Watercooler ----Simple Sunday

Thanks for starting us off Tracy. Think it will be a simple Sunday thats for sure. Sitting her now after breakfast and my first cup of coffee watch Coronation Street and can't decide what to do today. Probably will end up doing some spring cleaning.

DH still in bad trying to recover from his team losing at hockey last night. DS sitting watch Arthur on a mini DVD player.

I did LIS last night and will probably do Power Yoga later today. Have not done that in a long time so time to dust it off. Either my buns or sore from Fri's w/o from Muscle Max or wash and vaccumming the car on Sat was a real butt w/o.:)

Hope everyone is enjoying a relaxing Sun.

BBL

Patricia

Oh my goodness, you wouldn't believe the amount of snow outside my house this morning. We had a bonafide blizzard that lasted alllllll day yesterday. Just miserable. Even the temps have dropped back to winter (-11C/12F). We had the fireplace on yesterday afternoon. One week ago the temps were 23C (73F) and it was sunny. Makes you want to move house, for sure.

Today's my rest day, but I think I'll do a bit of yoga this morning. Maybe the lovely Eoin's Magically Hips.

Tracy - Wow, I impressed that you managed to make a difference with your shape. That can't be easy to do when you're already in such great condition. How was your bowling the other day?

Patricia - So, did you get to watch the hockey game last night? Your lunch yesterday sounded lovely. What cardio did you end up doing last night?

Kim - Yes, spring blizzards are miserable. There's rabbit tracks all around my house this morning that I never saw all winter. I imagine the critters are having a hard time of it.

Carol - Drill Max! One of my favourites. I'll have to do it next week, for sure. I'd never do the raw food thing; completely unfeasible in our climate. Did you get the cleaning done yesterday?

Jeanette - The first 30mins of Cardio Fusion is a great step workout! Thanks for reminding me. I haven't decided what short step workouts I'll be doing this week, so that one will fit the bill for one of the days. DH wants to start *running*?! Wow, in my imagination, he's not the sort for that kind of thing at all. Has he ever run before (and I don't mean to the beer store! LOL) CONGRATULATIONS on finally getting your promotion!!!! What a PITA that was!! I did CC#6 with Sean. I'd forgotten I'd done that one once last year while running, but I sure remembered once he asked me after the 5th sprint whether I was feeling green! It's an excellent one. Left me feeling pumped all day. And hungry.

Wendy - How old are your sons? I can't recall (I do NOT have a photographic memory!). What a fun bike ride that was! Yes, I have the sticky-pedals. They take some getting used to. I'm glad I had the trainer in the basement on which to practice, so I could get used to them without the danger of falling over. I generally try to avoid falling over, whether it be forwards, backwards, or sideways. It's not fun. I don't know if Phil knows anything about the pedals, but apparently you can put them on really tight, or keep them a bit looser. Don't make both pedals really tight, or you won't be able to pull your foot out, and then you'll fall down (see sentence above about undesirability of falling down). Jeanette probably has more words of wisdom about this. I don't use vital wheat gluten in my breads, so I have no idea what kind of effect it has. I was floored at your 5tbsp of yeast mistake, though!! Good thing you killed the yeast with too high of a temperature, or you'd have had a loaf as big as your oven. Excellent thumbing, btw. I'd completely forgotten about joking that DH should join the check in, way back when you joined. Again, my memory isn't that good.

Laurie - XStretch! My favourite P90X workout :p What's the point of a low-fat doughnut? The dough is merely a vehicle for transporting fat and sugar to mouth. Without the fat and sugar, who wants to eat a lump of dough?

Debra - Wow, what an assortment of meat you can buy at your farmer's market. I'm not sure if we can get ostrich at ours, but we can get the others. Have you ever eaten ostrich? Does it taste like chicken? I adore tomato sandwiches, so I'd have been a happy lady. Last summer I planted tomato plants in some containers and carefully watered and nurtured the plants for at least 3 months. In August, when I had some large, plump, sun-warmed tomatoes ready for eating, I made some ww oatmeal bread, toasted a couple slices, smothered them in lf miracle whip, piled on the tomato slices, and started eating. Truly one of the best meals of the year. I'd take it over Christmas turkey. I did this when no one else was around to bug me, because a meal like that requires full concentration, to enjoy every bite. How'd the bowling go?

