :7 I think Laurie caught wind of Tony's YouTube clip from VF. While on YouTube, I did see his Saddlebag clip. In it he talks about doing cardio to get rid of saddlebags. I just love him!

Debra:)
I don't see anything on your list about walking Polly, stroking the Tick, or taking a nap! Girl, you need to get your priorities straight!:p :+ ;) Enjoy the farmer's market! Have a taste for me!:9

Patricia:)
When my dh's brother had his own sprinkler company, he had a box office for the Flyers. It was good for business. Glad your surgery was uneventful! You'll do anything for an excuse to go shopping!!!;) I bet the shades are lovely!!! Were you wearing your shades while typing/reading personals? There you go again with mixing up Debra's personal to me! She went to the antique show. I do hope she spent more of XDH's $$!!!

Nicole :)
Hope you're feeling better today?

Tracy:)
Kudos to you for doing CM2 the day before TTOM!!! I don't have Hi/Lo Extreme or Sweat. But, knowing you, yesterday must have been one killer workout! I'm amazed with how much you get done in a day!!! Funny how your ds enjoys riding the motorcycle, yet isn't riding his road bike! Is it the same son? Anyway, dh got rid of his motorcycle after he got into a bad car accident. He kept thinking how he would have been dead if he was riding his motorcycle instead of driving his car.

Kim:)
It doesn't matter what's wrong with dh's work van. It's the company vehicle, so they pay for everything including gas and tolls. Makes life a lot less expensive.:) Enjoy your weekend run!!!

Laurie:)
I hope you're able to come play at the cooler before Monday. Your boss will all rested and come back in full force to micromanaging your day!x(

Jeanette:)
Don't you just love getting your hair colored and cut! How was dinner at your mother's house? Did your dh use the BBQ sauce you got in NC? I still can't wait until we have the retreat in your neck of the woods!!! :) LOL on your 70's tunes! But OMW! That must have been scary to fly away on what you were thinking was stationary!!! I'll have to get Phil to show me how to put the bike on and off the trainer. He set it up for me. So, if I go flying it'll be his fault!:p Really, I can ride the treadless tire on the road? Keep in mind, these are usually bumpy back country roads layered with gravel from winter salts. But, hey. I'm sure Phil doesn't mind changing my tire every time I have a whim to smell the flowers.}( ;)

Okay ladies, gotta get some work done around the house.

Chat more later.

Wendy

Hi all,

Wendy - Glad there is no serious damage to the back/shoulder area. Although since I hurt my back I always wonder when there is severe knots and tightening where/if there is nerve damage that it is originating from. Also, it just reinforces that fact that we all should be very careful about how we train. Muscle imbalances can cause serious anatomical problems. DS doesn't ride his motorcycle on the road. He only rides on trails, which I'm sure is only slightly less dangerous. The S&H was through an alternate seller on Amazon, but they had a 91% rating. I've always had good luck with those sellers. DH is not happy about the arrival of ttom because it's a great excuse for me:)

Off to do S&H, then maybe go for a bike ride later.

Tracy

PS. My core is definitely sore from CM2. I guess I have some work to do.

I'm feeling good today. I've been complaining all week of excessive tiredness more physically tired than sleepy. So I made sure I closed the blinds tight so our bedroom was really dark and I slept into almost 9! That's really late for me. Then after breakfast (DH made eggs and toast) then I did one of Eoin Finn's Yoga dvd. Not I'm feeling well rested and stretched, ready for my race tomorrow. This afternoon we're heading to my sister's so the kids can play and the sisters can chat.;-) This evening were off to the hockey game.

Wendy- The police museum was neat. It's only one room and it was free. ;) DD was a little spooked from it, we were the old ones there. It had old guns, handcuffs, batons. etc. It did have an old jail cell that they removed when they tore down a old police station, that the kids can go in. A couple of old police vehicles the kids can sit in like a paddywagon. Old wanted posters from the turn of the century. The had an actually shirt worn by a cop who was fired at 14 times but had his bulletproof vest on and survived. You can see all 14 rips in the shirt. DD said at bedtime that she hoped that she didn't have any nightmares about the museum.

I got my race shirt which I'm wearing today. I enjoy this race as they give you the best stuff :p Last year I got a medal, nice shirt, knapsack and a pancake breakfast for running 7 miles.

I'm so glad that your massage went well!