Well, looks like Traci's still rejuvenating at the Bay, and everyone else is enjoying their weekends, too. We'll be heading to West Edmonton Mall this morning. We're going to have brunch at one of the restaurants, then the kids can play in GalaxyKids while DH goes and buys himself a pair of pants. I'll probably bring my thesis & laptop and do some editing while the kids play. I also need to buy the tax software today and get started on that.

Have a great day!
Sandra

Howdy Ladies!

Just more Clean Max for me today. MIL's coming over later on, so we need to have the house pretty clean, lol. We also have a bday party for extended family (we're doing all 3 April bdays together), so it'll be quite a bit of driving, too (2hrs each way). I will probably also exercise my hands with Cross-stitch Max in the car, too ;-)

Jeanette -- WOO HOO!!! Hooray!!! I'm so glad they finally got their acts together! LOL about killing your kids with homeschooling. It does take dedication and work, but it's doable, too :) I do agree it's not the right decision for every child or family. To each their own. DH and I went wine tasting in northern Virginia a couple of years ago and loved it then, too. I'm sure this will be even better!

Patricia -- UGH! How annoying to hear that it's "fine" when it's clearly not. I'm glad you were at least able to catch the game even if your team lost...

Wendy -- What an awesome cardio workout :) I'm glad you were able to keep going and stretch your fitness. I can't wait 'til my kiddos are old enough to be able to do stuff like that with.

Laurie -- Sorry about your DD's team. Thankfully I never dropped the baton and only fell once (in indoor track, rolled into the infield and was fine, not even DQ'd!). I agree about raw eating... I've also heard it's very expensive.

Tracy -- I hear ya. I, like you, just like some veggies better cooked than raw, like broccoli. I just can't stomach it raw, but I LOVE it steamed :9

Debra -- LOL about your "bunnies". I'm glad they're gone now :D I hope you had fun bowling and your knee feels better today!

Sandra -- Yikes on the fluctuating temps! I did get lots of cleaning done, but not all of it :( With the kids being home just about all the time (we do go out and do things, but we're hear the majority of the time), it gets messy quickly! lol. I do involve them in Clean Max, though, so it works out.

Hi to everyone else :) I hope you all have a great day!

Carol

Hi all,

Today is cardio and 4ds legs and I've decided to do 4ds BC cardio then all of 4ds legs. I'll do a little yoga later.

I have spent all weekend washing up winter clothes and putting them away, and getting out spring stuff. What a PITA. I need a clothing change. I'm sick of all of the winter stuff. I've thrown some stuff out and probably should pitch a lot more. I think I need to go to the jr dept and get some new tops. I hate to shop though.

Sandra - We are getting tons of rain today, but we need it so bad. It is dry already and it's only April. OK, I could be a commercial for 4ds. It really has helped me and the main bonus; I have no aches and pains! The bowling was fun. MR=mental retardation. It's good for the kids because bowling is so cause/effect and it's something that they all can do, even if they are in wheelchairs. By the time I edited my dissertation for the umpteenth time I think I just read over the errors. If I had had the $$ I would have paid someone to do it.

Jeanette - I hope the ride goes well today. Sounds like you are building up your milage nicely. Does your retirement depend on the current salary? Our is based on our last 3 years, so it pays to get a higher paying job at the end. Will you be running with DH?

Patricia - My DH helps coach HS baseball and during the season, he is obsessed with it; wins/losses/the coaches/kids etc. At least then he is not so fixated on se*:)

Carol - Did you go wine tasting around Middleburg/Upperville VA? There are lots of vineyards in that area. My parents live very close to there. Funny, brocolli was the veggie that came to mind when I commented on the raw food. I just couldn't stomach lots of it raw.

Wendy - The flax oil is about 30% cheaper at Vitacost and the protein power that I buy is half of what it sells for at Whole Foods. Plus, freight is a flat 4.99 for anything. How is the back today?

Debra - Be careful with that knee:(. Have you tried a cloth knee brace? Sometimes the extra support helps minor injuries heal. Ice?
We have farmer's markets here too, but they are not cheap. In fact, they are more than the grocery store.

Traci - I hope you are enjoying the bay!

I think I caught up with everyone else yesterday.

Tracy

Stopping by to say hello before heading out to breakfast with DD. Sunday is our out for breakfast day...We are headed to a place called 'Tex and Shirley's' which has about 25 different kinds of pancakes. DD loves it. I am planning on getting an actual workout in today, hopefully. I ended up not doing anything yesterday and of course, my knee has been bothering me. I had some pain over night with it too...nothing awful, just a very nagging ache. Anyhoo...off to get something on besides my pjs. I'll bbl to catch up with personals...although I got to most everyone last night...Now just need to get the morning posters...and of course, Jeanette!!

Hope everyone is having a fun day...except for Sandra, I guess, who will be digging out of snow for a few days...UGH!!!

Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Happy Sunday Gang... Still @ bay and getting lots of spring cleaning done along with a tad bit of study time...

I am going to "check-out" of "check-in" for a few weeks... I have so much on my plate these days and need to get a focus...as you know I'm not one to not read/ not reply - moderation on Cathe.com just doesnt exist for me...

I am only an email away from all of you and do hope if anything awesome or devastating occurs in your lives you will call or email me.

I'm sticking to the Dr Rastin Plan (the lower body one) for 30 days..after 30 I start adding in lite upper 1x a week & then if STS still isnt out I'll do 30 days of upper a little more intensely....will take measurement tomorrow & let ya all know results... The plan includes yoga so I'm sure I'll be as strong in my upper as ever! The goal is to be 100% ready for STS!!

Luv & Hugs to all!!!

Hi,
I'm taking off for my group bike ride. Temps are definitely cooler this morning, slight breeze. If no one shows, I'll still ride the loop so cardio will be done and can do something else today at home.

Will post more later,

Traci, ;(

Jeanette

Good Afternoon All

Gee, I re-read my post this morning and can you tell I was tired? What terrible grammar/spelling. And I wasn't even hung-over:-(

Bought new aerobic shoes today so didn't want to do yoga so did Muscle Max instead and then Core Max #2x.

Sandra - yikes on the snow. I just put the flannels and down-filled comforter away so keep the snow and don't send it East. Hope you had a good time at the mall and got some work done.

Carol/Tracey - sounds like you in the same frame of mind as me. Getting ready to put the winter clothes away and get out the spring/summer. The only thing I don't like about it is the iron now comes out too}(

Debra - how were the pancakes. when ever I eat out for breakfast it's always frent toast or pancakes. Yum, Yum:)

Traci - hope you check-in everyone in a while. I was just thinking that by the time you're ready for UP work STS should be out so I see your looking on the bright side of that too, to be ready for it.

Okay, have not had lunch and the little guy just woke up.

Bicyclists!!!
I was checking out magnetic trainers today at a local bike shop. Any recommendations as to which brand? Or what to look for? Phil said I could buy a Cannondale trainer selling for 250. I wanted to check with you guys first. I did buy an ipod shuffle for cheap at Walmart to use with my Cardio coaches.

Traci-x
You can't get rid of me that easily! I will be making sure you're sticking with the Boobs Down plan!!!

BBL for punching personals.

Wendy

Hi Wendy,
I don't know much about magnetic trainers, but fluid trainers are what all the racer guys use during the winter. I bought a fluid trainer from Performance Bike for around $150. They are quiet so you could probably ride it in the house with someone else watching TV in the same room. DON'T get a wind trainer. Sounds like a tornado! That's what I had and the Garage Boys didn't want me to use it as they couldn't hear the DVD on the TV. It was one that was given to me and I can see why. It was sooooo loud, I'd have to have the TV cranked on high in order to even hear what they were saying. Look on www.nashbar.com or www.performancebike.com. Sometimes they have sales. I think mine was a TravelTrak something or other and it's fine.