Patricia- I'm so happy that things went well with your surgery. I keep thinking that I should look into doing that. Sandra's right, you never mention the NHL to a Winnipegger! It's still an extremely hot topic in this city. I think if someone would bring back the Jets, they would be automatically voted premier or mayor.Or maybe both, LOL There was an article in today's paper again quoting our present premier that we can not afford to bring back the Jets.

Debra- Enjoy your busy weekend!

Sandra- I'm running the first leg which is only 6 nice flat miles. My totally new, never ran any races before unsuspecting friend is running the 7 mile leg with the large overpass in it }( I fiqured she needed the extra training. The cops started this race just a few years back, they have it perfectly planned so if your doing the HUGE MB marathon(15,000 people) in June then you're at the point in your training that you are ready for a half marathon and if you're training for the half, then a 2 man half marathon relay is good timing. It's extrememly well organized and all proceeds go to the cancer foundation. Have fun at the Y today!

Tracy Yes, those CM are good workouts. I did one of the premixes last week and really felt it. That sounds like a great deal on the S&H. I only have it on VHS too. I was thinking of doing this series for my strength training this week.

Kim

Good Evening Everyone

1st chance to sit down and chat. Got up early today and went to a local Maple Syrup Festival so guess what I'm making tomorrow? French Toast and real MSyrup yummmmmmy:)

Feeling good today and scatchy eyes as if I have my contact in for way too long and need to take them out. I put drops in my eyes every 2 hours or so to help. I also have to tape plastic shields to eyes each night for sleeping to avoid rubbing eyes during sleep. Well, I'm getting some face waxing every morning when I take the tape off. OOOOOOOuch}( Your forget your little peach fuzz on your face until moments like that.}( Now to figure out how to tape on the same path each night.

Debra -did you get your notes done for your presentation and over to the guy doing the pp? You must be relieved its almost done. How was the farmers market. At the festival today there was a Mennonite booth and they had fresh cinnamon raisen bread. Yummmmmy! 1/2 gone already and probably will be used for french toast tomorrow. Almost bought the raspberry pie but I'm the only one who will eat it. How much does the tooth fairy bring these days?

Wdny - glad to hear you've found a very knowlegeable massuese (sp?). Now to figure out how to see her more than every few weeks. yes, any excuse for shopping. Just didn't tell DH the real cost of the sunglasses:p

Sandra - how did the Y training go? A co-workers wife is doing the same thing now and is teaching spinning classes for free as they don't have a spot for her yet. She's thinking of looking at other gyms for paying work.

Tracey - I've only done CM1 and #2. Don't have a medicine ball so have not tried #3 yet. When Cathe started out with levitation holds on #1 I wondered what was I getting myself into. My yoga class is teaching us this move so maybe I'll master it. I really like #2 and do that fairly regularly and have even started to see some progress on my attempts for the pikes. Gotta get ready for STS. Great deal on ebay. I only have 2 of the 3 S&H and trying to acquire the 3rd over on VF. I agree with you about Amy. I traded away her Hi/Lo extreme. Just not into to space hogs and hi impact so much these days. It wasn't until I was viewing it b/4 I mailed it away that I saw the great pre-mixes it had from her Pump video. Too late. I like her In the Ring though but just skip combo/interval 2.

Kim - good on you for you lie in. Can't remember the last time I slept that late. DS has us up at 5:30. And my DH is an early morning person who just jumps out of the bed it sick I tell you to have that much energy in the a.m.}( You should be well rested for your race tomorrow. Smart on you to get the easier leg.;) Hope the hockey game was fun.

Have a good night all.

Happy evening, lovely ladies...Just now having a chance to say hello...I had DD's dance this morning, then worked on my presentation...got the notes over to the powerpoint boy anyway, went ot the farmer's market and got the day lillies that I wanted for the price I wanted...Then came home and worked some MORE on my presentation..then got in a fight with CBL then took a short little nap, then exercised (Amy's Slo Mo, chest bis and tris), then make up call to CBL, then a shower, a cocktail in the hammock, and then CBL took DD and I out to dinner. After DD went to bed...CBL and I played Wii for a while...and then he went on home...so I played a few games on the computer to relax...and now, just coming over to say goodnight!!

I should have time for a real chat tomorrow...I have to wait around for the Direct TV guy from 12-4...Hopefully I can get the rest of my presentation done in an hour...then I am hoping to have a liason with Eoin...and then I should be ready for a nap or a nice chat....depending on if the install guy is here on time!!