Hope this helps.

Jeanette

Hi all,

I don't know what kind of trainer we have, it was given to us, but it must be similar to Jeanette's old one. It is so loud you can barely hear the dvd over it. We need to invest in a new one; that's on the list.

I had a nice workout today and I was sweating buckets. Legs felt great! Doing the BC lower circuit, then finishing with the squats and on to the KB was a nice way to mix things up.

Patricia - I spent most of the day yesterday re-washing and drying everything to avoid the iron. I hate ironing. The stuff isn't perfect, but it will do.

Traci - If you are lurking, we'll miss you. I was close to checking out for a couple of weeks then changed my mind. I just post when I can. It's not like I spend hours on the phone too:)

I'm finding every excuse not to study these last chapters in the ACE book. They are so boring.

Tracy

Hi all,
Only one other person showed for the group bike ride, my 75 year young friend, but he was on his mtn. bike. He had a good plan to stay out of the wind and ride dirt trails. I rode our local loop in 39 degree temps. Wind was blowing so it wasn't too pleasant, but at least it got done. DH just sold the little Honda car that we have so that's good. Maybe it will look less like a used car lot around here.

Patricia, what Power Yoga did you do? My intro to fitness DVD's was a Yoga Zone - Power Yoga for Beginners video. Good job on Muscle Max and the CM#2. I always like MM when I do it.

Carol, how were the birthday parties? Nice when they can be combined. We do that a lot around here too. I used to do some cross stitching. Now I only get on this computer in the evenings. Sad life, huh? I'm envious big time you are going to the wine country in California. I'd love to get back there and do another cycling trip.

Sandra, I like Cardio Fusion as she jumps right into the combos without you having to learn them. I did the step section 2X. My DH SAYS he used to run when he was in high school. When we ran together a couple years ago, he huffed and puffed for the first couple times, then improved quickly. LOL about running to the beer store! Ain't that the truth!! We'll see what happens in the running department. I don't have lots of extra time and I'll just have to see how motivated he is. I love tomato sandwiches too. I like Miracle Whip and pepper on them.

Tracy, nice workout for you too. Yep, retirement is based on the monthly salary for the last year. Good for you on putting the winter clothes away. I should do that, but I'm such a grasshopper.

Debra, how were the pancakes at Tex & Shirley's? I love pancakes!!! When I was growing up, I had the biggest appetite of the kids in the family and would brag that I could eat 6 of them. I'm sure I still could. How is the knee? Did you get to ice it?

Traci, dang it, we'll miss you terribly. Please post when you feel ready. Do we really take up that much time? Maybe you are going to devote more time to being that sex-slave that Wendell wants you to be.

Gotta run, BBL.

Jeanette

Question,
I'm thinking of getting Platemates. What Platemate weights do I need? I'd also like a 20# weight vest. Any suggestions?

Jeanette

Hi all,

As you can see, I either don't have much to do, or I do, and I'm not doing it:)

Jeanette - There were so many piles of dirty clothes I could not avoid the inevitable. It definitely wasn't my choice of activities for the weekend. Luckily it rained hard today, so I couldn't do much else.

I'd like some ideas on a weighted vest too. There was a thread on video fitness that had some links and they were $150+. I got frustrated and quit looking. I'd like something much, much cheaper. I'm really not planning on doing cardio with it, so I think that makes a difference.

Later,

Tracy

;( ;( Traci, we'll miss your cheery morning posts. Check in when you feel able to.

Super busy weekend and I'm exhausted so just a quick post. The concert last night was great! DS kept saying it was the best birthday present ever!

DH and I just finished doing Butts and Guts, he's so funny, during the ab section he never noticed that Cathe and I had removed our ankle weights. I did point this out to him a few exercises later ;-)

DD and I went shopping for spring clothes this afternoon which was lots of fun! She's getting older (7) and more "fun" to do things with. Will try and catch up more later.

Kim

Kim, glad you enjoyed the concert last night. Which group did you like the best? That's pretty funny about your DH keeping his ankle weights on. Bet it was fun shopping with your DD. I really need some spring clothes myself. I need to schedule a trip to Reno. All we have in our town is a Walmart and a western clothing store.