Nighty-night!!!
Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Hi ladies,
Wasn't able to get on this morning as I took my laptop to Mom and Dad's last night and forgot to bring it home. I got a nice bike ride in right after work yesterday (1 hour ride), while DH BBQ'd the chicken and cooked the spinach. We had a nice time there. Today, I did combos 1 and 3 and part of 4 from Amy Bento's Hi/Lo Challenge, then did 4DS Shoulders, and then switched to SJP abs/planks. After that, I drove to Mom's and helped her load Grandma in the car and drove out to the church. It was a very, very nice event (Mother/Daughter Luncheon). There were about 90 quilts on display, nice luncheon and dessert, then some young girls entertained us with violins and the pastor's wife gave a talk. Didn't get home until almost 2 p.m. Helped DH a little on the back porch and did some housework. After that, he and I and the girls (our dogs) headed out for the woods to relax. On the way, I stopped at the car dealership to look at a Ford Escape and a Honda Civic. May be buying the Civic. We'll see. With gas prices like they are, the Jeep is just way too expensive as it gets really lousy mileage for what it is, but it's perfect for our trips with the dogs out to the woods. Tomorrow is a 60 mile bike ride. Weather should be very nice, in the 70's. We'll be leaving around 10 a.m.

On to personals:

Sandra, glad you enjoyed the instructor training. Yes, I used the 5# ankle weights and it wasn't bad at all, except those darned glute sweeps. I hate those. Grandma held up pretty well for the luncheon. She went to the dr. on Thursday. He said her heart is strong. It's the COPD that is getting to her. She just can't seem to get enough oxygen. She never smoked or anything. I think old age is just making her weary. I don't use my Coremax DVD very often for some reason. I like using the stability ball for core work, but chose SJP as I like the music in it.

Wendy, what was wrong with your car? Glad the hair color turned out well. The Captain and his lite beer already fell off the wagon before it even started moving. No workouts yet and he's drinking Tecate. He said he'd start working out next week. I think a foot soak and massage will be just the ticket tomorrow after my bike ride. Oh, the cycling shoes that my niece gave me won't work at all. They are long enough but too narrow. After a few miles, my feet were numb and hurting. Will stick with my SIDI's. They are great cycling shoes for me. Soooooo glad the massage went well. At my last one, she had me do that chicken wing move and really got in there good. I'm glad you got another appointment scheduled. Re: the naked bike tire, maybe tread would be better if you have lots of gravel on the road. Be careful of that gravel for sure. Dinner last night was good. Anybody have a homemade biscuit recipe that is as good as Pillsbury Grands? Those are some tasty biscuits. DH didn't use the Childress BBQ sauce yet. I'm sure he will on some ribs.

Tracy, as much as we all hate TTOM, we're just happy when someone gets it over with. Glad you got S&H on DVD. That's a good one. Did you get a bike ride in? I'm slathering on the sunscreen for tomorrow's ride.

Debra, how was the outdoor antique show? Sounds like fun. I bet your countryside is just gorgeous now. Was the art show at school fun? Bet Julia was excited to put her tooth under her pillow. Fond memories of that as a kid for me. You are always one busy girl. Miss you! I need to think about getting some shrubs to plant in the front yard. I think I need a vacation to get everything done that I want to do.

Laurie, did you get the run in? Hope so. Sorry about the Brewer's losing. So you got the 25# DB's now? Good deal. I'm not sure if I'll order 30#ers yet. I'll have to wait until I do my 1 rep max test. I do think I'll really use the Platemates. Just need to order them now. DH is plugging away on the house. It'll be nice when it's done. Then he wants to redo the deck, turning over the boards as they are good on the other side. I'll have to check out that Tony link.

Kim, I'll definitely check out the 4DS upper body premix. That sounds great. I'm enjoying working one or two body parts. So do you think the slanted risers are a must? Sleeping in sounds wonderful. Seems like I always have something that I've got to get up fairly early for. Hope you have a blast at your race tomorrow!!!! Go Kim, go Kim, go!!!

Patricia, so great to her the success of your eye surgery! That's awesome. Will you have to wear any reading glasses?

Nicole, sorry your boys are sick. Hope it doesn't last long.

Will chat with you all tomorrow,

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.