Jeanette

Yes! It's late! Dh kept me awake longer than usual. ;)

Jeanette
Did your grandmother go to the mother daughter luncheon or was that next weekend? LOL about 1 man showing up. I don't blame him for wanting the wind protection! Glad you were able to get a ride in today anyway. Thanks for the trainer recommendation. I'm going to see if my local Performance Bike store has it in stock. If not, I'll order it online while there's free ground shipping. I bought a pair of 1 1/4 pound Platemates and realized I needed another pair if I was using 2 dumbbells! So, I had to order another pair again. I'll look for the website where I bought them and let you know. I haven't researched vests yet.

Tracy
Hope you were able to finish those last few chapters! I'm glad you did't decide to check out without warning! We would be very worried and have to make Debra go digging holes in your yard to make sure you did't bury your dh and run off to Canada in a tank top!!!;) 4DS KB gets my heart pumping! I can't imagine doing BC beforehand!!!

Debra
So sorry to hear your knees weren't bowled over Saturday night! Try to take it easy on your legs. NO Dr Rastin "How to Look Good From the Boobs Down" rotation for you!!! I don't suppose Tex & Shirleys serve hemp pancakes. Kinda like Hams doesn't serve just ham. :) Tell CBL, "Better him than us!!!" You should be doing the Happy Dance that you weren't invited to the Diva's spa party!!!

Okay posting before time expires!

Wendy

Today was a rest day unless you count kneading dough. My shoulder and back felt tight all day, but it was't in pain and very little pressure feel.

Sandra
The Loaf For Learning turned out beautifully!!! The only thing I could have done to make it better was to leave it in the oven a few minutes longer. Of course, this is the opinion of a beginner baker! It's like my eldest DD saying her prayers when she was 4. She had asked God to bless every person she knew and the rest of the world before finishing. I asked her if she forgot anything. She searched her memory before coming to the conclusion that anyone forgotten would have been included with the rest of the world. So, I told her, "I meant, is there any sins you want to ask God to forgive?" She thought some more before innocently declaring, "Um, no. I didn't sin today." LOL So I squelched my desire to bust out laughing before I gently told her, "Honey, remember at the beginning of the year, you didn't know your alphabet and how you learned to them well enough to read books. Well, the more you learn about God, the more you'll learn about what He considers sin. So just because you don't think you've sinned, trust me you most likely did!" LOL Anyhow, that's most likely how I am with evaluating my loaf of bread. A fireplace sounds so cozy on a snow covered day! I am surprised you all ventured outdoors. Was it worth it? Was DH able to find pants? Were you able to edit?!? LOL on the B double E R U N! <--- I forget which movie that's from. Thanks for the pedal tips! I was sure to tell DH about it. My boys are soon to be 20, 16, and 14. By August, all my DC will be in double digits! They truly grow up too fast for my liking!!!

Carol
Did you get 3 slices of cake too? ;) LOL on your Max Day! I'm an Embroidery Max kind of girl. I think cross stitch is pretty too. Don't wish them older too soon! Enjoy this season! They truly grow up too fast!

Posting before all is lost to the black hole of lost threads!

Wendy

Patricia
Don't worry about grammar. Thankfully, we're not being graded or else I'd get a big fat F and Debra would take 5 times longer to post so that she could garner an A+ from Cathe!!!;) MM... That's one has a dread factor for me! Which baron power yoga do you have? I forgot if you told Sandra how old you are. How old are you? Oh, will you be able to go on the computer after your eye surgery?

Kim
How sweet of your son! I bet your heart filled with joy when he told you how he felt!!! OMW! You are cruel & evil! I love it! How funny you waited to bring it to your DH's attention! Shuuush! I don't use ankle weights EVER for any of Cathe's Leg tortures!

Well ladies my cell phone's battery is getting low. Off to bed I go. Tomorrow is a long day. I probably won't be able to post till late afternoon or evening.

Sweet Dreams!
Wendy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.